Paul George Not Ready To Commit To Extension With Pacers; Demarcus Cousins wants to sign long-term contract with Kings
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Paul George Not Ready To Commit To Extension With Pacers; Demarcus Cousins wants to sign long-term contract with Kings

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/244947/Paul-George-Not-Ready-To-Commit-To-Extension-With-Pacers

We can't miss this chance.

Last edited by rogers49 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Did you see the reason?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

We need to be a winning team if that's going to happen. So we'd need to be a winning team by 2018.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Paul George Not Ready To Commit To Extension With Pacers

rogers49 wrote:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/244947/Paul-George-Not-Ready-To-Commit-To-Extension-With-Pacers

In 2018 that is because we are not trading for him without an extension In place. Also him and Ingram plays the same position so that's another problem.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Paul George Not Ready To Commit To Extension With Pacers

fontana3d wrote:
rogers49 wrote:

In 2018 that is because we are not trading for him without an extension In place. Also him and Ingram plays the same position so that's another problem.

Both can play 2 or 3. I don't see that being an issue
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
We need to be a winning team if that's going to happen. So we'd need to be a winning team by 2018.

or trade for him now and spend the next 2 years putting pieces around him...

I'm sure Boston is going to make a very strong push for him as would a team like OKC so it would be tough but I'd find a way to acquire him and still preserve cap space and try to pair he and Hayward this summer. Ingram, Randle, Clarkson, Lou, Future 2nds. Or if we got that pick, move that.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Magic, do your magic (now or when it'll be).
We want him in P&G.

Last edited by rogers49 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zbyz54u

Get it done, Mitchell
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
George could possibly be offered a five-year, $219 million extension this offseason by the Pacers.

Is this a typo or is it really 219 million?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Quote:
George could possibly be offered a five-year, $219 million extension this offseason by the Pacers.

Is this a typo or is it really 219 million?

Yes, and he's not committed to sign for it.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Until his mama slaps him upside his head. I don't see any elites leaving that type of money on the table.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Until his mama slaps him upside his head. I don't see any elites leaving that type of money on the table.

Yep. I'll believe it when I see it.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

We're nowhere close to the playoffs let alone contending. Not even considering this as a possibility for us.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Otherwise:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/244942/DeMarcus-Cousins-Plans-To-Remain-With-Kings-Sign-Long-Term-Extension
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

I mean, if he won't sign an extension with the Pacers because they aren't winning enough, what makes anyone think he would sign an extension with us before his becomes UFA in 2018? In other words, we can't risk trading most of our assets for him. It would be ludicrous.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I mean, if he won't sign an extension with the Pacers because they aren't winning enough, what makes anyone think he would sign an extension with us before his becomes UFA in 2018? In other words, we can't risk trading most of our assets for him. It would be ludicrous.

Pacers without him are by far worst than the Lakers.
And PG is a LA boy.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

No chance unless this team becomes 2009-2010 OKC by next season
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

I'll save you the trouble: Most of us have resigned ourselves to the fact that PG13 is leaving us barring a title run come 2018 where that takes him I don't know.

I would prefer it be the Lakers rather than alongside LeBron....
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I'm sure Boston is going to make a very strong push for him as would a team like OKC so it would be tough but I'd find a way to acquire him and still preserve cap space and try to pair he and Hayward this summer. Ingram, Randle, Clarkson, Lou, Future 2nds. Or if we got that pick, move that.

Yes trade for him now and put him in the same position he's gonna walk away from in Indiana....
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I'll save you the trouble: Most of us have resigned ourselves to the fact that PG13 is leaving us barring a title run come 2018 where that takes him I don't know.

I would prefer it be the Lakers rather than alongside LeBron....

I can see him going to Cleveland if he's serious about winning. Old man LeBron+Kyrie+PG13+TT+Shumpert. Damn.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yes trade for him now and put him in the same position he's gonna walk away from in Indiana....

it's far from the same situation. Besides, we'd have 2 years to add around him.

Hypothetically, let's say we keep our pick and this summer offer... Ingram + Pick + Lou.

Clears enough space to approach Hayward with another all star.

Zu/Mozzy
Nance/Randle
George/Deng
Hayward/____
Russell/JC

Again, that all hinges on getting the pick, but the value is fair and I think it would be an enticing situation for Gordon.

If we don't have the pick or don't want to trade the pick; Ingram, Randle, JC, Lou, future 2nds for PG. Not as attractive as Ingram + lotto pick but could be doable... maybe.

You think that's the same situation as Pacers? I think not.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:
2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Hypothetically, let's say we keep our pick and this summer offer... Ingram + Pick + Lou.

Zu/Mozzy
Nance/Randle
George/Deng
Hayward/____
Russell/JC

Again, that all hinges on getting the pick, but the value is fair and I think it would be an enticing situation for Gordon.

If we don't have the pick or don't want to trade the pick; Ingram, Randle, JC, Lou, future 2nds for PG. Not as attractive as Ingram + lotto pick but could be doable... maybe.

That's more contingent on Hayward coming. If he doesn't, we look like idiots for making that trade.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:
2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Zu/Mozzy
Nance/Randle
George/Deng
Hayward/____
Russell/JC

That's more contingent on Hayward coming. If he doesn't, we look like idiots for making that trade.

True. No argument there but there are other free agents to pursue as well .
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

got to learn to crawl before we can walk. I was hoping our FA acquisitions this past offseason would get us very near or into the playoffs - if that were happening i would say, yeah, we could be in the running for a trade or a top FA acquisition this coming season. But our cap-space seems to have been pretty much wasted. and were back to square one - with less cap space.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:
2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Zu/Mozzy
Nance/Randle
George/Deng
Hayward/____
Russell/JC

I'd keep the pick and trade Russell if possible, plus try moving Randle for a backup PG + future pick.

Zu/Moz/Black
Deng/Nance
George/Hayward
Hayward/JC
Fultz/___

I like this.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: