The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1158, 1159, 1160 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
I literally forget that NASCAR is a thing. People still watch that?

Somehow
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Nascar is a joke. That's like arguing load management for chess players.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

I hate NASCAR, but it’s brutal inside those cars. Very draining
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

not nearly the wear and tear a basketball player takes on there body running and jumping on a hardwood floor.
he sounds like a total moron comparing doing one race a week for 38 weeks to a 82 game NBA season.
And Lebron is in no way the poster child for load management.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

not nearly the wear and tear a basketball player takes on there body running and jumping on a hardwood floor.
he sounds like a total moron comparing doing one race a week for 38 weeks to a 82 game NBA season.
And Lebron is in no way the poster child for load management.

It’s not an equal comparison, I grant you that. But it’s closer to NBA fatigue than playing a game of chess, Lol
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
I literally forget that NASCAR is a thing. People still watch that?

Lots still do.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

Only he wasn't arguing load management.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
NASCAR driver takes bizarre shot at LeBron James, NBA for player rest

Quote:
James' name was weirdly brought up by Keselowski as he was trying to make a point that private planes make it possible for them to spend time with family because they, unlike NBA players, don't get to take a race off without putting their careers at stake.

"I understand that most people might not get that concept, but most people aren't in the situation we're in as race car drivers that travel every week. We don't get to skip a week. We're not like LeBron James where we get to sit on the bench or stay home for a week or whatever it is from other sports. This is 38 weeks, and they will run the race without you. And your a-- will get fired if you don't show up. So that's really hard to explain to people. And it's very hard to explain to your wife and daughter when you miss something that's really special to them. Private aviation is a great way to try to fill those gaps. And we might get a black eye because of that, but it's something that I'm really passionate about and very thankful for."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/nascar-driver-takes-bizarre-shot-at-lebron-james-nba-for-player-rest/ar-AAG81VZ?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

What an idiot. Why would a single driver expect load management?

But where was he wrong in his assessment? NBA players have far more freedom over their careers than NASCAR drivers, Yeah?
Why was he wrong in using the most famous NBA player to make the comparison?
I certainly don’t see how it’s a “shot” at LeBron. Maybe I’m missing something

He was wrong b/c the game of basketball is utterly different than NASCAR b/c it's a team sport. Only one person drives the car so of course, that person is the whole show for a NASCAR team. Meanwhile in basketball, you have 15 players on your roster so a player can take 10-12 games off a year to load manage. Kawhi certainly did it, won a championship, and folks didn't seem to have an issue with it.

The NASCAR guy was off in using NBA players as a comparison. He should have used another single player sport. Use a tennis player or track star.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

NASCAR is a team sport, the difference is that if a driver would take a race off the whole team takes a race off. In the NBA that isn’t the case. I believe that was the point, there are a lot of families relying on that race check.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:
James' name was weirdly brought up by Keselowski as he was trying to make a point that private planes make it possible for them to spend time with family because they, unlike NBA players, don't get to take a race off without putting their careers at stake.

"I understand that most people might not get that concept, but most people aren't in the situation we're in as race car drivers that travel every week. We don't get to skip a week. We're not like LeBron James where we get to sit on the bench or stay home for a week or whatever it is from other sports. This is 38 weeks, and they will run the race without you. And your a-- will get fired if you don't show up. So that's really hard to explain to people. And it's very hard to explain to your wife and daughter when you miss something that's really special to them. Private aviation is a great way to try to fill those gaps. And we might get a black eye because of that, but it's something that I'm really passionate about and very thankful for."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/nascar-driver-takes-bizarre-shot-at-lebron-james-nba-for-player-rest/ar-AAG81VZ?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

But where was he wrong in his assessment? NBA players have far more freedom over their careers than NASCAR drivers, Yeah?

He was wrong b/c the game of basketball is utterly different than NASCAR b/c it's a team sport. Only one person drives the car so of course, that person is the whole show for a NASCAR team. Meanwhile in basketball, you have 15 players on your roster so a player can take 10-12 games off a year to load manage. Kawhi certainly did it, won a championship, and folks didn't seem to have an issue with it.

The NASCAR guy was off in using NBA players as a comparison. He should have used another single player sport. Use a tennis player or track star.

Fair enough. Still don’t see how it’s somehow disrespectful towards LeBron
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

Other than the e/o season tank was Lebron out for any reason other than injury?

Think he prob meant Kawahi
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:

"Bizarre shot" is what the article's headline says. I think it is bizarre given the vast differences b/w NASCAR and basketball. Why single him out?
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:

"Bizarre shot" is what the article's headline says. I think it is bizarre given the vast differences b/w NASCAR and basketball. Why single him out?

Its really tough on the body and mind to drive at the speed they do but its apple and oranges. LBJ needs to ignore the news.

Load managing is crucial to having him healthy rested and ready for the playoffs.

If one thing the Kobe Achilles injury taught me is no one is invincible and even the goats need rest.

LBJ and AD need to take a page out of KL's book and ignore the haters and do what's best for their bodies.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:

So taking a shot at someone, bizarre or otherwise, is not considered disrespectful now?? James is the most famous athlete in all of sports, perhaps. That may be a reason he was “singled out”, as you put it Lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:
So taking a shot at someone, bizarre or otherwise, is not considered disrespectful now?? James is the most famous athlete in all of sports, perhaps. That may be a reason he was “singled out”, as you put it Lol

Look. I didn't make up the headline. I just pointed out how bizarre it is to compare NBA/NASCAR. And why did he have to compare himself to LBJ of all people? You don't find it a bit strange? I never used the word disrespectful. That is something you are putting in my mouth.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:

Its really tough on the body and mind to drive at the speed they do but its apple and oranges. LBJ needs to ignore the news.

Load managing is crucial to having him healthy rested and ready for the playoffs.

If one thing the Kobe Achilles injury taught me is no one is invincible and even the goats need rest.

LBJ and AD need to take a page out of KL's book and ignore the haters and do what's best for their bodies.

Imagine the cramping Lebron would have if subjected to the heat inside a race car in the South in July.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Look. I didn't make up the headline. I just pointed out how bizarre it is to compare NBA/NASCAR. And why did he have to compare himself to LBJ of all people? You don't find it a bit strange? I never used the word disrespectful. That is something you are putting in my mouth.

I don’t see how I’m doing that.
I merely asked why anyone would think the comments were a shot at LeBron.
Thought I was pretty clear and simple on that. You chose to reply by using the logic that “bizarre shot” could mean anything other than a disrespectful comment, in reality. Not sure why you would accuse me of putting words in your mouth when the only words I referenced were from the article itself
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:

Imagine the cramping Lebron would have if subjected to the heat inside a race car in the South in July.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Thought I was pretty clear and simple on that. You chose to reply by using the logic that “bizarre shot” could mean anything other than a disrespectful comment, in reality. Not sure why you would accuse me of putting words in your mouth when the only words I referenced were from the article itself

Clearly you are passionate about this. I am not. Nice talk.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Clearly you are passionate about this. I am not. Nice talk.

Whatever you say, bud
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

BTW, are you a new poster or one that is resurrected?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Oh, so now you want to talk. Do me a favor, if you can’t have a conversation with me without resorting to accusations (Twice now), then just zip it. I never showed u disrespect. You took the lead on that one.
Thanks in advance
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Oh, so now you want to talk. Do me a favor, if you can’t have a conversation with me without resorting to accusations (Twice now), then just zip it. I never showed u disrespect. You took the lead on that one.
Thanks in advance

So you won't answer it...interesting. (two other posters mentioned it before, not me...)
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Thanks in advance

So you won't answer it...interesting. (two other posters mentioned it before, not me...)

I don’t think I’m going to respond to a 3rd accusation from you. Not really enjoying conversing with you. At all. Everyone else has been pretty welcoming so far. Can’t win em all.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Thanks in advance

I don’t think I’m going to respond to a 3rd accusation from you. Not really enjoying conversing with you. At all. Everyone else has been pretty welcoming so far. Can’t win em all.

Accusations? It's a simple question. And BVH and another long time poster asked. If you're new then just say it and welcome. If not...well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1158, 1159, 1160 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1159 of 2086
Jump to: