THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3110, 3111, 3112 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Val Demings raises $1 million after announcing Senate bid against Rubio

Quote:
Rep. Val Demings (D-Fla.) raised $1 million for her nascent Senate bid in the day after she announced that she plans to challenge Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) in 2022, according to a person familiar with the campaign’s fundraising.

The $1 million figure is staggering for a candidate, especially in a year without any regularly scheduled federal elections. It’s an early sign of momentum for Demings, a rising Democratic star who is seen as the favorite in the budding primary to take on Rubio next year.

But with 10 media markets and a population that exceeds that of New York state, Florida is known for expensive campaigns, putting pressure on Demings to quickly amass a warchest that can compete with that of Rubio, whose Senate campaign reported having nearly $4 million on hand at the end of March.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Val Demings raises $1 million after announcing Senate bid against Rubio

Quote:
Rep. Val Demings (D-Fla.) raised $1 million for her nascent Senate bid in the day after she announced that she plans to challenge Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) in 2022, according to a person familiar with the campaign’s fundraising.

The $1 million figure is staggering for a candidate, especially in a year without any regularly scheduled federal elections. It’s an early sign of momentum for Demings, a rising Democratic star who is seen as the favorite in the budding primary to take on Rubio next year.

But with 10 media markets and a population that exceeds that of New York state, Florida is known for expensive campaigns, putting pressure on Demings to quickly amass a warchest that can compete with that of Rubio, whose Senate campaign reported having nearly $4 million on hand at the end of March.

Val is my rep here in Orlando. I’m definitely donating and voting for her. Unfortunately I don’t think she has much chance to beat Rubio with the grip Rubio has in south Florida with Cubans. He won’t win south Florida but his margins there make it close enough that the rest of the state outside of Orlando carries it for him. I wish she would waited for the Rick Scott seat.

I also don’t see Fried or Crist having any chance vs DeSuckis. Us who hate him really hate him. But the knuckle draggers have Trump like love for this (bleep). He’s got a 53% approval rating somehow.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

McConnell is already announcing that if Republicans take back the Senate in 2022, he WILL NOT put any Biden SCOTUS nominees up for a vote. He stole a seat from Obama (then basically 'stole' RBG's seat) and wasn't punished so he's explicitly saying he'll do it again.

But Joe (bleep) Manchin and Krysten (bleep) Sinema want bipartisanship with these fascist bastards, giviing them free reign to use the filibuster to tank Biden's agenda thereby increasing the odds of them taking back the Senate. So they can steal more SCOTUS seats.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

Breyer needs to retire now.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
McConnell is already announcing that if Republicans take back the Senate in 2022, he WILL NOT put any Biden SCOTUS nominees up for a vote. He stole a seat from Obama (then basically 'stole' RBG's seat) and wasn't punished so he's explicitly saying he'll do it again.

But Joe (bleep) Manchin and Krysten (bleep) Sinema want bipartisanship with these fascist bastards, giviing them free reign to use the filibuster to tank Biden's agenda thereby increasing the odds of them taking back the Senate. So they can steal more SCOTUS seats.

They both are smart enough to know the bolded is true. Which means, they want the bolded to happen. And they want to take as little flack as possible while being the key pieces to the strategy. Koch is paying them to sink the Democratic party from within. More and more people in my circle refer to the party as "Do Nothing Democrats". Which isn't fair. Biden has done alot. But there is soooooooo much more that needs to be done.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject:

I'd rather have Elizabeth Warren as majority leader over Schumer and I'd feel a lot more confident about the Democrats commitment to fight fire with fire. Or really ANY of the Democratic women Senators -- or Cory Booker or a dozen others that would be better than Schumer.

Even if they couldn't get things done, they'd be breathing fire on camera every day letting Americans know that REPUBLICANS are to blame for blocking everything and putting the wealthy Koch Brothers agenda ahead of regular Americans.

When does Schumer ever get worked up about anything? Does anyone believe he is "fighting" for us? Maybe he is but you sure wouldn't know it because his PR campaign is sadly missing in action.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

dems in some cases need to have the saying "What would trump Do"

And do that. Obviously not regarding policy. Primarily tactics.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Dems need to go Lincoln Project.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

People keep thinking you can transfer tactics between anti reality anti policy and real useful policy. You can get people to stop wearing masks and getting vaccinated by creating hoaxes and appealing to their selfish yet completely stupid (because their selfishness puts their self at risk) base personalities. How do you use lies and stupidity to get people to do the right thing? Should lefties storm the Capitol? How do you appeal to racism to get white people to stop discriminating against people of color? How do you create a belief in science by lying about it?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

They did.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

After she called wearing a mask equal to what the Nazis did, forcing Jews to wear the yellow Star of David, MTG was facing the possibility of censure in the House. She came out with this today:

Quote:
Andrew Solender @AndrewSolender

Marjorie Taylor Greene: “I have made a mistake… this afternoon I visited the Holocaust Museum. The Holocaust is- there’s nothing comparable to it.”

WT actual F did she think the Holocaust was before her little field trip?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I'd rather have Elizabeth Warren as majority leader over Schumer and I'd feel a lot more confident about the Democrats commitment to fight fire with fire. Or really ANY of the Democratic women Senators -- or Cory Booker or a dozen others that would be better than Schumer.

Even if they couldn't get things done, they'd be breathing fire on camera every day letting Americans know that REPUBLICANS are to blame for blocking everything and putting the wealthy Koch Brothers agenda ahead of regular Americans.

When does Schumer ever get worked up about anything? Does anyone believe he is "fighting" for us? Maybe he is but you sure wouldn't know it because his PR campaign is sadly missing in action.

Because all of the people who do that poll horribly in battlegrounds. People who live in safe blue (usually affluent and white) bastions always want every national politician to behave like AOC or Ilhan Omar or Bernie, or Warren because they don’t understand that those folks have the luxury of yelling and acting aggressive because none of them have to actually pass policy to win their elections and few of them are interested in much less helpful in the actual act of governance. Noise and protest and you’re doing it wrong are not governance.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

CNN

Quote:
The FBI has warned lawmakers that online QAnon conspiracy theorists may carry out more acts of violence as they move from serving as "digital soldiers" to taking action in the real world following the January 6 US Capitol attack.

The shift is fueled by a belief among some of the conspiracy's more militant followers that they "can no longer 'trust the plan" set forth by its mysterious standard-bearer, known simply as "Q," according an unclassified FBI threat assessment on QAnon sent to lawmakers last week, which was obtained by CNN.

This might lead QAnon followers to seek to harm "perceived members of the 'cabal' such as Democrats and other political opposition -- instead of continually awaiting Q's promised actions which have not occurred," the FBI assesses.

Peachy, just peachy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

They did.

I haven't been following that aspect. Do you have any links? I'd like to see their approach.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

They did.

I haven't been following that aspect. Do you have any links? I'd like to see their approach.

You want links to the last campaign cycle ads? The Dems far outspent the Lincoln project in ads attacking republicans. The Lincoln project got high visibility and publicity for their ads (some of which they aired one time) because there was a story there if republicans attacking their own. A lot of democrats saw the Lincoln project ads, because they were mostly passed online in left leaning circles. But huge swaths of independent and right leaning America didn’t see them. Because while they were helpful in ways, in many ways they were more of a vanity project preaching to the choir.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

They did.

You want links to the last campaign cycle ads? The Dems far outspent the Lincoln project in ads attacking republicans. The Lincoln project got high visibility and publicity for their ads (some of which they aired one time) because there was a story there if republicans attacking their own. A lot of democrats saw the Lincoln project ads, because they were mostly passed online in left leaning circles. But huge swaths of independent and right leaning America didn’t see them. Because while they were helpful in ways, in many ways they were more of a vanity project preaching to the choir.

OK. I haven't seen any Lincoln Project ads of late.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Because all of the people who do that poll horribly in battlegrounds. People who live in safe blue (usually affluent and white) bastions always want every national politician to behave like AOC or Ilhan Omar or Bernie, or Warren because they don’t understand that those folks have the luxury of yelling and acting aggressive because none of them have to actually pass policy to win their elections and few of them are interested in much less helpful in the actual act of governance. Noise and protest and you’re doing it wrong are not governance.

The point is when Dems rollover and don't fight for the policies they ran on, and fail to loudly place the blame on GOP for obstructing, then next election the voters will blame Dems for not getting things done and punish them by staying home. But at least we didn't piss off people who hate AOC, right?

Also, where did I say to put AOC and Ilhan Omar out front? I said *whoever* is in charge of Dem strategy should look like they are fighting hard for the American people instead of letting the Republicans steamroll them. Letting your party get rolled a la Lucy and the football is not the way to turn out the vote in the midterms. That is not a controversial statement.

And when I say "fight harder" I'm not talking about acting crazy, I'm talking more along the lines of at least fighting for Dem causes the way Nancy Pelosi fights. You like her, right?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

This would actually be a good argument if policy was being passed.

But in the current environment it sounds like self-congratulatory, detached-from-reality, centrist bs.

And in a world where policy isn't getting passed. Nobody comes off pragmatic. People just come off as either caring about improving the majority of American lives or not.

No matter who is leading the Dems right now, the agenda won't get done. So the next best thing is drawing the most attention possible to WHY it isn't getting done.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

But Joe (bleep) Manchin and Krysten (bleep) Sinema

Hm. Manchin doesn't have a middle name and Sinema's middle name is Lea. It appears that the filters are malfunctioning. I'll post about this in the feedback forum.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
After she called wearing a mask equal to what the Nazis did, forcing Jews to wear the yellow Star of David, MTG was facing the possibility of censure in the House. She came out with this today:

Quote:

Marjorie Taylor Greene: “I have made a mistake… this afternoon I visited the Holocaust Museum. The Holocaust is- there’s nothing comparable to it.”

I'm just shocked that she had the capacity to learn that she was (dead) wrong on any subject and then admit it. She's done enough for today. Her head was no doubt spinning and she slept 16 straight hours that night. What did she think the Holocaust was before that? The stupid ass had no clue whatsoever about what it was before her trip. She just used it countless times to make bad comparisons. I'm not surprised she had never heard about what happened because Dubya's former press sec'y Dana Perino didn't know what the Cuban Missile Crisis was. On Fox the other day, Dana just referenced Mary Lou Retton's performance in the 1980 Moscow Olympics that the USA didn't attend because Carter pulled us out of them. Like Bill Maher once said, Republicans keep selecting Bimbos. Goldwater, Reagan, Quayle, Palin, Tea Party fools both male and female, TRUMP! On n on. Bimbos!

PS: I absolutely gaaaaaa-ron-tee! (remember that old Cajun chef, Justin Wilson? RIP) that MTG will use the Holocaust again in the future for more false equivalencies. This realization will be short lived.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
SweetP wrote:

Quote:

I'm just shocked that she had the capacity to learn that she was (dead) wrong on any subject and then admit it. She's done enough for today. Her head was no doubt spinning and she slept 16 straight hours that night. What did she think the Holocaust was before that? The stupid ass had no clue whatsoever about what it was before her trip. She just used it countless times to make bad comparisons. I'm not surprised she had never heard about what happened because Dubya's former press sec'y Dana Perino didn't know what the Cuban Missile Crisis was. Like Bill Maher once said, Republicans keep selecting Bimbos. Goldwater, Reagan, Quayle, Palin, Tea Party fools both male and female, TRUMP! On n on. Bimbos!

PS: I absolutely gaaaaaa-ron-tee! (remember that old Cajun chef, Justin Wilson? RIP) that MTG will use the Holocaust again in the future for more false equivalencies. This realization will be short lived.

That's okay -- tomorrow she'll be over it, and won't change her opinion, attitudes or comparisons one iota from before.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:

Quote:

Paid to run... these nutjobs wouldn't have the courage if they weren't picked and paid to run... Hair... Smile... Boobs... talks trash.. I guess that is even better
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Republicans fear AIPAC just like Democrats do, no? Someone told her to get smart and show this asap :

Not being a conspiracist.. just all the money stolen during the pandemic and all the money involved already... Zero trust....
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Biden is abroad doing a big push on democracy v autocracy. BUT the U.S. press — a key part of any functioning democracy — has gotten less access than under previous administrations. And is now forced to resort to updates on from...the Turkish government Twitter account.

The above was tweeted by Ashley Parker, one of Wash Post's most prominent reporters.

And this is how you normalize Trump, by comparing Biden unfavorably to him.

Her own colleague was killed by Trump's buddy Bin Salman and Trump covered it up. But that apparently doesn't matter anymore because Biden doesn't give them as much access. Which is a lie anyway because this administration has regular briefings and she even "updated" the tweet later by implicitly admitting she was full of (bleep). There has been plenty of access during the Euro trip and Biden even gave a press conference.

These journalists, as valuable as their reporting was during Trump's presidency, are increasingly desperate and looking for "scandals" even when there are none.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:33 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Quote:
Biden is abroad doing a big push on democracy v autocracy. BUT the U.S. press — a key part of any functioning democracy — has gotten less access than under previous administrations. And is now forced to resort to updates on from...the Turkish government Twitter account.

The above was tweeted by Ashley Parker, one of Wash Post's most prominent reporters.

And this is how you normalize Trump, by comparing Biden unfavorably to him.

Her own colleague was killed by Trump's buddy Bin Salman and Trump covered it up. But that apparently doesn't matter anymore because Biden doesn't give them as much access. Which is a lie anyway because this administration has regular briefings and she even "updated" the tweet later by implicitly admitting she was full of (bleep). There has been plenty of access during the Euro trip and Biden even gave a press conference.

These journalists, as valuable as their reporting was during Trump's presidency, are increasingly desperate and looking for "scandals" even when there are none.

The US press pool was quite ticked off that they were not allowed on the grounds of Windsor Castle to watch Biden review a bunch of men in red coats and big fur hats. Seriously they complained about that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3110, 3111, 3112 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next
Page 3111 of 3672
Jump to: