THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2991, 2992, 2993 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I'm hoping those arrested will get more than a slap on the wrist. I agree with DMR some, I hope few, will plea to a lesser charge and get the proverbial slap. I'm being lenient when I suggest 180 days and a $10,000 fine.

The alleged leaders should get years in jail. They should receive the maximum sentence allowed. Any politicians found guilty should be expelled and also given maximum sentences.

I think the majority of those who were there and weren't overtly engaging in acts of violence and don't have evidence of threats on social media etc. are going to get treated relatively lightly compared to what they should get.

But the guys like CL posted about, who are on record as making threats and pre-planning, are likely in deep (bleep) and will (hopefully) go down pretty hard with lengthy prison sentences.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm hoping those arrested will get more than a slap on the wrist. I agree with DMR some, I hope few, will plea to a lesser charge and get the proverbial slap. I'm being lenient when I suggest 180 days and a $10,000 fine.

The alleged leaders should get years in jail. They should receive the maximum sentence allowed. Any politicians found guilty should be expelled and also given maximum sentences.

I think the majority of those who were there and weren't overtly engaging in acts of violence and don't have evidence of threats on social media etc. are going to get treated relatively lightly compared to what they should get.

But the guys like CL posted about, who are on record as making threats and pre-planning, are likely in deep (bleep) and will (hopefully) go down pretty hard with lengthy prison sentences.

The planners need to be charged with Sicknick's murder.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Anyone sign the recall Gavin newsome petition? I encourage it. Deadline is March.

Nope, was there a good reason I should, other than you encourage it?

our taxes alone should be enough.

Our gas tax for our "summer blend" is a joke.

Our school systems stink. Unfortunately most liberals refuse to acknowledge our lack of immigration policy is part of the reason.

The overbuilding in communities with lack of updating infrastructure is exactly what was done to SF. Go look at the WSFV. Huge apartment complexes being built yet traffic etc. was never taken into account.

In SF he encouraged growth (without knowing people would be priced out). The homeless IN SF is horrendous.

He turned cali into SF. Which if you live here know that is not a good thing.

How is it, the best state in country is incapable of getting innovative leadership.

What has gavin done as Gov or as mayor of SF?

I hate each and every developmentally disabled rube who is trying to steal my vote for Newsom, or Gray davis back in the day- You Einsteins HAD THE CHANCE to get the leader of your choice elected, those were called "ELECTIONS".
Now to answer your question as to what Newsom has done as Gov, or even mayor- He was the first Mayor of a large metro city to legalize gay marriage, but of course, I 'm guessing you ignore that intentionally.
Recall's are for cowards who don't have the stones to run themselves, and want to suppress the vote of a majority of the state.
Name a Governor who did a better job than any other governor during Covid....(quick hint, it's none due to the complete joke of a Federal repugnicon response to Covid)
I'll wait for you to list some Red state buffoon of a governor who somehow has done better.

I dont look at other states. i dont look at party affiliation. I tend to vote blue however gavin was unqualified especially if you look at what he did to SF. California pre-pandemic was being run into the ground. I would vote for a dem like a katie porter if she ever ran. recalls are great.

awesome on gay marriage. thats great. but how does that effect the majority? Lower taxes. Make some harsh unpopular decisions on homelessness. save the planet AND deregulate where possible. Thats all.

If you couldnt be elected president of USA you shouldnt be elected Gov of cali. Thats how big, important and nuanced we are. thats the kind of leader we need.

Plus in regards to pandemic, i didnt mind when he went maskless dining out while we couldnt,

Trumps failure ultimately caused the states failure.

BTW- name calling etc. is probably better saved for someone else.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

For example, I think this guy is likely screwed big time:

CAPITOL RIOTER
ADMITS DRAGGING COP DOWN STAIRS ...
Denied Bail, Allegedly Tried to Flee U.S. [before trying to kill himself]

Though he may get a break for confessing etc.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:48 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:

The planners need to be charged with Sicknick's murder.

Yep. Felony Murder Law needs to be applied.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I just went down this weird rabbit hole on Amazon. I was looking for art supplies and looking at various papers. I did a search for "themed paper" and a ton of Donald Trump wrapping papers came up. I don't mean one or two. I mean dozens of different designs. Scary. And there was one non-Trump paper I almost reported. The paper was called "Circles" and it looked like a hand making a circle, except I know a white power sign when I see it and it was cleverly presented in the upside down position to make it look innocent.

Upside down is actually their favorite way to do it. But fwiw, circles predates that. It’s the name of a game where you make a circle with your thumb and forefinger and hold it somewhere below your waist and try to get your buddies to look at it. Dumb game been around forever.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Do I have it right? If Trump is impeached and convicted he won't be deemed to be removed because he's no longer in office. The purpose of impeaching and convicting is, he'll be ineligible to hold another federal office. The want of some Republicans is the purge him from the party.

Query; If he's impeached and convicted can he hold State, City, County, lesser government offices?

Here's an article you might want to read that covers what could be done and how. It does not go into lesser government jobs, but I think Trump's silver spoon would prevent him from stooping so low.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject:

I am skeptical that joe will drop the hammer. Maybe if kamala were in the no1 seat but Joe is a career guy who seems to just want to steady the ship. Obviously its only the first few days so we shall see.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Inbox: Sens. Van Hollen, Coons, Tillis, Brown, and Cardin introduced legislation to award Officer Eugene Goodman the Congressional Gold Medal to honor his heroic actions on January 6, 2021.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Our judicial system is on trial. The world is warching.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Trump helped put this country into economic chaos (due to his mishandling of the Covid crisis), and his businesses seem to have been bungled in a similar fashion.

He deserves this AND so much worse.

Do you think he'll go down completely like Randolph and Mortimer?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

The Trump impeachment trial is scheduled to begin on Feb 8th.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
John Lolos, was arrested

Lols.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

For example, I think this guy is likely screwed big time:

CAPITOL RIOTER
ADMITS DRAGGING COP DOWN STAIRS ...
Denied Bail, Allegedly Tried to Flee U.S. [before trying to kill himself]

Though he may get a break for confessing etc.

Jeffrey Sabol, a geophysicist from Colorado..

WHAT?! HUHHHH?! That's an occupation I wasn't expecting to see, but all kinds, I guess...
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

These people

No, Biden Doesn’t Have a ‘Chinese Handler.’ He’s a US Secret Service Agent.

Apparently the right-wing nut jobs noticed an Asian man near Biden during the inauguration.

Quote:
Far-right Facebook and Twitter users became obsessed with the “China man” who “followed Biden all (bleep) day,” as Twitter user We the People put it.

“I just asked why has Creepy Joe got a Chinese handler,” user mynameismyown said in a tweet. “It's so blatant, their (sic) not even trying to hide it anymore.”

David Cho, a Korean-American agent, was picked to lead Biden’s presidential security detail at Wednesday's ceremonies. He is also a decorated member of the agency that protects U.S. leaders and their families.

According to the Washington Post, the perfectionist supervisor was second-in-command of the Secret Service during Trump’s term in office.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
These people

Apparently the right-wing nut jobs noticed an Asian man near Biden during the inauguration.

Quote:
Far-right Facebook and Twitter users became obsessed with the “China man” who “followed Biden all (bleep) day,” as Twitter user We the People put it.

“I just asked why has Creepy Joe got a Chinese handler,” user mynameismyown said in a tweet. “It's so blatant, their (sic) not even trying to hide it anymore.”

David Cho, a Korean-American agent, was picked to lead Biden’s presidential security detail at Wednesday's ceremonies. He is also a decorated member of the agency that protects U.S. leaders and their families.

According to the Washington Post, the perfectionist supervisor was second-in-command of the Secret Service during Trump’s term in office.

There were also right-wing congress people and right-wing "journalists" doing this racist (bleep) on Twitter today too -- and being called out for it.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Impeachable Offense Number 5,062:

NYT: Trump and Justice Dept. Lawyer Said to Have Plotted to Oust Acting Attorney General

Quote:
The Justice Department’s top leaders listened in stunned silence this month: One of their peers, they were told, had devised a plan with President Donald J. Trump to oust Jeffrey A. Rosen as acting attorney general and wield the department’s power to force Georgia state lawmakers to overturn its presidential election results.

The unassuming lawyer who worked on the plan, Jeffrey Clark, had been devising ways to cast doubt on the election results and to bolster Mr. Trump’s continuing legal battles and the pressure on Georgia politicians. Because Mr. Rosen had refused the president’s entreaties to carry out those plans, Mr. Trump was about to decide whether to fire Mr. Rosen and replace him with Mr. Clark.

The department officials, convened on a conference call, then asked each other: What will you do if Mr. Rosen is dismissed?

The answer was unanimous. They would resign.

Their informal pact ultimately helped persuade Mr. Trump to keep Mr. Rosen in place, calculating that a furor over mass resignations at the top of the Justice Department would eclipse any attention on his baseless accusations of voter fraud. Mr. Trump’s decision came only after Mr. Rosen and Mr. Clark made their competing cases to him in a bizarre White House meeting that two officials compared with an episode of Mr. Trump’s reality show “The Apprentice,” albeit one that could prompt a constitutional crisis.

TRUMP WAS TRYING TO INSTALL HIS LACKEY AS ATTORNEY GENERAL ON JANUARY 3RD SO THE DOJ WOULD COERCE GEORGIA INTO HANDING TRUMP THE ELECTION.

This would be a BFD if Trump hadn't already committed 3 bazillion other crimes.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
SweetP wrote:
These people

Quote:

There were also right-wing congress people and right-wing "journalists" doing this racist (bleep) on Twitter today too -- and being called out for it.

The dude who “found” it on Twitter refused to back down even when presented the evidence
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
I just went down this weird rabbit hole on Amazon. I was looking for art supplies and looking at various papers. I did a search for "themed paper" and a ton of Donald Trump wrapping papers came up. I don't mean one or two. I mean dozens of different designs. Scary. And there was one non-Trump paper I almost reported. The paper was called "Circles" and it looked like a hand making a circle, except I know a white power sign when I see it and it was cleverly presented in the upside down position to make it look innocent.

Upside down is actually their favorite way to do it. But fwiw, circles predates that. It’s the name of a game where you make a circle with your thumb and forefinger and hold it somewhere below your waist and try to get your buddies to look at it. Dumb game been around forever.

The paper was $20 a roll so I'll let you decide who their target consumer was...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
SweetP wrote:
These people

Quote:

The dude who “found” it on Twitter refused to back down even when presented the evidence

I searched mynameismyown on Twitter. I don't know if the user name is the person pictured. The person pictured is Black.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Petty, disgraceful people.

Trumps dismissed ushers before Bidens' arrival. The chief usher was sacked, and the staff was sent home early Wednesday, which may explain why the Bidens arrived to find the doors to the North Portico closed.

Quote:
One of Donald and Melania Trump’s final small acts in a presidential transition charitably described as grudging was to send White House ushers home for the day on Wednesday morning, leaving the new first family to fend for themselves upon entering, according to several informed sources.

“The Trumps sent the butlers home when they left so there would be no one to help the Bidens when they arrived,” a well-placed official not associated with the incoming Biden team told National Journal. “So petty.”

The no-shows apparently included chief usher Timothy Harleth. Sources familiar with what happened confirm that Harleth, a former executive of Trump Hotels hired by Melania Trump, was summarily fired by the Trumps before they left—not by the Bidens, as has been widely reported.

Harleth was shown the door before the Bidens reached the door at the North Portico on Wednesday afternoon for their first official entrance as president and first lady. Video of their arrival showed them waving to photographers and hugging for the cameras for more than a minute—longer than typical presidential photo ops—before approaching the entrance with their family. The heavy doors swung open from within about 15 seconds later.

“It’s a big protocol breach for the president to ever stand in front of a closed door at the White House,” a veteran White House social expert said.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Respect to Senate Democrats for slow walking impeachment trial hearings now that Trump is gone and knowing that the steady leak of info about Trump's failed attempt to steal the election will make things look worse and worse ahead of a trial.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Also shout outs to the US military for not backing Trump's coup. Some here, like DMR, thought that you might back his insurrection, but you didn't - DMR was wrong about you - and you helped save American democracy. Kudos.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

The paper was $20 a roll so I'll let you decide who their target consumer was...
I didn’t see it and can’t really comment on the seller’s intent, or who the seller even is. Just providing some factual information that may or may not be relevant.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I didn’t see it and can’t really comment on the seller’s intent, or who the seller even is. Just providing some factual information that may or may not be relevant.

link

(I don't really care one way or the other, just thought I'd paste a link for anyone curious.)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2991, 2992, 2993 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 2992 of 3671
Jump to: