The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1160, 1161, 1162 ... 1251, 1252, 1253  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 134744
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

Don't lump me in with that group, I was supporting Lebron when he was in Miami and Cleveland while some of the posters here who now kiss his ass were killing him. He is a very calculated person, what he has done isn't with the fans in mind, it is with Lebron's future enterprises in mind. I personally don't have a problem with that, but understand that he isn't doing things for us fans. It is a relationship that hopefully both sides can benefit from hopefully, though it is off to a slow start.
_________________
Cardinals magic number is 2020
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 5015

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kwase wrote:
Is lebron ever going to do a meet and greet with the fans? Perhaps a mini-basketball camp for kids in L.A.'s inner cities, give away turkey dinners at Thanksgiving to the homeless in downtown or Christmas gifts for kids in East L.A., Compton and Watts? Anything to say thank you for welcoming me to your city? I can't ever remember having a star here that didn't give back to our community in some way, shape or form.



Why should he be thanking fans for ‘welcoming him’? If anything we should be thanking him for coming here with no 2nd star, and now bringing AD with him.


Yep. Some Laker fans still think they're doing him the favor.


He isn't doing fans any favors.


That is an absurd thing to say. Hes an All Time great who brought along another star to our bumbling organization that can't do anything right except be in Los Angeles. If fans want to let their weird LeBron hangups get in the way of enjoying having one of the GOATs play for their team I feel sorry for them.


Your comments are arguably just as absurd. James coming to the Lakers was not done as any favor to the fans or organization. It was a mutually beneficial and calculated business move by James and the Lakers. The success of the decisions are still to be determined based on winning a championship or not.

James is certainly in the conversation for GOAT but on his last couple Farewell Tour years. He was able to add to his resume the cachet of the Lakers legacy (even with the down years) while adding to his career stats. With the benefit of being near his entertainment business and lifestyle choices.

Not considering last a year a “favor” to the fans. James didn’t get his promised co-star and spent the year coasting on defense and being disruptive instead of a max contract franchise leader as he chose to be with the Lakers.

Also, I would not consider James the main reason Davis is a Laker. The organization had to pay a hell of a price for a one year rental and the hope he signs a contract next summer. To date, which marquee free agent has chosen to play with James? The cap and opportunity has been there but none have chosen to do so.

Both James and the Lakers knew what they were agreeing to. No one was doing a favor for the other. Lakers get the headlines and marketing and James gets a comfortable last stop before he retires. IMO the failure or success is based upon the Championship he is expected to deliver by fans.

That is the only “favor” I want from him and the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 45580

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
To date, which marquee free agent has chosen to play with James?


lol this is his fault? Delivering Davis wasn't enough? Nobody running this organization can tie their own shoes without help from an adult and you're blaming the one positive thing we have going for us? A classic case of LeBron Derangement Disorder. Try to enjoy your good fortune.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 105642

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Also, I would not consider James the main reason Davis is a Laker. The organization had to pay a hell of a price for a one year rental and the hope he signs a contract next summer. To date, which marquee free agent has chosen to play with James? The cap and opportunity has been there but none have chosen to do so.


Who is Davis joining if LBJ isn't here? LBJ is nearly 99% of the reason why we have AD wearing #3 next season.
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 105642

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

This is like folks saying no one joined Kobe. But then we traded for Pau. Let's see how the dynamic duo of LBJ/AD work out first, no?
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kwase
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Posts: 2407

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
kwase wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
kwase wrote:
Is lebron ever going to do a meet and greet with the fans? Perhaps a basketball camp for kids in L.A.'s inner cities, give away turkeys at Thanksgiving to the homeless in downtown or Christmas gifts for kids in East L.A., Compton and Watts? Anything to say thank you for welcoming me to your city? I can't ever remember having a star here that didn't give back to our community in some way, shape or form.


You think he already would have, huh?



I mean, I've never seen anyone so obsessed with their image than lebron, and let's be honest, half the Laker fanbase doesn't want him here. I would think that doing some of the things I mentioned could only help.



Seems like a big missed opportunity. And an obvious one, at that. Strange



Lebron spends his money and time doing a huge amount of philanthropic work. You two spend your time coming online to do a circle-jerk to complain about him.

And you think Lebron is the loser in this drama going on in your heads?



Bruh, that was an extremely infantile response to a serious question. Is LG turning into the TMZ comment section now??? I want to know why he hasn't done anything to ingratiate and say thanks to the city of L.A.. If you can't answer that then please keep those 4th grade replies to yourself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kwase
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Posts: 2407

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kwase wrote:
Is lebron ever going to do a meet and greet with the fans? Perhaps a mini-basketball camp for kids in L.A.'s inner cities, give away turkey dinners at Thanksgiving to the homeless in downtown or Christmas gifts for kids in East L.A., Compton and Watts? Anything to say thank you for welcoming me to your city? I can't ever remember having a star here that didn't give back to our community in some way, shape or form.



Why should he be thanking fans for ‘welcoming him’? If anything we should be thanking him for coming here with no 2nd star, and now bringing AD with him.


Yep. Some Laker fans still think they're doing him the favor.



I take time out my day to watch the games. I spend my hard earned money on apparel and tickets to watch them play. As a result, he earns a salary of roughly $40 million/year....more money than I'll ever see in my life. You might not think you're doing him any favors. You might think that you still owe him after affording him a lifestyle straight out of the Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous. Perhaps $40 million to still not make the playoffs last season and behave like he didn't really care was no big deal to you. Me, on the other hand, feels like he came here and used us to be closer to Hollywood and his sons school. I'll be happy if he wins a championship, but that hasn't happened yet and I think it would go a long way if he showed US some sort of gratitude, not the other way around.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 105642

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kwase wrote:
Is lebron ever going to do a meet and greet with the fans? Perhaps a mini-basketball camp for kids in L.A.'s inner cities, give away turkey dinners at Thanksgiving to the homeless in downtown or Christmas gifts for kids in East L.A., Compton and Watts? Anything to say thank you for welcoming me to your city? I can't ever remember having a star here that didn't give back to our community in some way, shape or form.



Why should he be thanking fans for ‘welcoming him’? If anything we should be thanking him for coming here with no 2nd star, and now bringing AD with him.


Yep. Some Laker fans still think they're doing him the favor.



I take time out my day to watch the games. I spend my hard earned money on apparel and tickets to watch them play. As a result, he earns a salary of roughly $40 million/year....more money than I'll ever see in my life. You might not think you're doing him any favors. You might think that you still owe him after affording him a lifestyle straight out of the Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous. Perhaps $40 million to still not make the playoffs last season and behave like he didn't really care was no big deal to you. Me, on the other hand, feels like he came here and used us to be closer to Hollywood and his sons school. I'll be happy if he wins a championship, but that hasn't happened yet and I think it would go a long way if he showed US some sort of gratitude, not the other way around.


What do you want? A free Lakers themed Blaze pizza? A shout out from Space Jam 2? I think this is a bit of stretch, no?

I don't think many people disagree about your point that he wants to be close to Hollywood and give his family a great LA life. But he's not done with basketball either. Last year's team was not the ideal one. Let's give LBJ/AD at least a year, no?
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 45580

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kwase wrote:
Is lebron ever going to do a meet and greet with the fans? Perhaps a mini-basketball camp for kids in L.A.'s inner cities, give away turkey dinners at Thanksgiving to the homeless in downtown or Christmas gifts for kids in East L.A., Compton and Watts? Anything to say thank you for welcoming me to your city? I can't ever remember having a star here that didn't give back to our community in some way, shape or form.



Why should he be thanking fans for ‘welcoming him’? If anything we should be thanking him for coming here with no 2nd star, and now bringing AD with him.


Yep. Some Laker fans still think they're doing him the favor.



I take time out my day to watch the games. I spend my hard earned money on apparel and tickets to watch them play. As a result, he earns a salary of roughly $40 million/year....more money than I'll ever see in my life. You might not think you're doing him any favors. You might think that you still owe him after affording him a lifestyle straight out of the Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous. Perhaps $40 million to still not make the playoffs last season and behave like he didn't really care was no big deal to you. Me, on the other hand, feels like he came here and used us to be closer to Hollywood and his sons school. I'll be happy if he wins a championship, but that hasn't happened yet and I think it would go a long way if he showed US some sort of gratitude, not the other way around.


He doesn't owe you anything, even though you feel entitled to... something. Anyway, him hosting a meet and greet or buying you an ice cream will do nothing to win over the people with LeBron Derangement Disorder. Whatever he did wouldn't be the right thing to do or it wouldnt be enough. After all, you take time out of your day to watch the games on your TV so you're entitled to the best. If you're looking for some sort of gift, perhaps Anthony Davis would suffice?
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 134744
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Like every player he owes us effort on the court. We didn’t get that at times last season from Lebron. I gave Kobe hell for his effort in the Finals loss to Boston and equally criticized Lebron this past season.
_________________
Cardinals magic number is 2020
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 1622

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
To date, which marquee free agent has chosen to play with James?


lol this is his fault? Delivering Davis wasn't enough? Nobody running this organization can tie their own shoes without help from an adult and you're blaming the one positive thing we have going for us? A classic case of LeBron Derangement Disorder. Try to enjoy your good fortune.


I don’t know about the level of incompetence you’re claiming here. I was really excited to see all the young players we had grow as a team. But we abandoned that to try and win now. I understand why but there’s no way of knowing how good those players may have been together.
Plus, if our organization was really as clueless as you describe then why in the hell would LeBron ever choose to align himself with them for 4 years? This is the last stop on his HOF career. That doesn’t make much sense to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 5015

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Also, I would not consider James the main reason Davis is a Laker. The organization had to pay a hell of a price for a one year rental and the hope he signs a contract next summer. To date, which marquee free agent has chosen to play with James? The cap and opportunity has been there but none have chosen to do so.


Who is Davis joining if LBJ isn't here? LBJ is nearly 99% of the reason why we have AD wearing #3 next season.


I agree James is the main reason that Davis is a Laker. Because James and his agent spent a season forcing the issue for the "trade" that brought Davis here. And the Lakers organization is forced to make decisions based on a couple year window of a declining superstar.

Davis may or may not re-sign next season. Until he does he has not chosen to be a Laker. He could just as easily choose to sign elsewhere despite all the confidence he remains a Laker by so many here.

Davis has said he wants to be a Laker, He also has said he would be open to be a Knick. Maybe next year's musical chairs of fickle (self empowered) marquee players intrigues him more then playing with an aging James. Will another marquee player take Davis' place? Two seasons with a max contract waiting to be signed, so far no takers. Kind of intriguing, no?

To your first question, if you are going to assume Davis will re-sign , I will assume that George would have signed last season if the Lakers had not chosen to chase James and make George the sidekick. Will Davis like being a sidekick? A signature on a contract will answer that question.

No denying James is an incredible player. But we just have have different perspectives on his Laker career in year one. Some have the perspective that he is doing the Lakers a favor by his presence and are happy with his pursuit lifetime achievements and increased media attention.

I tend to be a bit more critical of what James delivered last year. I expected more in the first year from a marquee GOAT level player in his commitment and leadership. Several (including you I believe yinoma) have commented on how James is "on a mission" or "will be a beast" this year.

Where was that commitment last season? His first year he chose to be the leader of the Lakers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 105642

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
To your first question, if you are going to assume Davis will re-sign , I will assume that George would have signed last season if the Lakers had not chosen to chase James and make George the sidekick. Will Davis like being a sidekick? A signature on a contract will answer that question.


This is nonsensical.

PG13 would never have come by himself. He's shown he's a follower.

Meanwhile AD is actually here, and as you admit, b/c of LBJ. Bad logic my friend.

Folks limiting LBJ's ceiling as a Laker to a team that was a poor fit all around. Why not wait until this season at the very least? The rush to judgment is mind boggling.
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 45580

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Plus, if our organization was really as clueless as you describe then why in the hell would LeBron ever choose to align himself with them for 4 years?


Location.

Is it your contention that the Lakers organization dazzled him with their competence? That LeBron saw that they had amassed a .307 winning percentage over the course of the previous 5 seasons and was so impressed he signed up?
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 1622

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Plus, if our organization was really as clueless as you describe then why in the hell would LeBron ever choose to align himself with them for 4 years?


Location.

Is it your contention that the Lakers organization dazzled him with their competence? That LeBron saw that they had amassed a .307 winning percentage over the course of the previous 5 seasons and was so impressed he signed up?


Nope. Just asked a question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 134744
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
To date, which marquee free agent has chosen to play with James?


lol this is his fault? Delivering Davis wasn't enough? Nobody running this organization can tie their own shoes without help from an adult and you're blaming the one positive thing we have going for us? A classic case of LeBron Derangement Disorder. Try to enjoy your good fortune.


I don’t know about the level of incompetence you’re claiming here. I was really excited to see all the young players we had grow as a team. But we abandoned that to try and win now. I understand why but there’s no way of knowing how good those players may have been together.
Plus, if our organization was really as clueless as you describe then why in the hell would LeBron ever choose to align himself with them for 4 years? This is the last stop on his HOF career. That doesn’t make much sense to me.


He officially only has to be here 3 years, maybe the 4th year option was to give Magic 3 years to get something done? Or maybe it is just to opt out after 3 and sign a bigger long term contract.
_________________
Cardinals magic number is 2020
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 134744
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
To your first question, if you are going to assume Davis will re-sign , I will assume that George would have signed last season if the Lakers had not chosen to chase James and make George the sidekick. Will Davis like being a sidekick? A signature on a contract will answer that question.


This is nonsensical.

PG13 would never have come by himself. He's shown he's a follower.

Meanwhile AD is actually here, and as you admit, b/c of LBJ. Bad logic my friend.

Folks limiting LBJ's ceiling as a Laker to a team that was a poor fit all around. Why not wait until this season at the very least? The rush to judgment is mind boggling.


To answer the question that you quoted, Davis is a sidekick on a potential title team. He isn't a good enough leader at this point to be the top dog and have a lot of success. Maybe that will change?
_________________
Cardinals magic number is 2020
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 1622

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
To your first question, if you are going to assume Davis will re-sign , I will assume that George would have signed last season if the Lakers had not chosen to chase James and make George the sidekick. Will Davis like being a sidekick? A signature on a contract will answer that question.


This is nonsensical.

PG13 would never have come by himself. He's shown he's a follower.

Meanwhile AD is actually here, and as you admit, b/c of LBJ. Bad logic my friend.

Folks limiting LBJ's ceiling as a Laker to a team that was a poor fit all around. Why not wait until this season at the very least? The rush to judgment is mind boggling.


I don’t believe the poster was limiting James’ ceiling, just asking why LeBron didn’t show more heart during his introductory season with LA.
Seems like a fair question.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 105642

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
To your first question, if you are going to assume Davis will re-sign , I will assume that George would have signed last season if the Lakers had not chosen to chase James and make George the sidekick. Will Davis like being a sidekick? A signature on a contract will answer that question.


This is nonsensical.

PG13 would never have come by himself. He's shown he's a follower.

Meanwhile AD is actually here, and as you admit, b/c of LBJ. Bad logic my friend.

Folks limiting LBJ's ceiling as a Laker to a team that was a poor fit all around. Why not wait until this season at the very least? The rush to judgment is mind boggling.


I don’t believe the poster was limiting James’ ceiling, just asking why LeBron didn’t show more heart during his introductory season with LA.
Seems like a fair question.


Has nothing to do with the notion that PG13 would have signed here and comparing that with AD.
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kwase
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Posts: 2407

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
kwase wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kwase wrote:
Is lebron ever going to do a meet and greet with the fans? Perhaps a mini-basketball camp for kids in L.A.'s inner cities, give away turkey dinners at Thanksgiving to the homeless in downtown or Christmas gifts for kids in East L.A., Compton and Watts? Anything to say thank you for welcoming me to your city? I can't ever remember having a star here that didn't give back to our community in some way, shape or form.



Why should he be thanking fans for ‘welcoming him’? If anything we should be thanking him for coming here with no 2nd star, and now bringing AD with him.


Yep. Some Laker fans still think they're doing him the favor.



I take time out my day to watch the games. I spend my hard earned money on apparel and tickets to watch them play. As a result, he earns a salary of roughly $40 million/year....more money than I'll ever see in my life. You might not think you're doing him any favors. You might think that you still owe him after affording him a lifestyle straight out of the Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous. Perhaps $40 million to still not make the playoffs last season and behave like he didn't really care was no big deal to you. Me, on the other hand, feels like he came here and used us to be closer to Hollywood and his sons school. I'll be happy if he wins a championship, but that hasn't happened yet and I think it would go a long way if he showed US some sort of gratitude, not the other way around.


He doesn't owe you anything, even though you feel entitled to... something. Anyway, him hosting a meet and greet or buying you an ice cream will do nothing to win over the people with LeBron Derangement Disorder. Whatever he did wouldn't be the right thing to do or it wouldnt be enough. After all, you take time out of your day to watch the games on your TV so you're entitled to the best. If you're looking for some sort of gift, perhaps Anthony Davis would suffice?



Anthony Davis will suffice if he sings long-term. That hasn't happened yet either. So far the lebron era has been a complete disaster. He's got 2 or 3 more years to win a championship here as a Laker. You might give him credit for what he did in Miami and Cleveland, but I don't give a damn about any of that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jun 2018
Posts: 151

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
To date, which marquee free agent has chosen to play with James?


lol this is his fault? Delivering Davis wasn't enough? Nobody running this organization can tie their own shoes without help from an adult and you're blaming the one positive thing we have going for us? A classic case of LeBron Derangement Disorder. Try to enjoy your good fortune.


I don’t know about the level of incompetence you’re claiming here. I was really excited to see all the young players we had grow as a team. But we abandoned that to try and win now. I understand why but there’s no way of knowing how good those players may have been together.
Plus, if our organization was really as clueless as you describe then why in the hell would LeBron ever choose to align himself with them for 4 years? This is the last stop on his HOF career. That doesn’t make much sense to me.


There is no guarantee that any of those young players would have turned out good. It is not like they were young prodigious talents like Lebron, Shaq, AD, Dwight Howard, Durant etc. To turn down a Lebron/AD combo that could result in a championship or even championships just to keep that young core would have been a terrible move. And even if that young core panned out there is no guarantee that would have resulted in a championship, let alone a finals appearance.

I think people are sleeping on Lebron and AD and their chances to win a ring or rings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 1622

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
To your first question, if you are going to assume Davis will re-sign , I will assume that George would have signed last season if the Lakers had not chosen to chase James and make George the sidekick. Will Davis like being a sidekick? A signature on a contract will answer that question.


This is nonsensical.

PG13 would never have come by himself. He's shown he's a follower.

Meanwhile AD is actually here, and as you admit, b/c of LBJ. Bad logic my friend.

Folks limiting LBJ's ceiling as a Laker to a team that was a poor fit all around. Why not wait until this season at the very least? The rush to judgment is mind boggling.


I don’t believe the poster was limiting James’ ceiling, just asking why LeBron didn’t show more heart during his introductory season with LA.
Seems like a fair question.


Has nothing to do with the notion that PG13 would have signed here and comparing that with AD.


That’s true. But the post was quite a bit longer than the part you quoted, so I was referring more to what he had written near the bottom.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 1622

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

secund2nun wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
To date, which marquee free agent has chosen to play with James?


lol this is his fault? Delivering Davis wasn't enough? Nobody running this organization can tie their own shoes without help from an adult and you're blaming the one positive thing we have going for us? A classic case of LeBron Derangement Disorder. Try to enjoy your good fortune.


I don’t know about the level of incompetence you’re claiming here. I was really excited to see all the young players we had grow as a team. But we abandoned that to try and win now. I understand why but there’s no way of knowing how good those players may have been together.
Plus, if our organization was really as clueless as you describe then why in the hell would LeBron ever choose to align himself with them for 4 years? This is the last stop on his HOF career. That doesn’t make much sense to me.


There is no guarantee that any of those young players would have turned out good. It is not like they were young prodigious talents like Lebron, Shaq, AD, Dwight Howard, Durant etc. To turn down a Lebron/AD combo that could result in a championship or even championships just to keep that young core would have been a terrible move. And even if that young core panned out there is no guarantee that would have resulted in a championship, let alone a finals appearance.

I think people are sleeping on Lebron and AD and their chances to win a ring or rings.


I know. That’s why I said we will never get to see what they could have been. Plus I said I understand why the FO did what they did to go all in now. Not sure where we disagree there.
But I won’t lie. A part of me is sad we couldn’t see the young guys grow together. Hopefully a championship parade will brighten my spirits Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PinoyLBJFan
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 19 Mar 2019
Posts: 74

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject:

there was reason why GSW hired former cavs coach Brown
there is reason also why CLIPPERS hires former cavs coach Lue

all of these simply to know hoe to "extinguish" LBJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 105642

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
To your first question, if you are going to assume Davis will re-sign , I will assume that George would have signed last season if the Lakers had not chosen to chase James and make George the sidekick. Will Davis like being a sidekick? A signature on a contract will answer that question.


This is nonsensical.

PG13 would never have come by himself. He's shown he's a follower.

Meanwhile AD is actually here, and as you admit, b/c of LBJ. Bad logic my friend.

Folks limiting LBJ's ceiling as a Laker to a team that was a poor fit all around. Why not wait until this season at the very least? The rush to judgment is mind boggling.


I don’t believe the poster was limiting James’ ceiling, just asking why LeBron didn’t show more heart during his introductory season with LA.
Seems like a fair question.


Has nothing to do with the notion that PG13 would have signed here and comparing that with AD.


That’s true. But the post was quite a bit longer than the part you quoted, so I was referring more to what he had written near the bottom.


And that is why i excerpted the part I wanted to discuss.
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1160, 1161, 1162 ... 1251, 1252, 1253  Next
Page 1161 of 1253
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB