OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1597, 1598, 1599 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
I knew people would be on Here crying once he was gone. His defense on guards is elite and helped us in so many ways.

Don’t worry this thread would go back to normal once he gets back and missed a wide open layup or bricks 2 freethrows
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Only player that makes the Lakers exciting to watch.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I miss watching a guy who cares on defense. I knew he was important to us on D, but his effect can’t be THIS big, can it?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
I miss watching a guy who cares on defense. I knew he was important to us on D, but his effect can’t be THIS big, can it?

He's a phenomenal difference maker but they're mailing it in. Stu even pointed out the lack of communication. Team is fractured. We have a Lebron, a bunch of 1 year mercenaries and a bunch of young guys who were public put on the block.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

He's a phenomenal difference maker but they're mailing it in. Stu even pointed out the lack of communication. Team is fractured. We have a Lebron, a bunch of 1 year mercenaries and a bunch of young guys who were public put on the block.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
I knew people would be on Here crying once he was gone. His defense on guards is elite and helped us in so many ways.

Don’t worry this thread would go back to normal once he gets back and missed a wide open layup or bricks 2 freethrows

We had Fisher that dude couldn't make a layup if his life depended.on it.

I didnt worry about him having problems finishing. He hasnt had a summer.to work on it.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

I didnt worry about him having problems finishing. He hasnt had a summer.to work on it.

No not talking about you, we both day 1s. I’m talking about the posters who are now jumping on the bandwagon because the team is losing and Luke is having a hard time figuring out who his replacement would be in the starting line up
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:

He’s defense on bigs was elite too. Most big guys can’t score easily on switches when Zo was in there. Right now we don’t stop anyone.
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Trae Young woulda been shut down with Zo on him. /sigh. If he doesn't come back soon, we might not make the playoffs. Our schedule going forward is pretty tough.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Can’t deny the stats, defense is atrocious without our boy. Come back soon zo
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 am    Post subject:

If zo didnt get injured we wouldve at least been 4th seed
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:18 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

No not talking about you, we both day 1s. I’m talking about the posters who are now jumping on the bandwagon because the team is losing and Luke is having a hard time figuring out who his replacement would be in the starting line up

Can I join the bandwagon?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:27 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

this sums things up perfectly
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

Lovefool wrote:
Trae Young woulda been shut down with Zo on him. /sigh. If he doesn't come back soon, we might not make the playoffs. Our schedule going forward is pretty tough.

Trae didn't even shoot well yesterday.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

I think missing his ball moveneht and pace on offense is part of the reason why the defense has lost any energy as well. Players tend to play defense with more energy when they’re getting open and easy looks on offense. I’m one of his biggest fans and even I didn’t think misding him would have this big of an impact.

Please don’t trade this kid over the summer, it will haunt us.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

The defense has been night and day without Zo. Pretty amazing actually to see such a stark difference because of one player. But there you go. Get well soon Zo, we need to go on a run!
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

The Lonzo Effect is real.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

Of course not. For anyone to suggest that his impact is this big is fooling themselves.

Zo is a very very good defender for a 2nd year point guard, but his defense in actuality is very overrated now. He is however, projecting to being an elite level defender.

Zo's game doesn't travel. Don't take my word for it, look it up. He's absolutely atrocious on the road. He would have had little to no impact on this road trip and him more than any other player on the roster "would feel" betrayed by the FO.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Of course not. For anyone to suggest that his impact is this big is fooling themselves.

Zo is a very very good defender for a 2nd year point guard, but his defense in actuality is very overrated now. He is however, projecting to being an elite level defender.

Zo's game doesn't travel. Don't take my word for it, look it up. He's absolutely atrocious on the road. He would have had little to no impact on this road trip and him more than any other player on the roster "would feel" betrayed by the FO.

He’s an elite defender for a second year player and is already a very very good defender if not elite for anybody. He’s not overrated defensively.

In his last two road games he lead us to a win at OKC and led the team to a comfortable lead at Houston. Good thing I didn’t take your word for it.

I know the team is mailing it in but I still don’t understand how reluctant so many are to give this kid obviously deserved credit as a very impactful player.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

Stay healthy the whole season, so far its annoying how many games this dude has missed in his career so far.
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

This is the biggest crock I've heard in here in awhile. Zo is a top ten perimeter defender period. He's underated and his value shows every single game he doesn't play. The point differential tells no lies. Defense always starts at the point. Zo keeps them from getting into their sets easily which sets the tone for our whole defense. I watch every single game. Without Zo it's hard to watch games. We are that tragic on defense. A blind man can see his impact.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

Lovefool wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

This is the biggest crock I've heard in here in awhile. Zo is a top ten perimeter defender period. He's underated and his value shows every single game he doesn't play. The point differential tells no lies. Defense always starts at the point. Zo keeps them from getting into their sets easily which sets the tone for our whole defense. I watch every single game. Without Zo it's hard to watch games. We are that tragic on defense. A blind man can see his impact.

both have valid points
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
Lovefool wrote:

Trae didn't even shoot well yesterday.

Trae had like 22 and 14 assists. It's not about just his shooting. That kid quarterbacks their whole offense. It's about making it harder for them to get into their sets, playing passing lanes, ball denial, contesting shots and disrupting their pace. The Hawks are a high turnover team, but they had low turnovers the first half which kept them in step with our offense. If we played any defense that first half we could have won the game. Zo is the truth when it comes to our defense.
nlightened428
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
I think missing his ball moveneht and pace on offense is part of the reason why the defense has lost any energy as well. Players tend to play defense with more energy when they’re getting open and easy looks on offense. I’m one of his biggest fans and even I didn’t think misding him would have this big of an impact.

Please don’t trade this kid over the summer, it will haunt us.

This
nlightened428
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Lovefool wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Yesss!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1597, 1598, 1599 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1598 of 1688
Jump to: