THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1489, 1490, 1491 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

Ivanka was at the infamous Trump Tower meeting!

Quote:
Tim O'Brien Verified account @TimOBrien

Ivanka Trump joined Kusher, Don Jr, Manafort et al at the June 9, 2016 Trump Tower meeting with Russians, per Gates testimony in #MuellerReport
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

Demand
Ivanka
Jared
Tax returns
"Reasons"
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Jared Yates Sexton @JYSexton [snip]

Link to original Twitter thread

Mind blowing. Beyond what I had expected.

Those in this thread who said Democrats should be embarrassed at how they carried on during the investigation . . . should be the one's embarrassed!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

This is important to know:

Quote:
Trip Gabriel @tripgabriel

The Special Counsel found evidence of crimes outside its scope and made 14 criminal referrals to other jurisdictions. Only 2 of them are known to date.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Remember when Huckabee Sanders said that the FBI had lost confidence in Comey? (it wasn't true)

In the report, she says that she made the comment "in the heat of the moment that wasn't founded on anything."

she also said it was a slip of the tongue to say that several FBI agents contacted the WH to express dissatisfaction with the on going investigation

.....slip of the tongue??? how about flat out lying to the American public.

She should step down in shame they have none
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Jared Yates Sexton @JYSexton [snip]

Link to original Twitter thread

Mind blowing. Beyond what I had expected.

Those in this thread who said Democrats should be embarrassed at how they carried on during the investigation . . . should be the one's embarrassed!

This is why I come to LG for my political news!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

Former Intelligence expert and FBI Special Agent Clint Watts on MSNBC: Russia set out to attack our election and use every influence operation tactic available to them and they were wildly successful.

Bottom line: Russia attacked us in 2016 and they won. And they keep winning every day that Trump remains in office. And GOP politicians aided and abetted every step of the way.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
This is important to know:

Quote:
Trip Gabriel @tripgabriel

The Special Counsel found evidence of crimes outside its scope and made 14 criminal referrals to other jurisdictions. Only 2 of them are known to date.

MSNBC speculates that trump committed other crimes that he was trying to cover up and that the redacted parts are that ongoing Grand Jury investigations that will be so damaging ...AND that the GJ will want to hear it from trump's own mouth

to add they are preserving evidence because a president can be indicted after he leaves office
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kyle Cheney Verified account @kyledcheney

BIG: Mueller and his team concluded that Congress has authority to police obstruction of justice.

MUELLER: “[W]e concluded that Congress has the authority to prohibit a president’s corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice."

That's Mueller saying in lawyerly language that Congress should impeach Trump because no one should be above the law, including the president.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

How long before we the people come to our senses?

March on the White House
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

BIG: Mueller and his team concluded that Congress has authority to police obstruction of justice.

MUELLER: “[W]e concluded that Congress has the authority to prohibit a president’s corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice."

That's Mueller saying in lawyerly language that Congress should impeach Trump because no one should be above the law, including the president.

Now let's see what gets done about that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Is the report enough to take down Trump? (for those who can read it)

it's food for thought ....

🍏 🍎 🍐 🍊 🍋 🍌 🍉 🍇 🍓 🍈 🍒 🍑 🍍 🥭 🥥 🥝 🍅 🍆 🥑 🥦 🥒 🥬 🌶 🌽 🥕 🥔 🍠 🥐 🍞 🥖 🥨 🥯 🧀 🥚 🍳 🥞 🥓 🥩 🍗 🍖 🌭 🍔 🍟 🍕 🥪 🥙 🌮 🌯 🥗 🥘 🥫 🍝 🍜 🍲 🍛 🍣 🍱 🥟 🍤 🍙 🍚 🍘 🍥 🥮 🥠 🍢 🍡 🍧 🍨 🍦 🥧 🍰 🎂 🍮 🍭 🍬 🍫 🍿 🧂 🍩 🍪 🌰 🥜 🍯 🥛 🍼 ☕️ 🍵 🥤 🍶 🍺 🍻 🥂 🍷 🥃 🍸 🍹 🍾 🥄 🍴 🍽 🥣 🥡 🥢
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

It would take people who love the country to impeach Trump.

And I'm talking about the GOP. So no, I don't see them impeaching him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

Don't know if the report has been posted. If not here it is. It's very long.

Mueller Report

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Which is why those that really do have one job . . . vote him out in 2020
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

I don't know what will happen. I think Congress will hold hearings, no matter what they call them.

I've gone back and forth on this, but at this point I think they should start Impeachment hearings. Even if we think Senate won't convict, the way the electoral calendar works out, the end of the trial will coincide with lead-up to 2020 election. If the evidence is there and the GOP Senate won't convict, then the voters will - via the ballot box. Not sure Pelosi wants to go there, but pressure is building from progressives towards impeachment -- because it's the last vestige of maintaining the rule of law. No matter how Trump leaves office, do we want to protect Democracy and the rule of law or not? Republicans won't do it so I think Democrats have to.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Which is why those that really do have one job . . . vote him out in 2020

It's the Rust Belt/Midwest that will likely determine that. I live in a state that didn't surrender electoral votes to him.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kurt Eichenwald Verified account @kurteichenwald

On second, more detailed read, the mueller report just keeps getting worse.

Russians discussed US policy on Syria with kushner. Offered to have a briefing to trump transition team by THREE RUSSIAN GENERALS. Kushner asked to do it over secure comms in Russian embassy.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

GET THIS TRAITOR OUT OF OFFICE, FORGET WAITING TIL 2020 (but how without senate, without supreme court?)
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

I don't know what will happen. I think Congress will hold hearings, no matter what they call them.

I've gone back and forth on this, but at this point I think they should start Impeachment hearings. Even if we think Senate won't convict, the way the electoral calendar works out, the end of the trial will coincide with lead-up to 2020 election. If the evidence is there and the GOP Senate won't convict, then the voters will - via the ballot box. Not sure Pelosi wants to go there, but pressure is building from progressives towards impeachment -- because it's the last vestige of maintaining the rule of law. No matter how Trump leaves office, do we want to protect Democracy and the rule of law or not? Republicans won't do it so I think Democrats have to.

The short time frame is a big reason why not indicting him based on their evidence was such a risk. This time frame is way short in legal terms. Just very hard to see Mueller believing anything was going to happen in a legal sense before Trump could potentially be reelected in 2020. I suppose it was a risk to indict a sitting president too if there's enough evidence, and then fail, making Trump stronger.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Kurt Eichenwald Verified account @kurteichenwald

On second, more detailed read, the mueller report just keeps getting worse.

Russians discussed US policy on Syria with kushner. Offered to have a briefing to trump transition team by THREE RUSSIAN GENERALS. Kushner asked to do it over secure comms in Russian embassy.

Back to Eichenwald, please no. I'll start to fear Mensch and Garland will follow.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about and nothing to hide
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about and nothing to hide

Lock him up
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

The short time frame is a big reason why not indicting him based on their evidence was such a risk. This time frame is way short in legal terms. Just very hard to see Mueller believing anything was going to happen in a legal sense before Trump could potentially be reelected in 2020. I suppose it was a risk to indict a sitting president too if there's enough evidence, and then fail, making Trump stronger.

In the legal sense, yes, convicting him with so many drinking the Trump-aid, is a steep challenge.

In the political sense, let's see how the public reacts to this report, continue with the various investigations, and see what is found. I'm in not hurry as I don't want Pence either, so if the facts clearly point to impeachment, begin the process late this year, or early next year, proceed to impeachment, then to the trial. A trial during the election season, besides not giving Pence a foothold, could be lots of fun.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Agreed.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1489, 1490, 1491 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 1490 of 3673
Jump to: