OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

I think Rob is going to emerge triumphant from all this, and I don't even like him, but I think there's an awful lot of unfounded and over-the-top criticism here. We'll find out soon enough what's actually happening.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:

How about this....

1. RP knew about the date and brought it up during negotiations. He asked for the 30th.
2. Pelicans say no way knowing that will provide Lakers with the max slot. They want to make sure Lakers don't sign a max player this summer on top of getting AD. They keep negotiating but no-one budges.
3. In the mean time, RP finds another way to get the deal done on the 6th while keeping the max slot without telling Griffin.
4. He lines up Jones for a guaranteed contract knowing he will be traded with Mo and Bonga.
5. RP goes to Griffin and says okay let's do it. ESPN gets the news.
6. Now RP is implementing his Plan B which he knew he had to do during negotiations to keep the max slot.

Isn't that more logical especially since we heard about Jones middle of last week?

This is the most likely and most logical actual sequence of things. Good post dude!

A problem with this logic is they went back after the trade and tried to get the 30 day thing covered. And are still trying with NO. Not something you do if you knew that avenue was closed.

Says who? Ramona, Woj, the media? That's the million dollar question.

Sometimes the media makes things up to create a story or an angle.

I would just sit tight and let it play out.

More like media makes stuff up if it’s not the narrative you wanna hear.

Plashcke said he spoke to Laker’s people, Ramona said she actually had to make some calls to verify too: http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=27010781&cast=2682382

ESPN and LA Times 2 different sources saying the same things: Lakers acting like they had no idea or forgot about the date.

This is turning into the political term "Fake News". When is it fake and when is it not. I know an orange skinned dude that always claim fake news when he doesn't like it.

I for one am not saying fake news. I am just saying no point getting so riled up over it since it is all speculation or "I talked to someone who overheard a telephone conversation". Let it play out.

My original post starts off with "How about this"......That's just as inaccurate as Ramona and Woj speculating based on what they have heard through the grapevine.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Our own emplay is killing Rob on 710

What's he saying?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Our own emplay is killing Rob on 710

What's he saying?

Except for the "I'm a better capologist than you" attitude, he did say this:

https://twitter.com/thelakersreview/status/1141508639766671360?s=21
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
I think Rob is going to emerge triumphant from all this, and I don't even like him, but I think there's an awful lot of unfounded and over-the-top criticism here. We'll find out soon enough what's actually happening.

Ballmer allegedly has spent millions on public relations, which includes slander against the Lakers.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:

How about this....

1. RP knew about the date and brought it up during negotiations. He asked for the 30th.
2. Pelicans say no way knowing that will provide Lakers with the max slot. They want to make sure Lakers don't sign a max player this summer on top of getting AD. They keep negotiating but no-one budges.
3. In the mean time, RP finds another way to get the deal done on the 6th while keeping the max slot without telling Griffin.
4. He lines up Jones for a guaranteed contract knowing he will be traded with Mo and Bonga.
6. Now RP is implementing his Plan B which he knew he had to do during negotiations to keep the max slot.

Isn't that more logical especially since we heard about Jones middle of last week?

This is the most likely and most logical actual sequence of things. Good post dude!

A problem with this logic is they went back after the trade and tried to get the 30 day thing covered. And are still trying with NO. Not something you do if you knew that avenue was closed.

Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:

How about this....

Says who? What source? There's so many contradicting reports, they're all unsourced rumors
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:

How about this....

Says who? What source? There's so many contradicting reports, they're all unsourced rumors

So are you saying it’s impossible to include a execution date between the two parties?
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject:

If it is a possibility Day then why wasn’t it included in the negotiations? The Lakers gave more then enough to be able to negotiate that in!!! It’s that simple. He either forgot in which it wouldn’t surprise me or he was absolutely out negotiatied for the position the NO were in! Either way pretty embarrassing IMO
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Rob is the same guy that found a loop hole to get Harden more money. What is more realistic is Lakers finally had to relent before Boston changed their mind.

Look if it is Kawhi great, but beyond him they need players and perhaps better to sign multiple guys instead

It will be interesting how this plays out.

This. If Boston gets a deal in place, who knows what kind of team they could put together.

Tatum, Smart, and Baynes total up to about 24 million, Boston has the 2020 Memphis pick, plus their own three picks from this years draft, and all of their future picks. Could we risk a Horford/AD/Kyrie/Brown/Hayward lineup forming in Boston, assuming they all stay together?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:
Rob is the same guy that found a loop hole to get Harden more money. What is more realistic is Lakers finally had to relent before Boston changed their mind.

Look if it is Kawhi great, but beyond him they need players and perhaps better to sign multiple guys instead

It will be interesting how this plays out.

This. If Boston gets a deal in place, who knows what kind of team they could put together.

Tatum, Smart, and Baynes total up to about 24 million, Boston has the 2020 Memphis pick, plus their own three picks from this years draft, and all of their future picks. Could we risk a Horford/AD/Kyrie/Brown/Hayward lineup forming in Boston, assuming they all stay together?

Kyrie is gone, and supposedly has already told Boston he won't be returning.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm old enough to remember Jerry West trading Anthony Peeler and George Lynch along with 2-3 second round picks to the Vancouver Grizzlies for a bag of chips to clear space to sign Shaq.

More recently I remember Utah taking Andries Beidrins and Richard Jefferson with picks so Golden State could sign Iguodala.

At the time of that Peeler/Lynch trade I remember thinking why would the Grizzlies help the Lakers get Shaq like that.

I summised at a young age that there are forces at play that enable the league's most popular team to stay relevant. I'm convinced of this.

I don't know if the Lakers will succeed at carving out 30 mill, my guess is no because "the gift" has already been granted (Davis), so "they"may not want to make things appear too obvious.

Even with only 20 mill in space, they're still good. It's not that deep. It'll force them to fill out the roster properly instead trying to make another splash, which is a blessing in disguise.

If Derrick Rose is able to play with James, not completely convinced, he should be the target as the team's third option and designated penetrator and "don't leave him alone" guy. They could probably get him for a hair under MLE (around 8 mill per).

Danny Green should be Rose's backcourt mate. He shoots well and defends and has championship pedigree. Nuff said. You pay him MLE money and it's "bread from the heavens".

With the remaining 5 mill in space you convince Taj Gibson to take less than his other offers and come to the Lakers for a ring. I think he'd be down, especially with his partner Rose on the squad as well.

PG - Rose - Caruso
SG - Green - Pope
C - Davis - Gibson
PF - James - Kuzma
SF - Bullock - Ariza
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:

How about this....

Says who? Ramona, Woj, the media? That's the million dollar question.

Sometimes the media makes things up to create a story or an angle.

I would just sit tight and let it play out.

More like media makes stuff up if it’s not the narrative you wanna hear.

Plashcke said he spoke to Laker’s people, Ramona said she actually had to make some calls to verify too: http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=27010781&cast=2682382

ESPN and LA Times 2 different sources saying the same things: Lakers acting like they had no idea or forgot about the date.

This is turning into the political term "Fake News". When is it fake and when is it not. I know an orange skinned dude that always claim fake news when he doesn't like it.

I for one am not saying fake news. I am just saying no point getting so riled up over it since it is all speculation or "I talked to someone who overheard a telephone conversation". Let it play out.

My original post starts off with "How about this"......That's just as inaccurate as Ramona and Woj speculating based on what they have heard through the grapevine.

Fake news or not, it is a fact that the Lakers traded so many assets and yet still don't have max space and 2nd rounders. A sign of incompetence.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:

How about this....

Is it possible that Rob, reportedly needing the ok from Kurt Rambis (according to our Reddit insider), brought the proposal to Kurt without telling him there wouldn't be $32M available?

According to the insider, Kurt wasn't overly thrilled with the deal, but agreed. According to new reports, the Lakers are now scrambling to move up the date, but it would seem pathetic if Rob were the one making those overtures.

So I'm asking, do the sources specify where/who this request to delay the trade is coming from?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Bol wrote:

Ballmer allegedly has spent millions on public relations, which includes slander against the Lakers.

Imagine what he can get his cronies to spend to promote Kawhi. Business-wise he leaves the Buss kids in the dust.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Bol wrote:

Imagine what he can get his cronies to spend to promote Kawhi. Business-wise he leaves the Buss kids in the dust.

The best businessman in the NBA picked the Lakers over the Clippers, so he probably isn't that great. Yet to land a big Free agent.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
Day wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:

How about this....

Is it possible that Rob, reportedly needing the ok from Kurt Rambis (according to our Reddit insider), brought the proposal to Kurt without telling him there wouldn't be $32M available?

According to the insider, Kurt wasn't overly thrilled with the deal, but agreed. According to new reports, the Lakers are now scrambling to move up the date, but it would seem pathetic if Rob were the one making those overtures.

So I'm asking, do the sources specify where/who this request to delay the trade is coming from?

For a trade that will have such a huge impact on the franchise, there should have been pro forma projections for the team salary and Jeanie should have been in the meeting as well.

Even if Jeanie and the Rambis crew know very little about the CBA, they should know enough about the concepts to ask Pelinka if there was going to be enough cap space available for a max salary slot. There are quite a few members on LG who know enough to ask that question.
wsjan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
So are you saying it’s impossible to include a execution date between the two parties?

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeForum/status/1140722399056453632
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

wsjan wrote:
Quote:

Question would be, could they put a contingency on this trade to be executed on the 30th? If it’s possible then Palinka knowing the cap should of made that a priority!! That’s to much money to waste and we gave up a ton to of earn the right to wait! If they wanted to shop the pick then the other team could of waited. IMO
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
wsjan wrote:
Quote:

Question would be, could they put a contingency on this trade to be executed on the 30th? If it’s possible then Palinka knowing the cap should of made that a priority!! That’s to much money to waste and we gave up a ton to of earn the right to wait! If they wanted to shop the pick then the other team could of waited. IMO

100%.

Rob just says to Griffin, we won't have space to absorb AD into salary cap space. This trade will need to happen as an over the cap team.

Boom. They didn't even discuss the dates, however, the only way the trade then happens is after the 4th pick turns into salary.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
realking24 wrote:
wsjan wrote:
Quote:

100%.

Rob just says to Griffin, we won't have space to absorb AD into salary cap space. This trade will need to happen as an over the cap team.

Boom. They didn't even discuss the dates, however, the only way the trade then happens is after the 4th pick turns into salary.

Exactly
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Isn't Shelburne a mouthpiece for Jeanie? I'm surprised she's criticizing Pelinka on air.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Isn't Shelburne a mouthpiece for Jeanie? I'm surprised she's criticizing Pelinka on air.

She's shut out. Rob isnt leaking anything.
She's guessing.
We'll have to see how tomorrow goes.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

She's guessing.

If she's Jeanie's lapdog, wouldn't she go along with keeping quiet instead of throwing him under the bus? Or are you saying Jeanie herself is shut out?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
epak wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

She's guessing.

If she's Jeanie's lapdog, wouldn't she go along with keeping quiet instead of throwing him under the bus?

I'm saying I dont think she is.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 75 of 243
Jump to: