The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1030, 1031, 1032 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Hating on our best player seems to be a pastime for some...

What if we hated him before he was our best player? Asking for a friend, lol.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
Some people don't get it. Sometimes the Jordan bulls and kobe lakers needed 50 to win a given game, even against inferior teams. I shouldn't have to watch my team go 10 freaking minutes without a bucket in the 4th quarter when the so called king is on the court. That is inexcusible. Sometimes you just have to go get buckets. Damn a triple double.

Yeah !!!! Look at all these 50 pts games from Magic Johnson...

http://bkref.com/tiny/KmyyQ

Another loser I assume...
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
Some people don't get it. Sometimes the Jordan bulls and kobe lakers needed 50 to win a given game, even against inferior teams. I shouldn't have to watch my team go 10 freaking minutes without a bucket in the 4th quarter when the so called king is on the court. That is inexcusible. Sometimes you just have to go get buckets. Damn a triple double.

Mercy... That's not the damn point.

The issue is LeBron doing what he wants or is comfortable with instead of doing what the team needs. This is exactly where players and fans have been turned off by LeBron. And this what a lot of us knew would be a problem from LeBron. He's only going to do more than he wants to if there isn't a way he'll get blamed for it. He only wants the glory.

If it takes 50 points and 20 of it in the 4th quarter; then so be it.

He can't do it though. It takes way too much effort because LeBron cannot score. He scores, but he cannot score ON-DEMAND and he has no clue where to get his points from. For all the accolades highlighting his genius; he's really a liability.

LeBron should not struggle to score. There are lesser players who do not struggle like he does. But when you don't have a go-to move and you're afraid of going to the free throw line; it becomes easy to remove him from a game.

Damn the stats because they are lies... We all know what we see.

LeBron is Scottie and Scottie is LeBron.

And if Kobe aficionados like myself are turning our noses up -- so freaking be it. We ain't wrong.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:

Did you READ what I wrote? I specifically mentioned kobe and jordan. Magic could get a bucket if needed but when you have kareem, that's where you go for a guaranteed bucket. Bron is NOWHERE near magic in skills and passing. I have never seem a player like magic before or after him.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

I absolutely hate LeBron and I will never make apologizes nor any kind of consessions for it.
It is what it is. I'm a Kobe fan, bred and programmed to hate LeBron and nothing about LeBron makes me want to change that. Even disregarding the Kobe factor, he's not likeable at all.

But anyway, I do acknowledge him as one of the greatest players ever and well as a Laker fan, our goals are now aligned. I want LeBron to win for that reason but as soon as he's done with the Lakers so is my support for him.

Still, what I would advise everyone is wait for the playoffs. In the playoffs he always shows he's by far the best player in the league, he looks twice as good as Curry, Durant, everyone. He might have lost the step or two but if we do make the playoffs, he will dominate. Remember last year? Felt like you would easily trade 3 out of 4 Warriors all stars for LeBron. He was that much better individually than any of them.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:

Mercy... That's not the damn point.

The issue is LeBron doing what he wants or is comfortable with instead of doing what the team needs. This is exactly where players and fans have been turned off by LeBron. And this what a lot of us knew would be a problem from LeBron. He's only going to do more than he wants to if there isn't a way he'll get blamed for it. He only wants the glory.

If it takes 50 points and 20 of it in the 4th quarter; then so be it.

He can't do it though. It takes way too much effort because LeBron cannot score. He scores, but he cannot score ON-DEMAND and he has no clue where to get his points from. For all the accolades highlighting his genius; he's really a liability.

LeBron should not struggle to score. There are lesser players who do not struggle like he does. But when you don't have a go-to move and you're afraid of going to the free throw line; it becomes easy to remove him from a game.

Damn the stats because they are lies... We all know what we see.

LeBron is Scottie and Scottie is LeBron.

And if Kobe aficionados like myself are turning our noses up -- so freaking be it. We ain't wrong.

Thumbs up. See, it ain't just me. There are other folks woke.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

I can understand why there is some aversion toward Lebron. A lot of us, including myself didn't really care for him until he was a Laker. Imo, when it is all said and done and his career is over, no one is going to recognize him as being a Laker anyway. I don't think his jersey will be hanging in the rafters. Only way that happens is if by some miracle we win a chip with him. By the looks of it and the moves made, highly doubtful.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

I know IT when I see IT in any sport. I called kobe early and off topic I called Mahomes early.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
I know IT when I see IT in any sport. I called kobe early and off topic I called Mahomes early.

OK so if you see IT, I agree with everything you said... Why didn't you tell us you can see IT before ? Could have ended the debate earlier.
So... can you tell me what is the next ping pong rising star please ?
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

IT being generatonal talent, is rare. Magic, bird, mj, kareem, kobe, players like that are rare.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

Back on topic. Bron ain't it, sorry. He bores me and I hate how he hides behind his stats. Who mentions that he is averaging a triple double while he is getting his ass whipped in the finals? Who wears a shirt that says "check my stats" in the summer after getting waxed in the finals? I can't go with that....who fakes a broken hand after getting swept in the finals? Bwahahaha. Please.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
Back on topic. Bron ain't it, sorry. He bores me and I hate how he hides behind his stats. Who mentions that he is averaging a triple double while he is getting his ass whipped in the finals? Who wears a shirt that says "check my stats" in the summer after getting waxed in the finals? I can't go with that....who fakes a broken hand after getting swept in the finals? Bwahahaha. Please.

Gracias, mi hermano

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:

OK so if you see IT, I agree with everything you said... Why didn't you tell us you can see IT before ? Could have ended the debate earlier.
So... can you tell me what is the next ping pong rising star please ?

He also called Tom Brady, Rodgers, Brees. He should be a GM.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

Lebron really shouldn't have gotten hurt. That was a bad move.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

I've never been a fan either. Frankly his Lebron system and constant stat checking is boring. For someone who "makes his teammates better" he certainly seems super aware of his stats which appears more important to him than wins. In that regard he will never be like Kobe. Other than filling the stat sheet we all know the regular season is unimportant to him. Maybe that's another reason this Laker season has been a chore to watch. Dude better pick it up in the playoffs for this to be considered a successful season at all.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

Lebron stock is at an all-time low right now
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
IT being generatonal talent, is rare. Magic, bird, mj, kareem, kobe, players like that are rare.

lol. ur answer just shows you don’t know what IT is.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:

lol. ur answer just shows you don’t know what IT is.

No, those players are generational talents
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

Lebron did NOT make the Lakers bad. Before Lebron the Lakers was a low level lottery team. Second to the last in the West.
With Lebron there is at least a chance to make the playoffs.
Lebron cannot perform miracles. He needs some help or great health.

Lakers fans who do not see this can root for another team.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
deal wrote:
Hating on our best player seems to be a pastime for some...

What if we hated him before he was our best player? Asking for a friend, lol.

Then it would be best to check out as a Laker fan. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of this anti-Lebron is just from Lonzo’s friends and family who don’t want him to be traded.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

This is the thread that I really hope other team's fans don't go to. This terribly put together team goes 6-11 without him and loses AT HOME to the Knicks and the Cavs but we're gonna blame Lebron because-and lemme know if I have this straight-triple doubles stink and "sometimes you just need to score 50"?

I'm embarrassed.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
This is the thread that I really hope other team's fans don't go to. This terribly put together team goes 6-11 without him and loses AT HOME to the Knicks and the Cavs but we're gonna blame Lebron because-and lemme know if I have this straight-triple doubles stink and "sometimes you just need to score 50"?

I'm embarrassed.

Lebron had a hand in building this team
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

I'm embarrassed.

Oh well then never mind. It's all his fault.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

I'm embarrassed.

Exactly. Look no further than the KCP contract.
I sincerely doubt Magic makes any personnel moves without consulting LeBron and his team first.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:

I'm embarrassed.

Why would you be embarrassed? Its not exactly the secret many of us if not the majority dont really see LeBron as one of own. He will never really get love here, he isnt Kobe. Its in our best interest to win with him, we know what we signed up for but so does he, this is a business relationship. We dont like him and he isnt one of us. I think this goes for a huge number of Laker fans. and LeBron knew it before signing here. Only by winning multiple championships can he change it otherwise it will always be a very lukewarm relationship between LeBron and many Laker fans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1030, 1031, 1032 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next
Page 1031 of 2085
Jump to: