The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1025, 1026, 1027 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:22 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Lebron created 37 open shots.....the lakers missed 21 of them lol

Luke walton wont fix this. They have open shots. They just dont knoc them down lol. The system is fine, no matter who is coaching them they cant generate better open looks then this

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/aq888b/lebron_created_37_open_shotsthe_lakers_missed_21/

Damn. We really need some floor spacing

But our defense sucked all game long. That's why we lost.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
drae wrote:
Lebron created 37 open shots.....the lakers missed 21 of them lol

Luke walton wont fix this. They have open shots. They just dont knoc them down lol. The system is fine, no matter who is coaching them they cant generate better open looks then this

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/aq888b/lebron_created_37_open_shotsthe_lakers_missed_21/

Damn. We really need some floor spacing

But our defense sucked all game long. That's why we lost.

Ineptitude on defense is a reason why we lose. Another big part of why we lose most games is being totally void of offensive ability. We don’t have personnel that can hit shots consistently even when they are wide open. LeBron is creating enough offensive opportunities(like drae mentioned 37 open shots) that if we had players that could shoot, we’d be in one of the 6th-8th seeds right now due to him being out, but if he stayed healthy maybe even the 3 seed. We don’t really have players that can get to the rim or create their own offense outside of LeBron. In that loss to the 76ers he was 28 points 16 assists 11 rebounds. That is damn impressive. It is also equally as damn impressive that even with that kind of effort we still lost. Get him some shooters and another all star and the winning will happen.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Scottie Pippen blasts LeBron James for lack of effort, says he doesn't have MJ's 'clutch gene'
Quote:
Basketball Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen criticized Lakers forward LeBron James on Thursday, saying James showed "little to no effort" in a recent game and that he doesn't have a "clutch gene" that his former Bulls teammate, Michael Jordan, had.

"When I look at LeBron, he's not what Michael was as a player," Pippen said during an NBA All-Star segment on ESPN's First Take. "He's not even what Kobe Bryant was as a player. So, when you talk about trying to compare Michael's instinct, his ability to take over games, his ability to want to have the last shot, LeBron doesn't have that gene. That's not in him. Kobe has that gene. I see a little bit of it in Paul George. Kawhi (Leonard), (Russell) Westbrook. ... Not too many players go on the basketball court with that."

Quote:
During the ESPN segment, Pippen was particularly critical of James' lack of desire in a 117-113 loss to the Atlanta Hawks earlier this week.

"I can sit here and say today, I watched LeBron the other night," Pippen said. "The game was on the line. And he made little or no effort to go after the ball."

ESPN host Max Kellerman defended James, claiming the three-time NBA champion has already played more minutes than Jordan did in his entire career.

"It's not that," Pippen said. "It's that clutch gene. I'm not taking it away that he don't know how to win, and he's not willing to have the ball in his hands. But the players that have that clutch gene, they're gonna go get that ball."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/scottie-pippen-blasts-lebron-james-for-lack-of-effort-says-he-doesnt-have-mjs-clutch-gene/ar-BBTBeAe?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

I think history has shown that LBJ is not the clutch guy (ironically Klutch agency). He's the guy who will grind it out for your team for 3.8 quarters, putting up insane numbers and just destroying the will of the team.

But the notable crunch time slayers were guys like Kyrie, Wade, Allen, etc. And there's nothing wrong with that so long as you have one of those guys on the team. I think he's often miscast as a great closer (and he has to be fair, made some impressive game winners), but I think he's more comfortable dishing out than hitting clutch game winners. Remember when he made the correct basketball play to hit a wide open Donyell Marshall for 3 (and was criticized for that)?

You want LBJ to carry the team for you, but I would want someone else to hit the dagger for me.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

The game Scottie was talking about was the game against the Celtics, where he was being face guarded up the court. Now he could have gone and got the ball at the rebound, but instead he planted himself just behind the 3 point line wide open ready for an open 3 point attempt.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Scottie Pippen blasts LeBron James for lack of effort, says he doesn't have MJ's 'clutch gene'
Quote:
Basketball Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen criticized Lakers forward LeBron James on Thursday, saying James showed "little to no effort" in a recent game and that he doesn't have a "clutch gene" that his former Bulls teammate, Michael Jordan, had.

"When I look at LeBron, he's not what Michael was as a player," Pippen said during an NBA All-Star segment on ESPN's First Take. "He's not even what Kobe Bryant was as a player. So, when you talk about trying to compare Michael's instinct, his ability to take over games, his ability to want to have the last shot, LeBron doesn't have that gene. That's not in him. Kobe has that gene. I see a little bit of it in Paul George. Kawhi (Leonard), (Russell) Westbrook. ... Not too many players go on the basketball court with that."

Quote:
During the ESPN segment, Pippen was particularly critical of James' lack of desire in a 117-113 loss to the Atlanta Hawks earlier this week.

"I can sit here and say today, I watched LeBron the other night," Pippen said. "The game was on the line. And he made little or no effort to go after the ball."

ESPN host Max Kellerman defended James, claiming the three-time NBA champion has already played more minutes than Jordan did in his entire career.

"It's not that," Pippen said. "It's that clutch gene. I'm not taking it away that he don't know how to win, and he's not willing to have the ball in his hands. But the players that have that clutch gene, they're gonna go get that ball."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/scottie-pippen-blasts-lebron-james-for-lack-of-effort-says-he-doesnt-have-mjs-clutch-gene/ar-BBTBeAe?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout
Pippen has been straight hating and saying some bs since LBJ came out saying that he's the GOAT.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Scottie was saying LeBron could surpass MJ when LeBron was just entering the league. Now that LeBron has closed a lot of the gap and is in the conversation, Scottie has turned into one of the biggest LeBron haters other than Charles Barkley. Clutch gene? This narrative is outdated and lazy. Isn't LeBron one of the best clutch time performers of all time statistically (better than Kobe and MJ)? Maybe, someone can pull up those stats.

The difference between MJ/Kobe and LeBron with the game on the line is that MJ/Kobe could beat you consistently by creating a shot for themselves whereas LeBron can beat you by creating a shot for himself OR others, which makes him more versatile (harder to defend) in crunch time imo.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think history has shown that LBJ is not the clutch guy (ironically Klutch agency). He's the guy who will grind it out for your team for 3.8 quarters, putting up insane numbers and just destroying the will of the team.

But the notable crunch time slayers were guys like Kyrie, Wade, Allen, etc. And there's nothing wrong with that so long as you have one of those guys on the team. I think he's often miscast as a great closer (and he has to be fair, made some impressive game winners), but I think he's more comfortable dishing out than hitting clutch game winners. Remember when he made the correct basketball play to hit a wide open Donyell Marshall for 3 (and was criticized for that)?

You want LBJ to carry the team for you, but I would want someone else to hit the dagger for me.

This is exactly it. He needs a Kyrie, Allen, etc. riding shotgun.

Kyrie is the best fit imo for that reason but probably a long shot. One thing is for sure, it feels like time is starting to run out on LBJ. He can put up the stats until he is 50 years old, but that dominant / control game is slipping away.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kyrie is the best fit imo for that reason but probably a long shot. One thing is for sure, it feels like time is starting to run out on LBJ. He can put up the stats until he is 50 years old, but that dominant / control game is slipping away.
Agreed.

At this point in LeBron's career, I think he knows how to pace himself during the season because in the playoffs he's a completely different animal. Post-allstar break I think he'll turn it up a bit more and see if we actually have a shot at the playoffs before calling it a season lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Those guys like Kyrie can't really carry the team like LBJ does through a regular season, playoffs. LBJ is like the high usage running back that just decimates a team over time.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Oh, but its just me, right?
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie shouldnt even be in this discussion

Lebrons true respect came when he went back to cleveland and won a chip. also taking last year's team to the finals. But going to Miami and teaming with Wade and Bosh is an example of what Scottie is talking about.

Clutch Gene players like Allen Iverson, Dirk, Kobe, Duncan, Westbrook, Giannis..don't keep searching for Hall of famers to join them so they can win. They will their team to finals and victories.

Kobe almost took a scrub team to upset the #2 sun's
Iverson took a team to the finals
Dirk, Duncan etc

Westbrook resigned an extension with OKC even after KD left. Gianni's has been quoted many time saying he doesn't work out with guys because he's competitive.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Maybe Scottie hasn't been paying attention:

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:

Lebrons true respect came when he went back to cleveland and won a chip. also taking last year's team to the finals. But going to Miami and teaming with Wade and Bosh is an example of what Scottie is talking about.

Clutch Gene players like Allen Iverson, Dirk, Kobe, Duncan, Westbrook, Giannis..don't keep searching for Hall of famers to join them so they can win. They will their team to finals and victories.

Dirk, Duncan etc

Westbrook resigned an extension with OKC even after KD left. Gianni's has been quoted many time saying he doesn't work out with guys because he's competitive.

Kobe never faced a team with 5 all stars from the previous year. Also Westbrook isn't a clutch gene player lol

Westbrook went to the finals with Durant and Harden and couldn't seal the deal. And is now playing with PG
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Maybe Scottie hasn't been paying attention:

That's missing a few more games too... Toronto and Boston series last year.

I'm one of the guys who used to criticize Lebron about that. But no longer the case since his Miami days. I don't know why they still bring this up every game he loses in close games scenario. People act like MJ and Kobe never lost to bad teams before.

Last edited by miggz23 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject:

Scottie Pippen is a HOF player and an all time great…and no one should take anything he says seriously.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:26 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:

Dirk, Duncan etc

So LeBron has never carried scrub teams before? Name the second best player on that 2007 Cavs squad that he led to the Finals.

And last year's team wasn't exactly a powerhouse, yet he got them over the hump against a tough as nails, Pacers team, then the Raptors (who had just had their best season ever), and finally, over a very good Celtics team after being down 0-2, then 3-2 and having to win a Game 7 on the road.

And you ironically mentioned Kobe leading a scrub team in 2006 to a near upset in the first round, yet LeBron even took his scrub team that very same year even deeper into the playoffs than Kobe took his own. You’re using some really bogus arguments.

Last edited by Judah on Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject:

I'm always going to be a Kobe fan/LeBron hater. That will never change.
I knew LeBron benefited heavily for being in a horrible eastern conference all those years and I mean I dont wanna go there but if Kobe played in the eastern conference he'd probably have a ring or two more...yes I just went there, sorry.

Anyhow having LeBron doesnt seem any more special at this point than having any other big star in the west right now but I guess come playoffs the difference will be noticeable as it always is with LeBron. I recognize that despite not being a fan.

Anyhow when you have LeBron, its all about LeBron. I do like the sense of urgency but I wonder what the team chemistry is like.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject:

Obviously LeBron is still one of the very best in the game and the team is better with him (I guess). I'm assuming we will see the big difference in the playoffs.
The truth for me is the LeBron system may have won him a few rings but it is not a fun brand of basketball to watch. I was hoping the Lakers would be going back to Showtime but instead it's iso LeBron system ball. For me personally I've watched less Laker games recently than ever before. The current brand of ball is just not entertaining..
I understand alot of baggage comes with 34 year old Lebron (his mood swings, Klutch, etc) which could be overlooked if the product on the floor was the least bit interesting. Even this forum with all the newly registered LeBron fans taking over is not as welcoming tbh.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

Via @WindhorstESPN “Word on the street is Lebron is 280lbs right now. The groin injury messed up his conditioning program. He’ll get back in shape soon (now that he’s back on program)”

Damn LeBron.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Via @WindhorstESPN “Word on the street is Lebron is 280lbs right now. The groin injury messed up his conditioning program. He’ll get back in shape soon (now that he’s back on program)”

Damn LeBron.

Lol yup this is what he's going to look like in that 4th year of his deal. No longer an otherworldly athlete but still pretty effective.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

He looks chubby for sure
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

Even Lebron's biggest detractors here have to acknowledge one thing - legacy matters to him. If you think he's okay with having it put on his resume that he missed the playoffs this year and all the media-driven BS that goes with that, you're kidding yourself. So self-preservation alone won't allow him to check out the rest of the season. Clearly he wasn't 100% or close to it before the ASB, but I'm expecting a rested Lebron to go all out for the last 25 games, for better or worse.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
He looks chubby for sure

na....

here is Lebron on his first practice back https://www.instagram.com/p/BtMjmAnA2W7/ check out the 3rd and 4th pics

Those are after he sat out 5 weeks with no conditioning.. not chubby at all. Maybe he was 270 and he's not even chubby at that weight. Windhorst's scale is broken imo
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Windhorst's scale is broken imo

Well played, sir, well played.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1025, 1026, 1027 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1026 of 2082
Jump to: