The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1024, 1025, 1026 ... 2088, 2089, 2090  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
When Wilt joined the Lakers, he joined Elgin Baylor and Jerry West. Though LBJ won 3 championships prior to joining the Lakers, Wilt didn't exactly join a team with an empty cupboard (all-star wise) as LBJ did this year.

The calamity is of course partially LBJ's fault, but also the FO in believing that they could construct a team that didn't have another bona fide all star, and the ludicrous belief that KCP/Lance/Rondo would suffice for one.

If the Lakers had PG13 or another all star, we wouldn't be lamenting this like we are now.

And yes, LBJ is prone to pouting and being manipulative when things aren't going his way. So the on court product has been poor and the AD trade failed, so he's pouting about a lot of things.

So, what is your solution to move forward?

There are 2 paths that I see:

1) STFU, eat the losses and attempt to sign a max this offseason and see what happens
2) STFU, eat the losses, attempt to get something for all/part of the core this offseason and sign some more one year rentals and see what happens

What else can you do with an aging mega star. You can't ship him out, he is worth too much in revenue just cause his name, and he also produces insane numbers on the court. Your only option is to build around him. I'm almost sure now BI has to go regardless of max free agent this off season or not. He only has a year left on his rookie deal and the Lakers can't have another Randle situation.

So (I know it won't happen) if the Warriors say, we'll sign and trade Klay Thompson and throw in Green, you wouldn't accept that? What if NY signs Durant and then trades for Lebron straight up. You wouldn't do that?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Isn't it crazy how we beat the Celtics a little over a week ago?

That seems like an eternity.

Or Golden State with Lonzo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
When Wilt joined the Lakers, he joined Elgin Baylor and Jerry West. Though LBJ won 3 championships prior to joining the Lakers, Wilt didn't exactly join a team with an empty cupboard (all-star wise) as LBJ did this year.

The calamity is of course partially LBJ's fault, but also the FO in believing that they could construct a team that didn't have another bona fide all star, and the ludicrous belief that KCP/Lance/Rondo would suffice for one.

If the Lakers had PG13 or another all star, we wouldn't be lamenting this like we are now.

And yes, LBJ is prone to pouting and being manipulative when things aren't going his way. So the on court product has been poor and the AD trade failed, so he's pouting about a lot of things.

1) STFU, eat the losses and attempt to sign a max this offseason and see what happens
2) STFU, eat the losses, attempt to get something for all/part of the core this offseason and sign some more one year rentals and see what happens

What else can you do with an aging mega star. You can't ship him out, he is worth too much in revenue just cause his name, and he also produces insane numbers on the court. Your only option is to build around him. I'm almost sure now BI has to go regardless of max free agent this off season or not. He only has a year left on his rookie deal and the Lakers can't have another Randle situation.

So (I know it won't happen) if the Warriors say, we'll sign and trade Klay Thompson and throw in Green, you wouldn't accept that? What if NY signs Durant and then trades for Lebron straight up. You wouldn't do that?

And point of gifting the Warriors LBJ is? We wouldn't be able to beat a LBJ/Steph/KD team.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
What the hell is a YUTE?

My man, you gotta watch My Cousin Vinny. Then you'll know.

But YUTES = young core.
I'm just messing with you. Joe Pesci FTW!
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Thee Black Mamba wrote:
The disconnect is that our young core is a tier above G leaguers in terms of talent but have a "possibility" of being all star talent.

However, I dont see that happening with BI. Lonzo is injured, Kuzma can get nuclear hot but cant rebound or play defense and Josh Hart has regressed to YMCA ball.

All of this happened prior to trade rumors - our core was never as good as we hoped it to be and Lebron James has exposed that.

This. I do not get the love for the "young core". Its like the whole city has fallen in love with them. They are very mediocre, with flashes here and there.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
What the hell is a YUTE?

My man, you gotta watch My Cousin Vinny. Then you'll know.

But YUTES = young core.
I'm just messing with you. Joe Pesci FTW!

But half of the new LG probably has no idea who Joe Pesci is.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

nickj08 wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
nickj08 wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
3-6

Low IQ confirmed, if that's what you take from a Lebron career

Losing record confirmed. Rich paul and diva were behind the trade attempt. Traded half the team last year in cle.

Traded half the team and still went to the finals

From the leastern conference and got SWEPT
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
I have no agenda. I like winning and I expect our superstar to leave it all on the court, every game. I am not a box score analyst. Eye test always.

how did you manage to watch the terrible product the past 5 years then?

Went to sleep most nights
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
I have no agenda. I like winning and I expect our superstar to leave it all on the court, every game. I am not a box score analyst. Eye test always.

Worst part about getting this dude is the lebronsexuals/apologists.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:

Worst part about getting this dude is the lebronsexuals/apologists.

You should probably go back to sleep.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And point of gifting the Warriors LBJ is? We wouldn't be able to beat a LBJ/Steph/KD team.

We wouldn't beat the Warriors either way. So it's a pointless move, IMO.

If we're seriously going to entertain the absurd notion of trading Lebron a few months after he signed a 4 year deal here, then we need to have a goal first and foremost. There is no point, IMO, in taking back two vets.

IF you were thinking of moving Lebron, then you want bad or expiring contracts + young talent and nothing else.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You have no concept of scenario-established relevancy. Don't take things so literally; I cited those trades not to analyze the actuality of them, but to set up a premise.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject:

I do have a concept of it. I’m challenging the premise of the concept.
yammy1688
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Lebron wanted to come here because of our core.

Now our core has to go cuz of Lebron.

Fantastic.

Tell me, why did we tank and get 3 #2 picks again?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Isn't it crazy how we beat the Celtics a little over a week ago?

That seems like an eternity.

Or Golden State with Lonzo.

yeah because those 6 points were important....I mean without them we only win by 20 points.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
The only thing that I had any beef with was people claiming we were getting prime Lebron.

And the idea that we got Lebron, we are going to the Finals. We aren’t that good when he is healthy.
nickj08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject:

yammy1688 wrote:
Lebron wanted to come here because of our core.

Now our core has to go cuz of Lebron.

Fantastic.

Tell me, why did we tank and get 3 #2 picks again?

Us laker fans have overestimated the "young core" they have their flashes, but they aren't what we thought they would be. Bron and this organization is in win now mode, and I don't blame them.. PG really f'd us with not signing here
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
The only thing that I had any beef with was people claiming we were getting prime Lebron.

And the idea that we got Lebron, we are going to the Finals. We aren’t that good when he is healthy.

They were on a roll before he got hurt, seems like some revisionist history going on here.

I will repeat, LeBron is not the problem with this team but he is a huge part of the solution.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

LeBron getting hurt screwed us....
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject:

I see the perception is starting to turn... LeBron was a major mistake.

He's always been nothing more than Scottie Pippen 2.0

Now he's old Scottie...
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Lebron created 37 open shots.....the lakers missed 21 of them lol

Luke walton wont fix this. They have open shots. They just dont knoc them down lol. The system is fine, no matter who is coaching them they cant generate better open looks then this

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/aq888b/lebron_created_37_open_shotsthe_lakers_missed_21/
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

So Lebron created 37 open shots and the Lakers failed to capitalize. As everyone knows the formula for Lebron on the team is Lebron + shooters. Magic going with Lebron + playmakers screwed the team.
DaKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject:

What if we had any other top 5 stars not named Lebron and that person got hurt and was out for the same amount of time as Lebron. Would we be higher in standings at the moment? Most likely no...Stop blaming lebron and put the blame on the one’s that screwed us out of the 4th seed we were in before he got hurt...Who are we to blame you ask? The rest of this team and the guys who almost got traded. Hell they lucky Lebron didn’t come out and flat out say ‘ya’ll suck and playing with you guys will not bring a Championship to the Lakers any time soon’. I wouldn’t blame him if he did after the huge drop down from 4th. He aint here to baby kids, he’s here to play with proffesionals who will bring rings galore to LA and these guys just havn’t been cutting it.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:34 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I see the perception is starting to turn... LeBron was a major mistake.

He's always been nothing more than Scottie Pippen 2.0

Now he's old Scottie...

Hate on this dude is so strong that he can't make a decent comparison... Scottie Pippen wish he could put 27/9/8 51% shooting at age 34... Jeez I don't even think Pippen even came close to that in any season his whole career.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

We were a low to mid-level playoff team when he was healthy. Definitely not a legit championship contender, but not too bad. Without him, we are probably the worst team in the league.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1024, 1025, 1026 ... 2088, 2089, 2090  Next
Page 1025 of 2090
Jump to: