THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2478, 2479, 2480 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Not to mention that if Barrett is seated in time, Trump will have three justices that were active in stopping the 2000 recount.

Yep. That was one of the signs that made me convinced he plans on stealing the election. Or maybe I shouldn't even use the words "plans on" and just say "is".
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Abby D. Phillip @abbydphillip

Commission on Presidential Debates has issued a statement on last night's debacle: "Last night’s debate made clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues." More changes to be announced...

Hopefully the change will include the moderator's ability to cut the mikes.

They should just do it Zoom meeting style and just cut Trumps feed entirely
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject:

The NYT and other mainstream media have not until now been this blunt in it's headlines.

NYT: Tuesday’s Debate Made Clear the Gravest Threat to the Election: The President Himself

Quote:
President Trump’s angry insistence in the last minutes of Tuesday’s debate that there was no way the presidential election could be conducted without fraud amounted to an extraordinary declaration by a sitting American president that he would try to throw any outcome into the courts, Congress or the streets if he was not re-elected.

His comments came after four years of debate about the possibility of foreign interference in the 2020 election and how to counter such disruptions. But they were a stark reminder that the most direct threat to the electoral process now comes from the president of the United States himself.

His unwillingness to say he would abide by the result, and his disinformation campaign about the integrity of the American electoral system, went beyond anything President Vladimir V. Putin could have imagined. All Mr. Putin has to do now is amplify the president’s message, which the Russian leader has already begun to do.

Everything Mr. Trump said in his face-off with Joseph Biden Jr. he had already delivered in recent weeks, in tweets and rallies with his faithful. But he had never before put it all together in front of such a large audience as he did Tuesday night.

Quote:
Taken together, his attacks on the integrity of the coming election suggested that a country that has successfully run presidential elections since 1788 (a messy first experiment, which stretched just under a month), through civil wars, world wars and natural disasters now faces the gravest challenge in its history to the way it chooses a leader and peacefully transfers power.

We have never heard a president deliberately cast doubt on an election’s integrity this way a month before it happened,’’ said Michael Beschloss, the presidential historian and author of “Presidents of War.”
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Abby D. Phillip @abbydphillip

Commission on Presidential Debates has issued a statement on last night's debacle: "Last night’s debate made clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues." More changes to be announced...

Hopefully the change will include the moderator's ability to cut the mikes.

They should just do it Zoom meeting style and just cut Trumps feed entirely

Other than cutting Trump's feed that would be ideal. I'm relatively sure Trumps camp wouldn't approve that format. It would negate their plan, interrupt, and cause chaos.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
This has 72K likes and 13K retweets:

Quote:
Clare Malone @ClareMalone

Chris Wallace now feels the pain of women in meetings.

Claire McCaskill and several other women panelists on MSNBC repeated a variation of this last night and this morning.

(I know people don't take my word for it because I'm only one woman sharing her opinion -- but believe me, it's not just me who reacted strongly last night.)

It's not just you. Myself and every woman I've spoken with agree. Those unfortunate ones to have been involved with an abusive man are basically having PTSD flashbacks. And we've all dealt with "that guy" at work or school or social situations.

There are female Trump supporters who may approve but there is a reason Trump has a huge gender gap with women and he just displayed why.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Claire McCaskill and several other women panelists on MSNBC repeated a variation of this last night and this morning.

(I know people don't take my word for it because I'm only one woman sharing her opinion -- but believe me, it's not just me who reacted strongly last night.)

It's not just you. Myself and every woman I've spoken with agree. Those unfortunate ones to have been involved with an abusive man are basically having PTSD flashbacks. And we've all dealt with "that guy" at work or school or social situations.

There are female Trump supporters who may approve but there is a reason Trump has a huge gender gap with women and he just displayed why.

Thanks for the back-up. ♀️
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Thanks for the back-up. ♀️

Hopefully, in several weeks we will all be indebted to all the women who saved this country from itself.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Washington Post: Early surge of Democratic mail voting sparks worry inside GOP

Quote:
Democratic voters who have requested mail ballots — and returned them — greatly outnumber Republicans so far in key battleground states, causing alarm among GOP party leaders and strategists that President Trump’s attacks on mail voting could be hurting the party’s prospects to retain the White House and the Senate this year.

Of the more than 9 million voters who requested mail ballots through Monday in Florida, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Maine and Iowa, the five battleground states where such data is publicly available, 52 percent were Democrats. Twenty-eight percent were Republicans, and 20 percent were unaffiliated.

Additional internal Democratic and Republican Party data obtained by The Washington Post shows a similar trend in Ohio, Minnesota, New Hampshire and Wisconsin.

Even more alarming to some Republicans, Democrats are also returning their ballots at higher rates than GOP voters in two of those states where that information is available: Florida and North Carolina.

The wide Democratic lead in mail voting so far has been the subject of urgent discussions among top GOP officials, according to people familiar with the conversations.

The margins are “stunning” — and bad news for Republicans up and down the ballot, said longtime GOP pollster Whit Ayres. While the Republican Party is focused on getting voters out on Election Day, he noted that older voters who have traditionally supported Republicans are most concerned about being infected with the novel coronavirus and could choose to stay home if the outbreak intensifies as the election nears.

Thanks for the updates Linda.

That pollster should actually not be surprised if things go south for the GOP...the current iteration of it is not the same one he has been with over the years, it is clearly the Trumpian party, through and through - hence the number of GOP members who have distanced themselves from Trump, or "Republicans voting for Biden."
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject:

It’s good to see the democrats getting their messaging out so effectively. People reacted to the idea that trump might claim victory on election night due to the lateness or a lot of the mail in ballot, and are going out and voting early.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
It’s good to see the democrats getting their messaging out so effectively. People reacted to the idea that trump might claim victory on election night due to the lateness or a lot of the mail in ballot, and are going out and voting early.

I’m counting the days until October 19th when early voting opens here, I’ll be there day one. I also be dropping off my wife’s mail-in ballot since she never has a chance to get to the polls as a teacher.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Trump is obviously scared (bleep)-less by the early voting numbers too. The vagueness he used to distinguish "good ballots" and "bad ballots" last night was remarkable.
And don't get me started on him criticizing the USPS for losing ballots while he's simultaneously sabotaging them.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

SOUTH CAROLINA
Quinnipiac University
Biden
47%
Trump
48%

A statistical dead heat in South Carolina. Trump won SC by 14 points in 2016.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

That was one of Biden's strongest moments. He looked at the camera and told the country that Trump is full of (bleep) and that they should not be dissuaded from voting.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Yep.

People follow the news. The whole USPS sabotage strategy was too early and too in the open. If you tell millions of people not to trust the USPS, they will start not trusting it.

Good chance we might see a winner on election night.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Yep.

People follow the news. The whole USPS sabotage strategy was too early and too in the open. If you tell millions of people not to trust the USPS, they will start not trusting it.

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject:

Trump now says he doesn't know who the Proud Boys are.

Damage control. His people know he screwed up.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Yep.

I think we may well . . . the real question is what Trump does about it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I think we may well . . . the real question is what Trump does about it.

If life/karma/whatever cosmic force you believe in hands Trump that kind of sh!+ sandwich, well, my suggestion to him would be to take a good-sized bite, not to nibble.

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

He not fooling nobody no more
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

When Duke ran for governor of Louisiana in 1991 as a Republican, Trump said Bush was right “to come out against” Duke’s campaign. Recently he said he didn't know anything about Duke. He lies so much he loses track.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Yep.

I hope for a huge and early Biden victory to shut up sweet potato Hitler. Let him go sulk in Mar a Lago until the inauguration. Play golf, rant on Twitter while the sane world ignores him and prepares to clean up his mess. World leaders will sign in relief and congratulate Biden, experts will want to help, he can start planning all the things he need to do ASAP.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
I hope for a huge and early Biden victory to shut up sweet potato Hitler. Let him go sulk in Mar a Lago until the inauguration. Play golf, rant on Twitter while the sane world ignores him and prepares to clean up his mess. World leaders will sign in relief and congratulate Biden, experts will want to help, he can start planning all the things he need to do ASAP.

That sounds like heaven. I've almost forgot what it was like to have a non-criminal in the White House. Someone who doesn't average over 5,000 lies a year. My eyes are tearing up just imagining it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Yep.

Unfortunately, the lame duck period will not being one of inaction. They will do everything they can to rat (bleep) everything.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

I have a fantasy where at the conclusion of his inauguration, Biden turns to his predecessor and says, “as my first official act, you sir, are under arrest”
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I have a fantasy where at the conclusion of his inauguration, Biden turns to his predecessor and says, “as my first official act, you sir, are under arrest”

Or he get served with a subpoena at the inauguration.
Who are we kidding, Trump will never show up at the inauguration, he will be holding a rally for his supporters at the same time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2478, 2479, 2480 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 2479 of 3671
Jump to: