OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Cassano18 wrote:
lakerican wrote:
D'lo is the Carmelo Anthony of the Guards...

Excellent definition. He frequently plays like a superstar but rarely helps his team to win.

He can help his team win in the right environment, Carmelo with Woodson as his coach and Tyson as his C, and a defensive minded team, went two rounds deep in the East playoffs. DLO like Devin Booker can lead a team and be an all-star from that perspective for sure. He did it with the Nets last year, they made the playoffs. He is a very good player in this league.

However the Lakers have two ball dominant superstars, both making super max money. We need quality players around them that either make us complete on D or O, or both. DLO as a 3rd option making 25-30M is tough to sell in that situation. In contrast, look at what Rondo, Bradley and Kuzma brought yesterday. For 40% of the price DLO would have required you got a 3rd option in Kuzma, an elite QB playmaker and an elite defensive guard. This is what we needed, or a superstar that would have put us over the top on D or O (such as Kawhi on D, Durant on O if KD were healthy).

There is a fine line between saying DLO sucks has zero impact and that he is a great player. He is an impact player, and an all-star level player in this league.

I think we still would have money signing Bradley if we signed DLO with the max. We would miss out Cook, Green, KCP, Cousins and McGee etc. Yet we wouldn’t know who we would sign as replacements for those players. To be honest, except for Green, the rest of the players are not irreplaceable. DLO on this team would instantly make us one of the best offensive teams in the league. He can’t replace Green’s defence but with good team defence (Bradley, LBJ, AD, Howard), our defence would still be okay. Irving improved his defence in Boston, I think with less loading on the offensive end, DLO could improve his defence to certain degrees which he is not able to do in Golden States right now.

Bradley came to play with Rondo and through a connection with him. I do not know if these players come here knowing another guard is taking up such a big role. Bradley is getting a lot of the plays that DLO would have. Essentially that is DLOs role, only DLO would do it better on offense with a higher usage. Rondo for sure would not have been back. So I think we would have probably gone into the season with Cook, Caruso, DLO, Daniels sort of guard rotation. Which is very good in certain regards, but I do not think defensively we would have the talent we have now, and I think Danny Green is the best shooter on the team by far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
I mean even with your Irving comparison. Its not a very good one. Irving just left a Boston team that flourished as soon as he left. He's not a very good leader. He's a good closer. Is he better than DLO? A million times yes. There is no debate about that. Was DLO the main reason Nets did well last season? Not a chance. He was great for the Nets, no question about it, but there were many cogs to the machine that let Nets play the way they did. Irving does botch up things too. Anyways, you're jumping around. I never said DLO was a bad player; but Lakers have never really paid max money for guys like DLO who don't really deserve it in the grand scheme of things. A max star IMO is someone like an Anthony Davis. DLO is a trap of a contract. As the poster above me said... at 20 mill, he would have been a good grab. At 28, lol have fun being the new Clippers of the West.

Sorry man, you can clearly have your opinion but DeAngelo being the main man, reason and motor of BKN run last year is basically a fact.

It's proven by the numbers and agreed by any NBA analyst, as well as by the 76ers defensive gameplan in the 1st round of the playoff.

He wasn't lmao. He was a main piece, not the sole contributor. Even in the playoffs, Nets went on their major runs when DLO was on the bench. I saw the playoffs, I dont need to listen to an ESPN twitter commentator. DLO had a couple decent games at most in that playoff run.

I said "main reason", not the only reason.
Last year he was as much key for BKN as Harden was for HOU or Wesbrook for OKC.
That's the kind of contribution we are talking about.
Every metric confirms that, as well as the eye test for those who watched BKN during the regular season.

And re the playoff, atkinson made a mistake in the rotations leaving DeAngelo as the only offensive threat in the starting five (given that Harris was awful during the playoff) while Lavert and Dinwiddie were paired togheter.
He changed that in g4 or g5 iirc, but it was too late and in any case PHI was clearly a much better team than BKN.

You keep talking about "every metric". Which ones? Id love to see some of them. Fact is Brooklyn was made up of a bunch a guys that wanted to prove themselves. No, DLO isnt on the same output as a Harden on that team lol. The team just had that dog mentality from 1 to almost the last guy. And I watched every playoff game, it was pretty funny see every Nets run made by DLO on the bench. I guess every metric and eye test will confirm that. And you think DLO at 28 mill with LeBron and AD on the team will be beneficial to this team? Baha I'm just glad Pelinka saw otherwise.

Last edited by AirTupac on Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Cassano18 wrote:
lakerican wrote:

Excellent definition. He frequently plays like a superstar but rarely helps his team to win.

He can help his team win in the right environment, Carmelo with Woodson as his coach and Tyson as his C, and a defensive minded team, went two rounds deep in the East playoffs. DLO like Devin Booker can lead a team and be an all-star from that perspective for sure. He did it with the Nets last year, they made the playoffs. He is a very good player in this league.

However the Lakers have two ball dominant superstars, both making super max money. We need quality players around them that either make us complete on D or O, or both. DLO as a 3rd option making 25-30M is tough to sell in that situation. In contrast, look at what Rondo, Bradley and Kuzma brought yesterday. For 40% of the price DLO would have required you got a 3rd option in Kuzma, an elite QB playmaker and an elite defensive guard. This is what we needed, or a superstar that would have put us over the top on D or O (such as Kawhi on D, Durant on O if KD were healthy).

There is a fine line between saying DLO sucks has zero impact and that he is a great player. He is an impact player, and an all-star level player in this league.

I think we still would have money signing Bradley if we signed DLO with the max. We would miss out Cook, Green, KCP, Cousins and McGee etc. Yet we wouldn’t know who we would sign as replacements for those players. To be honest, except for Green, the rest of the players are not irreplaceable. DLO on this team would instantly make us one of the best offensive teams in the league. He can’t replace Green’s defence but with good team defence (Bradley, LBJ, AD, Howard), our defence would still be okay. Irving improved his defence in Boston, I think with less loading on the offensive end, DLO could improve his defence to certain degrees which he is not able to do in Golden States right now.

Bradley came to play with Rondo and through a connection with him. I do not know if these players come here knowing another guard is taking up such a big role. Bradley is getting a lot of the plays that DLO would have. Essentially that is DLOs role, only DLO would do it better on offense with a higher usage. Rondo for sure would not have been back. So I think we would have probably gone into the season with Cook, Caruso, DLO, Daniels sort of guard rotation. Which is very good in certain regards, but I do not think defensively we would have the talent we have now, and I think Danny Green is the best shooter on the team by far.

Bradley would still be on the starting lineup along with DLO but I don't know how much Rondo's influence is on him.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Cassano18 wrote:
lakerican wrote:

Bradley would still be on the starting lineup along with DLO but I don't know how much Rondo's influence is on him.

Bradley literally said Rondo was a huge reason why he came here. AD said Rondo had a similar influence, not as big as Bradley's obviously.

Bradley: "he is part of the reason why I came here."
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

^
DLO would be the primary ballhandler of the two, meaning the Lakers likely would look for a spot up shooter vs Bradley, who is a bit of a ballhandler himself. It could work, but I think players know where the opportunities are. Bradley is likely going to opt out at year's end and go look for a bigger longer contract. This is what he saw with the Lakers, a chance to be the 2nd ballhandler behind AD/Lebron, Green spotting up next to him, and having those chances to shine to earn a ring and a big contract. I do not think he sees the same chances being next to a 3rd star in DLO. That is just my opinion though, as I do not know what they think, but it makes sense to me that a guy that wants a big contract would want to evaluate the role, and the role was there in LA for him with the way the team is currently constructed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

Good signings as of today:

D39
Dudley
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
I mean even with your Irving comparison. Its not a very good one. Irving just left a Boston team that flourished as soon as he left. He's not a very good leader. He's a good closer. Is he better than DLO? A million times yes. There is no debate about that. Was DLO the main reason Nets did well last season? Not a chance. He was great for the Nets, no question about it, but there were many cogs to the machine that let Nets play the way they did. Irving does botch up things too. Anyways, you're jumping around. I never said DLO was a bad player; but Lakers have never really paid max money for guys like DLO who don't really deserve it in the grand scheme of things. A max star IMO is someone like an Anthony Davis. DLO is a trap of a contract. As the poster above me said... at 20 mill, he would have been a good grab. At 28, lol have fun being the new Clippers of the West.

Sorry man, you can clearly have your opinion but DeAngelo being the main man, reason and motor of BKN run last year is basically a fact.

It's proven by the numbers and agreed by any NBA analyst, as well as by the 76ers defensive gameplan in the 1st round of the playoff.

He wasn't lmao. He was a main piece, not the sole contributor. Even in the playoffs, Nets went on their major runs when DLO was on the bench. I saw the playoffs, I dont need to listen to an ESPN twitter commentator. DLO had a couple decent games at most in that playoff run.

Every metric confirms that, as well as the eye test for those who watched BKN during the regular season.

And re the playoff, atkinson made a mistake in the rotations leaving DeAngelo as the only offensive threat in the starting five (given that Harris was awful during the playoff) while Lavert and Dinwiddie were paired togheter.
He changed that in g4 or g5 iirc, but it was too late and in any case PHI was clearly a much better team than BKN.

You keep talking about "every metric". Which ones? Id love to see some of them. Fact is Brooklyn was made up of a bunch a guys that wanted to prove themselves. No, DLO isnt on the same output as a Harden on that team lol. The team just had that dog mentality from 1 to almost the last guy. And I watched every playoff game, it was pretty funny see every Nets run made by DLO on the bench. I guess every metric and eye test will confirm that. And you think DLO at 28 mill with LeBron and AD on the team will be beneficial to this team? Baha I'm just glad Pelinka saw otherwise.

Highest USG%, PER and VORP of the team.
Are those not enough to you?

And no, I don't think that DeAngelo would be a good fit with lebron and davis, but it doesn't mean denying he is one of the most promising young stars of the entire league.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

And no, I don't think that DeAngelo would be a good fit with lebron and davis, but it doesn't mean denying he is one of the most promising young stars of the entire league.

So you'll just pick and choose which stats to use without going in depth with them eh lmao. What about wins per share? What about his defensive stats which are puke. What about his TS %? 21 points on 19 shots. These are not elite. DLO would have been a good grab at 20 mill. And an absolute disaster if he's your max guy.

DLO is just another scorer in a league inflated on the offensive end. He was on a team that barely had said scorers and put up points on almost a similar amount of shots. How many guys do you want me to list that can do similar things on a team that wasn't mean to do much? DLO is pretty much what he is at this point, a volume scorer on meh percentages at best who is a below average defender.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

DLO is on a lower tier than guys like Doncic/Trae etc.

I'd even take Ja Morant over DLO. So... is he really one of the most talented young players when theres a handful of young guys who are even younger than DLO that are on another tier than him? He's a good scorer. No need to overhype him.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

So you'll just pick and choose which stats to use without going in depth with them eh lmao. What about wins per share? What about his defensive stats which are puke. What about his TS %? 21 points on 19 shots. These are not elite. DLO would have been a good grab at 20 mill. And an absolute disaster if he's your max guy.

DLO is just another scorer in a league inflated on the offensive end. He was on a team that barely had said scorers and put up points on almost a similar amount of shots. How many guys do you want me to list that can do similar things on a team that wasn't mean to do much? DLO is pretty much what he is at this point, a volume scorer on meh percentages at best who is a below average defender.

His WS was behind harris, allen and davis.
I could suggest you to go and check which % of the basket made by those 3 was assisted by DeAngelo, but it would be pointless, cause this discussion is going nowhere.

I got the feeling that you will deny no matter what.

Saying that DeAngelo is just a volume scorer really means not having seen a single BKN game last year, at least that's what it looks like to me.

Keep thinking what you want of him, I don't care.

He's not a laker anymore, so you won, I guess
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

21 points on 19 shots.

I was a DLO fan but I'm glad we moved on from him.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

GM of the year IMO so far, all the signing are working exactly to the reason why they were signed

-AD superstar monster on D and changed the culture of the Lakers
-Dwight and Mcgee's D are phenomenal
-Bradley head is the snake on D (Hound)
-Green and Daniel much needed 3pt shooting
-Kuz is back after a slow start
-Rondo much needed playmaker help (You can see AD-Rondo in sync in games)
-Caruso hustle and D (Better than Hart IMO now)
-THT, Kostas & Norvell very nice prospect
-Dudley very good glue vet
-KCP finally producing result from his energey and D
-Cook is the only one missing atm, but I feel confident he will find his way.
-Vogel and coaching staff very impress on the D and in-game adjustment. Looks like a well run team with the limited time together.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

The Kawhi Leonard drama left us with few players to build the team and he was able to build a far better team than last year's. Then Cousins' injury seemed as we had a curse and with his signing of Howard it almost seems that Cousins' injury was a blessing in disguise which I'm sure no one expected in August.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
21 points on 19 shots.

I don’t think it’s quite fair to judge his usage or efficiency while he’s carrying a G-League team in the West.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
21 points on 19 shots.

I don’t think it’s quite fair to judge his usage or efficiency while he’s carrying a G-League team in the West.

True, gotta at least use last years stats.

21.1 PPG on 18.7 FGA
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

DLo's ideal role is as the Lou Williams of a championship team. I don't think he has the consistency or efficiency to be a #2, and hell no to a #1.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ocho wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
21 points on 19 shots.

True, gotta at least use last years stats.

21.1 PPG on 18.7 FGA

And while that team was better than this year’s Warriors, he was still tasked with taking a young, inexperienced Nets team to the playoffs (which he did). His role on this team would have been different and the scoring load wouldn’t be so squarely in his shoulders.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
The Kawhi Leonard drama left us with few players to build the team and he was able to build a far better team than last year's. Then Cousins' injury seemed as we had a curse and with his signing of Howard it almost seems that Cousins' injury was a blessing in disguise which I'm sure no one expected in August.

Well last year’s team was a lottery team, so adding AD to it should make us better.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Well last year’s team was a lottery team, so adding AD to it should make us better.

I meant the FA signings
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Grateful that Pelinka rid himself with that buffoon Magic Johnson, he was a hindrance to this teams overall success.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakers/status/1196554033088974849?s=21

Lots of chemistry oozing from that top left pic.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Yep. Saw that one. I'm glad McGee likes Rob
Only issue w/ the pic: who's in the shadows behind AC?

ps: KCP is tall!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Yep. Saw that one. I'm glad McGee likes Rob
Only issue w/ the pic: who's in the shadows behind AC?

ps: KCP is tall!!

Rich Paul’s associate

He’s low key recruiting Caruso.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject:

What I love about Rob is his professionalism. Dude has built the best team in the league and he stays in the background. No interviews, no nothing.

If Magic were still here, he would be on every TV network gloating about how he's built a future dynasty.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject:

Looks like frank doesn't skip leg day. Impressive calves for a coach. Just sayin.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 105 of 243
Jump to: