THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3681, 3682, 3683, 3684, 3685, 3686  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:31 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Not sure why Omar’s joke about the Kennedys was removed. It was funny and nowhere near as offensive as some of the other stuff in this thread.

I didn't report it. But I'm against animal cruelty. So I found joking about a worm being stuck in Kennedy's brain distasteful.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:02 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Not sure why Omar’s joke about the Kennedys was removed. It was funny and nowhere near as offensive as some of the other stuff in this thread.

I didn't report it. But I'm against animal cruelty. So I found joking about a worm being stuck in Kennedy's brain distasteful.

😀💪🏻
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 4:05 am    Post subject:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/05/09/trump-oil-industry-campaign-money/?itid=hp-mv-top-stories_top-table-main_p002_f002

Quote:
Donald Trump has pledged to scrap President Biden’s policies on electric vehicles and wind energy, as well as other initiatives opposed by the fossil fuel industry.

Quote:
Trump’s response stunned several of the executives in the room overlooking the ocean: You all are wealthy enough, he said, that you should raise $1 billion to return me to the White House. At the dinner, he vowed to immediately reverse dozens of President Biden’s environmental rules and policies and stop new ones from being enacted, according to people with knowledge of the meeting, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe a private conversation.
Giving $1 billion would be a “deal,” Trump said, because of the taxation and regulation they would avoid thanks to him, according to the people.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 7:34 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

It was self removed. While many who know me appreciate or at least understand that my dark humor has a transgressive rather than a personally demeaning intent, the right wing picked up the Kennedy stuff and it lost its appeal to me and I didn’t want the association. Or maybe I’m just getting old and I sometimes regret the stuff I say to get a reaction.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:16 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
Finally Biden put on his big boy pants and spoke out against antisemitism today. Good speech today and I hope our Jewish friends feel slightly safer tonight knowing that the Democrat Party has not fully turned their backs against them

What percentage of your media diet is Fox News, Newsmax, Daily Wire, etc.?

The "tell" is calling it the "Democrat Party" instead of the "Democratic Party."
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:18 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
Finally Biden put on his big boy pants and spoke out against antisemitism today. Good speech today and I hope our Jewish friends feel slightly safer tonight knowing that the Democrat Party has not fully turned their backs against them

The "tell" is calling it the "Democrat Party" instead of the "Democratic Party."

Not sure we need tells when the guy is playing with his cards backwards
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:19 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

You can see how Trump was trained on that as well when he became a candidate originally in 2016 and subsequently. He suddenly started using "Democrat Party" because the evangelicals and others told him to do it.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 10:36 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/05/09/trump-oil-industry-campaign-money/?itid=hp-mv-top-stories_top-table-main_p002_f002

Quote:
Donald Trump has pledged to scrap President Biden’s policies on electric vehicles and wind energy, as well as other initiatives opposed by the fossil fuel industry.

Quote:
Trump’s response stunned several of the executives in the room overlooking the ocean: You all are wealthy enough, he said, that you should raise $1 billion to return me to the White House. At the dinner, he vowed to immediately reverse dozens of President Biden’s environmental rules and policies and stop new ones from being enacted, according to people with knowledge of the meeting, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe a private conversation.
Giving $1 billion would be a “deal,” Trump said, because of the taxation and regulation they would avoid thanks to him, according to the people.

This needs to be publicized the way the 47% comment was
But I guess the 47% comment was "worse" since it insults the voters themselves
Still, idk how people don't paint Trump as an out of touch billionaire with (bleep) like this
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Ann Coulter tells the truth about Vivek's his place in the GOP.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ann-coulters-bluntly-racist-admission-105839606.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Coulter is a blatant liar on details, but she’s one of the few that tells a great deal of the truth on her motivations.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Coulter is MTG with an intellect.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 5:23 pm    Post subject:

So GOP delegate Barron Trump is actually fair game now right? None of this “the kid isn’t involved in politics so don’t criticize him” stuff now right?
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:08 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
So GOP delegate Barron Trump is actually fair game now right? None of this “the kid isn’t involved in politics so don’t criticize him” stuff now right?

That piece of crap was born of evil to 2 evil parents, and he only means bad news for the nation and the world: he has never not been fair game, (bleep) him

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:15 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

Absolutely. He’s no longer a minor , he’s an accomplice.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Query; Are Trump's trials a detriment or advantage? He's getting more news coverage than President Biden and it's free. He's holding pressers violating the gag order and campaigning. The media is keeping him relevant to an extent. Also, his trashing the gag order is making Judge Merchan look weak.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Meanwhile, the Republican party continues it's ongoing effort to send women back to the 1800's but worse:

Quote:
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski

Katie Britt introduced a bill to create a national registry of pregnant women. They will then be referred to “crisis pregnancy centers.” The http://Pregnancy.gov database will not allow any vendor who advocates for abortion rights.

We don't even have a national gun registry (or national driver registry, or national voter registry). But women with self-autonomy are so dangerous they must be turned into property of the state.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 12:47 pm    Post subject:

The Repuklican party has completely lost its collective mind. Women are going to be one of the reasons Trump will not win the election. I believe the party knows that and is putting voting rules in place to swing things their way, and they will cheat.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 1:54 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
trmiv wrote:

FWIW, he declined the invitation and will not be a delegate.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 2:30 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Meanwhile, the Republican party continues it's ongoing effort to send women back to the 1800's but worse:

Quote:
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski

Katie Britt introduced a bill to create a national registry of pregnant women. They will then be referred to “crisis pregnancy centers.” The http://Pregnancy.gov database will not allow any vendor who advocates for abortion rights.

We don't even have a national gun registry (or national driver registry, or national voter registry). But women with self-autonomy are so dangerous they must be turned into property of the state.

I think you are close to an idea here.

We need to make this an issue that affects Conservatives.

According to a U.S. Department of Agriculture study published in 2017, the average cost of raising a child from birth through age 17 was $233,610.

We'd need to raise that cost (inflation, increase in cost of living expenses, housing, healthcare, etc.). And make states that pass abortion laws write checks to women who are forced into giving birth. Oh wait. We also have to factor in damages for the women as well. I'm thinking a nice round number like $1 million per birth. Of course the taxes to pay for it should come from the wealthiest individuals.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Trump adds rolling back protections for transgender students to his day one priority list.

Man I truly hate this piece of (bleep).

https://thehill.com/homenews/lgbtq/4656405-donald-trump-transgender-students-athletes-title-ix-lgbtq/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:00 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
trmiv wrote:

FWIW, he declined the invitation and will not be a delegate.

I'm not surprised. I forget the occasion when Trump acknowledged his family and ignored Barron. From what I remember Barron was visibly upset.

Barron Trump declines invitation to be a delegate at the Republican National Convention

LINK

JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Republicans continue advocating for nuclear warfare

1 month ago
73 year old Tim Walberg

Today
69 year old Lindsay Graham

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/sen-graham-says-israel-should-do-whatever-it-needs-to-do-to-survive-compares-war-in-gaza-to-wwii-210757189861
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Away From the Confines of a Courtroom, Trump Rallies Beachside at the Jersey Shore

Someone earlier wondered why the race is tied. Well, when the NYT writes headlines like the one quoted above, we shouldn't be surprised that the race is tied. It's all part of a normalization process that began in 2015. At that rally he said a bunch of crazy, sociopathic things, such as praising Hannibal Lecter.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 5:34 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Quote:
Away From the Confines of a Courtroom, Trump Rallies Beachside at the Jersey Shore

Someone earlier wondered why the race is tied. Well, when the NYT writes headlines like the one quoted above, we shouldn't be surprised that the race is tied. It's all part of a normalization process that began in 2015. At that rally he said a bunch of crazy, sociopathic things, such as praising Hannibal Lecter.

And one of their other headlines is:

Quote:
Trump Leads in 5 Key States, as Young and Nonwhite Voters Express Discontent With Biden

I know polls suck, etc, but this is getting really concerning at this point. Way too many voters are pissed because Biden didn’t magically fix their one key issue or because they want to send some kind of message.

There is going to be some serious “shocked pikachu” faces in January 2025 if Trump takes office and these “voters” realize the (bleep) sandwich they and the rest of us have to eat.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 6:18 am    Post subject:

Congress wouldn’t certify the election.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3681, 3682, 3683, 3684, 3685, 3686  Next
Page 3682 of 3686
Jump to: