OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1667, 1668, 1669, 1670, 1671, 1672  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17156
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I saw nikes explode too


Nike can afford to give refunds or exchanges. Can BBB?
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 17770

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Is he talking about the OG heavy ass shoe he was playing in during summer, or the brand black incarnation?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oaktown_dimond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 389

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject:

What's up with lonzo's horrible grammar? He didn't grow up in the hood. Does he think it makes him sound tough?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 17770

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
What's up with lonzo's horrible grammar? He didn't grow up in the hood. Does he think it makes him sound tough?


Compared to Gelo, he speaks like English royalty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 8126
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone think that those BBB shoes are what caused him to miss so many games due to ankle injuries?

I'm gonna be upset if he plays all 82 games for the Pel's this season just because is now wearing decent shoes.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 31530

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Does anyone think that those BBB shoes are what caused him to miss so many games due to ankle injuries?

I'm gonna be upset if he plays all 82 games for the Pel's this season just because is now wearing decent shoes.


was probably a factor. I don't think he ever completely sprained it in those; but there were probably some small tweaks, and that leads to the weakening of the ligaments and re-injury
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 2056

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Does anyone think that those BBB shoes are what caused him to miss so many games due to ankle injuries?

I'm gonna be upset if he plays all 82 games for the Pel's this season just because is now wearing decent shoes.


Well, If Lonzo himself admitted he used 4 PAIRS OF THOSE SHOES PER GAME and sometimes they explode, is not difficult to conclude it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 105604

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject:

"It's gotta be the shoes..."
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 23039

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject:

In related news, Lamelo’s draft stock is skyrocketing, he is not wearing BBB gear, and he is distancing himself from the reality show. Maybe there is hope for that family after all.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/27685250/nba-mock-draft-lamelo-ball-now-real-no-1-pick-contender
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 105604

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
In related news, Lamelo’s draft stock is skyrocketing, he is not wearing BBB gear, and he is distancing himself from the reality show. Maybe there is hope for that family after all.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/27685250/nba-mock-draft-lamelo-ball-now-real-no-1-pick-contender


Let's try again?
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 23687

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
In related news, Lamelo’s draft stock is skyrocketing, he is not wearing BBB gear, and he is distancing himself from the reality show. Maybe there is hope for that family after all.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/27685250/nba-mock-draft-lamelo-ball-now-real-no-1-pick-contender


Let's try again?

Won't have a pick high enough to draft him.
_________________
Running through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17156
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
In related news, Lamelo’s draft stock is skyrocketing, he is not wearing BBB gear, and he is distancing himself from the reality show. Maybe there is hope for that family after all.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/27685250/nba-mock-draft-lamelo-ball-now-real-no-1-pick-contender


Let's try again?

Won't have a pick high enough to draft him.


Thought I could handle the Ball in the Family experience but now that's over with, I never want to go through that again.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 23687

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
In related news, Lamelo’s draft stock is skyrocketing, he is not wearing BBB gear, and he is distancing himself from the reality show. Maybe there is hope for that family after all.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/27685250/nba-mock-draft-lamelo-ball-now-real-no-1-pick-contender


Let's try again?

Won't have a pick high enough to draft him.


Thought I could handle the Ball in the Family experience but now that's over with, I never want to go through that again.

I'm fine with Lonzo coming back. LaVar was a minor and brief distraction Lonzo's rookie year and that was it. He was much more of a menace during Lonzo's freshman season at UCLA.
_________________
Running through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 23687

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

I have a feeling one of he or Ingram will be headed out of New Orleans by the trade deadline.
_________________
Running through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Dec 2018
Posts: 608

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I have a feeling one of he or Ingram will be headed out of New Orleans by the trade deadline.


or Both.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 105604

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I have a feeling one of he or Ingram will be headed out of New Orleans by the trade deadline.


I think BI is not going to sign there (darkhorses are ATL/Knicks for me) b/c the fit will be awkward IMO.

Getting Zion/RJ Barrett vibes 2.0.
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 105604

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lonzo Ball on The Woj Pod: “I’m controlling everything now. You really can’t tell me what to do. It’s my life, my career. I’m making all the decisions.”


Great. So we got Lonzo playing in those busted BBB shoes (no longer) and finally getting away from his dad micromanaging everything.
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17156
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I have a feeling one of he or Ingram will be headed out of New Orleans by the trade deadline.


I think BI is not going to sign there (darkhorses are ATL/Knicks for me) b/c the fit will be awkward IMO.

Getting Zion/RJ Barrett vibes 2.0.


Assuming AD signs an extension, next year's free-agent market looks like pretty slim pickings. With the salary cap expected to rise next season, it might be a good for BI to shop himself around and see if someone is willing to overpay.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 105604

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I have a feeling one of he or Ingram will be headed out of New Orleans by the trade deadline.


I think BI is not going to sign there (darkhorses are ATL/Knicks for me) b/c the fit will be awkward IMO.

Getting Zion/RJ Barrett vibes 2.0.


Assuming AD signs an extension, next year's free-agent market looks like pretty slim pickings. With the salary cap expected to rise next season, it might be a good for BI to shop himself around and see if someone is willing to overpay.


I'm not sure about BI/Zion pairing to be honest, and if they start Lonzo with BI, there is no spacing whatsoever on that team. Pels will prioritize Zion for obvious reasons.

I do think BI will get paid though, likely in the $20m+ range (but not max).
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 31530

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

Maybe BI goes to Charlotte. hometown..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 105604

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Maybe BI goes to Charlotte. hometown..


Yeah. Would be very sad to see BI waste his career there though. Rozier/BI future combo...ugh.

I can see ATL/Knicks/Charlotte being interested in BI.
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Sep 2017
Posts: 588

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

His new shot looks pretty good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 23687

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
His new shot looks pretty good.

Linkage: https://twitter.com/FearTheBrown/status/1179114410733969409
_________________
Running through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2001
Posts: 15455

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

BI and Zo finally having real player development.. We gonna miss them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 11545

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo should have been forced into a shooting lab from day one to fix his shot. But Lazy Luke and his beach bum crew did NOTHING.
_________________
(bleep) Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1667, 1668, 1669, 1670, 1671, 1672  Next
Page 1668 of 1672
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB