Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

mods stickying promotional material to their own websites that's gotta be some conflict of interest type stuff right there!

congrats on the launch GT, wish you all the success
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Good stuff!

2nd best Lakers site ever!!!!

(Obviously I'm LG biased )
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

First new video up should be tracking every screen Zubac set tonight. It was a thing of beauty all night creating open looks.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Nice my man. Hope it does well.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject:

LG is easily the greatest basketball forum on the internet. The wealth of knowledge here is crazy.

GT, that website is looking DOPE.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject:

@fiendish,
I'm interested in the Hornets comparison you made. Was their sterling defensive performance in '13-'14 really just a matter of hammering down the small details?

I always did wonder how a team with Al Jefferson was such a good defensive team, but I mostly chalked it up to Clifford being a good coach and leaving it up to that.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
@fiendish,
I'm interested in the Hornets comparison you made. Was their sterling defensive performance in '13-'14 really just a matter of hammering down the small details?

I always did wonder how a team with Al Jefferson was such a good defensive team, but I mostly chalked it up to Clifford being a good coach and leaving it up to that.

Pretty much. I used them as an example of what can be achieved if you just cut down on mistakes, not what I think the Lakers will become. Now their scheme was pretty much designed to reduce those mistakes, and then play the percentages - there's a ceiling on how far that approach gets you, even though they finished 5th in efficiency in the regular season. (The environment was a bit different back then too as teams were not as well equipped to handle soft coverages on the PnR.) They did have Biyombo coming off the bench and pretty good size at the wings top to bottom, if not a whole lot of offense.

Luke has been more ambitious in mixing up his coverages, with the switches and different looks for different teams. Sometimes the roster just couldn't handle it. Plus, the team isn't very well equipped to deal with the kind of injuries that they've been having, with the mix of undersized players filling out the bench. The hope is that next year they can fill these holes, have some natural growth, and also have developed some good habits to build on.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject:

This is so awesome, GT! Major congrats!
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

Oh man, I love the site! Thanks for sharing!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

Reading the excellent article on defense has changed my perspective a lot about where our weaknesses on interior defense reside. It's not all on Mozgov, Randle and DLO need to start playing their roles more effectively.

It is interesting that a young kid like Zubac can come in and erase the mistakes in ways that Mozgov can't, but if all of our players were on the same page, with proper reads, communication, understanding of their role in a given situation, and effort, then we wouldn't need to rely on our center as much to erase such a multitude of mistakes in the first place.

edit - not just Randle/DLO falling short here - all of our guards
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

So Fiendish is an important person, eh?
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Awesome. I see you are using LG like the NCAA, finding talent.

Yeah, but we're just team managers.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
LG is easily the greatest basketball forum on the internet. The wealth of knowledge here is crazy.

GT, that website is looking DOPE.

That's right!

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Congrats, Fiendish! The interwebs need more knowledge like this and fewer hot takes!

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Fan question!

What's the worst case scenario for each player from our young core? DLO, JC, Bingram, JR, Gary Lance, Zu, and Tarik. What are their floors?
It's easy to see their ceilings when they play well.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakerfilmroom.com (Amazing article by fiendishoc in the OP)

GoldenThroat wrote:
Very excited to announce the launch of lakerfilmroom.com. Here are a few of the specifics:

Fiendish's article: The Long Road Toward a Respectable Lakers Defense: This is INCREDIBLE work by our dude. He put weeks of effort into this, and it's nothing short of brilliant.

Offense by Set Data: I've tracked & charted every Laker possession this year, and these are the results by each play that they run. This has a "to the best of my ability" disclaimer to it, but every play is hyperlinked so that you can learn what the action is. http://lakerfilmroom.com/offense-by-set/

Tox will have an excellent piece on Brandon Ingram coming out soon. Enjoy the site, y'all. (and then come back to LG to chat...there won't be a forum on my site)

Good Stuff!
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Favorite Obscure Laker: Glen Rice

3 X All-Star and MVP of an All-Star game is obscure? Come on, Mike Penburthy would have done nicely here.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

3 X All-Star and MVP of an All-Star game is obscure? Come on, Mike Penburthy would have done nicely here.

Yeah, I gave him (bleep) about that too.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Ivica Zubac Has Elite Potential in the Pick & Roll

Quote:
Bigs are taught to “lock” the defender’s foot in by placing their own foot above it, and Zubac does exactly that with his right foot. This technique assures that contact is made. Denver likes to soft hedge on screens, with the big hanging back in the paint, relying on the guard to go over the top of the screen and provide back pressure on the pull-up jumper. By making solid contact via a quality foot-lock, Zubac assures an open jump shot for his teammate.

http://lakerfilmroom.com/ivica-zubac-elite-potential-pick-roll/
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, well... he is obscure because he did not do what was anticipated (and fell out of visibility as a result.). Glen was fairly one dimensional when he arrived at the Lakers, and his quickness (never terrific) was evaporating game by game. And if I recall correctly (dunno for sure) I think he displayed a bit of attitude (or maybe self-loathing at his sub-standard performance.). In his prime he used to shoot daggers into other team's hearts.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Favorite Obscure Laker:

Trevor Wilson

That was the craziest youth movement starting line up I've ever seen.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Quote:
Bigs are taught to “lock” the defender’s foot in by placing their own foot above it, and Zubac does exactly that with his right foot. This technique assures that contact is made. Denver likes to soft hedge on screens, with the big hanging back in the paint, relying on the guard to go over the top of the screen and provide back pressure on the pull-up jumper. By making solid contact via a quality foot-lock, Zubac assures an open jump shot for his teammate.

Wow I wish Randle were this quick to pick up on P&R techniques. (screening in particular) Then again, to be fair to JR, there was almost no emphasis on training last year. Regardless, Zu's starting to look like a fast learner, based on technique, reads, and how he's attacking his role as a screener.

Now lets see if he can start picking up on Screen/roll defense. I know this guy is a young rookie but so far the Lakers have fared just fine with him on the floor. Keep learning young man!

Seeing Zu's development as a player takes a LOT of the sting out of losing these past few games!!
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Quote:

Wow I wish Randle were this quick to pick up on P&R techniques. (screening in particular) Then again, to be fair to JR, there was almost no emphasis on training last year. Regardless, Zu's starting to look like a fast learner, based on technique, reads, and how he's attacking his role as a screener.

Now lets see if he can start picking up on Screen/roll defense. I know this guy is a young rookie but so far the Lakers have fared just fine with him on the floor. Keep learning young man!

Seeing Zu's development as a player takes a LOT of the sting out of losing these past few games!!

They teach these things better in Europe from a young age.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Quote:

They teach these things better in Europe from a young age.

When youth coaches get a talent like Julius Randle, I feel like they often use him and give very little back.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 2 of 93
Jump to: