It's time for a trade - The Trade Deadline Thread (Woj: Lakers get Ennis from Houston/Huertas out P. 207)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StnlyRoper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

QuadDouble wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
The Grind wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
The Grind wrote:
tox wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
tox wrote:
sogood. wrote:
Tony Kornheiser and Wilbon named 3 big winners of the deadline.

Warriors, Cavs, and...... Lakers
((REMOVED - JMK))

Is that language not kosher for LG? I'm surprised it didn't get censored

Dick Stockton, Dick Chaney, Dick Butkus, Dick Clark, Dick Nixon, etc. Can't censor a name.

Name has a capital D. Lower-cased dick isn't a name and should be censored.

what about the no caps people?

Then it would be censored because it's a grammatical error not to capitalize names.

LG Police

Good thing those police are here. Have you been to any of those un-policed forums. It's a mad house. They remind of the time I went to this presidential rally; I'm not gonna say who it was for, let's just say it was CRAZY.

Great trades by the Lakers, wish we could have gotten rid of Young so we could see how well the kids would ride without the training wheels.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
John Ireland: Mitch sat on the Houston trade for Lou for a month, Magic walked in and immediately pulled the trigger...

I didn't think Mitch would have completed that deal....I doubt any experienced GM would have agreed to that deal.
Jhin0821
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Kendall Marshall
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
John Ireland: Mitch sat on the Houston trade for Lou for a month, Magic walked in and immediately pulled the trigger...

I didn't think Mitch would have completed that deal....I doubt any experienced GM would have agreed to that deal.

The Lou Will-Brewer deal?
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
Tony Kornheiser and Wilbon named 3 big winners of the deadline.

Warriors, Cavs, and...... Lakers

I wouldn't really call them winners, or losers. They did what they were supposed to do, move Lou Williams for the best possible rebuilding package. And I'd argue that they did exactly that.

The one thing I do find amusing is people are praising the Wizards for acquiring Bojan, and they completely ignore that Andrew Nicholson still has 3 years, $20M left on his contract after this year. But then turn around complain about Corey Brewer and the 1 year, $7.6M left on his contract. I'll take Brewer and his contract with a slightly worse pick than Nicholson and a slightly better pick any day of the week.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

So we would of wasted Lou's value completely.
eagles nut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Per the press release announcing the Ennis acquisition, the Lakers also received the draft rights to SG/SF Brad Newley. Just reading from the press release, Newley is 32 and was drafted in the 2nd round in 2007. He's been on Australia's Olympic team twice and currently plays for AEK Athens in Greece. Any international experts out there that want to provide a scouting report?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject:

eagles nut wrote:
Per the press release announcing the Ennis acquisition, the Lakers also received the draft rights to SG/SF Brad Newley. Just reading from the press release, Newley is 32 and was drafted in the 2nd round in 2007. He's been on Australia's Olympic team twice and currently plays for AEK Athens in Greece. Any international experts out there that want to provide a scouting report?

he's now Oldley

you're welcome
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject:

eagles nut wrote:

What is the point of getting that draft right?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject:

I still cant believe Noel went for 2 2nds. For hindsight, we were given 2 2nds to take back Calderon. PJ Tucker went for 2 2nds. Great job by Cuban.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I still cant believe Noel went for 2 2nds. For hindsight, we were given 2 2nds to take back Calderon. PJ Tucker went for 2 2nds. Great job by Cuban.

Also if Noel could only get 2 2nds and a fringe prospect, I can only imagine what the offers for Okafor looked like.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Not many teams were willing to commit $20m a year to Noel..

It is also one reason Randle's trade value is going down each year - as someone will be dumb enough to overpay him in FA.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
eagles nut wrote:

You have to send something out in a trade. These are essential for cash for pick trades.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

But teams were quick to give guys like Noah/Mozgov/Mahinmi 16-18M a year. I agree though, it will be interesting to see what he signs for. The Mavs were the team most likely to offer him a big offer sheet, now they have his rights.

So far, Justin Anderson is nothing more than a stronger Anthony Brown.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject:

BRAD NEWLEY YALL

the new catalyst
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Magic's small moves have been ok.

Ryans handling it. Magic is traveling with the team.

More likely Jesse is handling things.

If you read the reports, Glen Cararo has been working the phones with Magic. Oh, BTW, they just developed this new technology where you can phone from a plane!
eagles nut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
governator wrote:
eagles nut wrote:

You have to send something out in a trade. These are essential for cash for pick trades.

Sure, but the Rockets sent out Ennis. The rights to Newley didn't have to be included. So the Lakers had to see some value in getting those rights.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
governator wrote:
eagles nut wrote:

but Lakers already sent Marcelo and Rockets Ennis?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Also if Noel could only get 2 2nds and a fringe prospect, I can only imagine what the offers for Okafor looked like.

Five Oreos, tops

Dealbreaker is they already ate the filling
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
governator wrote:
eagles nut wrote:

Future trade. Lakers send 3.5M + random draft rights for a 2nd round pick.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

But teams were quick to give guys like Noah/Mozgov/Mahinmi 16-18M a year. I agree though, it will be interesting to see what he signs for. The Mavs were the team most likely to offer him a big offer sheet, now they have his rights.

So far, Justin Anderson is nothing more than a stronger Anthony Brown.

Will be interesting to see their situation going forward, considering they'd commit potentially 59 million dollars a year to Noel, Barnes, and Matthews. All good players, yes, but for that much?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
BRAD NEWLEY YALL

the new catalyst

Your new head of snake
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
eagles nut wrote:

Maybe we take on a contract of a player in the future and use these rights as what we send out.
eagles nut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
governator wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
governator wrote:
eagles nut wrote:

Future trade. Lakers send 3.5M + random draft rights for a 2nd round pick.

$3.5M would be quite a hefty price for a 2nd round pick.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

So we would of wasted Lou's value completely.

you really think i will engage in this again....you keep creating all the outcomes you want to feel good....because that is what is important to me...that you feel good about everything.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227  Next
Page 223 of 227
Jump to: