THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2379, 2380, 2381 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
I dont see Harris as a good candidate. Her prosecution days will make it hard for her to help energize younger, more liberal voters.

The base of the Democratic party -- black women, college-educated women and people of color were thrilled and excited and over the moon with this pick, including the younger women.

The only people I've seen who aren't thrilled are white men. What a shocker! Perhaps the same men who weren't thrilled with Hillary?

Gee, I wonder if there's a connection...

Also, if younger, more liberal voters want to have a greater say on who is on the ticket. They should show up in primaries. They let Bernie down during Super Tuesday. Which isn't a surprise. There is a long history of that. And I'm saying this as someone in their age and ideological demographic.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Those that say that they don't like Kamala weren't gonna vote for Biden anyway, regardless who he picked.

It's the greenfrogs of the world.

really ? I think Harris is a bad choice, but I will still vote for Biden.

Unfortunately people like you have yet to understand why a TRUMP wins an election. You are clueless as to what is happening to the voter base and unfortunately you will still be clueless when a candidate much worse than trump wins in 2024.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Those that say that they don't like Kamala weren't gonna vote for Biden anyway, regardless who he picked.

Unfortunately people like you have yet to understand why a TRUMP wins an election. You are clueless as to what is happening to the voter base and unfortunately you will still be clueless when a candidate much worse than trump wins in 2024.

I think I know where 70% of the party stands, and where much of the rest of the 30% stands. It's a small minority that will call her a "cop" and "centrist" and other nonsense.

You're just wrong where the party is. The base of the party, as has been said earlier by multiple people, are African-Americans, women, college-educated people, other minorities. It's not the so-called progressives who don't even vote consistently. If you want to reach out to people that Biden might not represent as an older white guy, you reach out to the aforementioned groups, as opposed to reaching out to people that don't vote.

African-American turnout decreased for the first time in a very long time in 2016 (as I said earlier, some of that was not Hillary's fault, but voter suppression by the Republicans and other shenanigans), and the Democrats lost the election. So if you want to win an election, you have to energize the backbone of your party. And that's why Kamala is the best choice. She doesn't check all of the boxes, but she checks most of them.

Glad you will be voting for Biden. I had more radical people in mind in my earlier post.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
I dont see Harris as a good candidate. Her prosecution days will make it hard for her to help energize younger, more liberal voters.

The base of the Democratic party -- black women, college-educated women and people of color were thrilled and excited and over the moon with this pick, including the younger women.

The only people I've seen who aren't thrilled are white men. What a shocker! Perhaps the same men who weren't thrilled with Hillary?

What I also have noticed from friends who don't like the pick (younger people, who look for progressive purity in everyone) is the complete disregard for the historic nature of it. If they said something like, "Even though I disagree with the choice and believe Biden could have picked a more progressive candidate, we have to acknowledge that, if elected, she would be the first woman of color to hold the position of VP." That would be one thing... But no, there's none of that. They don't give a (bleep) about any of that. And yes, unsurprisingly, they're all white men.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
I think Harris is a bad choice, but I will still vote for Biden.

Why? I mean other than the "young 'progressives' will be turned off by her" trope.

And who would have been a better choice in your estimation, and why?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
phayze one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
paymonM wrote:
I think Harris is a bad choice, but I will still vote for Biden.

Why? I mean other than the "young 'progressives' will be turned off by her" trope.

And who would have been a better choice in your estimation, and why?

I would legitimately like to know this too, and I don’t want to mess up my mentions by asking on Twitter.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Kamala is the best choice!! Kudos to Biden for not trying to be cute and against the grain.

Listening to her today, first thought that popped in my head why isn’t she the presidential candidate. She’s so articulate and assertive. Guess America is not ready for black/Indian woman yet. Look forward to her on the top of the ticket 2024!!

Agree w/ ChefLinda, only noticed white males cry and whine today.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Nick Jack Pappas @Pappiness

Trump on Kamala Harris: "Nasty Woman."
Trump on Hillary Clinton: "Nasty Woman."
Trump on Nancy Pelosi: "Nasty Woman."

Trump on Ghislaine Maxwell: "I wish her well."

OOOOH.

Savvy juxtaposition.

Well done, Nick Jack Pappas. You seem to navigate better than most, and avoid getting stuck wallowing in the mire of Trump's bs built upon bs.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Can anyone name the last man to be attacked as being a former prosecutor?
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Who did you want? Klobucher? You seem to understand Trump and and his base really closely. So enlighten us with your wisdom. Because dems don’t have a Richard Spencer...
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Linda wrote:

Maybe the Rs are not thrilled with Kamala on two fronts. She's another one of them nasteh women causin trubblez and she's not as advantageous a target as Hillary (nor is Biden). And you know I'm not saying any of the crap they cling to Hillary is legit, I'm just playing my Phil Donahue Devil's advocate here. Trump said KH was his #1 draft pick and I apparently went pfft the same exact time as Chris Wallace because even he said that was nonsense compared to someone like Susan Rice who they could've used til the end of time for fresh inquiries into Benghazi.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/smc429/status/1293339760451178496
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject:

American leftists: "Almost 170,000 Americans dead! Horrific! Smdh, coronavirus proves capitalism feeds on the bodies of the proletariat."

South Korea, a capitalist democracy: "305 deaths total"

American leftists: "Yes, this is clearly capitalism's fault...capitalism."
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
paymonM wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I think I know where 70% of the party stands, and where much of the rest of the 30% stands. It's a small minority that will call her a "cop" and "centrist" and other nonsense.

You're just wrong where the party is. The base of the party, as has been said earlier by multiple people, are African-Americans, women, college-educated people, other minorities. It's not the so-called progressives who don't even vote consistently. If you want to reach out to people that Biden might not represent as an older white guy, you reach out to the aforementioned groups, as opposed to reaching out to people that don't vote.

African-American turnout decreased for the first time in a very long time in 2016 (as I said earlier, some of that was not Hillary's fault, but voter suppression by the Republicans and other shenanigans), and the Democrats lost the election. So if you want to win an election, you have to energize the backbone of your party. And that's why Kamala is the best choice. She doesn't check all of the boxes, but she checks most of them.

Glad you will be voting for Biden. I had more radical people in mind in my earlier post.

paymon is just worried about how Kamala might turn off our suburban housewife coalition of voters. They won't forget all the times she was nasty to Kavanaugh when she asked him to remember stuff.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Never take betting advice from guys who never pick a winning horse.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:16 am    Post subject:

White males are now only 30% of the population. Most of them vote Republican and have been voting Republican since the 1960s (after the voting rights and civil rights passed).

And yet white males still control almost everything. Government, corporations, the media, etc. They are scared (bleep) of losing their death hold on power.

The Democratic party cannot and should not "center" this particular white male anger by worrying about what they think about our VP nominee. Our number one job is to motivate our own base (including educated white men who are not afraid of equality) and do everything to help make safe voting possible.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:46 am    Post subject:

I wonder if Hillary Clinton had selected Cory Booker or Julian Castro instead of Tim Kaine, would it have made a difference? If Biden and Harris win, I think the Democratic ticket going forward will be required to reflect the diversity of the party. I don't believe we'll see the "two white guys" ticket on the Dem side again if Biden/Harris win.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:13 am    Post subject:

Impeachable offense number . . . what . . . 2,967ish?

Trump Declares USPS Can’t Handle Mail-In Voting Because He’s Blocking Funding

President Donald Trump proclaimed Wednesday that the U.S. Postal Service doesn’t have the capacity to handle an unprecedented increase in mail-in ballots because it lacks funds that his administration is blocking, remarks that were immediately viewed as an open admission of election sabotage by a president who has previously called USPS “a joke.”

During his daily Covid-19 briefing Wednesday evening, Trump dismissed Democratic congressional leaders’ demands for $3.5 billion in election assistance for states and $25 billion for USPS as “ridiculous” and vowed to continue blocking the funds. While USPS leadership insists it has “ample capacity” to meet election needs, postal workers have warned that without emergency funding, the agency could struggle to deliver mail-in ballots on time in November.

“Therefore, they don’t have the money to do the universal mail-in voting. So therefore, they can’t do it,” said the president, who repeated his false claim that mail-in voting is highly susceptible to fraud. “How are they going to do it if they don’t have the money to do it?”

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject:

Trump is openly working to suppress voter turnout, with this latest USPS admission/statement. Don't be dissuaded from voting: Cast your ballots, even if you have to drop them off at your nearest polling place.

Trump suck$ and sw _at_ llow$!

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

If a terrorist threatened to blow up a post office they'd be arrested on the spot.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

How do you see Trump and Pence?
LINK

well ofcourse she is night and day over Trump and Pence but at the end of the day you need someone that is not going to just have people want you over the other side but to really energize people to do that next step of getting out the door and in line to vote, especially since Biden is already a pretty conservative democrat.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Trump is openly working to suppress voter turnout, with this latest USPS admission/statement. Don't be dissuaded from voting: Cast your ballots, even if you have to drop them off at your nearest polling place.

Trump suck$ and sw [AT] llow$!

DumbassWhiteGuy'Progressive' wrote:
Naw, Harris is a turnoff

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

How do you see Trump and Pence?
LINK

well ofcourse she is night and day over Trump and Pence but at the end of the day you need someone that is not going to just have people want you over the other side but to really energize people to do that next step of getting out the door and in line to vote, especially since Biden is already a pretty conservative democrat.

And Kamala is doing just that:
Biden Has ‘Best Grassroots Fundraising’ Day Ever After Harris Pick, Campaign Says

(Oh and by the way, as I posted earlier, Harris is the 4th most progressive Representative, rated ahead of Bernie and Warren . . . )

Let's not work against the goal of ousting Trump by promoting false narratives.

Oh, and tell us who would have been a better "strategic" pick in your opinion?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject:

Anecdote from Texas:

Quote:
Kurt Eichenwald @kurteichenwald

#Dimwitdon does it again! @TeamCornyn should be pissed. Today:

1. Trump says wont fund @USPS to cripple vote-by-mail.

2. I call blood-red GOP Trump voter friend (It's Texas, guys.) Read him Trump's words.

3. Friend was planning to spend Oct/Nov at his ranch, vote absentee...

4. THIS is what finally got him to see what Trump is. He is *angry.* (Did I mention, he's a rich guy who donates to GOP?)

5. He is rescheduling his trip so he is in Dallas for early voting.

6. Told me: "(bleep) these guys." He's voting straight democratic ticket.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Impeachable offense number . . . what . . . 2,967ish?

Trump Declares USPS Can’t Handle Mail-In Voting Because He’s Blocking Funding

President Donald Trump proclaimed Wednesday that the U.S. Postal Service doesn’t have the capacity to handle an unprecedented increase in mail-in ballots because it lacks funds that his administration is blocking, remarks that were immediately viewed as an open admission of election sabotage by a president who has previously called USPS “a joke.”

During his daily Covid-19 briefing Wednesday evening, Trump dismissed Democratic congressional leaders’ demands for $3.5 billion in election assistance for states and $25 billion for USPS as “ridiculous” and vowed to continue blocking the funds. While USPS leadership insists it has “ample capacity” to meet election needs, postal workers have warned that without emergency funding, the agency could struggle to deliver mail-in ballots on time in November.

“Therefore, they don’t have the money to do the universal mail-in voting. So therefore, they can’t do it,” said the president, who repeated his false claim that mail-in voting is highly susceptible to fraud. “How are they going to do it if they don’t have the money to do it?”

Trump continues to expose the flaws in our system of government that our framers could never dream would come to be. How do you remedy such a situation that involves ballots, but the administration of distributing and the policies for counting many of the ballots, (as well as the policing of such actions by the Barr's Justice Department) are controlled by one person whose only desire is to win at all costs? Democrats writing letters to the Postmaster General certainly won't change anything.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2379, 2380, 2381 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next
Page 2380 of 3670
Jump to: