The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1187, 1188, 1189 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

Giannis is pf though (Middleton is their sf) so LBJ still up at the top at his sf position.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

This thread should be renamed “Piss and Moan Thread 2.0”.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:

Not all Laker fans automatically worship LeBron. Don’t know what to tell you
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

LeBron is really good at basketball and I'm glad he's on the Lakers. He's going to have a great year.

Sinophobes can heck off.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

You can start by telling me that you realize that whining about Lebron and “automatically worshiping” Lebron are not your only two options.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
LeBron is really good at basketball and I'm glad he's on the Lakers. He's going to have a great year.

Sinophobes can heck off.

Pretty sure it’s the Chinese government, not the Chinese people, that many are disgusted with. So don’t know why you interjected that term
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

You can start by telling me that you realize that whining about Lebron and “automatically worshiping” Lebron are not your only two options.

On this site?? Hahahahahaha
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Roon wrote:

Sinophobes can heck off.

Pretty sure it’s the Chinese government, not the Chinese people, that many are disgusted with. So don’t know why you interjected that term

Sinophobia doesn't only refer to the people of China.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
drae wrote:
Sure, it was because of social media, a platform Democrats are better at using than the Republicans. That's why Trump is the President. It wasn't at all because Clinton ignored the Rustbelt and her base to go dancing with Beyonce.

Nah, Trump is an elite-level Twitter troll. No Dems are on his level there.

Trump is lambasted over his twitter use. A cringeworthy, facepalming part of his Presidency. He definitely didn't win because of his social media influence

He likes to think he's some kind of twitter God though, no doubt. Most other people are just laughing at him
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

I think lebrons ability to control the tempo and flow of a game is severely underrated when comparing him to Kawhi and Giannis. It’s probably the biggest reason that he can singlehandedly win a playoff series. He’s done it multiple times.

Still should have shut up about Hong Kong.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
drae wrote:
Sure, it was because of social media, a platform Democrats are better at using than the Republicans. That's why Trump is the President. It wasn't at all because Clinton ignored the Rustbelt and her base to go dancing with Beyonce.

Nah, Trump is an elite-level Twitter troll. No Dems are on his level there.

Trump is lambasted over his twitter use. A cringeworthy, facepalming part of his Presidency. He definitely didn't win because of his social media influence

He likes to think he's some kind of twitter God though, no doubt. Most other people are just laughing at him

yes, did you see the trump's advisor who quotes himself in his 6 books under another name. when he was caught, it was a joke where he used an analgram of his name
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Roon wrote:

Sinophobes can heck off.

Sinophobia doesn't only refer to the people of China.

It means fear or hatred of China or the Chinese. I’ve checked multiple places for the meaning and see no additional information
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
The stuff I'm reading from the last few days are laughable. Better than Kobe??? Mt Rushmore player??? SMH.

I give up trying to to make sense of it all and the only conclusion I can come to is more people can relate to LeBron than Kobe.

Kobe is a 1% 'er in terms of reliability simply because there are very few people who accept excuses and failure from themselves just as Kobe.

LeBron on the other hand is a walking contradiction and failure aficionado. LeBron can make any claim he wants and doesn't have to worry about living up to it because people can relate to his longevity as above average being confused as greatness.

LeBron has ALWAYS failed when it mattered. But so do a lot of people. He's the People's Champ.

However... There is a reason why young players and fellow HOF'ers prefer Kobe. They know the truth. And so do we.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:

It means fear or hatred of China or the Chinese. I’ve checked multiple places for the meaning and see no additional information

2 points. Firstly you haven't looked very hard considering the Collins dictionary includes "their language, their culture, goods made in China or goods labelled from China". Even Wikipedia gives an expanded definition.

Secondly the "hatred of China" includes hatred of their Government considering the Government dictates the direction of a nation.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
You can't honestly believe you were attacked.

And you continue

I'm continuing to attack you by stating that you can't honestly believe you were attacked?

smh..

You enjoy your weekend sir..

Move along.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

However... There is a reason why young players and fellow HOF'ers prefer Kobe. They know the truth. And so do we.

They had some good duels

FreeDawkins highlighted their 2006 matchup where Kobe had 38 and Bron 29. Good times and it was an incredible match

LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

2 points. Firstly you haven't looked very hard considering the Collins dictionary includes "their language, their culture, goods made in China or goods labelled from China". Even Wikipedia gives an expanded definition.

Secondly the "hatred of China" includes hatred of their Government considering the Government dictates the direction of a nation.

Noted
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

They had some good duels

FreeDawkins highlighted their 2006 matchup where Kobe had 38 and Bron 29. Good times and it was an incredible match

KOBE
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

They had some good duels

I'll be honest... LeBron missed the boat. He was supposed to face Kobe in 2008-2010 and didn't hold up his end of the bargain. Not only did he fail -- but he got embarrassed and utterly choked out by the Celtics and the Magic. And this isn't counting the disrespect the Wizards showed him along the way. There was a complete dislike towards LeBron from the Celtics and he could not match the level of play. Then to end up getting popped by Dwight is just sad.

Fast forward and LeBron performs the most cowardice act in free agent history -- but still gets popped by Jason Terry in the Finals.

The point is that LeBron has had his fair share of opportunity to be greater than his circumstances and he's failed when the stakes were the highest. The period of failure from 2008-2010 was upheld by the meltdown of 2011. It showed the world that LeBron wasn't ready to face Kobe. If Rondo and Jason Terry could lock him up; what do think Ariza or Metta would have done? I could see Phil Jackson playing Derek Fisher on LeBron too. Bottom line... It would have been ugly.

All the stats in the world don't mean a thing when your peers don't respect you or your game.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

They had some good duels

I'll be honest... LeBron missed the boat. He was supposed to face Kobe in 2008-2010 and didn't hold up his end of the bargain. Not only did he fail -- but he got embarrassed and utterly choked out by the Celtics and the Magic. And this isn't counting the disrespect the Wizards showed him along the way. There was a complete dislike towards LeBron from the Celtics and he could not match the level of play. Then to end up getting popped by Dwight is just sad.

Fast forward and LeBron performs the most cowardice act in free agent history -- but still gets popped by Jason Terry in the Finals.

The point is that LeBron has had his fair share of opportunity to be greater than his circumstances and he's failed when the stakes were the highest. The period of failure from 2008-2010 was upheld by the meltdown of 2011. It showed the world that LeBron wasn't ready to face Kobe. If Rondo and Jason Terry could lock him up; what do think Ariza or Metta would have done? I could see Phil Jackson playing Derek Fisher on LeBron too. Bottom line... It would have been ugly.

All the stats in the world don't mean a thing when your peers don't respect you or your game.

Those Cleveland teams were horrible, which is why he left. Lebron never had the luxury of being on a championship team as the second best player. Kobe entered the league and had Shaq, the guy who won finals MVP 2000-2002 not Kobe, Lebron entered the league and had nobody.

So sure while Lebron had opportunities, some players had greater opportunities than others. Not even Jordan could take the Bulls anywhere by himself.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

They had some good duels

Most protected athlete in the history of American sports. The brainwashed apologists never stop. ESPN’s green light to craft LeBron narratives and repeat lies has been nauseating for well over a decade now.
One memory in particular stands out about LeBron most to me and speaks to his lack of true heart. It’s when he lost to the Spurs in his 1st Finals and he’s passing Tim Duncan in the hallways and Duncan says something like,” Hey, you’re gonna own this league soon....but thanks for letting me have This one!”
The way LeBron laughs along with him and daps him up is inconceivable after just having lost a chance at a ring, let alone your first. Kobe probably would’ve popped the fool in the mouth for that (bleep).
LeBron isn’t Really Real when it comes down to it. And that moment says more about him than all his statements about him being a student of the game or how humble he is. (Yes, he’s actually bragged about his own humility before )
Please don’t put this man in the same breath as Kobe Bryant.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

They had some good duels

I was so mad about that game for the rest of that season. That 2nd half was one of the worst reffed halves I've ever seen. Watching it again all these years later still bugs me. It's like they collectively decided Kobe wasn't going to be a factor on either end of the court. That last defensive play where Kobe had all ball and they gave Flip f'n Murray free throws to win the game
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

They had some good duels

I was so mad about that game for the rest of that season. That 2nd half was one of the worst reffed halves I've ever seen. Watching it again all these years later still bugs me. It's like they collectively decided Kobe wasn't going to be a factor on either end of the court. That last defensive play where Kobe had all ball and they gave Flip f'n Murray free throws to win the game

Yep
Remember that garbage like it was yesterday
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
drae wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

They had some good duels

Yeah

When even the commentators comment on how Kobe was mobbed and was getting mobbed all game the refereeing is usually pretty bad
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

The low level vitriol you spew has been utterly unmatched positively. That is obvious. I'm honestly surprised that the mods have allowed you and Datth what's his face to stomp through this thread with your nonsense for this long when it's clear as day that you guys have an agenda every single time you post in this thread. At this point I really don't get it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1187, 1188, 1189 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1188 of 2079
Jump to: