THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2376, 2377, 2378 ... 3679, 3680, 3681  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

I like how she's being attacked by the far left as a "cop" and by the Trump campaign as "anti-police."

Checked some pro-Bernie social media. For the most part, people are on board. Even Shaun King is on board. There are the occasional "cop" posts, but it's a minority.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Thankfully Nancy Pelosi's endorsement of Ilhan Omar helped carry Onar to victory in her contested primary.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I like how she's being attacked by the far left as a "cop" and by the Trump campaign as "anti-police."

Checked some pro-Bernie social media. For the most part, people are on board. Even Shaun King is on board. There are the occasional "cop" posts, but it's a minority.

When will Dems learn to stick together? Damn Bernie Bros.

Biden Picked A ‘Cop’: Some On Left Slam Choice Of Kamala Harris For VP

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject:

not a good choice. Biden went for a celebrity as opposed to a candidate that truly reaches out to the progressives. Democrats don't need another centrist.

she's great when she prosecutes, but, she flops when the table is turned around

tulsi gabbard rips her apart.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
not a good choice. Biden went for a celebrity as opposed to a candidate that truly reaches out to the progressives. Democrats don't need another centrist.

Who gives a (bleep) about what Tulsi Gabbard thinks except Libertarians masquerading as “progressives” because all they care about is (bleep) with Democrats and couldn’t care less about actually dealing the issues.

That’s why they do stupid and counterproductive (bleep) like stay home on Election Day or make pointless and destructive “protest votes”.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:

tulsi gabbard

hearing her name invoked now is almost as funny as her candidacy

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM

Last edited by C M B on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
paymonM wrote:

tulsi gabbard

hearing her name invoked now is almost as funny as her candidacy

“Funny” is a polite word for “absurd” in this context.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject:

FUN FACT:
Tulsi Gabbard was raised Hare Krishna!

Have you ever seen a Hare Krishna?

Dancin to the beat of their own drum, and the rest of the world "just doesn't get it".
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:05 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:

I agree. I would've preferred Warren. Funny enough Warren isn't progressive enough for alot of progressives.

Tulsi didn't "rip her apart". That's a gross overstatement. But hey, CNN gotta get those clicks. Plus Kamala wasn't their preferred candidate, lets be honest. BUT ... I admit she didn't do a good job defending her record in that debate. And I hope she's prepared to do so moving forward.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:16 am    Post subject:

If you're Joe Biden and if you want to reach out to a group, you should reach out to the backbone of your party: African-Americans and women. That's why Harris is the best pick and checks most of the boxes. That's how the Democratic candidate won two terms with large margins very recently. The "progressives" that are complaining now are not reliable voters and won't be the difference between a win and a loss. The vast majority of progressives - those who are reasonable people and who understand how politics works - will vote for Biden/Harris. The loud "progressives" will have a presence on social media and will pretend to speak for all progressives.

BTW, the only way that earlier post about Tulsi Gabbard can make sense is if it was meant as a joke.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:14 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Kamala Harris in going to have to earn her bones during the campaign. Is the country ready for a Black woman VP? How many know who she is? She's going to have to introduce herself to the country.

She's a United States Senator.
She ran for president, she already earned her place on the ticket.
There were 20 nationally televised Democratic debates.
Kamala Harris was one of the high-profile Senate questioners during the Kavanaugh hearings and Barr hearings.

If she were a male senator would you be asking these same questions?

I know you don't mean to be denigrating to her but the subtext of these kinds of questions shows how gender bias is so pervasive.

I'm trying to bring us all up to speed on what gender bias looks like (even by well-meaning people who don't intend it that way) so we don't have a replay of 2016 gender bias.

YES Why is it any time someone has an opinion about a women candidate you put on your suffragette hat?

The people she has to be introduced to are people who don't follow politics. Not everyone watched the debates. Many don't follow politics or the Kavanaugh hearings. The opinion I inked was a discussion on MSNBC. There were men in the running who'd have to do the same thing, earn their bones.

You're very sensitive in the gender bias area. Sometimes to sensitive.

Lub Ya CL but lighten up.

2016 and the history of the country says I'm being realistic, not "sensitive."
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:16 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Kamala Harris in going to have to earn her bones during the campaign. Is the country ready for a Black woman VP? How many know who she is? She's going to have to introduce herself to the country.

She's a United States Senator.
She ran for president, she already earned her place on the ticket.
There were 20 nationally televised Democratic debates.
Kamala Harris was one of the high-profile Senate questioners during the Kavanaugh hearings and Barr hearings.

If she were a male senator would you be asking these same questions?

I know you don't mean to be denigrating to her but the subtext of these kinds of questions shows how gender bias is so pervasive.

I'm trying to bring us all up to speed on what gender bias looks like (even by well-meaning people who don't intend it that way) so we don't have a replay of 2016 gender bias.

Exactly. She's been prominently on the national stage for since before that LAST election cycle.

No one would say that Beto O'Rourke or Cory Booker need to "introduce themselves" to the country or "earn their bones".

This is demonstrative of the misogyny that derailed Hilary's chances in 2016. I would have hoped we would have learned from that.

Thank you.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:02 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:

Who the (bleep) isn't a centrist to you people?
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:21 am    Post subject:

538 released their first election forecast. Currently it’s Biden 71% to Trump 29%. That’s the same as the final forecast for Hillary vs Trump In 2016. However if they tell the model the election is today, it changes to 93/7
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
If you're Joe Biden and if you want to reach out to a group, you should reach out to the backbone of your party: African-Americans and women. That's why Harris is the best pick and checks most of the boxes. That's how the Democratic candidate won two terms with large margins very recently. The "progressives" that are complaining now are not reliable voters and won't be the difference between a win and a loss. The vast majority of progressives - those who are reasonable people and who understand how politics works - will vote for Biden/Harris. The loud "progressives" will have a presence on social media and will pretend to speak for all progressives.

BTW, the only way that earlier post about Tulsi Gabbard can make sense is if it was meant as a joke.

But . . . wait . . . progressives showed up in huge numbers for Bernie in the primary . . . oh . . . yeah . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
paymonM wrote:

Who gives a (bleep) about what Tulsi Gabbard thinks except Libertarians masquerading as “progressives” because all they care about is (bleep) with Democrats and couldn’t care less about actually dealing the issues.

That’s why they do stupid and counterproductive (bleep) like stay home on Election Day or make pointless and destructive “protest votes”.

well, it doesn't bode well for Harris if a Tulsi Gabbard, who people in this thread are mocking as a nobody, took it to her and made her look bad. She was ill prepared. plain and simple.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
paymonM wrote:

well, it doesn't bode well for Harris if a Tulsi Gabbard, who people in this thread are mocking as a nobody, took it to her and made her look bad. She was ill prepared. plain and simple.

She was prepared for President's attorney, Barr. Maybe she rises to the level of her opponent.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
paymonM wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
paymonM wrote:

She was prepared for President's attorney, Barr. Maybe she rises to the level of her opponent.

Like I said, as a prosecutor, she's solid, but when the table is turned around, she hasn't shown much.

But I think she would make a great AG.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

Every ‘Squad’ Member Won Her Primary

Though they go beyond where I would like to see the country or the party go, I'm still a fan of this group and glad to see their continued success.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Every ‘Squad’ Member Won Her Primary

Though they go beyond where I would like to see the country or the party go, I'm still a fan of this group and glad to see their continued success.

They fight for the country they want for their people, not the MAGA version touted by those who hate The Squad.

There's no 1 way to envision this country, be a patriot, or be a worthwhile American.

I believe in the greatest good for the greatest number, and that number is getting less white...every day.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject:

I don't post this to suggest that Kanye is actually going to be a spoiler, but I do find this aspect of his "campaign" to be worthy of discussion because it is insight into the type of things Trump is going to do moving forward into the presidential race . . . effective or not.

KANYE WEST
MEETING WITH JARED KUSHNER ...
Trump Tie to Campaign?!?

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

I love the pick of Kamala Harris.

The VP pick wasn't going to make or break me. We forget that Mike Pence is the opposing VP. And oh boy I would love to see Kamala hand it to him in the debate. I think she is very well suited to doing this, and it would be glorious. I now don't think the debates matter since people seem firmly entrenched already, but it would be glorious to see.

Great clip about Mike Pence, and other swamp things, who possibly gained the most. Check it out!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:

Like I said, as a prosecutor, she's solid, but when the table is turned around, she hasn't shown much.

The bolded is a fair point. She did a bad job defending her history as a prosecutor. I expect she'll do fine answering those questions moving forward though. And she'll make a great VP.

Unlike Tulsi Gabbard, she actually has a long history of support for minorities.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I don't post this to suggest that Kanye is actually going to be a spoiler, but I do find this aspect of his "campaign" to be worthy of discussion because it is insight into the type of things Trump is going to do moving forward into the presidential race . . . effective or not.

KANYE WEST
MEETING WITH JARED KUSHNER ...
Trump Tie to Campaign?!?

After yesterday's announcement, I was going to say Kanye Who?

Don Lemon opened his show saying that the Democratic Party finally gave voice to a (if not the) major constituency of the party, black women, and it seemed that this was so very well received by Democrats, particularly black Democrats. So, whatever power he may have had for a small minority, just got a lot smaller for a lot fewer.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
paymonM wrote:

The bolded is a fair point. She did a bad job defending her history as a prosecutor. I expect she'll do fine answering those questions moving forward though. And she'll make a great VP.

Unlike Tulsi Gabbard, she actually has a long history of support for minorities.

On the other hand, the important one from now on, the pretend to be on the side of law and order Republicans (who are really just on the side of law and order for those others not like themselves) are going to have a problem attacking her on her history as a prosecutor.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2376, 2377, 2378 ... 3679, 3680, 3681  Next
Page 2377 of 3681
Jump to: