The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1165, 1166, 1167 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

What I learned from LBJ is he is a true savant like Kobe. His savant skill is not to hit big shot is big moments where he is not a good closer, but being a team leader that glues the team together and bond. He put players is proper place and roles they learn to accept with his on court skills. If he ever takes my Lakers back to get to win another championship, he will not only win me as a Lakers fan but will cement his NBA history taking his 3rd team to a championship. Imo
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

LeBron looking like a 25 year old LeBron with the new hairline

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/d80slw/bron_cgi_hairline_alert_nba_season_is_near/
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

I like that he's looking fit more than his hairline looking young
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:36 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Agreed; however it's a fact that LBJ stays fit all year long; he has always focused on fitness and health.

I read somewhere that he spends $1mil per year on his physical & health maintenance.

** LeBron James: “Never Not Working”
https://www.talkbasket.net/52939-lebron-james-never-not-working
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject:

First day of the mini camp today. I really don't even care that it's not the real thing. The simple fact that it's happening is exciting. And I think his excitement in that IG story was more about the mini camp getting ready to kick off than the haircut
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/d80slw/bron_cgi_hairline_alert_nba_season_is_near/

Lol, comeback or most improved candidate
rmonkey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lol, comeback or most improved candidate

I have Dwight Howard penciled in for that award.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
epak wrote:

Agreed; however it's a fact that LBJ stays fit all year long; he has always focused on fitness and health.

I read somewhere that he spends $1mil per year on his physical & health maintenance.

Yea. But doesn't he look a bit more slim this year?
I may be wrong though. Because until he became a Laker, I didnt really care about him, nor paid attention to him.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
pio2u wrote:
epak wrote:

I may be wrong though. Because until he became a Laker, I didnt really care about him, nor paid attention to him.

These workout videos are weird but I think he’s going for that ‘80s action movie training video montage thing, very cool as long as it helps him. He needs to do his version of Rocky yelling out “Drago!”, something like “Kawhi!”
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

Just for all those who criticize all our moves and not grateful of what we got built. If LBJ didn't sign here last season, it would have been another bust year in signing a max FG target.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/9/23/20878150/lebron-james-lakers-free-agent-signing-anthony-davis-clippers
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
epak wrote:
pio2u wrote:
epak wrote:

These workout videos are weird but I think he’s going for that ‘80s action movie training video montage thing, very cool as long as it helps him. He needs to do his version of Rocky yelling out “Drago!”, something like “Kawhi!”

I freaking hate lunges. He probably records it to watch his form. I think I used to do them wrong and messed up my lower back and it's never been the same.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Just for all those who criticize all our moves and not grateful of what we got built. If LBJ didn't sign here last season, it would have been another bust year in signing a max FG target.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/9/23/20878150/lebron-james-lakers-free-agent-signing-anthony-davis-clippers

There are a lot of self serving assumptions in your statement and that article.

There is another side to the speculation that could just as easily be "true". We will never know because the Lakers chose to go with the James for his final years. Still to be determined if simply marketing genius or if the plan actually produces a Championship.

You could just as easily speculate that the Lakers had the inside track on George until he was pushed aside as James' sidekick or Robin. Arguably does not sit well with a proud marquee player.

Who knows what the outcome would have been if another free agent path was taken. Perhaps free agents would be more likely to join a developing deep team? Maybe the available cap space is spent differently for the sake of team chemistry? Maybe Davis chooses to wait until free agency to join the Lakers? Who knows which marquee players choose to pair up in a Laker uniform in this alternate scenario? They had talent, cap space and organizational cachet.

Fact is that the biggest free agent to sign with the Lakers in the James era is Danny Green. Solid role player but far from a marquee player. Maybe Davis signs, maybe not.

Bottom line is the Lakers chose the James path. With all the circus-like atmosphere and drama he brings with him. Win a championship and it was brilliant. Don't and it was a foolish decision when he declines, retires and the rebuild begins all over again.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Bottom line is the Lakers chose the James path. With all the circus-like atmosphere and drama he brings with him. Win a championship and it was brilliant. Don't and it was a foolish decision when he declines, retires and the rebuild begins all over again.

Well put. The LBJ path was what they chose.

I could easily see PG13/Kawhi on the Lakers as another path as well as other iterations with Max FAs and some combination of the young core, including Russell and Randle.

The Lakers married themselves to Klutch. As for Lebron, imo his legacy takes a pretty substantial hit if he is unable to win at least 1 ring with the Lakers. He may have come to expand his business empire but he has to win from a basketball perspective or the best ever argument isn’t as strong.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:

There is another side to the speculation that could just as easily be "true". We will never know because the Lakers chose to go with the James for his final years. Still to be determined if simply marketing genius or if the plan actually produces a Championship.

You could just as easily speculate that the Lakers had the inside track on George until he was pushed aside as James' sidekick or Robin. Arguably does not sit well with a proud marquee player.

Who knows what the outcome would have been if another free agent path was taken. Perhaps free agents would be more likely to join a developing deep team? Maybe the available cap space is spent differently for the sake of team chemistry? Maybe Davis chooses to wait until free agency to join the Lakers? Who knows which marquee players choose to pair up in a Laker uniform in this alternate scenario? They had talent, cap space and organizational cachet.

Fact is that the biggest free agent to sign with the Lakers in the James era is Danny Green. Solid role player but far from a marquee player. Maybe Davis signs, maybe not.

How can you speculate PG joining here when we announce he was staying at a before LBJ agreed to come. What makes you think we will be a landing spot for max FG when we failed for years and no where near a championship caliber team w/o LBJ. If you think LBJ is a circus you must have not notice how much a circus the Lakers have been in prior years (Jim/Jeanie Buss, Moz/Deng, Dlo/Young, Aldridge, B Scott, Dwight, Nash trade ...).
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
LeBron James needs 1,101 points to pass Kobe Bryant on the NBA's all-time scoring list. If we conservatively give him 25 ppg, that would mean he'll pass him in his 45th game of the season.

Game 44: at MSG
Game 45: at Barclay's

https://twitter.com/dunlapsports/status/1176230661130080257?s=21
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
epak wrote:
pio2u wrote:
epak wrote:

I freaking hate lunges. He probably records it to watch his form. I think I used to do them wrong and messed up my lower back and it's never been the same.

Yeah it’s just funny that he’s posting this stuff online
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:

After watching PG13, you really wanted to put all the eggs in that basket? A guy who made a big spectacle about signing with OKC only to want out a year later? He doesn't have the mettle in him. I'm 100% convinced he doesn't come here in 2018 without another "all star" next to him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I could easily see PG13/Kawhi on the Lakers as another path as well as other iterations with Max FAs and some combination of the young core, including Russell and Randle.

The Lakers married themselves to Klutch. As for Lebron, imo his legacy takes a pretty substantial hit if he is unable to win at least 1 ring with the Lakers. He may have come to expand his business empire but he has to win from a basketball perspective or the best ever argument isn’t as strong.

I cannot buy this hindsight perspective.

1. PG13 complained for years about not having another star next to him on the Pacers. Ergo he wanted out. Then he joined an all star in WB and then he wanted out. I doubt he comes in 2018 by himself to play with a bunch of unproven players.

2. No way the Lakers know if: 1) KL is healthy enough to play; 2) whether they would snag him in 2019.

I really don't understand the "we could have had PG/KL" arguments as the underlying assumptions do not match with the actual mentality of the players and realities of the time.

In a parallel universe someone would be posting "why did we not go for LBJ and sign with that PG13 bum in 2018?"
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I cannot buy this hindsight perspective.

1. PG13 complained for years about not having another star next to him on the Pacers. Ergo he wanted out. Then he joined an all star in WB and then he wanted out. I doubt he comes in 2018 by himself to play with a bunch of unproven players.

2. No way the Lakers know if: 1) KL is healthy enough to play; 2) whether they would snag him in 2019.

I really don't understand the "we could have had PG/KL" arguments as the underlying assumptions do not match with the actual mentality of the players and realities of the time.

In a parallel universe someone would be posting "why did we not go for LBJ and sign with that PG13 bum in 2018?"

While there is no guarantee, my personal feeling is some iteration would have happened.

The clippers were the year long favorite for Kawhi because he wanted LA, but didn’t want to join Klutch. The clippers took advantage. PG13 also wanted LA, which is evidenced by what transpired this offseason.

There would have been some combination imo. The Lakers simply chose LBJ which led to AD. This is the horses they are riding with and we will see what happens.

I understand the Lakers were desperate and jumped on Lebron wanting LA. They were tired of all the jokes and lack of credibility and respect.

There is also the argument that the Lakers needed to jump on Lebron and give the keys to Klutch because the FO is/was perceived as dysfunctional and full of nepotism.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject:

Why would PG13 leave WB/OKC to join a bunch of unproven players? He LEFT the Pacers b/c he complained about not having a 2nd all star. He's not a leader; he's a follower. I don't buy he would come by himself and predictably, folks here would be complaining about why we didn't go after LBJ in 2018.

I think KL just wants to be his own man. He knows that PG13 doesn't threaten that perch.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Why would PG13 leave WB/OKC to join a bunch of unproven players? He LEFT the Pacers b/c he complained about not having a 2nd all star. He's not a leader; he's a follower. I don't buy he would come by himself and predictably, folks here would be complaining about why we didn't go after LBJ in 2018.

I think KL just wants to be his own man. He knows that PG13 doesn't threaten that perch.

Finally some voice of reason, rather than be appreciative that LBJ choose us and have changed our aura to be a place for top FG to go again we choose to believe grass is greener on the other side. LBJ signed 3 guaranteed years here and we are doing the best we can to get us back on the mountain top, can’t look down the mountain and see the Kawhi or PG of the world down below. Look up to the AD and Kuz who would keep moving up in case LBJ fails to get us there.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Regardless of what PG13 is, I do believe his intent was to come to LA. I’m not saying LBJ/AD was the wrong choice, just that there were other ways to return to contention.

The clippers took advantage of guys who wanted LA. There probably is no AD, but on the other side you could say there might be more young guys around.

Different iterations. Let’s see what comes of the Klutch model LBJ/AD and a bunch of vets.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:16 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Regardless of what PG13 is, I do believe his intent was to come to LA. I’m not saying LBJ/AD was the wrong choice, just that there were other ways to return to contention.

The clippers took advantage of guys who wanted LA. There probably is no AD, but on the other side you could say there might be more young guys around.

Different iterations. Let’s see what comes of the Klutch model LBJ/AD and a bunch of vets.

If his true intention was to return to LA, he should have joined LBJ. Clearly, he's fine being a 2nd option at best and not the face and leader of the team.

He's just a fickle and weird dude as we've come to see. I'm not sure when it's championship time, he's the one a team should be relying on (and I was 1000% all in for PG in 2018).
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

We can continue to argue the "speculations" of what should or could have been all we want but in the end the Lakers chose to build a contending team around a player with historic mileage in his legs and a very small window.

Not a complimentary piece, a centerpiece.

Add to that the question of motives. Is James truly dedicated to a championship or in being close to his business interests and compiling lifetime stats. His first year he coasted and was a poor franchise leader IMO. Now he has the team and coaches he wanted. I'm waiting to see if he is the "beast on a mission" that many keep commenting about or what we saw last year is what we get for 60 games.

Also until Davis actually signs a contract he is a very expensive one year rental. No more. So long term planning is pure speculation. Fun to fantasize about but as we saw with this season's player movement... it can be unpredictable. We can just as easily speculate he pairs up with a younger star on another team instead of being James' sidekick on an annual vet reshuffle roster.

Lakers have the headlines and marketing they were seeking. They have the vet win now roster in place. Now we just hope the dominoes fall into place and they achieve that goal.

But my opinion does not change. They have pushed all the chips into the middle of the table with this James plan. All the decisions that came after are directly related to it. Whether they are considered good or bad will be be tied into winning.

I sincerely hope the plan works. I am not rooting against any of the players or for the pieces to fall into place. I just disagree with many who are over-hyping the odds of it happening in year one with a patch work roster with little chemistry. I hope I'm wrong.

Firmly believe it is Championship or Bust this year. It will not get any easier moving forward.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Finally some voice of reason, rather than be appreciative that LBJ choose us and have changed our aura to be a place for top FG to go again we choose to believe grass is greener on the other side. LBJ signed 3 guaranteed years here and we are doing the best we can to get us back on the mountain top, can’t look down the mountain and see the Kawhi or PG of the world down below. Look up to the AD and Kuz who would keep moving up in case LBJ fails to get us there.

I think that the original point was that no top FA wanted to come here to play with Lebron. Green is as good as we could get and we had to overpay to get him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1165, 1166, 1167 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1166 of 2082
Jump to: