Maybe Odom is not untouchable??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject:

I would be against the trade but if it had to go down I would want Channing Frye and Jalen Rose for Odom and junk. Forget Quentin and anyone else they might be offering.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject:

magic_byrant wrote:
Quote:

We offered up DG and scraps, Knicks said Odom, we said "Thanks, but no thanks." Don't believe what you hear from the NY Times.

Seems more likely to me as well...

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject:

:roll:

Odom is the team's only really good playmaker - who accepts that it's his role to make those around him better.

It's not his fault that Kobe had a crap game and the Lakers can't play a lick of defense down the stretch.

My god. The guy is playing through a very painful injury and still somehow getting his biggest job (assists) done.

The onus is on the Lakers as a team to play better defense and for Kobe to take better shots in the 4th.

Part of this team's job is to play team defense. Part of Kobe's job is to dominate in the 4th. Part of Cook's job is to hit a wide open shot ...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject:

Lionel,

in your opinion, do you think Odom belongs on this team?
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject:

This is a bogus story. Idiot Vescey is trying to make deals for the Knicks. If Lamar is dealt it will be for a superstar/all star.
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject:

CrimsonLaker wrote:
Lionel,

yes as a 3rd or 4th option.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:
Lionel,

Now can you somehow get Mitch to see this too
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
:roll:

Odom is the team's only really good playmaker - who accepts that it's his role to make those around him better.

It's not his fault that Kobe had a crap game and the Lakers can't play a lick of defense down the stretch.

My god. The guy is playing through a very painful injury and still somehow getting his biggest job (assists) done.

The onus is on the Lakers as a team to play better defense and for Kobe to take better shots in the 4th.

Part of this team's job is to play team defense. Part of Kobe's job is to dominate in the 4th. Part of Cook's job is to hit a wide open shot ...

hopefully they understand this time, but i doubt it
Mostwanted
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject:

Poor Odom.

He is playing through a painful injury. :roll:

The injury he is playing through is called lack of a functioning brain.

This is great news. Like your game Lamar, but NO team is going to win with you being the second option. To dumb and inconistent.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject:

KingKobeDubbz wrote:
If the Lakers are really trying to give up Lamar for Channing Frye all in all it means we gave up Shaquille O'Neal for a stupid ass rookie from Arizona?????

OK with me -- Shaq is a shell of his former self these days & AFTER today's game with Detroit Riley will be ready to bench the fat man.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lionel The Laker wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:
Lionel,

Now can you somehow get Mitch to see this too

Good call!!!
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject:

The funny thing is that not long ago I posted a trade idea featuring Odom for Frye/Robinson. I would have been thrilled if the Lakers could have pulled that off! I hope this does mean they are shopping Lamar. He is a good player, but way overpaid, which means he eats up valuable cap room.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Like your game Lamar, but NO team is going to win with you being the second option. To dumb and inconistent.

No team is going to win with a 1st option that takes 28 shots and shoots under 38%

Or role players that miss wide open shots

If the role players do their jobs and Kobe shoots a higher percentage - not to mention the most IMPORTANT factor (Defense) the Lakers would be a much better closer.

And yes, LO's shot selection could improve. But he rarely makes plays for himself over a teammate. His priority is to get teammates involved.
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:
Lionel,

But Lionel, how can the Lakers afford to keep a guy who is at best a 3rd option, yet pay him 1st or 2nd option money?

Think back to Econ 101 and the term "opportunity cost" and you will see why the Lakers need to trade Lamar... though by similar logic, they have to get either a legit 2nd option for him, or cap space at a time when they will be able to maximize it. I do not favor dumping Lamar simply for cleansing sake....
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
Like your game Lamar, but NO team is going to win with you being the second option. To dumb and inconistent.

No team is going to win with a 1st option that takes 28 shots and shoots under 38%

If the role players do their jobs and Kobe shoots a higher percentage - not to mention the most IMPORTANT factor (Defense) the Lakers would be a much better closer.

And yes, LO's shot selection could improve. But he rarely makes plays for himself over a teammate. His priority is to get teammates involved.

What about a 1st option who had a horrific game yet still managed to get us the lead late in the game, only to have guys ruin his work. Kobe was not the problem. I know you cant bring yourself to crack LO, but reality is reality. When Kobe isnt going ITS LO'S JOB TO BE THERE to pick up the slack. Nope not your guy
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, but Kobe doesn't consistently shoot 38%. And last night, we would've won more than likely but for Lamar bumbling idiocy. Our role players do consistently miss open shots (BUT this includes Odom), but last night they were shooting pretty well (not including Odom).

The problem I have is that Lamar has done well throughout games. But he is a bumbling fool in the wanning seconds. Look, it really doesn't matter how great you play thorughout the game if you lose the game. Yeah, there are other factors for a loss, but the fact is, we were winning until lamar made a bonehead play on both ends of the court.

Then people want to give him a pass b/c he is injured and STILL makes Assists. Then hell, that's what he should've been doing on that offensive play of his. He should've waited until the shot clock got down to six or so and then passed to Kobe for an assist. Why would an injured player try to make an explosive move to the basket in the wanning seconds early in the shot clock with the lead on your side?

I love Lamar. I've defended Lamar. I want him to succeed. I just love the Lakers more. He's hurting us, fellas. This team has little room for error. And he's made two rookie mistakes to cost us games in the last month or so. The lamar experiment was fun, but lets get some people who can help us win. And lets give Lamar the opportunity to go to a team where he can thrive.
GMWEST
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject:

It's called TRADE BAIT, when the right person comes along, Lamar will go. But until then, WE are STUCK with him. Do you see an All Star player on the block that will help the Lakers WIN Championships. NO, then we wait.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I know you cant bring yourself to crack LO, but reality is reality. When Kobe isnt going ITS LO'S JOB TO BE THERE to pick up the slack. Nope not your guy

And how many times did Kobe actually pass the ball?

Ever think that for someone else to be score repeatdly - Kobe needs to give the ball up consistently too?

Last night, virtually every time Kobe got the ball late in the game - he iso'd ....

The onus is on him to dominate those things or give the ball up.

And when he did set up an open teammate - Cookie missed a wide open shot. Not to mention, he also gave the ball up with 13 seconds left allowing Memphis a great shot at scoring.

Again, everyone from 1-12 on this roster screws up. Including Kobe.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
I know you cant bring yourself to crack LO, but reality is reality. When Kobe isnt going ITS LO'S JOB TO BE THERE to pick up the slack. Nope not your guy

And how many times did Kobe actually pass the ball?

Ever think that for someone else to be score repeatdly - Kobe needs to give the ball up consistently too?

Last night, virtually every time Kobe got the ball late in the game - he iso'd ....

The onus is on him to dominate those things or give the ball up.

And when he did set up an open teammate - Cookie missed a wide open shot. Not to mention, he also gave the ball up with 13 seconds left allowing Memphis a great shot at scoring.

Again, everyone from 1-12 on this roster screws up. Including Kobe.

Isnt LO the "Primary ball handler"? Read the game thread, we all thought Kobe was giving the ball up too much. Yes cook was not steller either but are we expecting the same from both guys? Cook has shown improvement, LO has regressed. PRE INJURY. I have stated that LO has been shopped for a few months now. Some of the names I've heard have not been bona fide all-stars but definatly STRONG role guys. LO is still here b/c his contract. Guys Like Emplay try to say hes not. So its not just me, Game, And_1 etc. who feel LO is bad for the team. His contract however is why hes here, not b/c of what Kobe says in the media
Its always a team thing, but our "PRIMARY BALL HANDLER", so called "Initiator" is expected to be
Better,
Smarter
better judgement
than the rest sans Kobe
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

That's true Kobe had an off night and that's why Lamar, our second option scored a grand total of 8 points !
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: BREAKING: New York Knicks REJECT Odom Deal...Prefer Frye

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39102/20060212/knicks_pass_on_odom_prefer_frye/

emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject:

this is an untruth
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Posted like twice already.
lakersfan4life69
Star Player
Star Player

JerryWest_44 wrote:
KingKobeDubbz wrote:
If the Lakers are really trying to give up Lamar for Channing Frye all in all it means we gave up Shaquille O'Neal for a stupid ass rookie from Arizona?????

OK with me -- Shaq is a shell of his former self these days & AFTER today's game with Detroit Riley will be ready to bench the fat man.

let's put frye in perspective. he averages 13.5 points and 6 boards in a shade under 26 minutes. kwame averages 6 and 6 in the same number of minutes. get frye/hardaway's contract for odom/walton/slava

Frye
George
Mihm
Parker
Bryant

yes, the lakers would be terrible, but they would have a ton of cap space in the future, plus kobe/bynum/frye. i'm lookin really long term.
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject:

Emplay, you heard anything about a trade? Is lionel on to something?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: