2017 NCAA Tournament - LG Bracket
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Lucky for Gonzaga, the coach won't leave for another team or program....
I'm not sure if they'll have another opportunity like this game...feels like Butler all over again, they get close but can't clinch.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Jackson is case and point of how limited a player is with poor handles.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

adkindo wrote:
if Collins comes back, Zags will be preseason top 5...they have Corey Kispert coming in....only lose Matthews and Karnowski

He has some fire and I like his skills at his size.

Of couse, I am the same guy that was calling Ryan Kelly a potential jewel of his draft.

Last edited by LakerLanny on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

adkindo wrote:
Meeks was out of bounds...he was touching ball, and stuck his hand way out of bounds

Don't understand why that wasn't reviewed or even mentioned.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Meeks was out of bounds...he was touching ball, and stuck his hand way out of bounds

I know....everything else was reviewed it seemed...and ball was clearly touching him and his hand was 6" out of bounds...and that swung the game
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Well isn't Worthy a Tar Heel? Good for him.

I don't watch college ball. People say I should. This did not inspire me to get into it...

Not sure if its nerves or not, but usually the championship game doesn't live up to expectations. Perhaps its the fact that they also play in a football stadium instead of a basketball arena.

Oh really?! How bizarre...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I know....everything else was reviewed it seemed...and ball was clearly touching him and his hand was 6" out of bounds...and that swung the game

would have been Gonzaga ball down by 1 point 66-65 with 50 seconds left....but UNC got ball and scored putting Gonzaga down 3 with 27 seconds left
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I don't watch college ball. People say I should. This did not inspire me to get into it...

Not sure if its nerves or not, but usually the championship game doesn't live up to expectations. Perhaps its the fact that they also play in a football stadium instead of a basketball arena.

yeah, thats @ U of PHX Stadium....some of those seats are horrible
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

I was rooting hard for Gonzaga, but that was a terrible game for everyone, right? Holy crap, felt like it was Game 7 Lakers-Celtics all over again.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Last time a mid major won the NCAA Division I mens basketball tournament was in 1990 with the UNLV Runnin' Rebels. The drought continues.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
TDRock wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Yeah, its pretty bad, before 2009, they used to only use half of the stadium so it wasn't as bad for spectators. But the NCAA probably saw lots of $$$$ if they used the entire stadium at their disposal.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/4/1/15149944/final-four-tickets-seats-university-of-phoenix-stadium-why-are-final-fours-in-football-stadiums
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Last time a mid major won the NCAA Division I mens basketball tournament was in 1990 with the UNLV Runnin' Rebels. The drought continues.

Hard to even look at that team as a mid major....there was no question they were the best in the nation....Duke was an underdog to them
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
TDRock wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Yeah, its pretty bad, before 2009, they used to only use half of the stadium so it wasn't as bad for spectators. But the NCAA probably saw lots of $$$$ if they used the entire stadium at their disposal.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/4/1/15149944/final-four-tickets-seats-university-of-phoenix-stadium-why-are-final-fours-in-football-stadiums

I think they should play outside so they would have to adjust for the breeze (white men cant jump reference).....
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject:

I still feel so disgusted. The game was taken out of the players' hands. We have no idea what would have happened if the game had merely been poorly officiated, which is the norm for a college basketball game. But this officiating was on another (bad) level.

And yes, Meeks was OB on that jump ball call. The Zags would've been in a 2-for-1 position down 1, instead of UNC being given the 2-for-1 position up 1. That call by itself had to swing the win probability in UNC's favor at least 20-25%.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Hard to even look at that team as a mid major....there was no question they were the best in the nation....Duke was an underdog to them

I always felt like the powers in the NCAA had it out for Tark since he wasn't one of the boys and transformed some lowly school in Vegas into a basketball powerhouse. After they gutted that program, they could never get back into national prominence.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Wow, I ended up in 7th in the contest because I had UNC as the champion. I think I was in 30th with 16 teams left LOL.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Thanks to everyone that participated in the LG Bracket. I know some preferred not to use ESPN, and I respect that, and would advise if anyone sets up the bracket next season besides myself, maybe consider Yahoo. I feel like that is the one most mentioned they preferred after I had already set up.

Again, congratulations to Freakofnature2127......who defeated 31 of us to claim the best bracket in 2017.

In about 340 days, we will do it again!
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Wow! I just fouled out of the Zags UNC game. Those refs are tough.

Barkley sounded like he was primed to ream the refs but they never went back to him.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Congrats to the pool winner
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Thanks to everyone that participated in the LG Bracket. I know some preferred not to use ESPN, and I respect that, and would advise if anyone sets up the bracket next season besides myself, maybe consider Yahoo. I feel like that is the one most mentioned they preferred after I had already set up.

Again, congratulations to Freakofnature2127......who defeated 31 of us to claim the best bracket in 2017.

In about 340 days, we will do it again!

Thanks Adkindo, for the words, and for putting this together.

Wow a back to back winner, last season's NBA pool and now this, a back to back winner. I think a little bit of good old fashioned know how, mixed in with luck...

Bottom line it was fun, and quite nerve wracking... Thanks again...
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Congrats to the pool winner

Thanks eddiejonze....
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I still feel so disgusted. The game was taken out of the players' hands. We have no idea what would have happened if the game had merely been poorly officiated, which is the norm for a college basketball game. But this officiating was on another (bad) level.

And yes, Meeks was OB on that jump ball call. The Zags would've been in a 2-for-1 position down 1, instead of UNC being given the 2-for-1 position up 1. That call by itself had to swing the win probability in UNC's favor at least 20-25%.

Dude, both teams squandered an unbelievable amount of opportunities. Karnowski shot 1-8 on 2 footers.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
adkindo wrote:
if Collins comes back, Zags will be preseason top 5...they have Corey Kispert coming in....only lose Matthews and Karnowski

He has some fire and I like his skills at his size.

Of couse, I am the same guy that was calling Ryan Kelly a potential jewel of his draft.

Delete this post and never, ever admit this again...
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

If Williams-Goss declares for the draft someone is going to get a steal. Dude is smart, has huge mitts, and is athletically underrated. He shut down Jackson even though he gave up 5 inches. He is a rich man's Derek Fisher. I would definitely take him before Dorsey or Brooks of Oregon.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
If Williams-Goss declares for the draft someone is going to get a steal. Dude is smart, has huge mitts, and is athletically underrated. He shut down Jackson even though he gave up 5 inches. He is a rich man's Derek Fisher. I would definitely take him before Dorsey or Brooks of Oregon.

Many short range chippies missed by him. He is a good college guard, not much beyond. 2nd string. These teams did not impress me in the least. Cheatolina ( I did not invent this term for UNC) really had no shooters. The NBA team that gets Jackson won't be happy. The Zags we're hindered by fouls (and we're choke city.)

What a crappy final game, controlled by the officials. And those nose-bleed seats... what a rip off. The NCAA should be dissolved for that staging (as well as allowing "Chestolina" to compete in this tournament.)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26
Jump to: