OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1664, 1665, 1666 ... 1673, 1674, 1675  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
24ways2die
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 2663

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
The Lakers will NEVER recover from trading Zo.

Unbelievable that they would do something so stupid.

Zo is a HOF'er


Trolling?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jan 2002
Posts: 6811
Location: Los Angeles/Barcelona

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Must be a generational thing, but Zo is a lot like Justin Bieber: his fans are all under 20 years old.

For me the cream always rises to the top and Zo fans have excuses for him time and time again. Nobody made excuses for all time greats like Kobe. Perform. Period. That's it.

And Zo didn't. He showed flashes of a good nba player but he also showed really bad weaknesses. It speaks to the youth of Zo fans, because they have no idea what it takes to completely change your game around. He will never be an elite shooter or finisher. Just not going to happen.

He's a Ricky Rubio with much better defense. That's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 12974

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Would've loved to keep Zo, but he had to go. Glad his dad is gone, though.
_________________
There was NO COLLUSION with Russia. Ukraine, Australia, Italy, Britain and others are a different story . . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 43617

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

I had high hopes that Lonzo would be a franchise changing player.

It hasn't turned out that way.

He has potential, but honestly I question how committed he really is to being great.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Oct 2016
Posts: 1122

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Mege wrote:
I won't say never, but it will be 10 years before the Lakers will be able to fully recover from this trade. This trade was so short-sighted and such a big mistake. Zo and BI make All Star,the Pels make their run, and the FO (and Magic) will be regarded as fools.


Honestly these comments make me laugh and I'm a Lonzo fan. It's as if we had lost a Michael Jordan type player. Please Lonzo will be a very good player but for AD it's a no brainer. Anyone that says otherwise has no common sense.


Last edited by Stumpy25 on Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Sep 2012
Posts: 2537

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
Must be a generational thing, but Zo is a lot like Justin Bieber: his fans are all under 20 years old.

For me the cream always rises to the top and Zo fans have excuses for him time and time again. Nobody made excuses for all time greats like Kobe. Perform. Period. That's it.

And Zo didn't. He showed flashes of a good nba player but he also showed really bad weaknesses. It speaks to the youth of Zo fans, because they have no idea what it takes to completely change your game around. He will never be an elite shooter or finisher. Just not going to happen.

He's a Ricky Rubio with much better defense. That's it.


He was actually the only person that would play defense, if you really think your going to just win a championship with AD/Bron you have another thing coming for real.
And you know Zo is a true point guard, guy knows how to run a offense but hey everyone wants him to be a superstar after 2 years such a joke.
Theirs a reason his name is attached to every trade offer.
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eydw6p8hNQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Oct 2016
Posts: 1122

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

PostMalone24 wrote:
methdxman wrote:
Must be a generational thing, but Zo is a lot like Justin Bieber: his fans are all under 20 years old.

For me the cream always rises to the top and Zo fans have excuses for him time and time again. Nobody made excuses for all time greats like Kobe. Perform. Period. That's it.

And Zo didn't. He showed flashes of a good nba player but he also showed really bad weaknesses. It speaks to the youth of Zo fans, because they have no idea what it takes to completely change your game around. He will never be an elite shooter or finisher. Just not going to happen.

He's a Ricky Rubio with much better defense. That's it.


He was actually the only person that would play defense, if you really think your going to just win a championship with AD/Bron you have another thing coming for real.
And you know Zo is a true point guard, guy knows how to run a offense but hey everyone wants him to be a superstar after 2 years such a joke.
Theirs a reason his name is attached to every trade offer.


Lonzo would never win a championship unless he had superstars or guys who where unstoppable scorers next to him, and to get superstars you need to have assets that you can trade. So one way or another you're going to have to make moves that will hurt your favoritism for certain players, but in the long run you win with superstars. People who can pass are a dime a dozen, GOAT's don't grow on trees and in the end they get you the bling bling. If you play hard ball and miss out on the AD trade thinking that he will leave in 2020 and come back to you, you're taking a huge chance on loosing him. Almost 99% of the time once a player is on another squad you lost. This was a trade the Lakers needed to make, yes it hurts to lose players that we have grown with but the team was just going to spin its wheels and get nowhere while LBJ's last best years wither away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7115
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Why were Hart, and Ingram threads moved.. and this one left in the lounge?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 17329

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Why were Hart, and Ingram threads moved.. and this one left in the lounge?


Zo Laker 4 Life
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Oct 2016
Posts: 1122

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Why were Hart, and Ingram threads moved.. and this one left in the lounge?


Zo Laker 4 Life


That's only possible if he becomes a FA and he wants to return. I'm sure his father will influence him otherwise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bol
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3618

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Why were Hart, and Ingram threads moved.. and this one left in the lounge?


Zo Laker 4 Life


Yep yep
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerchaq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 May 2019
Posts: 300

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Biggest scrub in laker history but some viewed him as jason kidd


Good luck with that 44% FT shooting
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Aug 2015
Posts: 1104

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
Must be a generational thing, but Zo is a lot like Justin Bieber: his fans are all under 20 years old.

For me the cream always rises to the top and Zo fans have excuses for him time and time again. Nobody made excuses for all time greats like Kobe. Perform. Period. That's it.

And Zo didn't. He showed flashes of a good nba player but he also showed really bad weaknesses. It speaks to the youth of Zo fans, because they have no idea what it takes to completely change your game around. He will never be an elite shooter or finisher. Just not going to happen.

He's a Ricky Rubio with much better defense. That's it.

Hey! I'm 21!
As much as I love Zo, I am content with the trade and wish him well in New Orleans
_________________
I was an atheist, until I knew Kobe.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 4291

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:46 am    Post subject:

so who is Jason Kidd going to help develop now? Bongga? hahaha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 1897

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:01 am    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
so who is Jason Kidd going to help develop now? Bongga? hahaha


Don't doubt the Bonga.

Has similar skills as Zo just needs experience to grow into his talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 510

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
Mege wrote:
I won't say never, but it will be 10 years before the Lakers will be able to fully recover from this trade. This trade was so short-sighted and such a big mistake. Zo and BI make All Star,the Pels make their run, and the FO (and Magic) will be regarded as fools.


Honestly these comments make me laugh and I'm a Lonzo fan. It's as if we had lost a Michael Jordan type player. Please Lonzo will be a very good player but for AD it's a no brainer. Anyone that says otherwise has no common sense.


I'm speaking about the totality of the trade not just Lonzo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Dec 2013
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:11 am    Post subject:

Pelicans gonna be hella fun to watch as my 2nd team
_________________
Whomever smelt it, dealt it.
-Nikola Tesla

Ass cash or grass, Nobody rides for free.
-Mahatma Ghandi

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down
-Rick Astley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Apr 2001
Posts: 6791

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:13 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
so who is Jason Kidd going to help develop now? Bongga? hahaha


Don't doubt the Bonga.

Has similar skills as Zo just needs experience to grow into his talent.


I think they should hire Kareem and Lamar just for Bonga ...
_________________
“Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
― Isaac Asimov
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerdynasty5.0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 4233

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject:

Bye Lavar!
_________________
Starting Lakers Dynasty6.0! NOW!!
------
....." each year in Lakerland is marked by four seasons: Kobe’s Mad at His Teammates; Kobe’s Shooting Too Much; Kobe Leads the Victory Parade; Kobe Receives His Championship Ring."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cassano18
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 06 Aug 2006
Posts: 71
Location: Turkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:27 am    Post subject:

I'm sad for Lonzo, because really loved him. But glad that we got rid of his s*** face father.

Bye dude, hope you'll have a huge career.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Palin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 1276

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:42 am    Post subject:

Gentry is right coach for him. Him and Jrue defending those guards will be amazing and Lonzo and Zion at break? Oh boy Pelicans will be fun to watch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 12447
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:12 am    Post subject:

Mods already moved BI & Hart threads.



Time to move this thread to General BB....
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 2055

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject:

Shoots worse than Shaq and plays half the year when he isn't hurt. Goodbye Zo! With that said, I am going to stop buying jerseys for a while because I got DLO's Lakers jersey and Lonzo's UCLA jersey hanging in my closet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
perry731
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 110

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Shoots worse than Shaq and plays half the year when he isn't hurt. Goodbye Zo! With that said, I am going to stop buying jerseys for a while because I got DLO's Lakers jersey and Lonzo's UCLA jersey hanging in my closet


LOL...... funny. Time for you to buy some Clippers' jerseys as no one would care if the player's name on the back is still on Clippers' roster or not.

GO LAKERS~~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bol
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3618

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject:

Lonzo was the only piece I really minded giving up. #4 pick was nice but it was found money, can't really miss it. Don't much care about Ingram or Hart, decent players but nothing special in my opinion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1664, 1665, 1666 ... 1673, 1674, 1675  Next
Page 1665 of 1675
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB