THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2851, 2852, 2853 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject:

All presidents, except Trump, turn gray. He dyes his hair. (DMR) I think Biden will be the baldest president in American history. His hair is already gray. It's starting to fall out. I think Ike was the most bald. LINK

TIME LEFT UNTIL TRUMP LEAVES OFFICE

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Pelosi is stuck in a lose-lose situation whether she takes a bi-partisan stimulus compromise or not.
It'll be interesting to see what happens next.
If I were her. I'd take the compromise. Hope we win Georgia, and then expand the stimulus with the new Congress.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Pelosi is stuck in a lose-lose situation whether she takes a bi-partisan stimulus compromise or not.
If I were her. I'd take the compromise. Hope we win Georgia, and then expand the stimulus with the new Congress.

I'd also take the compromise. I don't think it's a lose, lose. In today's climate, she doesn't really have a good choice.

IMO taking the compromise is best at this time for those in dire need of financial support. For that reason, I can't lable taking the compromise a loss.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject:

I still doubt McConnell can get all his senators in line, to pass another stimulus bill. Their motivation might be to look good for the upcoming GA run-offs.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I'd also take the compromise. I don't think it's a lose, lose. In today's climate, she doesn't really have a good choice.

IMO taking the compromise is best at this time for those in dire need of financial support. For that reason, I can't lable taking the compromise a loss.

Don't know the details of the compromise. But I know what Mitch wants. So I won't be surprised when people on the left and right get upset.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I agree on both counts, and I think she should have done it awhile ago, as some of her colleagues were urging.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I agree on both counts, and I think she should have done it awhile ago, as some of her colleagues were urging.

Guessing maybe she thought, like many did, that Trump would drag the down-ballot candidates more and the Dems would pick up seats in the House and Senate in a blue wave, providing more leverage.

But that did not happen and lots of people are hurting. Better to get something now and try for more later. If the GA run-offs both go D, maybe there's a chance for further negotiations after the inauguration with Biden pushing from the WH also.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Trump and his rag-tag band of "lawyers" are 1 and 46 in post-election cases.

And the one "win" was cutting from 9 down to 6 days post election to count absentee ballots in one state, which was just a few ballots.

But he's raised lots of $ to spend after he is out of office and made a lot of ignorant people mistrust the election process.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Boom!

Quote:
California certifies Joe Biden's victory in the state, giving the Democrat more than the 270 electors needed to win the White House.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/1335021969432072192
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Done deal. Suck it.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Guessing maybe she thought, like many did, that Trump would drag the down-ballot candidates more and the Dems would pick up seats in the House and Senate in a blue wave, providing more leverage.

But that did not happen and lots of people are hurting. Better to get something now and try for more later. If the GA run-offs both go D, maybe there's a chance for further negotiations after the inauguration with Biden pushing from the WH also.

If we win Georgia, we are looking at a widely different American future.

On the level of Watchmen, where Nixon is reelected repeatedly. But instead of it being horrible, it's amazing.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject:

There's a chance Trump will f*#k up his attempt at motivating his base to vote hard in the GA run-offs.

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Trump 0-6 in court today, getting slammed left and right by judges. So much losing.

I’m sure the cash register is still ringing from the morons donating to him.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

The devil is in the details of what they have to give vs what they get, and whether there’s actually a deal on the table.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:19 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Boom!

Quote:
California certifies Joe Biden's victory in the state, giving the Democrat more than the 270 electors needed to win the White House.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/1335021969432072192

Excellent. One more step in removing this cancer.

What a strange (bleep) show this has been.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:27 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Trump and his rag-tag band of "lawyers" are 1 and 46 in post-election cases.

And the one "win" was cutting from 9 down to 6 days post election to count absentee ballots in one state, which was just a few ballots.

But he's raised lots of $ to spend after he is out of office and made a lot of ignorant people mistrust the election process.

Perhaps the ignorant people stay home next election allowing us to remove the majority gavel from Moscow Mitch's wrinkled purple fingers.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:48 am    Post subject:

Interesting that the House passed a national marijuana decriminalization bill today.

Might not be a bad strategy in GA to publicize Mitch McConnell blocking it in the Senate, which I fully expect him to do. That won't play well among libertarian conservatives.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:58 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Interesting that the House passed a national marijuana decriminalization bill today.

Might not be a bad strategy in GA to publicize Mitch McConnell blocking it in the Senate, which I fully expect him to do. That won't play well among libertarian conservatives.

Democrats passing common sense legislation doesn't last in the news cycle long. Which sucks.

I hate that McConnell gets to wipe his butt with great bills, while making Democrats agree to bills which are slightly lesser evils than the status quo.
But that's 2020 America.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:36 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Trump 0-6 in court today, getting slammed left and right by judges. So much losing.

Many of us have said for years that the right has certain authoritarian tendencies, as multiple studies have shown. But I think those studies and our own perception of that political movement severely underestimated the level of authoritarianism that close to a half of the population is displaying. I've studied authoritarianism for years, I teach classes on the subject, and this is some next level Stalinesque (bleep) that we're seeing in our country now. The post-election period, in some ways, has been scarier than the entire four years of his presidency. His fans will follow him wherever he wants to take them, even if it's some fantasyland in which he won the election by a landslide. And he'll destroy as much as he can on his way out, making an already hard task for the Biden administration even harder.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:06 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

It's getting to the point where you just want to pay him to go away.

Then you realize. we are. Presidential campaign donors have sent $6.7 million straight to the president’s businesses. Cha-ching.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
His fans will follow him wherever he wants to take them, even if it's some fantasyland in which he won the election by a landslide. And he'll destroy as much as he can on his way out, making an already hard task for the Biden administration even harder.

The Deep State Trump rails against is really him, his nepotistic clan, and the moneyed interests which have financed his political career.

It's ironic how the very things Trump attacks--for the "benefit" of his supporters--are what his presidency epitomized.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Wilt wrote:
His fans will follow him wherever he wants to take them, even if it's some fantasyland in which he won the election by a landslide. And he'll destroy as much as he can on his way out, making an already hard task for the Biden administration even harder.

The Deep State Trump rails against is really him, his nepotistic clan, and the moneyed interests which have financed his political career.

It's ironic how the very things Trump attacks--for the "benefit" of his supporters--are what his presidency epitomized.

That’s the inside joke. Everything they accuse the other side of is deeply them. It’s a group troll and catharsis all at once.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/grace_panetta/status/1335297790818258946

Quote:
WaPo is now reporting that Trump called Kemp *this morning* to ask him to call a special session of the GA legislature to overturn the results of the presidential election and order "an audit of absentee ballot signatures," requests that Kemp denied https://washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-kemp-call-georgia/2020/12/05/fd8d677c-3721-11eb-8d38-6aea1adb3839_story.html

Also more from the toddler in chief

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/528899-trump-demands-names-of-the-congressional-republicans-who-said-they

Quote:
Trump demands names of the congressional Republicans who said they recognize Biden as winner
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject:

America has survived for 4 years under the leadership of a 12 year old. We can endure another 45 days. KEEP THE FAITH

HELP IS ON THE WAY

TIME LEFT UNTIL TRUMP LEAVES OFFICE

TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject:

^I have to remind myself of this on a daily, sometimes hourly, basis.

One.. day.. at.. a.. time...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2851, 2852, 2853 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 2852 of 3671
Jump to: