The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1188, 1189, 1190 ... 2087, 2088, 2089  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
This thread should be renamed “Piss and Moan Thread 2.0”.

Not all Laker fans automatically worship LeBron. Don’t know what to tell you

The low level vitriol you spew has been utterly unmatched positively. That is obvious. I'm honestly surprised that the mods have allowed you and Datth what's his face to stomp through this thread with your nonsense for this long when it's clear as day that you guys have an agenda every single time you post in this thread. I really don't get it.

I’m surprised you’re trying to passive aggressively trying to push the mods hands, should this be allowed?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

The low level vitriol you spew has been utterly unmatched positively. That is obvious. I'm honestly surprised that the mods have allowed you and Datth what's his face to stomp through this thread with your nonsense for this long when it's clear as day that you guys have an agenda every single time you post in this thread. At this point I really don't get it.

It’s called an opinion. Pretty sure everyone is giving theirs, as well.
Feel free to point out the difference between the “agendas” and the opinions of the posters here. Sheesh
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
You can't honestly believe you were attacked.

And you continue

I'm continuing to attack you by stating that you can't honestly believe you were attacked?

smh..

You enjoy your weekend sir..

Move along.

Don't be stupid.. My last reply to you was 2 days ago. If you wanted to move along you wouldn't have responded two days later.

"You enjoy your weekend sir.." That meant I was done with the conversation.. Which makes your last response even more ridiculous than the first.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Lebron ain't the GOAT and I'll take a prime Kobe over him. However, some of you guys just can't stop whining about him and are so scared that he might actually succeed in leading us to another ring. So bizarre.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Lebron ain't the GOAT and I'll take a prime Kobe over him. However, some of you guys just can't stop whining about him and are so scared that he might actually succeed in leading us to another ring. So bizarre.

I hope he does lead us to a championship.
I just want the nonsense about him being obviously better than Kobe to stop already. People can have their opinions, but far too often I’ve heard statements like, “It’s just a Fact that LeBron is better..”
No patience for that junk
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:

I think most of us are glad to have an asset on the squad that could lead the Lakers to a chip.. Even if we aren't big fans of that asset.

I think it's a small percentage that worship him, and a small percentage that want him to fail even with a Lakers jersey on. I'd like to think most of us don't fall within either of those camps.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

I just want the nonsense about him being obviously better than Kobe to stop already. People can have their opinions, but far too often I’ve heard statements like, “It’s just a Fact that LeBron is better..”

To be honest I just reintroduced the Kobe v Lebron argument because I was tired of reading uninformed political statements about China. At least Kobe v Lebron is about basketball
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

The whole LeBron vs Kobe argument is tiring... LeBron didn't do his part in 2009 to get to the finals so we never got to see Kobe vs LeBron collide for a title.

All I care about is that LeBron looks like he's moved the chess pieces to get us a title and a young superstar for the next 5 years... he's earned my fandom, even if it's not as dap a love for Kobe.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

I think most of us are glad to have an asset on the squad that could lead the Lakers to a chip.. Even if we aren't big fans of that asset.

I think it's a small percentage that worship him, and a small percentage that want him to fail even with a Lakers jersey on. I'd like to think most of us don't fall within either of those camps.

You should really stop attacking people 😜

I agree with that
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

To be honest I just reintroduced the Kobe v Lebron argument because I was tired of reading uninformed political statements about China. At least Kobe v Lebron is about basketball

Lol. Fair enough.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

You should really stop attacking people 😜

I agree with that

kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:50 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

However... There is a reason why young players and fellow HOF'ers prefer Kobe. They know the truth. And so do we.

They had some good duels

FreeDawkins highlighted their 2006 matchup where Kobe had 38 and Bron 29. Good times and it was an incredible match

I'll be honest... LeBron missed the boat. He was supposed to face Kobe in 2008-2010 and didn't hold up his end of the bargain. Not only did he fail -- but he got embarrassed and utterly choked out by the Celtics and the Magic. And this isn't counting the disrespect the Wizards showed him along the way. There was a complete dislike towards LeBron from the Celtics and he could not match the level of play. Then to end up getting popped by Dwight is just sad.

Fast forward and LeBron performs the most cowardice act in free agent history -- but still gets popped by Jason Terry in the Finals.

The point is that LeBron has had his fair share of opportunity to be greater than his circumstances and he's failed when the stakes were the highest. The period of failure from 2008-2010 was upheld by the meltdown of 2011. It showed the world that LeBron wasn't ready to face Kobe. If Rondo and Jason Terry could lock him up; what do think Ariza or Metta would have done? I could see Phil Jackson playing Derek Fisher on LeBron too. Bottom line... It would have been ugly.

All the stats in the world don't mean a thing when your peers don't respect you or your game.

Those Cleveland teams were horrible, which is why he left. Lebron never had the luxury of being on a championship team as the second best player. Kobe entered the league and had Shaq, the guy who won finals MVP 2000-2002 not Kobe, Lebron entered the league and had nobody.

So sure while Lebron had opportunities, some players had greater opportunities than others. Not even Jordan could take the Bulls anywhere by himself.

Can I ask you this...when Kobe won back to back championships with Gasol was there anybody on that team as good as AD? Does this years Lakers squad have more talent than the 2009 and 2010 Lakers?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:18 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

However... There is a reason why young players and fellow HOF'ers prefer Kobe. They know the truth. And so do we.

They had some good duels

FreeDawkins highlighted their 2006 matchup where Kobe had 38 and Bron 29. Good times and it was an incredible match

I'll be honest... LeBron missed the boat. He was supposed to face Kobe in 2008-2010 and didn't hold up his end of the bargain. Not only did he fail -- but he got embarrassed and utterly choked out by the Celtics and the Magic. And this isn't counting the disrespect the Wizards showed him along the way. There was a complete dislike towards LeBron from the Celtics and he could not match the level of play. Then to end up getting popped by Dwight is just sad.

Fast forward and LeBron performs the most cowardice act in free agent history -- but still gets popped by Jason Terry in the Finals.

The point is that LeBron has had his fair share of opportunity to be greater than his circumstances and he's failed when the stakes were the highest. The period of failure from 2008-2010 was upheld by the meltdown of 2011. It showed the world that LeBron wasn't ready to face Kobe. If Rondo and Jason Terry could lock him up; what do think Ariza or Metta would have done? I could see Phil Jackson playing Derek Fisher on LeBron too. Bottom line... It would have been ugly.

All the stats in the world don't mean a thing when your peers don't respect you or your game.

Those Cleveland teams were horrible, which is why he left. Lebron never had the luxury of being on a championship team as the second best player. Kobe entered the league and had Shaq, the guy who won finals MVP 2000-2002 not Kobe, Lebron entered the league and had nobody.

So sure while Lebron had opportunities, some players had greater opportunities than others. Not even Jordan could take the Bulls anywhere by himself.

Can I ask you this...when Kobe won back to back championships with Gasol was there anybody on that team as good as AD? Does this years Lakers squad have more talent than the 2009 and 2010 Lakers?

AD's definitely more talented than anyone else in the 2009 Lakers not named Kobe, but the current team doesn't have the same depth because Kawhi screwed us badly. The 2009 team was pretty talented overall (World Peace made all defensive teams for example, Odom was sixth man of the year). Also AD is much more injury prone.

But if this Lakers team makes it to the playoffs healthy the expectation has to be championship, but getting there healthy is a big if imo.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:55 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

They had some good duels

AD's definitely more talented than anyone else in the 2009 Lakers not named Kobe, but the current team doesn't have the same depth because Kawhi screwed us badly. The 2009 team was pretty talented overall (World Peace made all defensive teams for example, Odom was sixth man of the year). Also AD is much more injury prone.

But if this Lakers team makes it to the playoffs healthy the expectation has to be championship, but getting there healthy is a big if imo.

Ok just checking. Just about everybody in the media has us winning the championship. Then again, they also had us making it to the Conference Finals last season. Just trying to get the "He needs more help" excuse out of the way before the season starts. As Ive stated many times on this board, I hate excuse makers. You strap it up with the team you have. Crying is for babies.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:57 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

They had some good duels

Nice response. Plus, we had Phil Jackson steering that ship. Damn I loved that team.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

They had some good duels

Nice response. Plus, we had Phil Jackson steering that ship. Damn I loved that team.

Championship or bust. No excuses for LBJ. He has a team this year

If he thinks he is the best, prove it... Kobe proved it 5 times

no one will care if he puts up crazy stats and loses in the playoffs

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

The only place where Kobe is viewed as better than Lebron is LG. Some outside the purple and gold land may take Kobe, but the majority beyond p&g world take Lebron. You also have a minority in p&g world who will take Lebron, I am part of that minority. So in my opinion, Bron ranks above Kobe in the all time list. Not on the Lakers list because he hasn't done squat with the Lakers and we're not getting him in his prime. But overall career, Bron is better... just an opinion.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

They had some good duels

Championship or bust. No excuses for LBJ. He has a team this year

If he thinks he is the best, prove it... Kobe prove it 5 times

no one will care if he puts up crazy stats and loses in the playoffs

He proved it 3 times with one of the best centers of all time before even turning 24. Think about that, 3 chips before 24, that is being at the right place at the right time. Then he proved it twice before turning 32 yrs old and never again. Lebron is 35. Like Kobe, his last chip came before turning 32. Nobody will diminish his career if he doesn't deliver a chip except Laker fans. Which is amazing why he signed here in the first place. To put up his reputation, and have all this pressure from Laker fans. But the fact that he's still expected to win a chip and we're still getting super stars to build around him speaks to his longevity. I think he does it, but if he doesn't, I don't view him differently. Even though I think he's better than Kobe overall, I never wanted him here in the first place, not at the expense of the youth movement. But oh well, we're here and we have a chance this year.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
It’s called an opinion.

So you want any opinions contrary to yours to stop?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

Lebron/AD is strikingly similar to Kobe/Shaq of the early 2000's. Hopefully, the result would also be similar. Here's to the first of 3 consecutive championships. Cheers.

If Lebron could get us 3 rings, I'd put him on my mount rushmore of Laker legends.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lebron/AD is strikingly similar to Kobe/Shaq of the early 2000's. Hopefully, the result would also be similar. Here's to the first of 3 consecutive championships. Cheers.

If Lebron could get us 3 rings, I'd put him on my mount rushmore of Laker legends.

Who's on there now, and who do you bump off?
The only 2 I'd argue can't be taken off are Kobe and Magic.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

It’s petty. Stack banners - that’s why you roll the ball out there in the bright lights. There’s still a franchise out there with a higher banner count than us. It’s annoying, and it must be rectified ASAP.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

No where close to Shaq and Kobe.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Judah wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

The low level vitriol you spew has been utterly unmatched positively. That is obvious. I'm honestly surprised that the mods have allowed you and Datth what's his face to stomp through this thread with your nonsense for this long when it's clear as day that you guys have an agenda every single time you post in this thread. At this point I really don't get it.

It’s called an opinion. Pretty sure everyone is giving theirs, as well.
Feel free to point out the difference between the “agendas” and the opinions of the posters here. Sheesh

Every honest person knows the difference between expressing an opinion and what you do. You specifically come into this thread to dump on LeBron, regardless of what's being said. That's called having an agenda, but you knew that already.

Last edited by Judah on Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

He proved it 3 times with one of the best centers of all time before even turning 24. Think about that, 3 chips before 24, that is being at the right place at the right time. Then he proved it twice before turning 32 yrs old and never again. Lebron is 35. Like Kobe, his last chip came before turning 32. Nobody will diminish his career if he doesn't deliver a chip except Laker fans. Which is amazing why he signed here in the first place. To put up his reputation, and have all this pressure from Laker fans. But the fact that he's still expected to win a chip and we're still getting super stars to build around him speaks to his longevity. I think he does it, but if he doesn't, I don't view him differently. Even though I think he's better than Kobe overall, I never wanted him here in the first place, not at the expense of the youth movement. But oh well, we're here and we have a chance this year.

He has never been as good as Kobe. I watched both him and Kobe play and Kobe was just a better overall player. He could beat you in so many way and one of them was just being mentally being stronger than his opponent. I've never consider LBJ to be as mentally strong as him.

If he want to be consider better than Kobe in my eyes(he doent care what i think) hes going to have to win it all at the very least one more time if not two. i'm not taking away what he already done what I'm saying is he hasn't done enough to pass Kobe on the all time list and a lot of current and past players feel the same way I do.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1188, 1189, 1190 ... 2087, 2088, 2089  Next
Page 1189 of 2089
Jump to: