THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2603, 2604, 2605 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Imagine what it will be like come Election Day itself.

https://twitter.com/imsupercap/status/1322593407328415744

I'll be in Texas on election day, too. Hopefully it isn't so crazy, but Texas is Texas.

Stay safe.

There are literally idiots using terror tactics in the name of Trump:

https://twitter.com/ericcervini/status/1322546782572859395?s=21
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I see a 3 party America in the future. Independents are on the rise. They may replace the Republican party. I believe Democrats are here to stay. LINK

I believe in CA Independents (like me ) now outnumber registered Republicans...I think its like 25.2% to 25.1%...Dems at 44%
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I see a 3 party America in the future. Independents are on the rise. They may replace the Republican party. I believe Democrats are here to stay. LINK

It'll be VERY difficult for 3 significant parties to exist at once without ranked choice voting. The spoiler effect is too strong.

But I can 100% get behind a country where we shift left and Democrats are the "right" party. The Overton window in America is very conservative compared to other developed nations across the globe.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject:

If I'm being realistic, we're probably at least a decade away from the current version of the GOP going away.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
If I'm being realistic, we're probably at least a decade away from the current version of the GOP going away.

Of interest, I did see an interview regarding a movement for the Pubs that will start in CA, recognizing basic things like climate change, raising minimum wage, etc. But the CA based ones would lead the way, assuming it took a hold.

But I do not disagree, this ... new version...the Trumpian party, yea, unfortunately it's rabid base will not go anyway anytime soon.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject:

DrDent (regarding your comment a few posts back) — The nicest, most compassionate thing I think we can come up with to excuse it is that it’s a cult. Otherwise the willful ignorance and excuse making of all that has been said and done just shows that things like democracy, racism, sexism, science, etc., just are not that important to them. And the last nail in the indictment to me is probably that last one. Because the folks that maybe you are thinking about — those Ayn Randian republicans out there who fear Dems are attacking the rights of the individual — well, now they are even tossing out Rand”s objectivism and science at this point to vote Trump. Guess what? Trump has bankrupted you... and whatever ‘cism that’s left on this island you stand on, Republicans, you”re wading knee deep in it.

And really, the saying used to be if you don’t vote, you can’t complain. But honestly, with every line Trump has crossed, with every punch to your family values, your belief in democracy, states rights, free speech, respect for the rule of law, honoring our soldiers, selfless service to others, living with integrity and character, of having no conflict of interest while in office etc., etc., ... a vote for Trump means if you complain about that about some democrat in the future for any of that ... we’ll, like I said, Trump has bankrupted you. A vote for Trump kind of means you can ever complain again.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It'll be VERY difficult for 3 significant parties to exist at once without ranked choice voting. The spoiler effect is too strong.

But I can 100% get behind a country where we shift left and Democrats are the "right" party. The Overton window in America is very conservative compared to other developed nations across the globe.

I see a future that has the Independent party taking the place of the Republican party causing the Republican party to take the place of the now Independent party.

I'm seriously contemplating registering as an Independent. I'm looking into whether or not you have to vote your party registration in California or are you allowed to vote any party. Some states say you have to vote the registered party in a federal election.

If I change to Independent and am allowed I'll vote Dem until Independents are a viable option.

Don't trust the PO. Go to the polls or drop your ballot at a secure ballot dropbox. I dropped mine at a secure box.

I registered for ballot tracking. I received notice my ballot was received and will be counted.

ELECTION COUNTDOWN

GET OUT AND VOTE

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I see a future that has the Independent party taking the place of the Republican party causing the Republican party to take the place of the now Independent party.

I'm seriously contemplating registering as an Independent. I'm looking into whether or not you have to vote your party registration in California or are you allowed to vote any party. Some states say you have to vote the registered party in a federal election.

If I change to Independent and am allowed I'll vote Dem until Independents are a viable option.

Don't trust the PO. Go to the polls or drop your ballot at a secure ballot dropbox. I dropped mine at a secure box.

I registered for ballot tracking. I received notice my ballot was received and will be counted.

ELECTION COUNTDOWN

GET OUT AND VOTE

That sounds exactly like what will happen to alot of moderates on both sides. I see myself ending up there too.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Tomorrow at 5AM: we conclude our polling for the cycle with the final NYT/Siena polls of Arizona, Florida, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin

https://mobile.twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1322556095869657088
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DrDent (regarding your comment a few posts back) — The nicest, most compassionate thing I think we can come up with to excuse it is that it’s a cult. Otherwise the willful ignorance and excuse making of all that has been said and done just shows that things like democracy, racism, sexism, science, etc., just are not that important to them. And the last nail in the indictment to me is probably that last one. Because the folks that maybe you are thinking about — those Ayn Randian republicans out there who fear Dems are attacking the rights of the individual — well, now they are even tossing out Rand”s objectivism and science at this point to vote Trump. Guess what? Trump has bankrupted you... and whatever ‘cism that’s left on this island you stand on, Republicans, you”re wading knee deep in it.

And really, the saying used to be if you don’t vote, you can’t complain. But honestly, with every line Trump has crossed, with every punch to your family values, your belief in democracy, states rights, free speech, respect for the rule of law, honoring our soldiers, selfless service to others, living with integrity and character, of having no conflict of interest while in office etc., etc., ... a vote for Trump means if you complain about that about some democrat in the future for any of that ... we’ll, like I said, Trump has bankrupted you. A vote for Trump kind of means you can ever complain again.

DB!

I tend to be someone who believes in the good in people and gives the benefit of the doubt, and if someone I know opposes my view and cites something I dont know about I will say, ok, let me look it up.

This has been one of those extremely eye opening times for me where essentially almost every time...I mean every time, someone I know pro Trump gives me the "case for Trump"...and I find fatal, critical, questionable, or at best open-ended holes in their position.

At some point I will point out what I've heard and what my findings have been so other folks here, if you ever encounter what I have, can have the FACTS and DATA at their finger tips. It is, frankly, overwhelmingly shocking to me at such a core level.

Just one example. One person I know cited to immigration as a proud Trump achievement. I dug into their position a bit and as usual not much substance was provided. They then gave me this anecdote:

"I've been a substitute teacher! I have been in classes where every student, I mean every one of them could not speak English!" to substantiate the claim of illegal immigration overwhelming the State of California.

I simply pointed out my wife is an immigrant. She came here when she was very young (political asylum). Could not speak a word of English. Is now an American Citizen, bilingual, has a Master's degree, and works as a Government Contractor - "so exactly what is your freaking point bro?" Is what I asked. No answer. was provided by the pro-Trump individual.

Last edited by DrDent on Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
trmiv wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/mjs_dc/status/1322602843661021184?s=21

Texas Republicans want 100,000 votes thrown out that were cast from curbside voting. (bleep) criminals.

This is my worst fear.

If the vote is heavily in favor of BiKam, what can they really do? At some point, they will have to drop him.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
32 wrote:
trmiv wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/mjs_dc/status/1322602843661021184?s=21

Texas Republicans want 100,000 votes thrown out that were cast from curbside voting. (bleep) criminals.

This is my worst fear.

If the vote is heavily in favor of BiKam, what can they really do? At some point, they will have to drop him.

It's essentially a dead heat in Texas. So the odds of it the state going heavily in favor of Biden are pretty slim. 100,000 could have a big impact in the results.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

ELECTION COUNTDOWN

GET OUT AND VOTE

Quote:
Do You Have to Vote for the Party You're Registered With?
Your state may give you the opportunity to declare your political party affiliation on your voter registration card.

You do not have to vote for the party you’re registered with, in a federal, state, or local general election.
But in a presidential primary or caucus, depending on your state’s rules, you may have to vote for the political party you’ve registered with.

https://www.usa.gov/voting-political-party
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

ELECTION COUNTDOWN

GET OUT AND VOTE

Quote:
Do You Have to Vote for the Party You're Registered With?
Your state may give you the opportunity to declare your political party affiliation on your voter registration card.

You do not have to vote for the party you’re registered with, in a federal, state, or local general election.
But in a presidential primary or caucus, depending on your state’s rules, you may have to vote for the political party you’ve registered with.

https://www.usa.gov/voting-political-party

Thank you. I thought as much. My concern was with
Quote:

That's what I'm looking into concerning California.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Thank you. I thought as much. My concern was with
Quote:

That's what I'm looking into concerning California.

Ah yes. I'm living in conservative Oklahoma until I retire, in a few years. There you cannot vote in a Republican primary unless you are registered Republican. However, Independents are allowed to vote in the Democratic primary. Not sure about Cali.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/BeschlossDC/status/1322625856678879233?s=19

Trump just said it at Reading PA rally:
“If we win on Tuesday or — thank you very much, Supreme Court — shortly thereafter…"
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

“If we win on Tuesday or — thank you very much, Supreme Court — shortly thereafter…"

Trump's evil thoughts are always worn on his sleeve (when communicating directly with his cult). The Trump saps that listen eat it all up like pigs eating slop.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

He's been announcing his intentions of stealing the election for a long time now. More importantly, he's been setting up the mechanisms to do so.

It'd be a big mistake to assume he's not going to do it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:

He's been announcing his intentions of stealing the election for a long time now. More importantly, he's been setting up the mechanisms to do so.

If it's an 8-point margin nationally, can he realistically do it? He needs it to be relatively close, I think. If it isn't, I think it's a bridge too far for SCOTUS. But I suppose nothing would shock me, in America in 2020.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:

If it's an 8-point margin nationally, can he realistically do it? He needs it to be relatively close, I think. If it isn't, I think it's a bridge too far for SCOTUS. But I suppose nothing would shock me, in America in 2020.

I have a feeling if it goes to the SCOTUS he'll lose. I don't think even they want another 4 years of Trump. He's lost his last 2, 3 SC rulings?

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject:

I’m just so (bleep) exhausted with horrible people being so relevant in this country. I’m tired of worrying about what they will do, and then witnessing what they actually do. Please majority of people in swing states, do the right thing.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:

There are three justices on this SCOTUS who were involved in stealing Florida for the GOP in 2000. There is no bridge too far for this SCOTUS. Trump has spent the last year sowing the seeds of alleged electoral impropriety. They will rule in his favor in any legal dispute he puts forward.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:

There are three justices on this SCOTUS who were involved in stealing Florida for the GOP in 2000. There is no bridge too far for this SCOTUS. Trump has spent the last year sowing the seeds of alleged electoral impropriety. They will rule in his favor in any legal dispute he puts forward.

But it wasn't a blowout in Florida either way. If Biden wins the popular vote by 8 points, I personally don't think SCOTUS will get on board with it. I realize that I could be totally wrong, though.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:

But it wasn't a blowout in Florida either way. If Biden wins the popular vote by 8 points, I personally don't think SCOTUS will get on board with it. I realize that I could be totally wrong, though.

The GOP doesn't give a rat's ass about what the populace says as a whole, nor will the SCOTUS that they crafted and constructed over the last 4 years. Though I too concede I could possibly be pleasantly surprised. I just don't like the writing on the wall.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Not sure it matters in light of this current convo since democracy is already over and the election is already stolen but latest CNN polls

Arizona
Biden 50
Trump 46

NC
Biden 51
Trump 45

Wisconsin
Biden 52
Trump 44

Michigan
Biden 53
Trump 41
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2603, 2604, 2605 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 2604 of 3671
Jump to: