THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2562, 2563, 2564 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
governator wrote:
Borat 2 got Rudy G caught

You ever see Bruno get Ron Paul? Hilarious.

i thought Ron was into it
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Obama was on the streets of Philadelphia with a bullhorn. And then he spoke at a drive-in rally. Awesome stuff.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

talking about falling from the grace. after 911, Giuliani was the ultimate Mayor of the country, he would've won the presidency if he had the opportunity to run at that time.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Pitiful.
Quote:
Josh Jordan @NumbersMuncher

50% of Trump supporters believe that "top Democrats are involved in elite child sex-trafficking rings" and 37% of Trump supporters believe all or some of QAnon is true.

This insanity isn't going to just go away if Trump loses.

https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/10/20/half-trump-supporters-believe-qanon-theory-child-s

imo a big problem is older people believing everything they see on facebook and the internet.

ive had to tell my 71 year old dad "yeah, that's not true" after he sees one his crazy friends post something on facebook
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
ive had to tell my 71 year old dad "yeah, that's not true" after he sees one his crazy friends post something on facebook

Ditto for my 82-year-old aunt.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Obama was on the streets of Philadelphia with a bullhorn. And then he spoke at a drive-in rally. Awesome stuff.

Great videos. Must view.

'Can you imagine if I had a secret Chinese bank account? They'd call me Beijing Barry! ' Barack Obama campaigns for Joe Biden and slams Donald Trump as a 'crazy uncle' with a 'lie every day' and pleads with his supporters to vote

LINK

Quote:
'You'll be able to go about your lives knowing that the president is not going to retweet conspiracy theroies, about secret cabals running the world, or that Navy Seals didn't actually kill bin Laden,' he said.

'Thank about that, the president of the United States retweeted that. Imagine. What? What?' an aghast Obama asked.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Great videos. Must view.

'Can you imagine if I had a secret Chinese bank account? They'd call me Beijing Barry! ' Barack Obama campaigns for Joe Biden and slams Donald Trump as a 'crazy uncle' with a 'lie every day' and pleads with his supporters to vote

LINK

Quote:
'You'll be able to go about your lives knowing that the president is not going to retweet conspiracy theroies, about secret cabals running the world, or that Navy Seals didn't actually kill bin Laden,' he said.

'Thank about that, the president of the United States retweeted that. Imagine. What? What?' an aghast Obama asked.

Regardless of how anyone feels about his policies, Obama is the most "presidential" and eloquent president of my lifetime. Miss the dude.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
talking about falling from the grace. after 911, Giuliani was the ultimate Mayor of the country, he would've won the presidency if he had the opportunity to run at that time.

People forget that before 9/11, Rudy was a mean, authoritarian but largely incompetent beyond “law and order” guy whose Star was fading fast, and 9/11 bought him grace he never earned or deserved. Much like W, 911 made him seem something he was not, but unlike W, he didn’t have the rudimentary wisdom to ride into the sunset with some of that unearned dignity and grace intact.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:

Ditto for my 82-year-old aunt.

Agreed. Facebook has completely manipulated my Mom's entire social media/news experience. All the ridiculous stories and takes I see from friends and fam, can be attributed to the fact that they still use Facebook heavily.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Late surge by Biden in Iowa, which was preceded by Greenfield closing the gap and taking the lead.

The problem with Iowa, at least in the EC, is that it's too small. So it doesn't help Biden if he loses, say, Pennsylvania. But if he wins Iowa, he would probably win Pennsylvania too since both have high numbers of non-college whites.

There was an enormous amount of polls released yesterday leading up to the debate. Most of them look good for Biden.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Great videos. Must view.

LINK

Quote:

Obama is poking the bear a bit with Trump, making fun of him to get him angry. So Joe can play it cool at the debate and let Trump go off on the Chinese bank account, etc. instead of Joe bringing it up first. Teamwork
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Biden should invite Obama to the be in the audience of the debate tomorrow night.

To just sit there cool as a cucumber with his mask on. Right in front.

Donnie will stroke out on stage.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
How Kamala Harris highlights what women in politics face

1 day ago

With Senator Kamala Harris as a historic vice-presidential running mate, it's impossible to avoid the topic of gender this election cycle - but are the rules of the race really different for women?

Here's how her nomination highlights the issues women in politics have faced for decades - and how things are changing - with analysis from Debbie Walsh, director of the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers University.

The art of not being angry

Women in politics must walk a fine line between assertive and aggressive. Research shows that existing, unconscious gender biases can make women come across as condescending where their male counterparts might be lauded as confident.

For minority women, these gender biases are compounded by racial ones too. And in the US, the trope of the "angry black woman" is an old, insidious stereotype. The trope, which emerged in the 19th Century, characterised black women as unfeminine, irrational and sassy.

Is she fit to lead?

Some analysts argue that women have to prove themselves on the campaign trail in ways men do not, even if gender isn't a primary concern for voters. Where people assume competency for men, women must demonstrate it.

How are things changing?

Ms Walsh says that since 2018, when there was a surge in the number of women running for office, women candidates have become more comfortable with authenticity.

"Not overthinking too much about 'how am I supposed to perform' but trying to be more who they really are," she says. "We saw it in 2018 with a lot of candidates talking about issues that most women would have been told to stay away from."

Those include mentioning young children, to experiencing homelessness or talking about their own financial problems.

BBC
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Great videos. Must view.

LINK

Quote:

Regardless of how anyone feels about his policies, Obama is the most "presidential" and eloquent president of my lifetime. Miss the dude.

Just saw those clips on MSNBC. I'm so glad Obama dropped his classy facade and went on the offensive against Trump.

As a hard-core liberal/social democrat I've always felt like mainstream Dems are way too soft and unwilling to be nasty when needed. Could that finally be changing a little?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:25 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

People forget that before 9/11, Rudy was a mean, authoritarian but largely incompetent beyond “law and order” guy whose Star was fading fast, and 9/11 bought him grace he never earned or deserved. Much like W, 911 made him seem something he was not, but unlike W, he didn’t have the rudimentary wisdom to ride into the sunset with some of that unearned dignity and grace intact.

Ed Koch was on early Conan and when asked what he thought about Rudy's claim that he was gonna get rid of the rat (actual rats) problem in NYC, Ed said, "Really? Is he gonna go WITH them?" And Pizza Rat and Subway Car Rat showed that Rudy failed.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:37 am    Post subject:

A comment a friend sent me regarding Jeffrey Toobin:

Erections have consequences.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:26 am    Post subject:

man if Biden is 10 years young or as energetic and fiesty as Obama, this won't even be a contest.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
A comment a friend sent me regarding Jeffrey Toobin:

Erections have consequences.

Never good if you have to zoom to see
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:46 am    Post subject:

Man, I miss the old Jon Steward/Colbert combo and Bill Maher during Obama. Noah is good but not the same, John Oliver is excellent but both didn't grow up here.

Debate tonight, hold the ship steady Joe! Trump using DNI/FBI to paint a pic of him being the victim of foreign influence (what a spin), rally on the white house lawn, no limit no ethic
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject:

Dutch researcher gains access to Trump’s Twitter account after guessing the password “maga2020!” Two-factor wasn’t even turned on.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/22/trump-twitter-hacked-dutch-researcher-password

maga2020! The password was “maga2020!”!!!!! At least it wasn’t 12345.

In other news, The Onion has decided to just give up because “we just cannot compete with this (bleep).”
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
man if Biden is 10 years young or as energetic and fiesty as Obama, this won't even be a contest.

You can argue he wouldn't have won the nomination. He is here because he's Joe Biden.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

You can argue he wouldn't have won the nomination. He is here because he's Joe Biden.

I agree. Joe was against some young and upcoming talent. He wasn't a shining star during the debates, not a shining star now. He's stability. Gives comfort being who he is. Not bringing new ideas, making promises he can't keep. At this point in time, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. is what this country needs to bring it back to norm.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

He's the safe brand. That's of paramount importance during this ongoing Trump crisis.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject:

Sadly, the only way Democrats were going to beat an unhinged old white man was with a non-threatening old white man. Had to bring the scales back to zero first. Had to take the misogyny and racism of non-college white men off the table so some could be flipped. Sad but true.

Let's hope the composition of the electorate going forward puts this particular unfairness and ridiculousness behind us.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

Well done, Joe.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1319241809873293312
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2562, 2563, 2564 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 2563 of 3673
Jump to: