Official Kwame hate thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

gotta love the layups that miss the rim... the one in sacramento was classic, almost went over the board
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject:

thats a lot nicer than what i'd call him (all year in fact)
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject:

I say we keep him, but have him come off the bench. The only problem with that is you lose even more defense. ??? i guess thats why we pay Phil all that cash!
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
23 year olds are ussually out of college and in their 2nd season in the NBA.

Chris Bosh plays at PF and he's around the same age.
Al Harrington plays at PF and he's around the same age.
Tyson Chandler plays at PF/C and he's around the same age.

That's just a few young PF's in Kwame's age group right off the top of my head.

Kwame is a problem. He is his own worst enemy. Gets down on himself, doesn't work on his basketball skills (FT's, Low post game) and doesn't even want learn from a HOF like KAJ.

you said it right. he doesnt work on his basketball skills. it doesnt look like he has worked on them since he has been in the league. what happened with him learning from jabbar? he needs help and if he wont work on his skills get rid of him.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
23 year olds are ussually out of college and in their 2nd season in the NBA.

Chris Bosh plays at PF and he's around the same age.
Al Harrington plays at PF and he's around the same age.
Tyson Chandler plays at PF/C and he's around the same age.

That's just a few young PF's in Kwame's age group right off the top of my head.

Kwame is a problem. He is his own worst enemy. Gets down on himself, doesn't work on his basketball skills (FT's, Low post game) and doesn't even want learn from a HOF like KAJ.

you said it right. he doesnt work on his basketball skills. it doesnt look like he has worked on them since he has been in the league. what happened with him learning from jabbar? he needs help and if he wont work on his skills get rid of him.

kareem said kwame views himself as a face-up player rather than a back to the basket guy.
Which has led to kwame not seeking advice.

Kwame has a TON of post moves. The only thing holding him back is his ability to finish, his lack of focus and hands.
BossHossX
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

And yet, Kwame doesn't really want KAJ's help.

Who's to blame now?

Let me guess - Not Kwame. His childhood or better yet - The evil Micheal Jordan.

Perhaps for Kwame, at highschool, becoming an NBA player was like taking business and accounting classes in order to major in economics and eventually get an MBA. This sounded great until the moment he got his degree when he realized that, in fact, he wanted to be a rock star that blends the spirit of The Wallflowers with the melodies of Paul McCartney. And now he lements the fact that he'll never get to release his first album, Kwa Me a River.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

bambam wrote:
kareem said kwame views himself as a face-up player rather than a back to the basket guy.

Kwame has a TON of post moves. The only thing holding him back is his ability to finish, his lack of focus and hands.

He does but he doesn't try to take advantage of doing it i'm not sure if his stone hands are causeing this but it's frustrating he has the body to push people around.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
bambam wrote:

He does but he doesn't try to take advantage of doing it i'm not sure if his stone hands are causeing this but it's frustrating he has the body to push people around.

its annoying. he really has some solid moves...a variety of them.
More often than not the person guarding him is off balance when kwame goes up to finish the shot.. He just rushes it and flicks up a prayer.
What is that (bleep)? DUNK the (bleep) ball!
golden armor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject:

bambam wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
bambam wrote:

More often than not the person guarding him is off balance when kwame goes up to finish the shot.. He just rushes it and flicks up a prayer.

So true. The Lakers coaches are not idiots. So, I'm assuming that they've been coaching him to gather himself and go up strong with 2 hands everytime (small hands). But, he still continues to clang up one hand ricochets off the backboard.

Yes, if Jermaine O'Neal or KG is Bob Dylan, Kwame is Jakob Dylan.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject:

bambam wrote:

I think Psysically he's fine but mentally thats were it hurts him the most. at times he will show his spin move but mostly he will throw the ball out of bounds or he will miss a lay-up like he always does.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject:

BossHossX wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

And yet, Kwame doesn't really want KAJ's help.

Who's to blame now?

Let me guess - Not Kwame. His childhood or better yet - The evil Micheal Jordan.

Perhaps for Kwame, at highschool, becoming an NBA player was like taking business and accounting classes in order to major in economics and eventually get an MBA. This sounded great until the moment he got his degree when he realized that, in fact, he wanted to be a rock star that blends the spirit of The Wallflowers with the melodies of Paul McCartney. And now he lements the fact that he'll never get to release his first album, Kwa Me a River.

Gotta admit...That's pretty funny. Kwame and Artest as a singing duo. Could have been their plan all along. Get some seed money from the NBA to launch their referred careers...Brilliant...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject:

At the NBA they dont care if Kwame is 23, they care because he's on the league for 5 years now.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject:

from a poster at RealGM:

Quote:
The numbers on Kwame are ugly. Lakers are 7.5 pts per 100 possessions worse offensively when Kwame is on the floor. They're 1.7 pts per 100 possessions worse defensively when he plays. They give up a worse shooting percentage, more assisted field goals, block fewer shots, rebound worse (both ends), take 5 fewer free throw attempts per 48 minutes, and commit 2 additional turnovers per 48 minutes.

The Lakers have been outscored during Kwame's minutes in 24 out of 37 games this season. He has been TERRIBLE for the Lakers this season. Flat out awful.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject:

So how many bad trades does Mitch make in the last 2 summers?

First it was the Shaq trade

Then it was the Celtics trade because our main plan was Marcus Banks

Then we offer Vlade the MLE for nothing

We trade our best asset for a guy who doesn't do jack squat

We waste our money on McKie for nothing

Is there more?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
So how many bad trades does Mitch make in the last 2 summers?

First it was the Shaq trade

Then it was the Celtics trade because our main plan was Marcus Banks

Then we offer Vlade the MLE for nothing

We trade our best asset for a guy who doesn't do jack squat

We waste our money on McKie for nothing

Is there more?

It's the preference of every GM in the league that Anyone BUT the Lakers win a championship, so definitely look for some more bad trades to be added to that list. One of the prices of extreme success. The Lakers aren't going to be made many offers favourable to them.....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject:

At this point it's on Kwame to get better. He has as much coaching around him as he could want, he just needs to take responsibility and work to get better.

The Lakers took a gamble on him, that's a known fact. The question now is, when does Laker management make the decision that they lost the gamble? They could do it now and try to trade him for value - and really they wouldn't get much. Or, they could just decide to ride out his contract, which isn't very long.

If I'm management, I have a talk with Kwame and let him know it's all on him now and he's only going to get as much PT as he earns. You've gotta let him know his fate is solely in his hands and his responsibility. But I'd hang onto him and play out the gamble until his contract ends, because they wouldn't get squat for him in a trade unless it was a package deal.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject:

No one here as stated the Obvious: THE LAKER'S DON"T HAVE ANY OTHER BIG MEN!!!!!!!

They HAVE to play Kwame. Phil doesn't want to, he obviously can't stand his kitty-cat game. In regards to Mitch the (bleep), we needed a big man, and we had caron butler and chucky the midget to trade with. Instead of getting a player whose potential is known, we got a 23year old underachiever named krappy brown. TRUTH IS: I'm not convinced his FRONTAL LOBE is even developed yet. I'm not convinced he's even matured from adolescence to adult-hood. Untill he can calm himself down out there and make a lay-up, we need to have him come off the bench because he is simply not ready. BUT WE DONT HAVE THAT LUXURY CUZ WE DONT GOT NOBODY ELSE. Turiaf is not ready, Andrew is not ready, Mihm is hurt, Cook is a weak defender, and Odom is stuck at SF because Phil thought JJ and Caron couldn't play and Walton could. If we are going to keep ODOM at SF, we need more production from our bigs. Maybe we can get Marcus Fizer, he's an adult who can make a layup.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Check out this draft capsule on Kwame from NBADraft net in 2001:

Quote:

NBA Comparison: Kevin Garnett

Strengths: Like Garnett, KB has freakish athleticism. Already bulkier than Garnett and could turn into more of a Webber type post player. Very graceful running the floor. Tremendous leaping aility. Passes and handles extraordinarily well for a 6-11 player. May still be growing. Touch on shots is excellent, and should only improve. Post game is solid. Very good shot blocker.

Weaknesses: Inconsistency. Like any 18 year old coming straight to the league will take his lumps and see plenty of pine. Some have questions about his competiveness.

"Passes and handles extraordinarily well for a 6-11 player"?

Is there anyone here on LG who saw him play in HS? Was he really that good then?
SirRunnethOfSoCal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Marcus Fizer ... I'd take him. I'm sure he wouldn't airball 2 inch layups like Kwame does.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
No one here as stated the Obvious: THE LAKER'S DON"T HAVE ANY OTHER BIG MEN!!!!!!!

They HAVE to play Kwame. Phil doesn't want to, he obviously can't stand his kitty-cat game. In regards to Mitch the (bleep), we needed a big man, and we had caron butler and chucky the midget to trade with. Instead of getting a player whose potential is known, we got a 23year old underachiever named krappy brown. TRUTH IS: I'm not convinced his FRONTAL LOBE is even developed yet. I'm not convinced he's even matured from adolescence to adult-hood. Untill he can calm himself down out there and make a lay-up, we need to have him come off the bench because he is simply not ready. BUT WE DONT HAVE THAT LUXURY CUZ WE DONT GOT NOBODY ELSE. Turiaf is not ready, Andrew is not ready, Mihm is hurt, Cook is a weak defender, and Odom is stuck at SF because Phil thought JJ and Caron couldn't play and Walton could. If we are going to keep ODOM at SF, we need more production from our bigs. Maybe we can get Marcus Fizer, he's an adult who can make a layup.

Pretty sure I said they Lakers don't have anyone else back on page 1.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Is there anyone here on LG who saw him play in HS? Was he really that good then?

I saw some clips.

He was a guy that used triple threat base to attack. That's why he sees himself as a face up player.

In highschool he used to play the 5 and ussually pivot to a face up stance and then attack.

BUT he was atleast 40 pounds lighter and he was significantly quicker. Kwame's added a lot of weight but he's not as explosive anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

I saw some clips.

He was a guy that used triple threat base to attack. That's why he sees himself as a face up player.

In highschool he used to play the 5 and ussually pivot to a face up stance and then attack.

BUT he was atleast 40 pounds lighter and he was significantly quicker. Kwame's added a lot of weight but he's not as explosive anymore.

tnx, wolf.
How can anybody without any handles or semblance of a 15-ft jumper consider himself a face-the-basket player?
And he added weight without using it to improve his post play? Who's been training this guy?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
Check out this draft capsule on Kwame from NBADraft net in 2001:

Quote:

NBA Comparison: Kevin Garnett

Strengths: Like Garnett, KB has freakish athleticism. Already bulkier than Garnett and could turn into more of a Webber type post player. Very graceful running the floor. Tremendous leaping aility. Passes and handles extraordinarily well for a 6-11 player. May still be growing. Touch on shots is excellent, and should only improve. Post game is solid. Very good shot blocker.

Weaknesses: Inconsistency. Like any 18 year old coming straight to the league will take his lumps and see plenty of pine. Some have questions about his competiveness.

"Passes and handles extraordinarily well for a 6-11 player"?

You know, the funny thing is Kwame was never a scoring machine, not even in high school. Even his very own high school coach predicted that he'd likely never be an all star in the NBA. The wool wasn't pulled over anyones eyes. Jordan just thought he knew better than that high school coach. Obviously so did Mitch & Phil.

Me? I think if you don't dominate offensively at the high school level, then you certainly aren't going to do so at the pro level. Seems like common sense to me, but obviously I've not enough of a basketball acumen to figure that one out. :roll: Guess everyone figured they could turn him into Olajawon. I'm personally laughing at those who think they can turn aluminum into gold. I knew what Kwame represented, and I'm happy for him to play THAT role. Expecting more out of him is the same foolishness Jordan, Phil, & Mitch have shown. Many here seem to have expected too much as well. Oh well. But to think any of it is surprising? Well that's just laughable....

Last edited by Aussiesuede on Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Me? I think if you don't dominate offensively at the high school level, then you certainly aren't going to do so at the pro level.

didnt i read that bynum didnt dominate @ the highschool level also?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:

bambam wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Me? I think if you don't dominate offensively at the high school level, then you certainly aren't going to do so at the pro level.

didnt i read that bynum didnt dominate @ the highschool level also?

Yep...And neither did Olajawon. So it's a gamble. Sometimes gambles payoff, but it certainly isn't SURPRISING when they don't. That's why it's called gambling. Win some....Lose some.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: