The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1022, 1023, 1024 ... 2099, 2100, 2101  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

I guess for some, it's still, (bleep) Lebron.

Man I miss those days.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
let's also not forget that signing KCP sets a precedent (i.e., catering to Klutch) that could have bad consequences down the line

would lebron really have not signed with us had we not signed KCP? I'd call that bluff for sure

I don't mind the KCP signing. Just the $12M price tag. Same with the Rondo $9M. Along with the puzzling Stephenson and Beasley signings it is easy to see why the FO has been second guessed all season long on this roster.

So many mismanaged concepts that have led to the current desperation. Even the beginning of the season with the discussion of small ball centers with James and Kuzma were a fiasco from the start.

Signing James has escalated the timeline and pressure to win now. To this point FO has squandered some assets and created this dysfunction by focusing so much on the fantasy lineups they have completely dismissed the current team and chemistry.

Frustrating to see this happening. With the "joy" of watching this dysfunction continue over the next 2-3 years.

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
al242 wrote:
I cant argue with these clowns who have a join date subsequent to Summer 2018. They aren't Laker fans, they are Queen James fans.

Lebron aint got it no more, this was a horrible signing and we will be stuck with this horrendous contract for the next 3 years. His defense is the worst on the entire team, he makes Kuzma look like prime Dwight.

He is 3-6 in the finals and should be 1-8.and as I suspected, built his rep feasting on the weak east. Bron ball simply doesn't win. He needs closers because he damn sure isn't one.

Hey. You don't get to rewrite facts to support your agenda. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Ain't.

If you want to make an argument actually use the historical record. LeBron DID win those 3 championships. "Bron ball simply doesn't win." Incorrect. It did win.

3-6 is not anything to braG about if the above kobe and mj narrative is shoved down our throats. 3-6 is not kingly. Period. He just got SWEPT and faked a broken hand. Sorry but this feels like an arranged marriage

Last edited by CHAMP24 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
al242 wrote:
I cant argue with these clowns who have a join date subsequent to Summer 2018. They aren't Laker fans, they are Queen James fans.

Lebron aint got it no more, this was a horrible signing and we will be stuck with this horrendous contract for the next 3 years. His defense is the worst on the entire team, he makes Kuzma look like prime Dwight.

He is 3-6 in the finals and should be 1-8.and as I suspected, built his rep feasting on the weak east. Bron ball simply doesn't win. He needs closers because he damn sure isn't one.

Hey. You don't get to rewrite facts to support your agenda. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Ain't.

If you want to make an argument actually use the historical record. LeBron DID win those 3 championships. "Bron ball simply doesn't win." Incorrect. It did win.

3-6 is not anything to braG about if the above kobe and mj narrative is shoved down our throats. 3-6 is not kingly. Period. He just got SWEPT and fake a broken hand

1 of his losses was when he was in his what, 3rd year as a Cav against peak Spurs?

3 others are the Warriors. What other teams have beaten the Warriors in a series during that stretch? (I'll spare you the time, the Cavs. Every other team has fallen short).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

And I cheered against LBJ in each of those Finals until he joined the Lakers.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
let's also not forget that signing KCP sets a precedent (i.e., catering to Klutch) that could have bad consequences down the line

would lebron really have not signed with us had we not signed KCP? I'd call that bluff for sure

If we strike out in a max free agent this coming summer does the front office overpay a few Kluth guys for 1 year deals?
Rhazz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

Are people on here actually talking about how they wish we didn’t sign Lebron or wishing we’d trade him? What is wrong with you people? Dude’s coming back from an injury and AVERAGING a triple double while playing for the most infuriatingly inept coach of all time.

But but but he’s not playing defense, and his body language and he’s blaming everyone else.

Yeah I would too. What’s he supposed to do? Play top level defense at 34 and still literally BE the offense since we have no offensive or defensive identity or schemes whatsoever.

Does he coast on D during regular season? Sure, but his DWS and DBPM are higher than Ingram’s and you guys seem to think he’s an awesome defender. Lebron is actually 22nd in the league in defensive win shares. His defensive rating is better than Ingram’s and only .1 worse than Lonzo’s.

Stop blaming Lebron for this team’s problems. He can’t do magic. This team’s problems fall squarely on the FO and their ridiculous unwavering belief in Luke when anyone with two brain cells firing can absolutely tell he’s a horrific coach. Good attitude and being player-friendly only gets you so far.

We’re behaving like spoiled children that finally got the toy they wanted and whined about and now wanna throw it away cause it’s not as perfect as we thought it’d be.
AQuestSupreme
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

Rhazz wrote:
Are people on here actually talking about how they wish we didn’t sign Lebron or wishing we’d trade him? What is wrong with you people? Dude’s coming back from an injury and AVERAGING a triple double while playing for the most infuriatingly inept coach of all time.

But but but he’s not playing defense, and his body language and he’s blaming everyone else.

Yeah I would too. What’s he supposed to do? Play top level defense at 34 and still literally BE the offense since we have no offensive or defensive identity or schemes whatsoever.

Does he coast on D during regular season? Sure, but his DWS and DBPM are higher than Ingram’s and you guys seem to think he’s an awesome defender. Lebron is actually 22nd in the league in defensive win shares. His defensive rating is better than Ingram’s and only .1 worse than Lonzo’s.

Stop blaming Lebron for this team’s problems. He can’t do magic. This team’s problems fall squarely on the FO and their ridiculous unwavering belief in Luke when anyone with two brain cells firing can absolutely tell he’s a horrific coach. Good attitude and being player-friendly only gets you so far.

We’re behaving like spoiled children that finally got the toy they wanted and whined about and now wanna throw it away cause it’s not as perfect as we thought it’d be.

I think people are having buyer's remorse.

Getting Lebron seems like it's not going to be all they thought it was cracked up to be, but it's understandable. The Lakers were in no position to say NO to a guy who had been to the last eight NBA Finals. At the same time, he has a very narrow window, it seems, and considering how much his presence is causing a disturbance to these young players - some of which who are favorites of fans - fans are starting to feel like it's not worth it.

Lebron + Drama resulting in championships is one thing.

Lebron + Drama resulting in struggling to make the playoffs is a different.

No one knew what the outcome would be before they got him, but you have to AT LEAST try.

I do think a lot of these fans feel they'd rather have the team feel fun, and grow together, than have them struggle, with Lebron sucking a lot of the fun out of it.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

3-6
nickj08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
3-6

Low IQ confirmed, if that's what you take from a Lebron career
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
3-6

This seems like an agenda free poster.
Rhazz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

AQuestSupreme wrote:
Rhazz wrote:

I think people are having buyer's remorse.

Getting Lebron seems like it's not going to be all they thought it was cracked up to be, but it's understandable. The Lakers were in no position to say NO to a guy who had been to the last eight NBA Finals. At the same time, he has a very narrow window, it seems, and considering how much his presence is causing a disturbance to these young players - some of which who are favorites of fans - fans are starting to feel like it's not worth it.

Lebron + Drama resulting in championships is one thing.

Lebron + Drama resulting in struggling to make the playoffs is a different.

No one knew what the outcome would be before they got him, but you have to AT LEAST try.

I do think a lot of these fans feel they'd rather have the team feel fun, and grow together, than have them struggle, with Lebron sucking a lot of the fun out of it.

Look the problem is they’re not gonna grow. Not with this clown at the helm. You need a proper coach for a team to grow and coalesce into something valuable. Otherwise it’s just a bunch of guys stagnating on a mediocre team while having fun.

I understand people have their favorites but there’s a reason why our young guys are so devalued in the trade market right now. It’s primarily because their development has been almost non-existent under Walton. Young guys need structure and a system to develop in. Look at the spurs and all the guys they’ve developed over the years.

Lebron is 34 and say what you want about his finals record but the guy has gotten there a bunch. Including last year with what amounted to a rec-league team. Maybe, and this is pure speculation, his frustration is boiling over cause he’s trying not to say anything about the coach. I’m sure he’s aware of his reputation as a coach-killer, however deserved or undeserved it may be.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

The only thing that I had any beef with was people claiming we were getting prime Lebron.
AQuestSupreme
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

I always felt Lebron James was overrated.

I do think much of his run was being in the weak east, and much of his statistical greatness was the result of forcing the team to play 'Bron Ball'.

"Bron Ball" is why his teams tend to suck when he's not around. The team - and individuals players that are susceptible - gradually lose its identity and confidence playing the role he needs them to play. Once he's gone, you have a bunch of broken players trying to find their identity again.

This is always why the narrative of 'He Has No Help' has some truth to it. Doing 'everything' is not a good strategy. He kills the confidence of his teammates, and when you NEED THEM, they don't have the reps in.

Furthermore, Lebron seems to only make players better who are catch and shoot guys. If you're not that guy, you're likely to struggle with Lebron.

Now, it is impressive that he can be so dominant, but he has a limited skill-set that is extremely good. It empowers some, and alienates others.

Last edited by AQuestSupreme on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

nickj08 wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
3-6

Losing record confirmed. Rich paul and diva were behind the trade attempt. Traded half the team last year in cle.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
3-6

Great contribution.
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

Rhazz wrote:

There are multiple issues. First off, I wasn't a fan of signing Lebron even before the season. It's just a fit that makes no sense. He's 34 and going to be 35 next year. Even IF they sign just one more max free agent they aren't winning anything. KD sure as hell isn't going there and Kawhi doesn't want to play with Lebron clearly and Irving, Kemba, Klay, and etc won't make the team even a finals contender. Lebron already is showing decline and his defense has been horrendous lately. I don't care what the stats say about it. Lakers are in no way built to win now and trying to force it will not get it done.

What they really should have done is traded Ingram + change for George. George would actually have time to grow with the young core. He's only going to be 29 this offseason and signing a solid FA this offseason and then going for Davis would have made them actual championship contenders. If they get Davis in 2 years Lebron will be 36. While Lebron will still be good then, I doubt he will be a superstar and a top 10 player.

Also, this team isn't terrible without Lebron. They're 5-5 in games without Lebron with Ingram + Kuzma + Lonzo healthy. If this team had an entire season to play together without him i'm sure they'd be around the .500 mark. What do you expect to happen when your entire team is on the trade block? Obviously there's going to be issues.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

AQuestSupreme wrote:
I always felt Lebron James was overrated.

I do think much of his run was being in the weak east, and much of his statistical greatness was the result of forcing the team to play 'Bron Ball'.

"Bron Ball" is why his teams tend to suck when he's not around. They team - and individuals players that are susceptible - gradually lose their identity and confidence playing the steal he needs them to play. Once he's gone, you have a bunch of broken players trying to find their identity again.

This is always why the narrative of 'He Has No Help' has some truth to it. Doing 'everything' is not a good strategy. He kills the confidence of your teammates, and when you NEED THEM, they don't have the reps in.

Furthermore, Lebron seems to only make players better who are catch and shoot guys. If you're not that guy, you're likely to struggle with Lebron.

Now, it is impressive that he can be so dominant, but he has a limited skill-set that is extremely good. It empowers some, and alienates others.

Overrated? Name another player in the league who could get that stat line last night while completely being passive. Lebron James will throw games just to prove a point. Kobe’s been very stubborn in the past as well.
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

I have no agenda. I like winning and I expect our superstar to leave it all on the court, every game. I am not a box score analyst. Eye test always.
nickj08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
nickj08 wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
3-6

Losing record confirmed. Rich paul and diva were behind the trade attempt. Traded half the team last year in cle.

Traded half the team and still went to the finals
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:
I have no agenda. I like winning and I expect our superstar to leave it all on the court, every game. I am not a box score analyst. Eye test always.

how did you manage to watch the terrible product the past 5 years then?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

He clearly didn't bring the effort last night. Also made some very bad passes in key moments (trying to zip a bounce pass through 3 defenders to Rondo's knees with everyone packing the paint is the equivalent of shooting a double-teamed 3 from 35 feet).

Didn't get the lift or benefit of the whistle on his drives, and missed really badly on a left-handed layup attempt. As usual, had like 4 minutes of defensive effort. Most damning of all was that he was clearly sulking, pouting, whining, not getting back. Polar opposite of his enjoyment early on.

This dude is clearly highly calculated and super fake. He very obviously wants Luke out, but then again so do I.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

CHAMP24 wrote:

Got to love fans using the eye test argument all the time to make their case.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
He clearly didn't bring the effort last night. Also made some very bad passes in key moments (trying to zip a bounce pass through 3 defenders to Rondo's knees with everyone packing the paint is the equivalent of shooting a double-teamed 3 from 35 feet).

Didn't get the lift or benefit of the whistle on his drives, and missed really badly on a left-handed layup attempt. As usual, had like 4 minutes of defensive effort. Most damning of all was that he was clearly sulking, pouting, whining, not getting back. Polar opposite of his enjoyment early on.

This dude is clearly highly calculated and super fake. He very obviously wants Luke out, but then again so do I.

See, I can respect this Lebron post. I’m usually pro-Lebron and I actually agree with most of what you said. Unlike some other recent comments by certain LG members.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:

how did you manage to watch the terrible product the past 5 years then?

Leave him alone Yin. He said he’s not a box score analyst. It took everything he had to figure out how to sign in and type “3-6”. 😝 Let him have his glorious mic drop moment.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1022, 1023, 1024 ... 2099, 2100, 2101  Next
Page 1023 of 2101
Jump to: