THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2162, 2163, 2164 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Huffpost Reporter: Bailout designated for 'Super Rich'

Maybe this zealot can explain it better. Exposes the stupidity of means testing the miniscule $1200.

I suppose if you artificially leave out the unemployment benefits, the extension of them to the self employed, and the small business loans with easy forgiveness thresholds. It almost sounds like you’re once again completely unknowledgeable while simultaneously completely sure.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

Oh, and that’s just the quarter of the total bill the huffpo is talking about. And even that is buying a lot of workers money. Like five months for United workers...
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Maybe this zealot can explain it better. Exposes the stupidity of means testing the miniscule $1200.

I suppose if you artificially leave out the unemployment benefits, the extension of them to the self employed, and the small business loans with easy forgiveness thresholds. It almost sounds like you’re once again completely unknowledgeable while simultaneously completely sure.

I never said there wasn't good stuff in the bill.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

Yep. It was. Then Pelosi Jiu-Jitsu'ed it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Then what was the point if that. The majority of the bill is for people and critical infrastructure needs. And the part we don’t like, even that has broad downstream benefits to people.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Then what was the point if that. The majority of the bill is for people and critical infrastructure needs. And the part we don’t like, even that has broad downstream benefits to people.

I'm not the one lashing out in every post, nor am I unwilling to admit I might be wrong. You OTOH are convinced Schumer and Bennet scored a massive win for the people (even the stuff for the rich tickles down...) And if you missed it again, that quarter of the bill is 10x'd by the Fed. It's not mostly for the people. That's his whole point.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I'm not the one lashing out in every post, nor am I unwilling to admit I might be wrong. You OTOH are convinced Schumer and Bennet scored a massive win for the people (even the stuff for the rich tickles down...) And if you missed it again, that quarter of the bill is 10x'd by the Fed. It's not mostly for the people. That's his whole point.

I assume Bennett is Pelosi. And yes, they got a large number of very measurable valuable things in the bill. Including some of the stuff for corporations (not being able to lay workers off for the next five months is huge and measurable btw).

What the fed does is outside the ability of the Dems to block. So that’s a red herring. What they controlled went in vast majority to the needs of the people.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I assume Bennett is Pelosi. And yes, they got a large number of very measurable valuable things in the bill. Including some of the stuff for corporations (not being able to lay workers off for the next five months is huge and measurable btw).

What the fed does is outside the ability of the Dems to block. So that’s a red herring. What they controlled went in vast majority to the needs of the people.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

My understanding is Bennett was the other Dem in the negotiations with Mnuchin (Trump), McConnell, and Schumer.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

My understanding is Bennett was the other Dem in the negotiations with Mnuchin (Trump), McConnell, and Schumer.

Ok. Point stands
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Yahoo: Senator Chris Murphy says White House turned down emergency coronavirus funding in early February (Feb 5th meeting)

Quote:
Sen. Chris Murphy, a Connecticut Democrat, says that Trump administration officials declined an offer of early congressional funding assistance that he and other senators made on Feb. 5 during a meeting to discuss the coronavirus.

The officials, including Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, said they “didn’t need emergency funding, that they would be able to handle it within existing appropriations,” Murphy recalled
in an interview with Yahoo News’ “Skullduggery” podcast.

“What an awful, horrible catastrophic mistake that was,” Murphy said.

On Feb. 5, Murphy tweeted: “Just left the Administration briefing on Coronavirus. Bottom line: they aren't taking this seriously enough. Notably, no request for ANY emergency funding, which is a big mistake. Local health systems need supplies, training, screening staff etc. And they need it now.”

Quote:
Murphy told Yahoo News that the funding he and other congressional leaders wanted to allocate nearly two months ago would have paid for essential preventative measures, including hiring local screening and testing staff, researching a vaccine and treatments and the stockpiling of needed medical supplies.

Democratic Senators offered to do a clean emergency spending bill IN FEBRUARY (separate from any other issue or policy) and were flat out rejected by the White House. So let's not keep pretending that "spineless" Democratic Senators were the problem.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject:

I wonder how many of the 3.3 million people who lost employment will have health insurance throughout this pandemic.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject:

I just got one of those post cards from the CDC with one entire side covered in giant letters "PRESIDENT TRUMP'S CORONAVIRUS GUIDELINES FOR AMERICA."

I wrote on it:
Return to Sender
(bleep) Trump
This is 3 months too late.

I'm going to drop it in the mailbox next time I go out. At least someone at the post office will get a chuckle cuz they know it's true.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Trump wants his signature to appear on coronavirus stimulus checks

Quote:
Trump has told people he wants his signature to appear on the direct payment checks that will go out to many Americans in the coming weeks, according to an administration official. The White House didn’t comment.

Quote:
Normally, a civil servant — the disbursing officer for the payment center — would sign federal checks, said Don Hammond, a former senior Treasury Department official.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I just got one of those post cards from the CDC with one entire side covered in giant letters "PRESIDENT TRUMP'S CORONAVIRUS GUIDELINES FOR AMERICA."

I wrote on it:
Return to Sender
(bleep) Trump

I'm going to drop it in the mailbox next time I go out. At least someone at the post office will get a chuckle cuz they know it's true.

Wish I had done that with mine.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Here's another good Biden ad showing Trump denigrating governors of Washington state and Michigan intercut with news reports from those states on the growing crises:

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1244049631886970881
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Yahoo: Senator Chris Murphy says White House turned down emergency coronavirus funding in early February (Feb 5th meeting)

And two days later as Trump continued to downplay the seriousness of the virus here and his administration rebuffed the offer of Senate emergency funding, the US State Department sent 17 tons of medical supplies to China, including masks, gowns and respirators.

US State Dept Announcement, February 7, 2020

Quote:
This week the State Department has facilitated the transportation of nearly 17.8 tons of donated medical supplies to the Chinese people, including masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials. These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people.

Today, the United States government is announcing it is prepared to spend up to $100 million in existing funds to assist China and other impacted countries, both directly and through multilateral organizations, to contain and combat the novel coronavirus. This commitment – along with the hundreds of millions generously donated by the American private sector – demonstrates strong U.S. leadership in response to the outbreak

And now our states can't get what they need, our hospitals and doctors are begging for supplies, they are having to bid against one another and the Federal government for supplies while Trump lied, denied, dithered then blamed the governors and the media.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject:

It looks like in the new stimulus bill people on Social Security are going to get a check.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Here's another good Biden ad showing Trump denigrating governors of Washington state and Michigan intercut with news reports from those states on the growing crises:

Fantastic. The great thing is... Trump says something dumb, untrue, or offensive every single day. They should not let up on this.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

The comments from Bernie trolls on that video make my head hurt
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:45 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Fantastic. The great thing is... Trump says something dumb, untrue, or offensive every single day. They should not let up on this.

I think this is the best strategy. I think focused attacks on Trump's offensive and dishonest speech. Its something he's gotten away with too much. I think they have enough material just from this month alone to carry us through this election cycle.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:04 am    Post subject:

So much of the world's geopolitical future being dependent on Donald Trump and Xi Jinping (along with Putin, Kim, Assad, Erdogan, Bolsonaro, and (for a little while longer) Netanyahu) really sucks.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject:

This move will hurt his base, uneducated Whites. This article was Updated Dec 06, 2017. It's old but I think it holds true today. If this move doesn't fracture his base nothing will. LINK

Trump administration moves to remove 700,000 people from food stamps

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I wrote on it:
Return to Sender
(bleep) Trump

Wish I had done that with mine.

Same here. I chucked mine. (bleep) that spray tanned piece of (bleep)
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

Funny/not funny:

Republican Presidents explained in one graph
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2162, 2163, 2164 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 2163 of 3673
Jump to: