THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1811, 1812, 1813 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
https://theintercept.com/2018/04/26/steny-hoyer-audio-levi-tillemann/

Now why would anyone doubt this party being fair?

Of course, I reserve the right to change this opinion if they nominate The Rock.

We can address fairness after we get rid of the traitor that is invading in the White House.

It is stupefying that people don't get what is going on and the dangers presented, and thus they insist on democracy.

Pure idiocy.

Fixed

Nope. Not in the context I stated in the first line.

Would you support a military coup, as well?

Yes, at least they would most likely be Americans.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

How did the thread go from Steny Hoyer being a bog standard party line putz to military coups?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

CNN: Republican congressman calls new details about Trump revealed in impeachment testimony 'alarming'

Quote:
A Republican member of one of the House committees involved in the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump said Sunday that information provided about Trump during a closed-door deposition of a former National Security Council official "is alarming" and "not okay."

"Well, of course, all of that is alarming. As I've said from the beginning, I think this is not okay. The President of the United States shouldn't even in the original phone call be on the phone with the president of another country and raise his political opponent," Rep. Mike Turner, an Ohio Republican, told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

"So, no, this is not okay," he added on Sunday.

On Saturday, Morrison testified that US ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland was acting at Trump's instruction in his dealings with Ukraine. According to Morrison's deposition, Sondland said the President told him that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky "must announce the opening of the investigations" into former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden. Morrison also testified that US aid to Ukraine was conditioned on the country announcing an investigation into the Bidens. There is no evidence of wrongdoing by either Biden in Ukraine.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
https://theintercept.com/2018/04/26/steny-hoyer-audio-levi-tillemann/

Now why would anyone doubt this party being fair?

Of course, I reserve the right to change this opinion if they nominate The Rock.

We can address fairness after we get rid of the traitor that is invading in the White House.

It is stupefying that people don't get what is going on and the dangers presented, and thus they insist on democracy.

Pure idiocy.

Fixed

Nope. Not in the context I stated in the first line.

Would you support a military coup, as well?

Well that's certainly a gigantic and incongruous leap.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

It is one thing to say that and entirely another to actually do something about it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

It is one thing to say that and entirely another to actually do something about it.

True, but most Republicans haven't even been willing to admit that much, much less on a Sunday show where Trump might see him. Well, unless Trump is curled up in a ball passed out from tranquilizers to calm him down after his heart palpitations/anxiety attack from being impeached.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

True, but most Republicans haven't even been willing to admit that much, much less on a Sunday show where Trump might see him. Well, unless Trump is curled up in a ball passed out from tranquilizers to calm him down after his heart palpitations/anxiety attack from being impeached.

Oh I totally agree it is progress of a sort. It's just a long way from being effectively meaningful.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

If it is found true that Jared helped MBS kill Khashoogi and Terdogan has an audio tape of their conversation using it to blackmail Trump what would be the consequences and can they be punished for it after Trump is impeached
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules, just trying to gauge how much suspension of democracy you believe is warranted since you seemed to be going there. I kind of thought you were just venting until you doubled down on the reply.

Personally, a corporate elite, rigged primary would be the limit for me, although I don't judge (or try not to).

EDIT: I judge.

Last edited by greenfrog on Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject:

DNC HQ: 430 South Capitol St SE #3, Washington, DC 20003

In case anyone wanted to organize a protest or two against corporate elite, rigged primaries.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
DaMuleRules, just trying to gauge how much suspension of democracy you believe is warranted since you seemed to be going there. I kind of thought you were just venting until you doubled down on the reply.

Personally, a corporate elite, rigged primary would be the limit for me, although I don't judge (or try not to).

EDIT: I judge.

As I said, we can deal with the issue of fairness within the DNC once we eliminate the threat to the very fabric of our nation that is Trump's GOP.

If someone is outside my house, dousing it in gasoline and reaching for a match, I'm not going to take time out to admonish my kids for fighting over who gets to control the remote for the TV.

And for the record, I don't feel judged at all because I feel 100% resolute in my opinion on what the real threat we need to address is and how we prioritize our approach to that. YMMV, but that's your battle of conscience to wrestle with.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
How did the thread go from Steny Hoyer being a bog standard party line putz to military coups?

Because the far left and the far right get their agitprop from the same source...
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
DNC HQ: 430 South Capitol St SE #3, Washington, DC 20003

In case anyone wanted to organize a protest or two against corporate elite, rigged primaries.

But it's so much easier complaining about it online and not do the hard work of forming an actual political party, organizing it and financing it in all 50 states.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Former Dem Gov. Bill Richardson Tells Smerconish 2020 Democratic Primary Heading Toward Brokered Convention

Maybe they can nominate Hillary again!

Remember when much noise was made about the reforms that were happening in the Democratic Party after 2016 so that super delegates would no longer have an outsized voice in deciding who the candidates are? Here is a reminder:

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/democrats-vs-trump/democrats-strip-super-delegates-power-reform-caucuses-historic-move-n903866

The more things change the more they stay the same.

I’m curious. Have the superdelegates ever carried a candidate to the nomination over someone who won more regular delegates?
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

i think this week will see the shift to yeah trump did it so what...maybe a little more tactful than mulvaney's get over it but yeah think the goal posts will move again several times in the coming week. i guess sondland's testimony is shaping up to be the most interesting. they're going to have to drop the no first hand hearsay nonsense.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
i think this week will see the shift to yeah trump did it so what...maybe a little more tactful than mulvaney's get over it but yeah think the goal posts will move again several times in the coming week. i guess sondland's testimony is shaping up to be the most interesting. they're going to have to drop the no first hand hearsay nonsense.

While Sondland will be interesting, they will attack his credibility given that he has changed his story a few times. That's why I think they'll have a harder time dealing with Vindman. He will testify wearing his uniform and he heard the phonecall. All of their talking points will fall apart when he's up, but they'll probably invent something new or, as you say, opt for the "he did, get over it!" defense.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ani007 wrote:

While Sondland will be interesting, they will attack his credibility given that he has changed his story a few times. That's why I think they'll have a harder time dealing with Vindman. He will testify wearing his uniform and he heard the phonecall. All of their talking points will fall apart when he's up, but they'll probably invent something new or, as you say, opt for the "he did, get over it!" defense.

Exactly. The GOP is nothing but completely predictable.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Just wait til reasonable people start losing it and telling Trump to (bleep) off

History will destroy his whole administration
These people are supporters of white skinhead terror and child theft and assisting Saudi Arabia murder an American journalist. Endless

The list of heinous things they've done and supported and profited from and turned a blind eye to...

Anyone remember this guy?
Jimmy Aldaoud
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/07/iraqi-man-dies-deportation-trump-administration-1643512
Brought to America at the age of one years old
Committed a crime when he was in 20's iirc. Stole something from a open garage door
At the age of 41 Murderers hired by Trump locked him in a cage and transported him to Iraq.
His family fled war (*one America profited from selling weapons to both aggressors) in Iraq while he was in the womb. Born in Greece refugee camp and arrived in America at about 1 year old

ICE CONSCIOUSLY sent this man to his death.
Knowingly
Intentionally
Without remorse or punishment

Diabetic who knew NOBODY IN IRAQ and suffered mental illness

I wish good Patriots would remove Trumpler.

No quarter whatsoever for any Trump dna. Get it off our soil
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Former Dem Gov. Bill Richardson Tells Smerconish 2020 Democratic Primary Heading Toward Brokered Convention

Maybe they can nominate Hillary again!

Remember when much noise was made about the reforms that were happening in the Democratic Party after 2016 so that super delegates would no longer have an outsized voice in deciding who the candidates are? Here is a reminder:

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/democrats-vs-trump/democrats-strip-super-delegates-power-reform-caucuses-historic-move-n903866

The more things change the more they stay the same.

I’m curious. Have the superdelegates ever carried a candidate to the nomination over someone who won more regular delegates?

I don’t know (I remember ‘84 with Mondale using superdelegates to declare victory had a whif of this after Hart won three primaries in a row including California), but I don’t think the question really matters when looking at what happened in 2016. There is a lot to cover:

In 2016, all the major media outlets showed Hillary with a huge lead over Sanders even though no primaries had been held yet. The Democratic Party actually asked the media to stop including superdelegate votes in the overall total because they knew it looked bad...superdelegates aren’t supposed to vote until the convention and can change their minds. Until convention, their support is hypothetical.

What happens next? Sanders overwhelmingly wins New Hampshire in the ballot box, but mainstream news outlets report that Hillary actually “won” NH 15-13 (because of superdelegates), and/or they report that she has a 431-50 lead over Sanders. The perceptions created was that the deck was stacked against Sanders...that even if he got more votes, he wasn’t going to win.

I’m leaving a lot out, but...Fast forward to the tail end of the primaries, where AP reporting that Hillary had clinched the nomination the day before California and New Jersey and other states had even voted. Victory had been declared, not after a vote, but after a reporter called up a bunch of mayors, congressmen, etc that were superdelegates and got them to admit who they were supporting. This manufactured “win” got picked up by all other media outlets...none of this means Sanders necessarily would have have won, or that there is some purposeful conspiracy, but they might have well said, “California, don’t even bother voting tomorrow.”, all the while with no mention that superdelegates commitments change all the time (See Clinton vs. Obama).

It was a perfect storm of a terrible system + super connected Clintons + bumbling and/or complicit media + an unexpected and incredibly popular outsider and non-establishment candidate in Sanders. Fast forward again to today...here is 538’s breakdown of “endorsements” for each of the candidates:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-endorsements/democratic-primary/?ex_cid=rrpromo
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Biden says he won't legalize marijuana because it may be a 'gateway drug'

LINK
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:23 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

LINK

This guy needs better handlers/assistants.

Really really (bleep) dumb of him to keep fighting the will of the people

If I could go back in time and choose my parents drug use
Alcohol or Weed... Alcohol is just vile and disgusting in comparison

This old geezer is gonna make us watch reefer madness again isn't he?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

LINK

Ok, boomer
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

LINK

Such a stupid position, if you're gonna frame yourself as the electable guy then why be against something that has 63% approval with the American electorate (including cross-party support)?

(Probably because he's old as (bleep) and out of touch but I digress)
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

Something many of us have been saying since even before he entered the race.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
tox wrote:

Something many of us have been saying since even before he entered the race.

He has felt like a South Park character to me. Granted he is slim and does exercise but he seems like senility and old age mental decline will be what were electing. He had to have been a drinker in his day?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1811, 1812, 1813 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 1812 of 3673
Jump to: