The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1029, 1030, 1031 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
KD had a point. Our situation is toxic right now. Only a fool would believe that bron wasn't behind the trade attempt.

Why is it that people care nothing about context? KD was specific about what he meant and why when he used the word ”toxic.” He was criticizing the. media, not LeBron:

“So much hype comes from being around LeBron from other people,” Durant said. “He has so many fanboys in the media. Even the beat writers just fawn over him. I’m like, we’re playing basketball here, and it’s not even about basketball at certain points.

“So I get why anyone wouldn’t want to be in that environment because it’s toxic. Especially when the attention is B.S. attention, fluff. It’s not LeBron’s fault at all — it’s just the fact you have so many groupies in the media that love to hang on every word. Just get out of the way and let us play basketball.”

Feel free to have your own personal, negative view of LeBron, but please have enough integrity to not misrepresent KD and act like he was affirming the ”LeGM” nickname or something. Let's stick with the facts, please.

And it takes a willful blindness to think LeBron was the one pushing for the AD trade and that it had nothing to do with the FO. Magic has been on the job for three years now and what he's seeking to accomplish hasn't been a secret. If LeBron is the one pulling strings behind the scenes and the FO is simply caving to his demands, then riddle me this, Batman: why is Carmelo Anthony still not a Laker?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
You say ONE thing critical of lediva's game and his fan boys get all in their feelings as if he farts febreeze.

Not really, it just seems like an incredibly ill informed take considering his numbers on the floor this season.

Cheers!

Go back into hiding, CHAMP24. Try to limit your postings as much as possible. Thanks.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
Nw I see why big tI'm FA won't come because they will get ZERO credit for the chip and ALL the blame when they lose. It's why kyrie left and nobody wants to come. KD was right. Look how toxic things are now. First it was spoelstra, then blatt, then lue, now it's luke. It's NEVER him. That's BS.

What's your regular username?

LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Funny someone coming on here claiming everyone is an LBJ fanboy when most of us rooted against him prior to coming to LA.

Last edited by LakerLogic on Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Scottie is 100% correct. LeBron doesn't want the ball unless there is no possible way he will fail. LeBron thrives as an underdog because there is always a built-in excuse for him to point to. Over the years, this is why LeBron and his fans will ALWAYS find a way to downplay his teammates, coaches, or overall situation.

Scottie is just disgusted... It's like damn dude... Go get that damn ball and win this game. You're playing the Hawks man. These are opportunities for expand your game. But LeBron seems to view it as a burden and that's why he'll never be a top tier GOAT.

He's not willing to put himself on the line unless there is nothing to lose.

Scott passed the ball like a hot potato to Paxson for that Finals winner in 93 and Mike said in an interview that he and Grant were crying for more opportunity in the clutch and when they got the ball, they passed it up immediately. He's not the one to talk about clutch play. Phil didn't even trust him in those situations, so how is he gonna talk about other players' clutch abilities. He got bumped from Houston after fumbling away Gm 1, as well. Ham Hands was the Houston Chronicle's name for him. He choked at the end of Gm 7 2000 after talking loads of S and instigating scrums with Fox, Phil calling him a jackal after he yapped at our bench after the Gm 2 loss. Attacked a stack of towels after Harp and Kobe pulled off clutch plays. Dunleavy didn't draw up the last shot for him either. They went to Sabonis who was as heavy and slow as an elephant.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Scottie is 100% correct. LeBron doesn't want the ball unless there is no possible way he will fail. LeBron thrives as an underdog because there is always a built-in excuse for him to point to. Over the years, this is why LeBron and his fans will ALWAYS find a way to downplay his teammates, coaches, or overall situation.

Scottie is just disgusted... It's like damn dude... Go get that damn ball and win this game. You're playing the Hawks man. These are opportunities for expand your game. But LeBron seems to view it as a burden and that's why he'll never be a top tier GOAT.

He's not willing to put himself on the line unless there is nothing to lose.

Scott passed the ball like a hot potato to Paxson for that Finals winner in 93 and Mike said in an interview that he and Grant were crying for more opportunity in the clutch and when they got the ball, they passed it up immediately. He's not the one to talk about clutch play. Phil didn't even trust him in those situations, so how is he gonna talk about other players' clutch abilities. He got bumped from Houston after fumbling away Gm 1, as well. Ham Hands was the Houston Chronicle's name for him. He choked at the end of Gm 7 2000 after talking loads of S and instigating scrums with Fox, Phil calling him a jackal after he yapped at our bench after the Gm 2 loss. Attacked a stack of towels after Harp and Kobe pulled off clutch plays. Dunleavy didn't draw up the last shot for him either. They went to Sabonis who was as heavy and slow as an elephant.

Where did I say Scottie was clutch? I never said that at all. However, Scottie sat front row to His Airness and knows exactly what it feels like as a teammate when a superstar fills his shoes he's supposed to fill instead of withering under pressure or finding an excuse not to live up to expectations. I bet Scottie is speaking from personal experience as he was once thought to be almost as important to the Bulls as MJ.

LeBron is Scottie... Scottie is LeBron.

And yes... I vividly remember Scottie getting pissed at those towels.

But I also remember Scottie yamming on the Bullets team to close out a playoff series. Scottie's back was never the same after doing that.

I am surprised I was able to find this...

And really... Scottie in Houston was a joke. That entire team was old and couldn't run or jump anymore.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Scottie was talking about the Celtics game when he said Bron ain’t go get the ball. Imo he didn’t go get it cuz he’s not 100%
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Rumor: LeBron James weighs 280 pounds

https://sports.yahoo.com/rumor-lebron-james-weighs-280-150002281.html
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Tired of the LeExcuses for mr. 3-6 mafia.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Win some titles in LA then I will change my tune....a little. Lol
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Wow, look at all those players (bleep) on Lebron in the locker room. Obviously know he's toxic. Especially Kyrie, look at the HATE in his eyes...

https://i.redd.it/zf6e7ancnyg21.jpg
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject:

LeBron said it takes a “real man” to patch things up like Kyrie did: “I love Kyrie. I love everything about Kyrie”

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1096869542494638080

TAAAAAMPERING!
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Lebron shoots a set shot from half court. That's his free throw line!

https://streamable.com/rjy1q
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LeBron said it takes a “real man” to patch things up like Kyrie did: “I love Kyrie. I love everything about Kyrie”

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1096869542494638080

TAAAAAMPERING!

Bring it home, Bron!!!
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

LBJ, Kyrie, and AD will the best injured team of all-time.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Hating on our best player seems to be a pastime for some...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:

No just the chosen few Kobe stans
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject:

WIN TITLES and it's all good.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:

I can admit it. But at least I am constructive. I'm not just throwing out random hot takes. Everything I say is substantiated by events and facts.

LeBron's statistics seem to be the commonly shared source of his worship. But who cares if he gets a triple double? What if the team needed 50 point from him? Or just to play defense? LeBron constantly comes off as he doing all he can not to be blamed instead of doing whatever it takes to win.

I personally think it's sad he loses a game to Hawks.

I think the ones like myself are just not impressed by LeBron and it's been that way for years.

We're being asked to root for a superstar who struggles at the free throw line and still doesn't have a patent shot or go-to move after all these years.

And for all the trouble, we are still a lottery team.

Last edited by Darth Los Angeles on Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
Nw I see why big tI'm FA won't come because they will get ZERO credit for the chip and ALL the blame when they lose. It's why kyrie left and nobody wants to come. KD was right. Look how toxic things are now. First it was spoelstra, then blatt, then lue, now it's luke. It's NEVER him. That's BS.

Please. No one was blaming Kyrie for losing to the Warriors. We all know the real reason why they lost is because they're simply outmatched.
LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Hope LBJ is working his tampering magic at the ASG to assemble a team to beat the Dubs...
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:
What if the team needed 50 point from him?

Then the team isn't very good.

Quote:

Oh so HE lost the game to the Hawks.

Quote:
we are still a lottery team.

Almost like the TEAM isn't very good, eh?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject:

LakersDC wrote:
Hope LBJ is working his tampering magic at the ASG to assemble a team to beat the Dubs...

Ah, I see what you did there
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
deal wrote:

I can admit it. But at least I am constructive. I'm not just throwing out random hot takes. Everything I say is substantiated by events and facts.

LeBron's statistics seem to be the commonly shared source of his worship. But who cares if he gets a triple double? What if the team needed 50 point from him? Or just to play defense? LeBron constantly comes off as he doing all he can not to be blamed instead of doing whatever it takes to win.

I think the ones like myself are just not impressed by LeBron and it's been that way for years.

We're being asked to root for a superstar who struggles at the free throw line and still doesn't have a patent shot or go-to move after all these years.

And for all the trouble, we are still a lottery team.

Well put my brotha.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

Some people don't get it. Sometimes the Jordan bulls and kobe lakers needed 50 to win a given game, even against inferior teams. I shouldn't have to watch my team go 10 freaking minutes without a bucket in the 4th quarter when the so called king is on the court. That is inexcusible. Sometimes you just have to go get buckets. Damn a triple double.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1029, 1030, 1031 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next
Page 1030 of 2085
Jump to: