THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2990, 2991, 2992 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Tim O'Brien @TimOBrien

Trump’s campaign paid more than $2.7 million to individuals and firms that organized the Jan. 6 rally that led to violent rioters storming the Capitol.

Trump is toast!!!
He should be made an example of. If he's gutted to the core it may deter those thinking like him to rethink.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Tim O'Brien @TimOBrien

Trump’s campaign paid more than $2.7 million to individuals and firms that organized the Jan. 6 rally that led to violent rioters storming the Capitol.

Will go down as the worst money he's ever spent.

I don't know, have you seen how he decorates?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Tim O'Brien @TimOBrien

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Arlette Saenz @ArletteSaenz

First Lady Jill Biden is delivering treats to National Guard troops at the U.S. Capitol, per pooler @betsy_klein
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject:

Newsweek: Georgia Lawyer Who Kicked in Nancy Pelosi's Door During Riots Denied Release Over Social Media Posts

Quote:
William McCall Calhoun Jr.—a Georgia lawyer who bragged online about kicking in the office door of Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi during the January 6 insurrection at the Capitol—has been denied release from imprisonment because of his numerous Twitter, Facebook and Parler posts promising to execute Democratic leaders and followers.

Calhoun Jr. allegedly wrote on Facebook that he and the "mob" searched through Pelosi's "inner sanctum." He allegedly wrote, "The first of us who got upstairs kicked in Nancy Pelosi's office door and pushed down the hall towards her inner sanctum, the mob howling with rage. Crazy Nancy probably would have been torn into little pieces but she was nowhere to be seen."

Quote:
Calhoun Jr.'s posts allegedly spoke of taking "violent retribution against the media and the Democrats" and of his desire to see Black Lives Matter (BLM) protesters "stacked up high" in "body bags." He once allegedly told a BLM supporter on Twitter, "You won't be laughing when patriots go door to door executing you commies." He also allegedly threatened any media members who poked fun at Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany Trump with "headshots," a style of execution that involves shooting someone in the head.

"God is on Trump's side," Calhoun Jr. allegedly wrote in one post. "God is not on the Democrats' side. And if patriots have to kill 60 million of these communists, it is God's will. Think ethnic cleansing but it's anti-communist cleansing." In other posts, he allegedly spoke of civil war, stating, "As part of the anti-communist counter-revolution, we've got to get serious about stopping them by force of arms."
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Anyone sign the recall Gavin newsome petition? I encourage it. Deadline is March.

Nope, was there a good reason I should, other than you encourage it?

our taxes alone should be enough.

Our gas tax for our "summer blend" is a joke.

Our school systems stink. Unfortunately most liberals refuse to acknowledge our lack of immigration policy is part of the reason.

The overbuilding in communities with lack of updating infrastructure is exactly what was done to SF. Go look at the WSFV. Huge apartment complexes being built yet traffic etc. was never taken into account.

In SF he encouraged growth (without knowing people would be priced out). The homeless IN SF is horrendous.

He turned cali into SF. Which if you live here know that is not a good thing.

How is it, the best state in country is incapable of getting innovative leadership.

What has gavin done as Gov or as mayor of SF?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Repubs are all for unity...when they don't have the power to bulldoze their way into success.

Dems should try to work with the opposition but be willing to move without their help.

Elections have consequences, as do calls to insurrection by the last GOP prez.

IIRC we had both houses in 2008. Republicans stayed block solid. Dems weren't the same. If my memory is on point I hope this time around Dems will use the power of superior numbers.

eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Anyone sign the recall Gavin newsome petition? I encourage it. Deadline is March.

Our school systems stink. Unfortunately most liberals refuse to acknowledge our lack of immigration policy is part of the reason.

The overbuilding in communities with lack of updating infrastructure is exactly what was done to SF. Go look at the WSFV. Huge apartment complexes being built yet traffic etc. was never taken into account.

In SF he encouraged growth (without knowing people would be priced out). The homeless IN SF is horrendous.

How is it, the best state in country is incapable of getting innovative leadership.

I hate each and every developmentally disabled rube who is trying to steal my vote for Newsom, or Gray davis back in the day- You Einsteins HAD THE CHANCE to get the leader of your choice elected, those were called "ELECTIONS".
Now to answer your question as to what Newsom has done as Gov, or even mayor- He was the first Mayor of a large metro city to legalize gay marriage, but of course, I 'm guessing you ignore that intentionally.
Recall's are for cowards who don't have the stones to run themselves, and want to suppress the vote of a majority of the state.
Name a Governor who did a better job than any other governor during Covid....(quick hint, it's none due to the complete joke of a Federal repugnicon response to Covid)
I'll wait for you to list some Red state buffoon of a governor who somehow has done better.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Biden signing more EO's. VP Harris is there with him. She rocks pants suits.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Tim O'Brien @TimOBrien

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Biden signing my EO's. VP Harris is there with him. She rocks pants suits.

In his Laker colors, also!
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Recall's are for cowards who don't have the stones to run themselves, and want to suppress the vote of a majority of the state.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
CBS News @CBSNews

Schumer says he will turn down McConnnell's request for Democrats to protect the filibuster as part of the 50-50 Senate: "Leader McConnell's proposal is unacceptable, and it won't be accepted"

Good first step in holding the line against hypocritical lying GOP.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject:

I just went down this weird rabbit hole on Amazon. I was looking for art supplies and looking at various papers. I did a search for "themed paper" and a ton of Donald Trump wrapping papers came up. I don't mean one or two. I mean dozens of different designs. Scary. And there was one non-Trump paper I almost reported. The paper was called "Circles" and it looked like a hand making a circle, except I know a white power sign when I see it and it was cleverly presented in the upside down position to make it look innocent.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I hate each and every developmentally disabled rube who is trying to steal my vote for Newsom, or Gray davis back in the day- You Einsteins HAD THE CHANCE to get the leader of your choice elected, those were called "ELECTIONS".
Now to answer your question as to what Newsom has done as Gov, or even mayor- He was the first Mayor of a large metro city to legalize gay marriage, but of course, I 'm guessing you ignore that intentionally.
Name a Governor who did a better job than any other governor during Covid....(quick hint, it's none due to the complete joke of a Federal repugnicon response to Covid)
I'll wait for you to list some Red state buffoon of a governor who somehow has done better.

Thanks Eddie.

As a Bay Area resident we’re kinda immune so I wasn’t going to reply after reading his garbage response. I think your retort pretty much nails it.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Newsweek: Georgia Lawyer Who Kicked in Nancy Pelosi's Door During Riots Denied Release Over Social Media Posts

Quote:
William McCall Calhoun Jr.—a Georgia lawyer who bragged online about kicking in the office door of Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi during the January 6 insurrection at the Capitol—has been denied release from imprisonment because of his numerous Twitter, Facebook and Parler posts promising to execute Democratic leaders and followers.

Calhoun Jr. allegedly wrote on Facebook that he and the "mob" searched through Pelosi's "inner sanctum." He allegedly wrote, "The first of us who got upstairs kicked in Nancy Pelosi's office door and pushed down the hall towards her inner sanctum, the mob howling with rage. Crazy Nancy probably would have been torn into little pieces but she was nowhere to be seen."

Quote:
Calhoun Jr.'s posts allegedly spoke of taking "violent retribution against the media and the Democrats" and of his desire to see Black Lives Matter (BLM) protesters "stacked up high" in "body bags." He once allegedly told a BLM supporter on Twitter, "You won't be laughing when patriots go door to door executing you commies." He also allegedly threatened any media members who poked fun at Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany Trump with "headshots," a style of execution that involves shooting someone in the head.

"God is on Trump's side," Calhoun Jr. allegedly wrote in one post. "God is not on the Democrats' side. And if patriots have to kill 60 million of these communists, it is God's will. Think ethnic cleansing but it's anti-communist cleansing." In other posts, he allegedly spoke of civil war, stating, "As part of the anti-communist counter-revolution, we've got to get serious about stopping them by force of arms."

Hope they throw the book at Wannabe Hitler.

Clearly one of these good people on both sides types.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:

Please cut the personal remarks toward other users. We'd like to have a more civil discussion. I know patience has been worn thin and far beyond that, but let's keep it cool. Thank you.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject:

The reports on the state of Trump's businesses are dire. He may be reduced to living on $219,200 per year. (I'd take that)

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Washington Post: Self-styled militia members planned on storming the U.S. Capitol days in advance of Jan. 6 attack, court documents say

Quote:
Self-styled militia members from Virginia, Ohio and other states made plans to storm the U.S. Capitol days in advance of the Jan. 6 attack, and then communicated in real time as they breached the building on opposite sides and talked about hunting for lawmakers, according to court documents filed Tuesday.

While authorities have charged more than 100 individuals in the riot, details in the new allegations against three U.S. military veterans offer a disturbing look at what they allegedly said to one another before, during and after the attack — statements that indicate a degree of preparation and determination to rush deep into the halls and tunnels of Congress to make “citizens’ arrests” of elected officials.

U.S. authorities charged an apparent leader of the Oath Keepers extremist group, Thomas Edward Caldwell, 66, of Berryville, Va., in the attack, alleging that the Navy veteran helped organize a ring of dozens who coordinated their movements as they “stormed the castle” to disrupt the confirmation of President-elect Joe Biden’s electoral college victory.

Quote:
FBI charging papers against Caldwell, Watkins and a third person, former U.S. Marine Donovan Crowl, 50, allege that Caldwell and others coordinated in advance to disrupt Congress, scouted for lodging and recruited Oath Keepers members from North Carolina and like-minded groups from the Shenandoah Valley. The group claims thousands of members who assert the right to defy government orders they deem improper. The plotters both anticipated violence and continued to act in concert after the break-in, investigators alleged in court documents. FBI papers also say that Caldwell suggested a similar event at the local level after the attack, saying in a message: “Lets storm the capitol in Ohio. Tell me when!”

The three are charged with five federal counts of conspiracy against the United States; obstructing an official government proceeding; impeding or injuring government officers; and destroying U.S. property, entering restricted grounds and disorderly conduct at the Capitol.

Conspiracy against the United States would be significant prison time if convicted.

Quote:
In charging papers, the FBI said that during the Capitol riot, Caldwell received Facebook messages from unspecified senders updating him of the location of lawmakers. When he posted a one-word message, “Inside,” he received exhortations and directions describing tunnels, doors and hallways, the FBI said.

Some messages, according to the FBI, included, “Tom all legislators are down in the Tunnels 3floors down,” and “Go through back house chamber doors facing N left down hallway down steps.” Another message read: “All members are in the tunnels under capital seal them in. Turn on gas,” the FBI added.

This part is particularly disturbing because it somewhat implies inside help (members of Congress or staffers)

One the congressional Q-anon kooks, Lauren Boebert, was live tweeting their and Pelosi's locations during the episode. She also carries a gun and has been ignoring security when she sets off the metal detector. If she helped I hope they nail her ass.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Washington Post: Self-styled militia members planned on storming the U.S. Capitol days in advance of Jan. 6 attack, court documents say

Quote:
Self-styled militia members from Virginia, Ohio and other states made plans to storm the U.S. Capitol days in advance of the Jan. 6 attack, and then communicated in real time as they breached the building on opposite sides and talked about hunting for lawmakers, according to court documents filed Tuesday.

While authorities have charged more than 100 individuals in the riot, details in the new allegations against three U.S. military veterans offer a disturbing look at what they allegedly said to one another before, during and after the attack — statements that indicate a degree of preparation and determination to rush deep into the halls and tunnels of Congress to make “citizens’ arrests” of elected officials.

U.S. authorities charged an apparent leader of the Oath Keepers extremist group, Thomas Edward Caldwell, 66, of Berryville, Va., in the attack, alleging that the Navy veteran helped organize a ring of dozens who coordinated their movements as they “stormed the castle” to disrupt the confirmation of President-elect Joe Biden’s electoral college victory.

Quote:
FBI charging papers against Caldwell, Watkins and a third person, former U.S. Marine Donovan Crowl, 50, allege that Caldwell and others coordinated in advance to disrupt Congress, scouted for lodging and recruited Oath Keepers members from North Carolina and like-minded groups from the Shenandoah Valley. The group claims thousands of members who assert the right to defy government orders they deem improper. The plotters both anticipated violence and continued to act in concert after the break-in, investigators alleged in court documents. FBI papers also say that Caldwell suggested a similar event at the local level after the attack, saying in a message: “Lets storm the capitol in Ohio. Tell me when!”

The three are charged with five federal counts of conspiracy against the United States; obstructing an official government proceeding; impeding or injuring government officers; and destroying U.S. property, entering restricted grounds and disorderly conduct at the Capitol.

Conspiracy against the United States would be significant prison time if convicted.

Quote:
In charging papers, the FBI said that during the Capitol riot, Caldwell received Facebook messages from unspecified senders updating him of the location of lawmakers. When he posted a one-word message, “Inside,” he received exhortations and directions describing tunnels, doors and hallways, the FBI said.

Some messages, according to the FBI, included, “Tom all legislators are down in the Tunnels 3floors down,” and “Go through back house chamber doors facing N left down hallway down steps.” Another message read: “All members are in the tunnels under capital seal them in. Turn on gas,” the FBI added.

This part is particularly disturbing because it somewhat implies inside help (members of Congress or staffers)

One the congressional Q-anon kooks, Lauren Boebert, was live tweeting their and Pelosi's locations during the episode. She also carries a gun and has been ignoring security when she sets off the metal detector. If she helped I hope they nail her ass.

I'm hoping those arrested will get more than a slap on the wrist. I agree with DMR some, I hope few, will plea to a lesser charge and get the proverbial slap. I'm being lenient when I suggest 180 days and a $10,000 fine.

The alleged leaders should get years in jail. They should receive the maximum sentence allowed. Any politicians found guilty should be expelled and also given maximum sentences.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

If they follow through with this, *then* I will know they have *acutally* turned on him. We'll see.

CNN: McConnell privately says he wants Trump gone as Republicans quietly lobby him to convict

Quote:
As the House prepares to send articles of impeachment to the Senate on Monday, CNN has learned that dozens of influential Republicans around Washington -- including former top Trump administration officials -- have been quietly lobbying GOP members of Congress to impeach and convict Donald Trump. The effort is not coordinated but reflects a wider battle inside the GOP between those loyal to Trump and those who want to sever ties and ensure he can never run for President again.

The lobbying started in the House after the January 6 attack on the Capitol and in the days leading up to impeachment. But it's now more focused on Sen. Mitch McConnell, the powerful minority leader who has signaled he may support convicting Trump.

"Mitch said to me he wants Trump gone," one Republican member of Congress told CNN. "It is in his political interest to have him gone. It is in the GOP interest to have him gone. The question is, do we get there?"

Quote:
The ongoing Republican whisper campaign, according to more than a dozen sources who spoke to CNN, is based on a shared belief that a successful conviction is critical for the future of the Republican party. Multiple sources describe this moment as a reckoning for the party.

"Trump created a cult of personality that is hard to dismantle," said a former senior Republican official. "Conviction could do that."
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject:

These nitwits just can't stop implicating themselves.

Airport Cop Nabs MAGA Insurrectionist After Spotting Him in Riot Video on Instagram

Quote:
Over the last two weeks, federal authorities have nabbed more than 100 Capitol rioters thanks, in part, to their active social-media accounts. That trend continued Friday, as the feds revealed one rioter, John Lolos, was arrested after he got booted from a flight—and an airport cop recognized him from a photo on his Instagram feed.

According to a criminal complaint, Lolos was removed from a Delta flight leaving Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport on Jan. 8 after repeatedly yelling “Trump 2020!” and disturbing his fellow passengers. Lolos was waiting at the gate for a later flight when a Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority police officer started scrolling through Instagram. That’s when the cop came across a video of several rioters leaving the Capitol, including one man who was waving a “Trump 2020 Keep America Great!” flag that was hooked together with an American flag. “We did it, yeah! We stopped the vote,” the man says. The officer then recognized the booted passenger, who was wearing the same shirt, as the MAGA rioter—and alerted Capitol police.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

"Trump created a cult of personality that is hard to dismantle," said a former senior Republican official. "Conviction could do that."

Yep. It's really a first and necessary step. Actually, convenient for them.

There are still enablers and those who voted after the insurrection to still not certify. That's still in their DNA. And they need that purged, as well, before some of those power hungry psychos can harness the Trump army.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject:

FCC guy out but I heard can’t get the USPS guy out? Biden don’t have the power but boards? F that, dude helped attempt to steal an election
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Do I have it right? If Trump is impeached and convicted he won't be deemed to be removed because he's no longer in office. The purpose of impeaching and convicting is, he'll be ineligible to hold another federal office. The want of some Republicans is the purge him from the party.

Query; If he's impeached and convicted can he hold State, City, County, lesser government offices?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2990, 2991, 2992 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 2991 of 3671
Jump to: