The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1192, 1193, 1194 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
pio2u wrote:
During our quest for our next championship there will also be a few notable milestones that LBJ will probably reach this season.

* LeBron James (32,543 career points entering the 2019-20 season) needs 1,101 points to pass Kobe Bryant (33,643) for third place on the NBA’s all-time scoring list.

* LeBron James (1,937 career steals) is ranked 16th all-time in steals and can climb as high as 13th place this season.

* LeBron James (8,662 career assists entering the 2019-20 season) is the only player that ranks in the top 10 all time in both points and assists. He is ranked 10th in assists and could climb to eighth this season.

* LeBron James (11,838 career field goals made) is ranked 5th all-time. LBJ needs 355 made field goals to pass Michael Jordan for 4th place.

* LeBron James (7,140 career free throws made) is ranked 8th all-time in free throws made and should climb into the top five this season.
LBJ needs 21 FTM to pass laker great Jerry West (7160) for seventh place.

* LeBron James (46,234 career minutes played) ranks 15th in NBA history and could climb as high as 7th all time this season.

I think he'll go down as the greatest regular season player of all time. Only other argument is Wilt.

Wilt is pretty untouchable as the regular season GOAT imo.

Both he and LBJ came to the Lakers later in their careers, and after already logging the bulk of their great HOF careers. Wilt has a lot of fanfare still today. My hope is one day those who just despise LBJ period can at least come to a Wilt level respect. Of course LBJ has to earn that ring though. Wouldn't it be sweet irony if he is the one that ties us with Boston for rings (and beyond)?

Yes, neither Wilt or Lebron were the best in the league during their Laker careers.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
kinda strange to even compare Kobe and Lebron. The sheer power in Lebron's game, the combo of size and agility plus court vision, to be able to simply shrug guys off while driving to the basket. Even comparing Kobe with MJ, MJ had those ridiculous hands. You can look at various things but comparing these guys to each other is still a lot of apples to oranges type comparisons. Kobe wouldn't do this or that in that particular situation, Lebron would, etc. etc.

I’m down with this post, for sure. Totally cool with leaving the entire debate where it belongs. In the land of competitive conjecture. Arguing one’s deeply held sports convictions can be one of the most fun things in life. To each their own.
But really don’t enjoy those who get pissed when someone offers their take and it includes some viscous criticisms of a player they hold dear. Be ready and willing to challenge any and all ideas, if you believe different.
Many on this board Absolutely eviscerate players like Harden and Paul George but when one of us do the same to LeBron we are labeled “haters” or accused of having an “agenda” instead of just having our opinions challenged honestly.
Emotions are part of what makes these conversations fun.
But maybe calm down a bit and stop it with the demonization, yeah?

Oh, and Kobe>Lebron
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

TMZ guy went after Barkley because he thought Barkley would dunk on Lebron and the China issue. Shocked the hell out of him when Barkley defended Lebron ... probably the only time he will as well

I unfortunately can't watch this first game. Pretty sad because I want to watch Lebron, AD and the rest of the Lakers team (who's healthy anyway) get after the Clippers. Hopefully they bring home the W
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
TMZ guy went after Barkley because he thought Barkley would dunk on Lebron and the China issue. Shocked the hell out of him when Barkley defended Lebron ... probably the only time he will as well

I unfortunately can't watch this first game. Pretty sad because I want to watch Lebron, AD and the rest of the Lakers team (who's healthy anyway) get after the Clippers. Hopefully they bring home the W

Wow.
Every once in a while, Charles says very intelligent things. And it's funny because it's usually when he's not talking basketball.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
I stopped arguing with Kobe fans in 2010 for a reason. New year and the same posters spewing the same hate now with a +1. Enjoy the season guys. Let’s hope the boys stay healthy. Oh, and no player is a better elimination player than LeBron James. Just thought I’d add that fact.

Once again. That is not a fact. It is an opinion. Perhaps a valid one, perhaps not. Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and many other legends of the game and their fans could add their own “facts” to that debate.
LeBron shrunk in the 4th quarter of the Finals vs Dallas in perhaps the most embarrassing display of ineptitude the league has ever seen from a player with his abilities.
The last minutes of game 6 vs the Spurs before Ray Allen hit that corner 3 was All-Time pathetic. THAT is closer to a fact than your simplistically whitewashed statement claiming the opposite.
The truth is there are so many instances where LeBron ran from the big moments or just played scared when it mattered most that it’s borderline comical to hear these types of utterances about the guy.
Now, the moment he Finally lived up to the challenge was that game 6 performance on the road vs Boston when the Heat were facing elimination.
That was an epic showing. No denying that. But that was almost 10 years into his career. Kobe already had ice in his veins by the age of 21. He proved it over and over again during back to back to back championships.
Your conjecture is merely that, albeit echoed by a chorus of drones repeating the same thing for a decade.

Jordan to his credit did not face games 7s so we will never really know. Kobe has not impressed in Game 7s. Referencing Ray’s game tying shot is and will remain ridiculous when you consider that shot becomes irrelevant if Bron doesn’t have the 4th quarter he had. He also hit a big time 3 right before that shot which gave the Heat a chance. There’s many things LeBron detractors can point to, but him being the standard during game 7s is much closer to a fact than an opinion. I don’t have the numbers but it may actually be a fact. He goes down fighting almost every time. Dallas is the only series someone can point to him coming up small in his storied career. His longevity may allow him to be the all-time scorer and he’s already 10 top in assist.

You said “elimination” games. Those are not just game 7’s.
And you may want to watch the last 5 or 6 minutes or so of that game against the Spurs. He was choking BigTime.
This particular narrative is a bit rose colored, IMO

I’d say that your view of that game is more rose colored. Ray hitting that big shot is no different than Kerr hitting big 3s for Jordan’s Bulls and Horry for the Lakers. Also, give credit where it’s due. A casual fan will say Ray saved him. LeBron misses that 3 before Ray and the game is over anyway.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
I stopped arguing with Kobe fans in 2010 for a reason. New year and the same posters spewing the same hate now with a +1. Enjoy the season guys. Let’s hope the boys stay healthy. Oh, and no player is a better elimination player than LeBron James. Just thought I’d add that fact.

Once again. That is not a fact. It is an opinion. Perhaps a valid one, perhaps not. Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and many other legends of the game and their fans could add their own “facts” to that debate.
LeBron shrunk in the 4th quarter of the Finals vs Dallas in perhaps the most embarrassing display of ineptitude the league has ever seen from a player with his abilities.
The last minutes of game 6 vs the Spurs before Ray Allen hit that corner 3 was All-Time pathetic. THAT is closer to a fact than your simplistically whitewashed statement claiming the opposite.
The truth is there are so many instances where LeBron ran from the big moments or just played scared when it mattered most that it’s borderline comical to hear these types of utterances about the guy.
Now, the moment he Finally lived up to the challenge was that game 6 performance on the road vs Boston when the Heat were facing elimination.
That was an epic showing. No denying that. But that was almost 10 years into his career. Kobe already had ice in his veins by the age of 21. He proved it over and over again during back to back to back championships.
Your conjecture is merely that, albeit echoed by a chorus of drones repeating the same thing for a decade.

Jordan to his credit did not face games 7s so we will never really know. Kobe has not impressed in Game 7s. Referencing Ray’s game tying shot is and will remain ridiculous when you consider that shot becomes irrelevant if Bron doesn’t have the 4th quarter he had. He also hit a big time 3 right before that shot which gave the Heat a chance. There’s many things LeBron detractors can point to, but him being the standard during game 7s is much closer to a fact than an opinion. I don’t have the numbers but it may actually be a fact. He goes down fighting almost every time. Dallas is the only series someone can point to him coming up small in his storied career. His longevity may allow him to be the all-time scorer and he’s already 10 top in assist.

You said “elimination” games. Those are not just game 7’s.
And you may want to watch the last 5 or 6 minutes or so of that game against the Spurs. He was choking BigTime.
This particular narrative is a bit rose colored, IMO

I’d say that your view of that game is more rose colored. Ray hitting that big shot is no different than Kerr hitting big 3s for Jordan’s Bulls and Horry for the Lakers. Also, give credit where it’s due. A casual fan will say Ray saved him. LeBron misses that 3 before Ray and the game is over anyway.

Well... Agree to disagree (Ron Burgundy voice)
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Too much has been made of the LeBron/China thing. Totalitarianism sucks the very essence of (bleep), but on that same token I can't pretend that I'm anywhere in the vicinity of a figure such as LeBron, i.e. prominent athlete/celebrity with a global brand, who's also a cog in several multi billion dollar enterprises with strongholds in the Asian continent (particularly China). As much as we'd like to speculate on what we would do if put in LeBron's shoes, nobody here really knows for sure. Someone like Daryl Morey isn't a global brand; thus he'll be afforded more leeway in this situation. LeBron's words and actions can affect his contractual relationships (and they are substantial), so with all due respect sisters/brothers, ya'll don't know what you would do given those circumstances. That's a different ballgame.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Too much has been made of the LeBron/China thing. Totalitarianism sucks the very essence of (bleep), but on that same token I can't pretend that I'm anywhere in the vicinity of a figure such as LeBron, i.e. prominent athlete/celebrity with a global brand, who's also a cog in several multi billion dollar enterprises with strongholds in the Asian continent (particularly China). As much as we'd like to speculate on what we would do if put in LeBron's shoes, nobody here really knows for sure. Someone like Daryl Morey isn't a global brand; thus he'll be afforded more leeway in this situation. LeBron's words and actions can affect his contractual relationships (and they are substantial), so with all due respect sisters/brothers, ya'll don't know what you would do given those circumstances. That's a different ballgame.

Some people have codes they would never break for anyone or anything.
So your statement might be true of most, but not all.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

At least Shaq, a real Laker great, defends freedom of speech.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Thank god there’s a game on so we can stop talking about (bleep) China.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Thank god there’s a game on so we can stop talking about (bleep) China.

I agree. Quite honestly, I don't care what most athletes and entertainers think about geopolitics.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is washed, this is a farewell tour part 2
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Lebron is washed, this is a farewell tour part 2

Good joke.
I like that his defensive effort is up this game.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Can't score in the half court. Skillset is severely limited. Bottom line.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Weird.
I thought most of his points were from the half court.
We must be watching different games.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Weird.

He has a helmet on.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I think we can all acknowledge that he no longer has a physical advantage.. He's still more intelligent than most of the players on the court. He's still going to be effective out there, he just needs a good supporting cast.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Weird.

He has a helmet on.

I chuckled..
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I think we can all acknowledge that he no longer has a physical advantage.. He's still more intelligent than most of the players on the court. He's still going to be effective out there, he just needs a good supporting cast.

You mean in athleticism?
Cuz he's still strong imo
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

You mean in athleticism?
Cuz he's still strong imo

Yea, there was a time where he was physically superior to anyone standing in front of him.. and there was nothing they could do about it.

He's still a tank..
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Weird.

He has a helmet on.

I chuckled..

I’m dead.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Weird.

Yeah... We are definitely watching different games.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
epak wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Weird.

Try TNT
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject:

He’s done - accept it. Trade him for Cj Mcollum
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
epak wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Weird.

I guess you want somewhere to lay the blame
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1192, 1193, 1194 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1193 of 2086
Jump to: