The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1121, 1122, 1123 ... 2099, 2100, 2101  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Heard on the latest Emplay pod that the Davis trade debacle was thought to be all Magic, offering the kitchen sink, leaking the deals and failing to deny the reports, then telling the players to toughen up. Pelinka was on the outside.

For the young guys who basically never saw Magic play, I could see them being happy Magic was gone. He wasn't a very easy boss to work for.

If true, that would explain why they wanted to talk to Magic and not Rob. Rob being the natural negotiator was playing hardball while Magic was throwing himself at them.

Just a thought.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Wait. So LeBron said on the Shop that he came to the Lakers after a convo with Magic. It's sounding like Magic had at least a little something to do with Bron coming. No?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Heard on the latest Emplay pod that the Davis trade debacle was thought to be all Magic, offering the kitchen sink, leaking the deals and failing to deny the reports, then telling the players to toughen up. Pelinka was on the outside.

For the young guys who basically never saw Magic play, I could see them being happy Magic was gone. He wasn't a very easy boss to work for.

Honestly, even if it's not true, it's an important narrative to spin with Tatum not looking like a guaranteed future superstar. The Lakers can now plausibly distance themselves from the previous kitchen sink offer and look to get Davis for much cheaper than what was offered.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Yep. LeBron didn't seem happy that magic stepped down. Especially without telling LeBron first and especially 70 minutes before a game. As per the Shop episode 5.

Magic, you seem to not be great as a POBO, but you helped get us LeBron. So I give you props for that
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:54 am    Post subject:

I’m glad Lebron called it like it was. He didn’t hold back with Magic. I like that a lot.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:14 am    Post subject:

edit

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Sun May 05, 2019 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:14 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Honestly, even if it's not true, it's an important narrative to spin with Tatum not looking like a guaranteed future superstar. The Lakers can now plausibly distance themselves from the previous kitchen sink offer and look to get Davis for much cheaper than what was offered.

They can't get Davis for cheaper simply because Zo's and BI's value have plummeted even more than Tatum's.
Muncy
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject:

For better or worse this is LeBrons team now.

Hope they don’t just bow to whatever he wants, but Lue is not a good coach. He is good at dealing with personalities though.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Shows why other teams might not have wanted to talk to Pelinka. Why talk to a guy who is a better negotiator and might talk you in to a worse deal when a guy like Magic is above him who wants everybody to love him and will cut you an unbelievable deal.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:38 am    Post subject:

Muncy wrote:
For better or worse this is LeBrons team now.

Hope they don’t just bow to whatever he wants, but Lue is not a good coach. He is good at dealing with personalities though.

What is this based on?

There are multiple things that say the opposite like him being 1 of only 6 active NBA coach champions, having a good offensive X’s and O’s plan (see LFRs breakdown), and being a well prepared playoff and game to game coach (one of only 11 in history to come back down 1-3, and the only one in the finals).
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I’m glad Lebron called it like it was. He didn’t hold back with Magic. I like that a lot.

Me too, a man is only as good as his word. If he shows low character by backing out of things when they get rough they should be called out for it. Magic was a great player and that’s about it, dude has lost all my respect as a man. Sounds like Lebron feels the same.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Wait. So LeBron said on the Shop that he came to the Lakers after a convo with Magic. It's sounding like Magic had at least a little something to do with Bron coming. No?

Sounds like it based on what Bron said on the show.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Yeah, kind of just proves the point Magic had pretty much lost the respect of not only the front office but the players as well.

This is exactly why I hope Kobe doesn't ever come back to the lakers in a coaching or front office position.. I want to remember the all time greats as greats.. Magic will obviously always be an all time great player but outside of that he's kind of a clown and obnoxious ever since tbh.

This was the epitome of a "Never Meet Your Heroes" moment for Lebron, Zo, and the rest of the team.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
hype wrote:
Yeah, kind of just proves the point Magic had pretty much lost the respect of not only the front office but the players as well.

This is exactly why I hope Kobe doesn't ever come back to the lakers in a coaching or front office position.. I want to remember the all time greats as greats.. Magic will obviously always be an all time great player but outside of that he's kind of a clown and obnoxious ever since tbh.

This was the epitome of a "Never Meet Your Heroes" moment for Lebron, Zo, and the rest of the team.

I met Magic and shook his hand in an airport. It was the highlight of my year that year. Its more like not mixing family and business/money. It’s a good rule of thumb, and it makes sure everyone stays in their lane.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Absolutely what Magic did is unforgivable. A complete coward, unprofessional punk move. It still pisses me off how he left. The only reason his businesses have thrived is he probably has real smart people working under him that obviously take advantage of his name. I can’t think of any other executive in any field that left the way this coward did. Selfish, piece of you know what. All he thought of was himself...not the people he worked for or the team that he supposedly loves.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
hype wrote:

I met Magic and shook his hand in an airport. It was the highlight of my year that year. Its more like not mixing family and business/money. It’s a good rule of thumb, and it makes sure everyone stays in their lane.

I had same experience as you and so have a few relatives who met him on separate occasions (he hangs out in Newport). My bro-in-law and nephew met him at a jamba juice and he spoke with them for a good 10 minutes. They ran into him at the same place almost a year later and he gave my bro-in-law a shoulder bump, asked my nephew how his football team was doing, and remembered their entire conversation from a year earlier. He's just a warm-hearted dude.

People should be skeptical of what they read/hear. Lebron is arguably the most self-centered athlete who ever lived. Magic didn't owe him anything.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
hype wrote:

I had same experience as you and so have a few relatives who met him on separate occasions (he hangs out in Newport). My bro-in-law and nephew met him at a jamba juice and he spoke with them for a good 10 minutes. They ran into him at the same place almost a year later and he gave my bro-in-law a shoulder bump, asked my nephew how his football team was doing, and remembered their entire conversation from a year earlier. He's just a warm-hearted dude.

People should be skeptical of what they read/hear. Lebron is arguably the most self-centered athlete who ever lived. Magic didn't owe him anything.

I met Magic twice through my job...he’s friendly, warm etc. But what he did is unforgivable. Who does what he does without advising anyone? Come on...absolutely cannot defend what this coward did. Quitter, unprofessional unable to handle conflict....he’s a selfish coward...and if a conflict arrives...he’s gone. No loyalty to anyone. He was my favorite player...hell my license plate was Laker32....still a great player but probably the worst executive ever.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
hype wrote:

Maybe. But he owed all of us fans, Jeanie, the Buss family, and Dr. Buss' legacy better. He did go out like a coward. He did more damage with that move than he did with any of this trades.

He could have just as easily waited til after the season and then done a press release thanking everyone from Jeanie to the fans to the players to Rob. Done that while letting Jeanie know so she wasn't in a free fall scramble.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

"So it was just weird for him to be like, 'I'm out of here,'" James said. "And not even have no like, 'Hey, Bron ... kiss my ass. I'm out of here.' I would have been OK with that."

Lakers teammate Lonzo Ball, who was also on the episode with James, said his reaction was, "That s--- crazy!"
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

It’s becoming another day at the office for the current Laker organization
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

Yeah it’s too bad this keeps dragging on. But imo its important to expose Magic for what he did. I thought he got away easy with this. I’m glad the players are airing out their frustration. Magic can’t take a pic with Jeanie and make it seem like it’s all good. Hopefully this week we hire Lue and the second phase can begin.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

That episode was taped 3 weeks ago, I wonder if Lebron and Magic have spoken since.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
That episode was taped 3 weeks ago, I wonder if Lebron and Magic have spoken since.

I’m guessing no.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

I’m guessing no.

That would be weird IMO.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

So proud of Lebron for calling Magic out. Great Wizard of Oz my ass. Speaking his mind, having an awesome show, and inviting Zo... Lebron has taken major steps in becoming a beloved Laker. He’s on his way.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1121, 1122, 1123 ... 2099, 2100, 2101  Next
Page 1122 of 2101
Jump to: