THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2972, 2973, 2974 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Lil Wayne getting a pardon for his Trump endorsement and Melania "will become the first modern first lady not to invite the woman who will replace her to the White House for a walk-through of the private living quarters on the second and third floors.”

Trump administration staying classy till the very end.
Just 2 more days.

Maybe Mel should be given credit for enjoying that decorating and housewarming crap even less than Hillary did.

At least Hillary didn’t rip up all the priceless roses in the rose garden.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Melania's speech gave me a good look at her today, and she gives me the V vibes. LOL! You know the 1984 old school sci-fi series, that was always remade in 2009. She got that reptilian look man. LOL!
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:42 am    Post subject:

Melania's speech was like her, vacant, insincere and tone deaf.

One of the first things on Dr. Jill's agenda should be to restore the WH Rose Garden. It's time to remove Melania's tasteless attempt at a legacy while erasing the odious stench of the Trumps.

Last edited by angrypuppy on Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:01 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Melania's speech was like her, vacant, insincere and tone deaf.

One of the first things on Dr. Jill's agenda should be to restore the WH Rose Garden. It's time to erase her attempt at a legacy and the odious stench of the Trump years.

TFLOTUS, where T is not "The" but "Trophy".
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:23 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Melania's speech gave me a good look at her today, and she gives me the V vibes. LOL! You know the 1984 old school sci-fi series, that was always remade in 2009. She got that reptilian look man. LOL!

I mentioned V the other day. That's what Trump affiliates think the Dems are, but w/ a kid and pizza component involved.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:28 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
That's what Trump affiliates think the Dems are, but w/ a kid and pizza component involved.

Trump & affiliates are also v's: v for vuh-jy-nuhs.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:54 am    Post subject:

TIME LEFT TRUMP HAS TO BUILD HIS WALL AND UNVEIL HIS HEALTH PLAN

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject:

Quote:
In 1,458 days, President Trump has made 30,534 false or misleading claims

The Fact Checker’s ongoing database of the false or misleading claims made by President Trump since assuming office.

Updated Jan. 17, 2021

Washington Post
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject:

Trump is a liar, and his believers are idiots.

F*#kin' losers...deserve each other.

Trump is proof that--for some people--money can't buy you happiness or respect.

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Don't forget the tax returns. I guess they still must be under audit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject:

Observing Biden I sense he's slowed a 1/2 step. It's a natural aging process. Being a smidgen slow on the uptake is nothing to worry about. It means slower processing, taking a minute longer to get there. The main thing is he'll get there.

Joe takes his time, processes, evaluates, weighs options, asks questions, before making a decision. Another thing that gives me confidence in Biden's ability to run the country is, he's doing what Trump said he would but didn't, surrounding himself with competent people. Something else he'll do that Trump didn't, listen.

Tomorrow starts the journey back. It's going to be a rough ride. I'll refer to an old adage ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY..

Like we tell our Lakers when they're playing well LET'S GO!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Don't forget the tax returns. I guess they still must be under audit.

I'm sure those will be revealed. An adage comes to mind. What's done in the dark will come to light. When Trump is stripped of his supposed wealth, great deal maker facade, there's no telling what he may do.

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject:

So, let's guess how many documents and emails have been destroyed in the last few months or more:

a) Less than 10,000

b) Between 10,000 and 100,000

c) Between 100,000 and 1,000,000

d) more than 1,000,000
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject:

24 1/2 hours left.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject:

Melania is just as much low-class trash as all the rest of the Trumps. Even if she leaves him, she'll never get that Trump stink off.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Jesse Rodriguez @JesseRodriguez

Breaking AP: 2 National Guard members have been found to have ties to fringe right group militias and have been removed from mission to protect inauguration

Update: Link

Quote:
Two U.S. Army National Guard members are being removed from the security mission to secure Joe Biden’s presidential inauguration. A U.S. Army official and a senior U.S. intelligence official say the two National Guard members have been found to have ties to fringe right group militias.

No plot against Biden was found.

The Army official and the intelligence official spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity due to Defense Department media regulations. They did not say what fringe group the Guard members belonged to or what unit they served in.

Contacted by the AP on Tuesday, the National Guard Bureau referred questions to the U.S. Secret Service and said, “Due to operational security, we do not discuss the process nor the outcome of the vetting process for military members supporting the inauguration.”

The Secret Service told the AP on Monday it would not comment on if any National Guard members had been pulled from securing the inauguration for operational security reasons.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject:

FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T HEAR IT, MELANIA TRUMP'S FAREWELL SPEECH

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
24 1/2 hours left.

Not that we are counting . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T HEAR IT, MELANIA TRUMP'S FAREWELL SPEECH

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Steve Schmidt @SteveSchmidtSES

I have watched hours of video documenting the fall of the Capitol of the United States of America to a violent, Nihilistic, fascist mob and I believe that but for the grace of god, a little luck and the heroism of Officer Eugene Goodman, a large percentage of the Congress would

Have been murdered
. There is no moving on from this event. We cannot. We must not. Should we do so, it would be an inexplicable betrayal of American democracy. The seditionists who ransacked the Capitol were incited to do so by the President of the United States and his son.
Steve Schmidt

They were incited by Rudy Guiliani, @HawleyMO, @tedcruz,@GOPLeader Kevin McCarthy, @mattgaetz, @Votejimjordan, @MarkMeadows, @kayleighmcenany, @laurenboebert, @VP and many others. They collectively poisoned American democracy with their embrace of the Big Lie about a legitimate

and fair election being stolen. They lied, incited and lied again. They inflamed Trump’s extremist thugs with insanity and cynicism. They sought to throw out millions of Black votes to maintain the power of the loser of the Presidential election. If they had suceeded the

Result would have been the destruction of the 244 year old American Republic. Each one of these people should be driven from public life. They are unfit and unworthy. They have disgraced themselves, broken their oaths and betrayed their country. Their cynicism and dishonesty

Killed 6 people. The propagandists at Fox, Newsmax, Oan, and a dozen lesser extremist news organizations share responsibility for the mayhem.
@SteveScalise is telling his members that Corporate America will be back in the pay to play business within 6 months. I think he is

mistaken. How can any American company support a cause that sought to topple American democracy with lies? How can any American business say it will be ok 6 months from now @USChamber? How can any American business that made statements in support of racial justice over the last

Years ever defend supporting the majority of GOP members who tried to throw out millions of black votes after more than 6O federal court actions made clear there was no fraud at all? January 6th was a historic event that will shale this country for many years. It drew an

Unerasable line between Americanism and Trumpism. Trumpism like all autocratic movements is rooted in lies, conspiracies and manipulation. Fascism has indeed come to America and as was once predicted it has come wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. This immoral movement

Must be crushed. The future of American liberty depends on victory in the long fight ahead. @ProjectLincoln
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject:

File this under "Too Little Too Late":

‘The mob was fed lies’: McConnell says Trump ‘provoked’
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
File this under "Too Little Too Late":

‘The mob was fed lies’: McConnell says Trump ‘provoked’

Yep. The ONLY reason he's saying this now is because big corporate GOP donors are cutting off campaign contributions to Republicans for backing Trump's big election lie, and they are threatening to make it permanent. It's always about MONEY and POWER. Those are the only two factors in any Mitch McConnell equation. He was perfectly happy with Trump's other 4,000 lies and white supremacists permeating and supporting the Republican party.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ex presidents are privy to classified intelligence. I hope Biden doesn't afford that privilege to Trump. I don't trust him. I hope Biden doesn't.

The Trump Administration revoked security clearances for several top former Obama Administration officials, including former CIA Director John Brennan, out of spite.

If Biden does it to the former Trump people, it will be because they represent an actual threat to national security - which they do.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I had a high entrance score. I was one of 4 Blacks on the bridge. There was a quartermaster, a signalman, an electronic technician. I was the fourth in the radio shack. I sent and received morse code, repaired transmitters, and receivers. I had a secret clearance.

That's awesome, but if you are going to regale us with your tales as seaman, we want to hear about what it was like on the Ark.

Got preferential treatment. I was the only Black on the Ark.

You weren't the only one. I was a Ship's Serviceman on the Ark - I kept Noah's fade looking tight!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Breaking: The Georgia Secretary of State's Office has certified the results for the January 5, 2021 runoff.

U.S. Senate
Ossoff — 50.61% — 2,269,923 votes
Perdue — 49.39% — 2,214,979 votes

U.S. Senate Special
Warnock — 51.04% — 2,289,113 votes
Loeffler — 48.96% — 2,195,841 votes

Kamala will swear them in tomorrow (along with her California replacement) right after Biden/Harris inauguration,
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2972, 2973, 2974 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next
Page 2973 of 3670
Jump to: