OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1682, 1683, 1684 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
I think my initial assessment of him as a rich man's Steve Blake is still very valid.

I honestly don't recall seeing enough of Steve Black to compare, but I watched a bit of the Suns vs Pelicans game, and Ball still sucks...

I know that's not an accurate basketball description, but he lacks confidence, scoring skills and is simply not a very good player, he'll be coming off the bench if he is in the league by (about) his 6th year...

Blake was a respectable shooter and defender and willing+capable passer but was limited due to not being a threat of attacking and finishing at the hoop.
Lonzo is a rich man version as he has potential to be the same level shooter, maybe better while already another class better defender but he has the same handicap of not being a slashing threat.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I think my initial assessment of him as a rich man's Steve Blake is still very valid.

He looks much better than he did in the Orlando bubble. Crazy to think he was picked before Tatum though.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

He looks much better than he did in the Orlando bubble. Crazy to think he was picked before Tatum though.

Tatum/Mitchell/Bam/Fox all light years ahead of Lonzo. tragic realy tried his best to ruin us
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject:

I think his career can go in numerous ways, and some of it will be predicated on how Zion develops. He's a poor man's Jason Kidd right now. He's not a scoring machine by any means, but he does all the things that will not show up on the stat sheet. His defense has been great, and he's good as a primary playmaker on a team that will likely be successful in the West. I will say that if he stays healthy, he will be vindicated as a top 10 pick at some point. However, I'll take back everything I said if he doesn't improve his FT shooting. His current percentage is straight up unacceptable for a guard.
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject:

Ricky Rubio is his ceiling. His brother Melo looks like a legit potential all star
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Does Lonzo even have a shooting coach? His Free THrow shooting is still hovering around 50%. Dude is just training wrong or something.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Does Lonzo even have a shooting coach? His Free THrow shooting is still hovering around 50%. Dude is just training wrong or something.

That's how long it takes to fix shooting. Most guys do minor tweaks. He did a complete revamp.

But of course, even when he's not shooting well, he's killin it.

https://twitter.com/JacobRude/status/1341981511738945536

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Still same old Zo. Afraid of getting in the paint and contact. melo is already a better player
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Still same old Zo. Afraid of getting in the paint and contact. melo is already a better player

Honestly he really has been an issue for the Pels. He just isn’t consistent enough to be counted on. His defense is terrific, his midrange has gotten much better, but he’s still atrocious attacking the rim and when he does the defense already knows he’s looking to pass the ball. His three ball
Is still hot and miss, his ballhandling is nothing to write home about, and his playmaking outside of fast teams leaves a lot to be desired.

Zo will always bring the intangibles and make that ball flow, but he’s clearly not what we thought he would be. That would be LaMelo.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Would the Pelicans trade us Kuzma for Ball and Steven Adams? Lakers get a secondary playmaker and perimeter defender along with a rim protecting big.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Would the Pelicans trade us Kuzma for Ball and Steven Adams? Lakers get a secondary playmaker and perimeter defender along with a rim protecting big.

They most certainly Would not. Kuz is a dime a dozen through the league. Adam’s is second only to BI in importance for that team. His defense is quite possibly just as important to them as BI’s offense. Lonzo is still plenty young enough you don’t give him up for Kuzma alone, much less giving up Adams.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:

Yes, Fred Vinson. One of the best shooting coaches around. Turned BI into a knock down shooter. He’s made Lonzo a respectable three shooter. Those free throws are mental honestly.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

They most certainly Would not. Kuz is a dime a dozen through the league. Adam’s is second only to BI in importance for that team. His defense is quite possibly just as important to them as BI’s offense. Lonzo is still plenty young enough you don’t give him up for Kuzma alone, much less giving up Adams.

Im pretty sure new orleans would trade lonzo for pretty much any one in the league. His value is at an all time low because hes due for a contract and his play has been abysmal this year. Kuz meanwhile is a good role player on a great contract. I wouldnt touch lonzo with a 10 foot pole.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:

Im pretty sure new orleans would trade lonzo for pretty much any one in the league.

Okay then. Let's trade Alex Caruso for him.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:

Yes, Fred Vinson. One of the best shooting coaches around. Turned BI into a knock down shooter. He’s made Lonzo a respectable three shooter. Those free throws are mental honestly.

He needs to take his time at the line, instead he just gets there and throws it as soon as he touches it. He needs to take his time and relax like Karl Malone did. He used to be awful from the line until he slowed it down and started doing his weird routine.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Im pretty sure new orleans would trade lonzo for pretty much any one in the league. His value is at an all time low because hes due for a contract and his play has been abysmal this year. Kuz meanwhile is a good role player on a great contract. I wouldnt touch lonzo with a 10 foot pole.

Keep telling yourself that boss.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Ksig wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Hes leading their team in TOs even though he doesnt handle the ball all that much and all his shooting percentages are way below league average. If you still believe in him more power to you; I was just debating your point that Kuz has lower value in the league than Lonzo which is very wrong imo.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

What is amazing to me is how much effort people on this board hyped up this scrub when he was on our team. Just look at how many pages this thread is as an example. Admittedly I haven't watched many of his games as a Pelican but just looking at this stats he doesn't seem to have made any kind of improvement in his game at all.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:33 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Ksig wrote:

Im pretty sure new orleans would trade lonzo for pretty much any one in the league.

I wouldn't trade Caruso for Zo. Zo is just not a winner. He has mental block or something. Caruso has a winning mentality and does everything you ask of him on a championship team. I don't know why Zo never fulfilled his potential. He has improved to become an average shooter but just doesn't use his size and hops at all. He is just adverse to contact. He will never be able to drive and seek out contact like THT does. If he ever does he can be a good player. He is just an average player with time running out on the potential clock at the moment.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Obviously his dad didn't work much on shooting training growing up, Lonzo is simply atrocious in that regard and the FT percentage is especially embarrassing.

He isn't a flat out bust, but he is certainly a major disappointment to date.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Ksig wrote:

I wouldn't trade Caruso for Zo.

Wow.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Ksig wrote:

I wouldn't trade Caruso for Zo.

Wow.

Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Ksig wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Hes leading their team in TOs even though he doesnt handle the ball all that much and all his shooting percentages are way below league average. If you still believe in him more power to you; I was just debating your point that Kuz has lower value in the league than Lonzo which is very wrong imo.

Lonzo handles the ball 4.9 minutes per game, leading the Pels in time of possession followed by BI at 4.4. Try again
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Lonzo handles the ball 4.9 minutes per game, leading the Pels in time of possession followed by BI at 4.4. Try again

A lot of that is bringing the ball up the court, but ok I'll concede that point. He still is averaging almost 3 turnovers a game to 4.4 assists. His shooting spits are still 39.4%/30.8%/60% as a guard.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

It’s weird that a player with such high basketball IQ can be a bust. Can’t think of any other examples off the top of my head.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1682, 1683, 1684 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1683 of 1688
Jump to: