Better Call Saul - Season 3 - Returns April 10th! (Hidden "Spoiler" Inside)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:51 am    Post subject:

Amazing last sequence. Real tense. Imo Lalo didn't buy that story even after Kim lashed out on him. He admired that those two protected each other because they are family. Like how Lola said to Hector Salamanca "Family is everything".
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
A thing that's puzzled me. Fring got his face blown off in BB. Where do he and Hector fit in the timeline in BCS?

Based on some other things that were said I think we're still before the events of BB. Lalo told Hector his nephew, Tuco, would be getting out of prison soon. Tuco was Walt and Jesse's first real contact with the cartel when they approached him to be a distributor for they're blue meth because they couldn't sell it fast enough on their own. That was halfway into S1 of BB.

Fring doesn't appear in BB until near the end of S2. By then, his lab is finished and ready to go into production. Perhaps at some point in S6 of BCS, events will run parallel to S1 of BB.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject:

Another thing I noticed. Jimmy’s Esteem (the car) dies and then he’s basically the most broken he’s ever been. That car was the last of Jimmy’s belief in Jimmy and it’s when he has to go all in on Saul.

We also saw Jesse and Walt get new cars when they went through a transitional period.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
Amazing last sequence. Real tense. Imo Lalo didn't buy that story even after Kim lashed out on him. He admired that those two protected each other because they are family. Like how Lola said to Hector Salamanca "Family is everything".

I think she has him second guessing his own people now, which means Nacho is probably in his crosshairs.

Last edited by Ted on Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Another thing I noticed. Jimmy’s Esteem (the car) dies and then he’s basically the most broken he’s ever been. That car was the last of Jimmy’s belief in Jimmy and it’s when he has to go all in on Saul.

We also saw Jesse and Walt get new cars when they went through a transitional period.

Enter Saul's Cadillac. Jimmy's Esteem >>> Saul's Cadillac

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
The scene with Saul, Lalo, and Kim. Perfection. Television doesn't get better than that.

I now hope she somehow survives this and reunites with him in the present.

Did Kim impress Lalo so much that he begins to turn to her over Jimmy for legal help?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:29 am    Post subject:

Just saw the last episode. Those last 5 minutes...jaysis!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
I thought it was Juan Bolsa that sent the guys so Lalo would stay in prison.

That's what Fring said to Mike after getting off the phone with Bolsa. I think you're right.

There is no "I think", Gus confirmed it was Bolsa that sent the men. Bolsa probably got tipped off by the guy that handed the money to the twin assassins. Right after they left he called someone and said you might be interested in ....

Yeah, the question is who was a he calling. And Bolsa is the only thing that makes sense.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Just saw the last episode. Those last 5 minutes...jaysis!

Yep. The dynamic in the Lalo/Jimmy/Kim relationship just did cartwheels. Lalo has gone from a dismissive yet respectful view of Kim for her stupid move to try and find Jimmy and making herself known (and what she knows) to one of admiration for her bravery, intelligence and cunning. Lalo knows where the real smarts in that relationship are, and who is up the task when the (bleep) goes down.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject:

Lalo reminds me of Hans Landa from Inglourious Basterds. So charming but also so unpredictable and menacing.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

What I don't get is this. Gus didn't want to touch Lalo because the cartel will trace it back to him. Also the reason why Mike followed Jimmy to Mexico to make sure the bail money safely gets through.
SO why was Mike ready to shoot Lalo at Jimmy's house if Lalo did anything to Jimmy and Kim? Wouldn't that be the same as killing Lalo before? So Gus would be willing to risk deviating from his plan for Lalo just to save Jimmy and Kim, who really don't mean anything to him?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Pssssssst! We already know how this ends...
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
What I don't get is this. Gus didn't want to touch Lalo because the cartel will trace it back to him. Also the reason why Mike followed Jimmy to Mexico to make sure the bail money safely gets through.
SO why was Mike ready to shoot Lalo at Jimmy's house if Lalo did anything to Jimmy and Kim? Wouldn't that be the same as killing Lalo before? So Gus would be willing to risk deviating from his plan for Lalo just to save Jimmy and Kim, who really don't mean anything to him?

probably the same reason Gus stopped Mike from sniping Hector in the desert.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:

I don't think Mike was there specifically to protect Jimmy and Kim. I think his job was more to make sure that Lalo didn't find out any damaging info from Jimmy, which is why he wanted to listen in.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Buck32 wrote:

probably the same reason Gus stopped Mike from sniping Hector in the desert.

Gus was at that moment not stopping Mike from killing Lalo if Lalo tried something with Jimmy and Kim. Or was it Mike going rogue because he likes Jimmy?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Pssssssst! We already know how this ends...

We know . . . we know . . . The Wire is "better". But we are enjoying this show.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Buck32 wrote:

I don't think Mike was there specifically to protect Jimmy and Kim. I think his job was more to make sure that Lalo didn't find out any damaging info from Jimmy, which is why he wanted to listen in.

So he was going to kill Jimmy and Kim, why was he aiming at Lalo then?? If Jimmy or Kim revealed Gus involvement, would Mike have killed them? Then Lalo would've been suspicious and he may also have to kill him.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Buck32 wrote:

So he was going to kill Jimmy and Kim, why was he aiming at Lalo then?? If Jimmy or Kim revealed Gus involvement, would Mike have killed them? Then Lalo would've been suspicious and he may also have to kill him.

No, he was going to kill Lalo if he started to find anything out . . . he didn't, so he didn't pull the trigger.

If he was just there to protect Jimmy, there'd be no reason to call Jimmy and tell him he wanted to hear what was going on and risk detection having Lalo seeing the open phone line. He'd just watch through the window and act if Lalo started to get violent. Hearing what was going on was the goal.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject:

In a way he was protecting Jimmy. Now he has proof for Gus that Jimmy can keep his mouth shut and doesn’t need to be “dealt with” if that’s something that Gus brings up down the road. This was more of an inadvertent side effect rather than part of Mike’s plan though (most likely).
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Mike clearly has a small soft spot for Jimmy. I agree that he was not there to solely protect Jimmy, but I think he would prefer Jimmy was not harmed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Mike clearly has a small soft spot for Jimmy. I agree that he was not there to solely protect Jimmy, but I think he would prefer Jimmy was not harmed.

I think so too. Mike had Lalo locked in. I think between Lalo and Bolsa, Lalo will bite the dust.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject:

That episode was maybe the best of the series. Do Lalo and Nacho both survive to the BB timeline? I think Lalo goes after Nacho’s dad now and then Nacho tries to kill Fring as revenge.

Also it’s almost all but guaranteed that Jimmy pushes Kim away because he knows he will bring her down. Her telling him Howard was concerned is a factor. Jimmy hates him but he’s gonna know he has a point. Or Kim ends up ruining Howard and then gets caught and goes to prison.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I think so too. Mike had Lalo locked in. I think between Lalo and Bolsa, Lalo will bite the dust.

I've already mentioned earlier that Bolsa survives well into season 3 of BB.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
That episode was maybe the best of the series. Do Lalo and Nacho both survive to the BB timeline? I think Lalo goes after Nacho’s dad now and then Nacho tries to kill Fring as revenge.

Also it’s almost all but guaranteed that Jimmy pushes Kim away because he knows he will bring her down. Her telling him Howard was concerned is a factor. Jimmy hates him but he’s gonna know he has a point. Or Kim ends up ruining Howard and then gets caught and goes to prison.

It was pretty tense when Nacho snuck out of the house and finds Lalo chilling in the yard. The whole time, I was thinking Lalo was one step ahead of him.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

It was certainly one of the better ones. I was a little put off because once Mike said to Jimmy that Lalo was going to be killed, I knew it was going to fail, but the way they made it work even though you knew what was going to happen was excellent. It certainly sets up an interesting dynamic for the final season. The Lalo/Nacho/Gus triangle is going to get ugly for sure. I expect a few episodes of cat and mouse there. And it will be fun to see what happens with Howard. I definitely think they ruin him. It makes sense that every aspect of Jimmy's past goes up in flames, so we shall see what that means for Kim.

Now comes that interminable wait until next year.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18
Jump to: