The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1190, 1191, 1192 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Instead of being grateful that the Lakers have had basically 10 of the top 15 players of all time, we want to wage Kobe v. LBJ battles in 2019. Fun times.

I'm just happy that in my lifetime I've been able to cheer Magic/KAJ/Worthy, then Shaq/Kobe, then Kobe/Pau, and then now LBJ/AD. (These are just guys who are HOFers).

Grateful? I'm grateful for my wife and kids. Not the Lakers.

That is abundantly clear.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
nickuku wrote:
The insecurity around here regarding Kobe has become cult like now. I've been blasted for simply saying that I think Lebron has become a better player. Kobe is my favorite player of all time and that will never change. However, nothing Lebron does takes away from the fact that I enjoyed 20 years of Kobe's career. Sitting here and reading (bleep) like "Lebron can't hold a candle to Kobe" is like reading the manifesto of a crazy person. Its absolutely bonkers.

And many others have been taken to task for saying the opposite. Goes with the territory when you post your thoughts on a site where others can post theirs as well.
The cult of LeBron is also thriving mightily out there. Let’s keep it real.

People act like there are non truths being spoken here.

Wanna know who LeBron is under pressure... Look to how he handled the China situation. Each and every dang time -- that's what LeBron will do.

I don't care who says what... Just don't disrespect the sacrifices of Kobe for a dude who doesn't even have an NBA home anymore.

What the hell does this have to do with basketball? Kobe isn't some paragon of morality either.

It has EVERYTHING to do with basketball. When LeBron needs to sacrifice without an assured or high probability of success; he will find a way not to do whatever is required to succeed.

The way he handled China is the same way he handles TRUE adversity. Quits or blames someone else. But this is the SAME dude who was pushing Black Lives Matters and supporting Colin Kaepernick without hesitation.

The hypocrisy of LeBron is bigger than basketball because he's the one who decides when he wants to cherry pick social causes to support. If you support people and have a heart for justice -- then you do it when it's unpopular and not just when you are insulated from repercussions. Otherwise, you just shut up and let the real fighters do their work.

The misery that follows your posts. My goodness.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

And I’m not even a LBJ fan (check my posts before he became a Laker).
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

You shouldn't even have to provide these kind of disclaimers. We should be able to asses posts based on the substance and nothing more.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
nickuku wrote:
The insecurity around here regarding Kobe has become cult like now. I've been blasted for simply saying that I think Lebron has become a better player. Kobe is my favorite player of all time and that will never change. However, nothing Lebron does takes away from the fact that I enjoyed 20 years of Kobe's career. Sitting here and reading (bleep) like "Lebron can't hold a candle to Kobe" is like reading the manifesto of a crazy person. Its absolutely bonkers.

And many others have been taken to task for saying the opposite. Goes with the territory when you post your thoughts on a site where others can post theirs as well.
The cult of LeBron is also thriving mightily out there. Let’s keep it real.

True, which is why I've informally retired from engaging such discussions (even though I do occasionally bite the bullet, I ain't perfect).

Lol. Same here
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Let's not get back into the China debacle, it just makes people sound ignorant. We should instead concentrate on how Lebron is far better at baskteball than Kobe.

I see what you did there
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject:

LeBron James

Verified account

@KingJames
3h3 hours ago
More
‘‘Twas the Night Before Christmas feeling right now! Excitement on high beams 🤯😱😤🤩😁👑
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Regular season Lebron > regular season Kobe

Playoff Kobe > playoff Lebron
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject:

Last time LeBron and his supporting cast played vs Kawhi and the defending champs.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject:

LeBron is one of the all-time great players and I’m happy he’s a Laker.

But if I could choose between the two for a do-or-die game, I’ll take Kobe all day long. If Kobe dies, he’s gonna die with his boots on. LeBron hasn’t always left this fan with that impression.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:43 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:

But if I could choose between the two for a do-or-die game, I’ll take Kobe all day long. If Kobe dies, he’s gonna die with his boots on. LeBron hasn’t always left this fan with that impression.

When people says do-or-die game, I'm assuming they are talking about game 7... Fact is Kobe does not play up to his caliber in game 7. Lebron is probably considered one of the best game 7 performers.

Game 7 Career Stats:
Lebron - 34.8 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 5.1 APG
Kobe - 22.2 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 5.0 APG
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:09 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Lebron/AD is strikingly similar to Kobe/Shaq of the early 2000's. Hopefully, the result would also be similar. Here's to the first of 3 consecutive championships. Cheers.

If Lebron could get us 3 rings, I'd put him on my mount rushmore of Laker legends.

LeBron and AD are NOWHERE similar to Shaq and Kobe. How did you come up with this?

Lol I guess we agree on some things, Kylo. I'm taking Kobe/Shaq all-day, every day over this current duo. But damn, your absolute misery at having Bron on the Lakers is pretty pitiful. I feel a little sorry for you. A little.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:51 am    Post subject:

I stopped arguing with Kobe fans in 2010 for a reason. New year and the same posters spewing the same hate now with a +1. Enjoy the season guys. Let’s hope the boys stay healthy. Oh, and no player is a better elimination player than LeBron James. Just thought I’d add that fact.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:53 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Lebron/AD is strikingly similar to Kobe/Shaq of the early 2000's. Hopefully, the result would also be similar. Here's to the first of 3 consecutive championships. Cheers.

If Lebron could get us 3 rings, I'd put him on my mount rushmore of Laker legends.

LeBron and AD are NOWHERE similar to Shaq and Kobe. How did you come up with this?

Lol I guess we agree on some things, Kylo. I'm taking Kobe/Shaq all-day, every day over this current duo. But damn, your absolute misery at having Bron on the Lakers is pretty pitiful. I feel a little sorry for you. A little.

Yeah, they’re not similar. Let alone Strikingly so. Poor choice of words.
Now LeBron and The Brow ARE very versatile and dangerous, this much is true. I can’t think of an inside outside combo deadlier at present. At least not until Ben out there in Philly actually gets himself a reliable jump shot. But that seems like a big if at this point. His shot is worse than LeBron’s when he 1st made the jump from high school. Way worse.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:54 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

When people says do-or-die game, I'm assuming they are talking about game 7... Fact is Kobe does not play up to his caliber in game 7. Lebron is probably considered one of the best game 7 performers.

Game 7 Career Stats:

Just now seeing this post cause I’m not following the thread. Cool that someone else knows this too. No one rises higher than him during elimination games. When it’s win or go home, game 7, LeBron is the best performer of all time.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Brawn or D'Lo, who would you rather have on the team right now?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:17 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
I stopped arguing with Kobe fans in 2010 for a reason. New year and the same posters spewing the same hate now with a +1. Enjoy the season guys. Let’s hope the boys stay healthy. Oh, and no player is a better elimination player than LeBron James. Just thought I’d add that fact.

Once again. That is not a fact. It is an opinion. Perhaps a valid one, perhaps not. Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and many other legends of the game and their fans could add their own “facts” to that debate.
LeBron shrunk in the 4th quarter of the Finals vs Dallas in perhaps the most embarrassing display of ineptitude the league has ever seen from a player with his abilities.
The last minutes of game 6 vs the Spurs before Ray Allen hit that corner 3 was All-Time pathetic. THAT is closer to a fact than your simplistically whitewashed statement claiming the opposite.
The truth is there are so many instances where LeBron ran from the big moments or just played scared when it mattered most that it’s borderline comical to hear these types of utterances about the guy.
Now, the moment he Finally lived up to the challenge was that game 6 performance on the road vs Boston when the Heat were facing elimination.
That was an epic showing. No denying that. But that was almost 10 years into his career. Kobe already had ice in his veins by the age of 21. He proved it over and over again during back to back to back championships.
Your conjecture is merely that, albeit echoed by a chorus of drones repeating the same thing for a decade.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:21 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

Game 7 Career Stats:

Let's celebrate LeBron game seven dominance by showing one of his best in sending the GSW home in the Finals.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:32 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Brawn or D'Lo, who would you rather have on the team right now?

Easily LBJ.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
LeBron James

Verified account

@KingJames
3h3 hours ago
More
‘‘Twas the Night Before Christmas feeling right now! Excitement on high beams 🤯😱😤🤩😁👑

"Playoff Mode Activated!!!"
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
LeBron James

Verified account

@KingJames
3h3 hours ago
More

"Playoff Mode Activated!!!"

Too soon
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:38 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Lebron ain't the GOAT and I'll take a prime Kobe over him. However, some of you guys just can't stop whining about him and are so scared that he might actually succeed in leading us to another ring. So bizarre.

I hope he does lead us to a championship.
I just want the nonsense about him being obviously better than Kobe to stop already. People can have their opinions, but far too often I’ve heard statements like, “It’s just a Fact that LeBron is better..”
No patience for that junk

Nah, I don't lump you in with the people I'm talking about, LaLa. You've actually admitted in a few posts that Lebron is an NBA great. Far more reasonable than some others here.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject:

The greatest moment of LeBron’s career is when he brought Cle back from 3-1 down to beat Golden State. He suddenly realized he was far and away the best player on the floor and he simply took it to and straight up the wazoo of the Warriors. But he’s had some horrible moments in the playoffs as well, mainly in quite a few games in which he seemed strangely detached.

Let’s also not forget that LeBron is a couple of inches taller and about 40 lbs heavier than Kobe. Guarding Bron is like guarding a linebacker.

I’d love to see LeBron do for the Lakers what he did for Miami and Cleveland.

But at least until then, I’ll stick with Kobe. He wasn’t always perfect, but do or die he left it on the floor.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject:

I've said this many times.

You put Kobe in LBJ's body, and it's over. Skills wise, it's a no brainer to me between Kobe and LBJ.

However, you can't deny LBJ's skills too, even if it's below Kobe's level. However, this will never be a fair analysis here on a Lakers website (even though LBJ is currently a Laker). And to discredit non-Lakers fans who give opinions when they weigh in on LBJ/Kobe is also a bit unfair.

Luckily, I frankly don't care as I've enjoyed many great years of Kobe, and now get to see LBJ/AD.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I've said this many times.

You put Kobe in LBJ's body, and it's over. Skills wise, it's a no brainer to me between Kobe and LBJ.

However, you can't deny LBJ's skills too, even if it's below Kobe's level. However, this will never be a fair analysis here on a Lakers website (even though LBJ is currently a Laker). And to discredit non-Lakers fans who give opinions when they weigh in on LBJ/Kobe is also a bit unfair.

Luckily, I frankly don't care as I've enjoyed many great years of Kobe, and now get to see LBJ/AD.

👍
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1190, 1191, 1192 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1191 of 2086
Jump to: