THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2372, 2373, 2374 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Donald Trump should be hanged for crimes against humanity.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

It would only make him a martyr to his followers. But prosecuting him to the full extent of the law is something I'm open to.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:07 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

It would only make him a martyr to his followers. But prosecuting him to the full extent of the law is something I'm open to.

Ideal is that everything criminal about him come out, financial and personal, his school grades, tax returns etc. Also what the Russians have on him. The also criminal GOP senate will exonarate him as usual, but hopefully not the courts.
Nothing would be more satisfying than him being first subjected to shame and ridicule (which he fears the most), then jail time. His delusional base will stay with him, but the whole sane world will despise and laugh at him.
Then jail time for Ivanka and Jared, Moscow Mitch, the WH staff and Barr.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:35 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

The Devil told them they would have power if they sided with him, and they said yes it's a deal. If there were a Jesus, he would be proverbially rolling over in his grave.

Of course the article and the people interviewed don't really acknowledge the inherent racism and bigotry and hypocrisy of their position. They see themselves as victims who just want to hang onto their "way of life" while the big bad people in the cities just don't understand them.

If they could, some of them would still be hanging some of us Black and Brown people.

Christians supporting evil, par for the course for religion.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject:

A Great Biden ad
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Ideal is that everything criminal about him come out, financial and personal, his school grades, tax returns etc. Also what the Russians have on him. The also criminal GOP senate will exonarate him as usual, but hopefully not the courts.
Nothing would be more satisfying than him being first subjected to shame and ridicule (which he fears the most), then jail time. His delusional base will stay with him, but the whole sane world will despise and laugh at him.
Then jail time for Ivanka and Jared, Moscow Mitch, the WH staff and Barr.

This is the least bloodthirsty, most rational and optimistic take and I hope it comes to pass.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject:

"I'm Joe Biden. Elect me as your next president and I guarantee you'll have college football next year."
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
A Great Biden ad

All these ads need to be in heavy rotation on TV. Social Media only is only going to get so far shared amongst like minded people.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:
A Great Biden ad

All these ads need to be in heavy rotation on TV. Social Media only is only going to get so far shared amongst like minded people.

Ads will be on TV. But they are targeting many other forms of media as well because of the different ways people get content now. They are spending $220 million on TV and $60 million on digital.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/05/politics/joe-biden-ad-reservations/index.html
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:
A Great Biden ad

And not just CNN and MSNBC. In fact, advertise on those channels least. Because most of the people who watch them are already gonna vote against Trump. But hit up major sporting events and primetime network TV.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:
A Great Biden ad

And not just CNN and MSNBC. In fact, advertise on those channels least. Because most of the people who watch them are already gonna vote against Trump. But hit up major sporting events and primetime network TV.

Exactly!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

That article said in addition to targeting states they will run national ads on sporting events and new broadcasts.

The current ads they are running though are focusing on swing states so you California folks wouldn’t see them anyway. It says

Quote:
Biden in mid-July began running advertisements in Florida, Arizona, North Carolina and Texas focusing on the coronavirus pandemic and lambasting Trump's response to it.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject:

I want Trump out of office as much as the most people here, but I think Dem better have a campaign rally other than the mis-handling of the coronavirus. Trump campaign can easily brush that aside as a once in a generational kind of pandemic, that no past president had even faced. They can also claim talk is just talk, making actual decisions that affect the entire nation is entirely different. I know most of you including me will just LOL @ this prediction, but the trump base and those closet Trump supporters will totally eat this up and give him a pass on the pandemic.

Anther thing that may work agains Biden is the leakage of China is behind Biden. Most Americans certainly will pick Russia as the lesser evil between Russia and China. Just my own opinion.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
I want Trump out of office as much as the most people here, but I think Dem better have a campaign rally other than the mis-handling of the coronavirus. Trump campaign can easily brush that aside as a once in a generational kind of pandemic, that no past president had even faced. They can also claim talk is just talk, making actual decisions that affect the entire nation is entirely different. I know most of you including me will just LOL @ this prediction, but the trump base and those closet Trump supporters will totally eat this up and give him a pass on the pandemic.

Anther thing that may work agains Biden is the leakage of China is behind Biden. Most Americans certainly will pick Russia as the lesser evil between Russia and China. Just my own opinion.

College football is about to be cancelled. The NFL probably follows suit.

Meanwhile look at just about every other country in the world. Many of those countries have presidents. They faced it successfully. Trump failed miserably.

This isn't hard.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Meanwhile look at just about every other country in the world. Many of those countries have presidents. They faced it successfully. Trump failed miserably.

This isn't hard.

Understood, but I was referring to the swing voters, the claim I aforementioned could be enough to sway them his way again in 2020.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
I want Trump out of office as much as the most people here, but I think Dem better have a campaign rally other than the mis-handling of the coronavirus.

Have you been paying attention the last 3.5+ years to ALL the issues the Dems have brought up? Hardly a day goes by when Trump doesn't break a law, rule, norm, or tradition, AND each time it is duly noted by the Democrats.

The Democrats could have a campaign rally and continuously (as with a filibuster) bring up all that Trump has done, but the catering and sheltering costs would be prohibitive.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Here is something that will undoubtedly sicken any of you who are not Republicans.

Sickening! Surveillance video shows brutal CS lowlife attack of 72-year-old man in Kent

Republicans have simply become an angry cult of conspiracy theorists. If it wasn't for conspiracy ideas, they'd have no ideas at all.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:
A Great Biden ad

Too bad Michael Bloomberg has not kicked in the money he said he would to help the Democratic candidate get elected, even if it was not him. He could pay for a lot of Biden and DNC ads on the networks if he honored his pledge.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:
A Great Biden ad

Too bad Michael Bloomberg has not kicked in the money he said he would to help the Democratic candidate get elected, even if it was not him. He could pay for a lot of Biden and DNC ads on the networks if he honored his pledge.

There's plenty of time.

But if he spent that kind of money on voter registration efforts, that would be even more effective.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Trump presser interrupted. Looks like the WH is on lock down.Shooting outside WH. Suspect taken to hospital.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

He's saying a suspect outside the White House was shot by law enforcement and is being taken to the hospital.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Trump talking about Wall St. I When he's questioned I hope he's asked about things important. He said the election will be rigged because of mail in voting.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Scroll on MSNBC says secret service officer shot person in chest.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Trump's lying his ass off. Saying China and Russia want Biden to win. He's selling fear.....

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

This isn't hard.

Understood, but I was referring to the swing voters, the claim I aforementioned could be enough to sway them his way again in 2020.

We're also in a recession that most other countries have managed to avoid during the pandemic. There are unemployed swing voters facing eviction right now. The Democratic Party passed legislation to address those issues over two months ago and Mitch McConnell and Trump have done nothing. Biden can run on fixing the economy he and Obama helped build back up in 2009, which Trump has somehow destroyed in only 3.5 years.

If you mean "what's Biden and the Democratic Party's platform," then it's easy to look up online and Democratic Party politicians are pushing a message that is much more than just anti-Trump. They have been throughout his presidency.

Let me ask you as if you're a hypothetical swing voter: what is Trump running on that might appeal to you?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2372, 2373, 2374 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 2373 of 3663
Jump to: