Better Call Saul - Season 3 - Returns April 10th! (Hidden "Spoiler" Inside)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Knowing that there was no Kim on Breaking Bad, I wonder how long she will be around and if she moves away or gets killed off?
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Knowing that there was no Kim on Breaking Bad, I wonder how long she will be around and if she moves away or gets killed off?

It's one of the most important unanswered questions. Whatever happened, it must have had a big impact on Saul.

For a moment, I thought she'd be shot and killed by that guy when she went back to his house at night for trespassing. It was a fantastic, suspenseful scene. And all she did was to walk over and knock on his door. But they milked the heck out of it. Great stuff.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Does anyone know who was in the picture Mike had taken down?

Wasn't it all postcards of places that were hanging there? I thought the one Mike wanted taken down was of the Sydney Opera House.

I'm sure there's a story behind it, but not that has been explained to us yet (I think). With this group of writers, I'd be shocked if we don't learn about it at some point soon.

Werner told him once that his father helped build it.

I think that was the same bar where Mike & Werner shared a drink.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

I though Kim had swayed the man behind the fenced in house with her story. He listened intensely. When he matter of factually told Kim she would say anything to get what she wanted and closed the door in her face I was surprised. She showed her frustration when she and Saul tossed the beer into the parking lot. I asked myself would Jimmy toss the last beer. I didn't think he would, he didn't.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

I always thought that Kim's death/abandonment/whatever happens with her would be what made Jimmy go full Saul but I think he's pretty close to being all the way there. So maybe Kim's absence doesn't cause Saul's moral bankruptcy but rather the moral bankruptcy is what causes Kim's absence.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject:

It looks like Kim is beginning to find herself sucked into Jimmy's moral downward spiral and I have a feeling it's not going to be pretty as she does so.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
It looks like Kim is beginning to find herself sucked into Jimmy's moral downward spiral and I have a feeling it's not to be pretty as she does so.

Kim doing shady stuff feels like when a person continuously drinks and drives and they don't get caught so they just get more confidence doing something until eventually something really bad happens.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
It looks like Kim is beginning to find herself sucked into Jimmy's moral downward spiral and I have a feeling it's not to be pretty as she does so.

Kim doing shady stuff feels like when a person continuously drinks and drives and they don't get caught so they just get more confidence doing something until eventually something really bad happens.

I don't see it being about getting away with something and becoming more emboldened. I think it is more about the disillusionment she is having with the practice of law and the resulting frustrations and sense of futility she seems to be having. We're seeing the "IDGAF" creep into her and I think her ethical decline is about to kick in and I think the emotions that come with that will crush her spirit and resolve.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I don't see it being about getting away with something and becoming more emboldened. I think it is more about the disillusionment she is having with the practice of law and the resulting frustrations and sense of futility she seems to be having. We're seeing the "IDGAF" creep into her and I think her ethical decline is about to kick in and I think the emotions that come with that will crush her spirit and resolve.

Fair point and that does seem to fit/explain her behavior better. Now I'm seeing a parallel to how Jimmy started to view law (remember when he talked to the girl who didn't get the internship) and also decided to not GAF. The difference is Jimmy is comfortable with 'slippin' and more importantly, he was never already established as a successful lawyer with high profile clients that he could lose (along with reputation) by doing shady stuff. Kim has a lot more to lose than Jimmy ever did.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Fair point and that does seem to fit/explain her behavior better. Now I'm seeing a parallel to how Jimmy started to view law (remember when he talked to the girl who didn't get the internship) and also decided to not GAF. The difference is Jimmy is comfortable with 'slippin' and more importantly, he was never already established as a successful lawyer with high profile clients that he could lose (along with reputation) by doing shady stuff. Kim has a lot more to lose than Jimmy ever did.

The man in the gated house may be the IDGAF anymore moment. It seemed to manifest itself in the closing with she and Jimmy tossing beer bottles onto the parking lot. Kinda makes me believe the story she told was true.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

^ Yeah, I believe she was telling the truth. Although we will probably never find out.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

I think the pattern that this episode showed will be relevant. She tried to do what she had to do, and then came back to try to do the right thing, and then got frustrated and destructive when it failed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
^ Yeah, I believe she was telling the truth. Although we will probably never find out.

I'm leaning more towards it was a story meant to appeal to the old guy's sentimental side. She's studied Jimmy's skills in the art of the con, and we know she's good at it. And we know she gets a kick out of the idea of a con, but she has wrestled with the ethics of doing so when it comes to the legal world. We saw a shift in tactics when the idea of showing him desirable comps didn't work, so I think she went the con route in another attempt to help him. When it didn't work and the old guy saw right through it, it added to the futility of her attempts to help the guy out.

There's always an extra layer to these kind of scenes, whether subtle or clear.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject:

So looks like Saul v Kim is her plan. I think she's gonna end up getting dropped by Mesa Verde.

Also, thanks for expanding on that DMR. I can definitely see it from that side as well. Her behavior this episode adds some more evidence that she was just trying to appeal to the old guy with a story.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
So looks like Saul v Kim is her plan. I think she's gonna end up getting dropped by Mesa Verde.

Also, thanks for expanding on that DMR. I can definitely see it from that side as well. Her behavior this episode adds some more evidence that she was just trying to appeal to the old guy with a story.

As usual the insider DMR has given qualified insight. I'ma look at it from a different prospective. LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Mike got beat down pretty bad. Gus wants him. There was a fountain dedicated to max in the village where Mike is staying. Who is Max? Kim's really trying to help the man in the fenced in house. She's walking a thin line.

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:29 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Mike got beat down pretty bad. Gus wants him. There was a fountain dedicated to max in the village where Mike is staying. Who is Max? Kim's really trying to help the man in the fenced in house. She's walking a thin line.

max = fring's parter whose brains hector salamanca used to tint the pool at don heladio's house

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:

max = fring's parter whose brains hector salamanca used to tint the pool at don heladio's house

Such a great show. Was that backstory in Breaking Bad, can’t remember because the two shows are just starting to bleed in together

Good ol Steven Bauer
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Oh yeah! Thanks for the memory jog. LINK

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Both great points...!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Saul blindsided Kim. She's not certain what she wants to do. We end this or maybe we get married!? I don't see her going Saul's way. He's way in on the crooked. It's starting to pick up.

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject:

"let's get married!"

here's where jimmy ditches her

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
"let's get married!"

Or he marries her and stays married throughout the Breaking Bad period and we never knew because we never saw his private life.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
C M B wrote:
"let's get married!"

Or he marries her and stays married throughout the Breaking Bad period and we never knew because we never saw his private life.

I considered that, but call me cynical in thinking that Kim really does want out and doesn't want a drawn out fight with Jimmy for her freedom. In this way, she's gaming him into finality and into being the party to cut ties, leaving her with the clean conscience that's been her bugaboo throughout the series . The opening flashback to Kim's negligent mom tells me that she's done with abusive betrayals.

but ¯\_('_')_/¯

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

I considered that, but call me cynical in thinking that Kim really does want out and doesn't want a drawn out fight with Jimmy for her freedom. In this way, she's gaming him into finality and into being the party to cut ties, leaving her with the clean conscience that's been her bugaboo throughout the series . The opening flashback to Kim's negligent mom tells me that she's done with abusive betrayals.

but ¯\_('_')_/¯

Damn, that makes sense...!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18
Jump to: