The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1189, 1190, 1191 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

I just want the nonsense about him being obviously better than Kobe to stop already. People can have their opinions, but far too often I’ve heard statements like, “It’s just a Fact that LeBron is better..”
No patience for that junk

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
It’s called an opinion.

So you want any opinions contrary to yours to stop?

Nope. Never said anything close to that. I said that I don’t like it when folks claim their opinions as facts. Pretty simple. Although, in fairness, I have been guilty of the same in the past. I imagine most have
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Judah wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
This thread should be renamed “Piss and Moan Thread 2.0”.

Not all Laker fans automatically worship LeBron. Don’t know what to tell you

The low level vitriol you spew has been utterly unmatched positively. That is obvious. I'm honestly surprised that the mods have allowed you and Datth what's his face to stomp through this thread with your nonsense for this long when it's clear as day that you guys have an agenda every single time you post in this thread. At this point I really don't get it.

It’s called an opinion. Pretty sure everyone is giving theirs, as well.
Feel free to point out the difference between the “agendas” and the opinions of the posters here. Sheesh

Every honest person knows the difference between expressing an opinion and what you do. You specifically come into this thread to dump on LeBron, regardless of what's being said. That's called having an agenda, but you knew that already.

Riiiiight..
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

He proved it 3 times with one of the best centers of all time before even turning 24. Think about that, 3 chips before 24, that is being at the right place at the right time. Then he proved it twice before turning 32 yrs old and never again. Lebron is 35. Like Kobe, his last chip came before turning 32. Nobody will diminish his career if he doesn't deliver a chip except Laker fans. Which is amazing why he signed here in the first place. To put up his reputation, and have all this pressure from Laker fans. But the fact that he's still expected to win a chip and we're still getting super stars to build around him speaks to his longevity. I think he does it, but if he doesn't, I don't view him differently. Even though I think he's better than Kobe overall, I never wanted him here in the first place, not at the expense of the youth movement. But oh well, we're here and we have a chance this year.

He has never been as good as Kobe. I watched both him and Kobe play and Kobe was just a better overall player. He could beat you in so many way and one of them was just being mentally being stronger than his opponent. I've never consider LBJ to be as mentally strong as him.

If he want to be consider better than Kobe in my eyes(he doent care what i think) hes going to have to win it all at the very least one more time if not two. i'm not taking away what he already done what I'm saying is he hasn't done enough to pass Kobe on the all time list and a lot of current and past players feel the same way I do.

This is a great Opinion. I agree wholeheartedly
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Instead of being grateful that the Lakers have had basically 10 of the top 15 players of all time, we want to wage Kobe v. LBJ battles in 2019. Fun times.

I'm just happy that in my lifetime I've been able to cheer Magic/KAJ/Worthy, then Shaq/Kobe, then Kobe/Pau, and then now LBJ/AD. (These are just guys who are HOFers).
rmonkey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Instead of being grateful that the Lakers have had basically 10 of the top 15 players of all time, we want to wage Kobe v. LBJ battles in 2019. Fun times.

I'm just happy that in my lifetime I've been able to cheer Magic/KAJ/Worthy, then Shaq/Kobe, then Kobe/Pau, and then now LBJ/AD. (These are just guys who are HOFers).

LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

You can still hold an opinion or argue a point (popular or otherwise) while also being happy and proud to be a fan of the Purple and Gold. Lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You can still hold an opinion or argue a point (popular or otherwise) while also being happy and proud to be a fan of the Purple and Gold. Lol

So you would respect non-Lakers/Kobe fans "opinions" on LBJ too?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So you would respect non-Lakers/Kobe fans "opinions" on LBJ too?

Obviously. I’ve already said as much
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lebron/AD is strikingly similar to Kobe/Shaq of the early 2000's. Hopefully, the result would also be similar. Here's to the first of 3 consecutive championships. Cheers.

If Lebron could get us 3 rings, I'd put him on my mount rushmore of Laker legends.

LeBron and AD are NOWHERE similar to Shaq and Kobe. How did you come up with this?
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Grateful? I'm grateful for my wife and kids. Not the Lakers.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
You can't honestly believe you were attacked.

And you continue

I'm continuing to attack you by stating that you can't honestly believe you were attacked?

smh..

You enjoy your weekend sir..

Move along.

Don't be stupid.. My last reply to you was 2 days ago. If you wanted to move along you wouldn't have responded two days later.

"You enjoy your weekend sir.." That meant I was done with the conversation.. Which makes your last response even more ridiculous than the first.

Really easy to hurl insults and jump on people for their opinions from behind a screen. You get all defensive and act like the other person is outrageous when their opinions don’t match yours, which is what I originally took exception to..comments like “you need to grow up” is not even a necessary response to what was said. Your responses are antagonistic instead of sticking to substance and debating without degrading other people’s opinions. I’m not going to continue this. It’s a LeBron thread so I’m sticking to that subject.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

However... There is a reason why young players and fellow HOF'ers prefer Kobe. They know the truth. And so do we.

They had some good duels

FreeDawkins highlighted their 2006 matchup where Kobe had 38 and Bron 29. Good times and it was an incredible match

I'll be honest... LeBron missed the boat. He was supposed to face Kobe in 2008-2010 and didn't hold up his end of the bargain. Not only did he fail -- but he got embarrassed and utterly choked out by the Celtics and the Magic. And this isn't counting the disrespect the Wizards showed him along the way. There was a complete dislike towards LeBron from the Celtics and he could not match the level of play. Then to end up getting popped by Dwight is just sad.

Fast forward and LeBron performs the most cowardice act in free agent history -- but still gets popped by Jason Terry in the Finals.

The point is that LeBron has had his fair share of opportunity to be greater than his circumstances and he's failed when the stakes were the highest. The period of failure from 2008-2010 was upheld by the meltdown of 2011. It showed the world that LeBron wasn't ready to face Kobe. If Rondo and Jason Terry could lock him up; what do think Ariza or Metta would have done? I could see Phil Jackson playing Derek Fisher on LeBron too. Bottom line... It would have been ugly.

All the stats in the world don't mean a thing when your peers don't respect you or your game.

Those Cleveland teams were horrible, which is why he left. Lebron never had the luxury of being on a championship team as the second best player. Kobe entered the league and had Shaq, the guy who won finals MVP 2000-2002 not Kobe, Lebron entered the league and had nobody.

So sure while Lebron had opportunities, some players had greater opportunities than others. Not even Jordan could take the Bulls anywhere by himself.

Can I ask you this...when Kobe won back to back championships with Gasol was there anybody on that team as good as AD? Does this years Lakers squad have more talent than the 2009 and 2010 Lakers?

AD's definitely more talented than anyone else in the 2009 Lakers not named Kobe, but the current team doesn't have the same depth because Kawhi screwed us badly. The 2009 team was pretty talented overall (World Peace made all defensive teams for example, Odom was sixth man of the year). Also AD is much more injury prone.

But if this Lakers team makes it to the playoffs healthy the expectation has to be championship, but getting there healthy is a big if imo.

Nice response. Plus, we had Phil Jackson steering that ship. Damn I loved that team.

Championship or bust. No excuses for LBJ. He has a team this year

If he thinks he is the best, prove it... Kobe prove it 5 times

no one will care if he puts up crazy stats and loses in the playoffs

He proved it 3 times with one of the best centers of all time before even turning 24. Think about that, 3 chips before 24, that is being at the right place at the right time. Then he proved it twice before turning 32 yrs old and never again. Lebron is 35. Like Kobe, his last chip came before turning 32. Nobody will diminish his career if he doesn't deliver a chip except Laker fans. Which is amazing why he signed here in the first place. To put up his reputation, and have all this pressure from Laker fans. But the fact that he's still expected to win a chip and we're still getting super stars to build around him speaks to his longevity. I think he does it, but if he doesn't, I don't view him differently. Even though I think he's better than Kobe overall, I never wanted him here in the first place, not at the expense of the youth movement. But oh well, we're here and we have a chance this year.

Right place at the right time? Jerry West targeted Kobe. It isn't like Kobe was some random dude who lucked up with Shaq. When Shaq had full reign, he was getting bounced in Orlando and his first three years in Los Angeles. It wasn't until Phil put the ball in Kobe's hands that Shaq finally played to his potential as the MDE. And still It took Kobe to beat Indiana in 2000. And it took Kobe to beat the Kings and Spurs. Without Kobe... Shaq loses because he couldn't adjust to flopping. And if you want to say another player of that error could have played Kobe's role... Please name who? Because Kobe was Jordan/Pippen/Kukoc/Harper all in one.

LeBron has looked so bad -- so many times -- against lesser opponents that I've lost track. And I would love to have seen LeBron figure out how to score against Bruce Bowen, Tim Duncan, and David Robinson. Would have been hilarious to watch Doug Christie, Bobby Jackson, and Gerald Wallace force LeBron to quit.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject:

The insecurity around here regarding Kobe has become cult like now. I've been blasted for simply saying that I think Lebron has become a better player. Kobe is my favorite player of all time and that will never change. However, nothing Lebron does takes away from the fact that I enjoyed 20 years of Kobe's career. Sitting here and reading (bleep) like "Lebron can't hold a candle to Kobe" is like reading the manifesto of a crazy person. Its absolutely bonkers.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

For real.. Chill with the completely pointless and unjustifiable negativity and enjoy the fact we have a legit contender again. It's why I come on here less and less, it's like some people just love to find the negativity in the happiest of times and just dwell on that. Kind of sad really but it is what it is I guess. I know im personally hyped af to have Lebron and AD leading this team for the next few years.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
The insecurity around here regarding Kobe has become cult like now. I've been blasted for simply saying that I think Lebron has become a better player. Kobe is my favorite player of all time and that will never change. However, nothing Lebron does takes away from the fact that I enjoyed 20 years of Kobe's career. Sitting here and reading (bleep) like "Lebron can't hold a candle to Kobe" is like reading the manifesto of a crazy person. Its absolutely bonkers.

And many others have been taken to task for saying the opposite. Goes with the territory when you post your thoughts on a site where others can post theirs as well.
The cult of LeBron is also thriving mightily out there. Let’s keep it real.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
nickuku wrote:

And many others have been taken to task for saying the opposite. Goes with the territory when you post your thoughts on a site where others can post theirs as well.

People act like there are non truths being spoken here.

Wanna know who LeBron is under pressure... Look to how he handled the China situation. Each and every dang time -- that's what LeBron will do.

I don't care who says what... Just don't disrespect the sacrifices of Kobe for a dude who doesn't even have an NBA home anymore.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Ahhhh the never ending debate... Who cares who you think is better. It’s a matter of preference at this point. All these back and forth non-sense narratives is not changing anyone’s mind. I swear some posters on here just post to bash Lebron and the team. Why even come to LG?

Glad the season finally starts tomorrow.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
nickuku wrote:

True, which is why I've informally retired from engaging such discussions (even though I do occasionally bite the bullet, I ain't perfect).
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
You can't honestly believe you were attacked.

And you continue

I'm continuing to attack you by stating that you can't honestly believe you were attacked?

smh..

You enjoy your weekend sir..

Move along.

Don't be stupid.. My last reply to you was 2 days ago. If you wanted to move along you wouldn't have responded two days later.

"You enjoy your weekend sir.." That meant I was done with the conversation.. Which makes your last response even more ridiculous than the first.

Really easy to hurl insults and jump on people for their opinions from behind a screen. You get all defensive and act like the other person is outrageous when their opinions don’t match yours, which is what I originally took exception to..comments like “you need to grow up” is not even a necessary response to what was said. Your responses are antagonistic instead of sticking to substance and debating without degrading other people’s opinions. I’m not going to continue this. It’s a LeBron thread so I’m sticking to that subject.

Okay so we're not moving on?

If I say Bron has lost a step, and you interpret that to mean that I'm communicating that he's no longer a good player, then yes, you need to grow up. You want to be a victim so bad, no one attacked you, nor did I hurl insults at anyone.

You can't level any criticism of Bron without being labeled.. You can't be overly flattering without being labeled. Yes, there's a portion of you that need to grow up.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Wanna know who LeBron is under pressure... Look to how he handled the China situation. Each and every dang time -- that's what LeBron will do.

I don't care who says what... Just don't disrespect the sacrifices of Kobe for a dude who doesn't even have an NBA home anymore.

What the hell does this have to do with basketball? Kobe isn't some paragon of morality either.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
nickuku wrote:

What the hell does this have to do with basketball? Kobe isn't some paragon of morality either.

It has EVERYTHING to do with basketball. When LeBron needs to sacrifice without an assured or high probability of success; he will find a way not to do whatever is required to succeed.

The way he handled China is the same way he handles TRUE adversity. Quits or blames someone else. But this is the SAME dude who was pushing Black Lives Matters and supporting Colin Kaepernick without hesitation.

The hypocrisy of LeBron is bigger than basketball because he's the one who decides when he wants to cherry pick social causes to support. If you support people and have a heart for justice -- then you do it when it's unpopular and not just when you are insulated from repercussions. Otherwise, you just shut up and let the real fighters do their work.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Let's not get back into the China debacle, it just makes people sound ignorant. We should instead concentrate on how Lebron is far better at baskteball than Kobe.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Let's not get back into the China debacle, it just makes people sound ignorant. We should instead concentrate on how Lebron is far better at baskteball than Kobe.

Definitely needs to just dribble
But on a serious note, I wonder if LeBron and Kerr and Morey tweet/speak about Chile.

Also, Im glad LeBron's a Laker. I love what he brings on the court.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

But on a serious note, I wonder if LeBron and Kerr and Morey tweet/speak about Chile.

I doubt Morey tweets about Chile. Doesn't boost his street cred as much as tweeting about Hong Kong and therefore not as handy to virtue signal about. Hundreds of tragedies around the world to choose from, need to select the ones that give the biggest boost to reputation

The funny thing about the Hong Kong situation is that it has again flared up Catalonia's independent spirit. The last time they tried to break away the rebellion was crushed by Spain with the politicians who instigated it jailed for rebellion ... except for one, who is in hiding somewhere in Europe wanted in Spain also for rebellion.

Now the free Catalonia flags are flying once more. They have a different language, a different culture, and many don't consider themselves Spanish. Where's the free Catalonia sentiments? Oh there aren't any. Never mind.

But anyway back onto basketball - Lebron looks like he gained a step this year. If he and AD are healthy I can't see anyone stopping them come playoffs time
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1189, 1190, 1191 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1190 of 2082
Jump to: