THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2368, 2369, 2370 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Trump released a new ad yesterday and almost every image of Biden is altered or intentionally taken out of context to make him look bad. Here is a whole thread going through the particulars.

Quote:
Trump campaign ad against Joe Biden contains a number of doctored images, CNN and WaPo report

https://twitter.com/i/events/1291091122895245312

In two cases they took images of Biden with his head bowed in prayer and photoshopped away the background to make it look like he was "sad, alone, defeated."

In another they photoshopped out a microphone he was holding to make him look like he was posing awkwardly and was somehow out of it.

There was another picture where he sitting in a room full of people. They photoshopped out all the people to make him look like he was alone "hiding."

They are pathetic. They play dirty and you shouldn't fall for it.

I hope they make a ad with the photo shopped images side by side. Knowing Trump he'd probably say Biden's photos were the ones photo shopped.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
If you say that you're worried about Biden's age, I can understand that. And that's why all of us want him to pick a young, vibrant VP. That's all well and good.

But when you say that you've noticed Biden getting worse since March, which is a short four month period, then it's reasonable to question your motivations. That's what Surf said.

It's simply not true that he has gotten worse. Anyone who has genuinely followed Biden in the last few months would tell you that it's not true. I've seen many TV interviews and online streams. Nothing has changed. He's the same Biden he was when he was debating and performing well against Bernie in March.

I had not seen those streams or interviews. What I had seen was disturbing to me. If you want me to dig up the interviews that bothered me, Or a compilation, I will, But my intent was not to show a compilation or bring everyone down and it certainly wasn’t meant to imply that one was the same as the other, it was simply to share a small snippet and express my nervousness about what I was seeing. I am thankful that at least one person in this forum was kind enough to show a longer form interview with him that was “relatively” unedited where he looked sharp. Thank you CL!

There appears to be an overwhelming desire to assume the worst about people’s motivations in this thread, and a tendency for everyone to angrily pile on which...sucks to be honest...but I chalk that up to this thread being this thread.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Trump released a new ad yesterday and almost every image of Biden is altered or intentionally taken out of context to make him look bad. Here is a whole thread going through the particulars.

Quote:
Trump campaign ad against Joe Biden contains a number of doctored images, CNN and WaPo report

https://twitter.com/i/events/1291091122895245312

In two cases they took images of Biden with his head bowed in prayer and photoshopped away the background to make it look like he was "sad, alone, defeated."

In another they photoshopped out a microphone he was holding to make him look like he was posing awkwardly and was somehow out of it.

There was another picture where he sitting in a room full of people. They photoshopped out all the people to make him look like he was alone "hiding."

They are pathetic. They play dirty and you shouldn't fall for it.

That is what my earlier “pre-emptied strike” post was Regarding.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Here's a recent Daily Show interview. He sounds completely normal. There is no hint of anything off. He's is speaking off the cuff, has cogent answers for everything, and even addresses his stutter and gaffs in a charming self-effacing way. People really need to stop letting themselves be unduly influenced by snippets or edited videos designed to make him look bad.

Thank you for posting this. This...puts me at ease!

We’ve been trying to tell you this over and over. It is easy to find interviews. He’s a really knowledgeable, empathetic human. But the lure of “you picked the wrong guy” is strong. I get it, and empathize. But that time is over. You want something to be concerned about? Trump winning. If you’re not working actively against that you’re doing it wrong.

The last few pages have been the equivalent of the Airplane! scene where everyone is slapping, punching, shooting, stabbing the hysterical passenger. That woman is the equivalent of the Surfster in this thread.

Biden is gonna win one for the Zipper.

Haha...that even makes me laugh.

No offense, brah. Light-hearted of course. Alan Licthman predicted Biden btw. By a slim margin, tho he uses his own model that adds up yesses and nos to certain things that he feels impact elections. He's been right for decades. NYT video, today's cyber issue.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

RIP NRA. Thoughts and prayers.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Here's a recent Daily Show interview. He sounds completely normal. There is no hint of anything off. He's is speaking off the cuff, has cogent answers for everything, and even addresses his stutter and gaffs in a charming self-effacing way. People really need to stop letting themselves be unduly influenced by snippets or edited videos designed to make him look bad.

Thank you for posting this. This...puts me at ease!

We’ve been trying to tell you this over and over. It is easy to find interviews. He’s a really knowledgeable, empathetic human. But the lure of “you picked the wrong guy” is strong. I get it, and empathize. But that time is over. You want something to be concerned about? Trump winning. If you’re not working actively against that you’re doing it wrong.

The last few pages have been the equivalent of the Airplane! scene where everyone is slapping, punching, shooting, stabbing the hysterical passenger. That woman is the equivalent of the Surfster in this thread.

Biden is gonna win one for the Zipper.

Haha...that even makes me laugh.

No offense, brah. Light-hearted of course. Alan Licthman predicted Biden btw. By a slim margin, tho he uses his own model that adds up yesses and nos to certain things that he feels impact elections. He's been right for decades. NYT video, today's cyber issue.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Do you know how NY can shut a nationwide organization?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I haven't read the details yet but from what I gather they run as some sort of non-profit organization and NY AG is alleging they are a criminal organization rife with fraud at the top levels of the organization, starting with Wayne LaPierre. She seeks to dissolve them. She did it to the Trump Charity. So she knows what she's doing.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

Washington Post: New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA in suit accusing gun rights group of wide-ranging fraud and self-dealing

Quote:
The chief executive of the National Rifle Association and several top lieutenants engaged in a decades-long pattern of fraud to raid the coffers of the powerful gun rights group for personal gain, according to a lawsuit filed Thursday by the New York attorney general, draining $64 million from the nonprofit in just three years.

In her lawsuit, Attorney General Letitia James called for the dissolution of the NRA and the removal of CEO Wayne LaPierre from the leadership post he has held for the past 39 years, saying he and others used the group’s funds to finance a luxury lifestyle.

She also asked a New York court to force LaPierre and three key deputies to repay NRA members for the ill-gotten funds and inflated salaries that her investigation found they took.

James accused the NRA leaders of flouting state and federal laws and signing off on reports and statements they knew were fraudulent, while diverting millions of dollars away from the NRA’s charitable mission to benefit themselves and their allies.

The attorney general requested that the court bar the four men — LaPierre, general counsel John Frazer, former treasurer Woody Phillips and former chief of staff Joshua Powell — from ever serving in a leadership position for a New York charity in the future.

“The NRA’s influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets,” James, a Democrat, said in a statement.

Quote:
Meanwhile, D.C. Attorney General Karl A. Racine announced Thursday that his office filed a separate lawsuit against the NRA Foundation, which is based in Washington. Racine accused the organization of being a puppet of the NRA, despite legal requirements that it independently pursue charitable purposes. Instead, Racine found, the foundation repeatedly loaned the NRA money to address its rising deficits.

James said at a news conference Thursday that she is seeking to dissolve the NRA because of the brazenness of the group’s violations of law.

“The corruption was so broad and because they have basically destroyed all the assets of the NRA,” she said. “Enough was enough … No one is above the law, not even the NRA.”

Her office cited as a precedent its previous action against the Trump Foundation, which led President Trump to shut down the charity in 2018 amid allegations that he used it for his personal benefit.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:44 am; edited 2 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA in suit accusing gun rights group of wide-ranging fraud and self-dealing

LINK

Quote:
James said at a news conference Thursday that she is seeking to dissolve the NRA because of the brazenness of the group’s violations of law.

“The corruption was so broad and because they have basically destroyed all the assets of the NRA,” she said. “Enough was enough … No one is above the law, not even the NRA.”

Her office cited as a precedent its previous action against the Trump Foundation, which led President Trump to shut down the charity in 2018 amid allegations that he used it for his personal benefit.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I haven't read the details yet but from what I gather they run as some sort of non-profit organization and NY AG is alleging they are a criminal organization rife with fraud at the top levels of the organization, starting with Wayne LaPierre. She seeks to dissolve them. She did it to the Trump Charity. So she knows what she's doing.

I'll be shocked if this is successful.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Ditto. Do they really have jurisdiction? While the NRA is HQ'ed in VA, I suppose some infractions must have occured in NY.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

New York AG going after high profile entities. She got Trump, will she get the NRA?

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Ditto. Do they really have jurisdiction? While the NRA is HQ'ed in VA, I suppose some infractions must have occured in NY.

If anyone in New York paid dues or donated money, the NY AG can sue on behalf of her injured constituents.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
While the NRA has headquarters in the Northern Virginia suburbs outside Washington, DC, the organization has operated as a New York-registered 501(c)(4) group since 1871, the news release stated.

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject:

Conservative nutbag gun nuts will turn this into “Libs trying to steal our guns! Mah second amendment!!!!” without realizing that 1)this has zero to do with their guns and the second amendment and 2)they are the very people the NRA stole money from that resulted in this.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
While the NRA has headquarters in the Northern Virginia suburbs outside Washington, DC, the organization has operated as a New York-registered 501(c)(4) group since 1871, the news release stated.

Thanks. When I saw the headquarters location, I became particularly confused. Still, wouldn't all they have to do is re-register in another state?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject:

Since this is Trumplandia with a million things happening at once:

NYT: Gov. Mike DeWine of Ohio Tests Positive for Coronavirus

Quote:
Gov. Mike DeWine of Ohio has tested positive for the coronavirus, his office said in a statement on Thursday, making him the second governor in the nation known to have received a positive test result.

Mr. DeWine, a Republican who has stood out in his party and among the nation’s governors for his decisive response to the virus, was tested as part of a standard protocol because he was scheduled to greet President Trump on the tarmac of Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland on Thursday.

Mr. DeWine did not meet with the president, who is expected to speak about the economy and visit a Whirlpool factory during a visit to Ohio on Thursday afternoon.

Mr. DeWine was not experiencing symptoms, his office said, and he was returning to Columbus, where he will be tested again. He plans to quarantine in his home for the next 14 days.

It seems a lot of people with no symptoms find out they're positive due to mandatory quick testing because they are scheduled to meet with Trump.

It makes you wonder how many thousands of asymptomatic people are wandering around passing the infection without ever knowing they are positive (and who never develop symptoms themselves).
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject:

Trump on the tarmac in Ohio to his YUGE crowd of about 50 people:

Quote:
Trump (waving his arms): "If Biden is elected...there will be no religion, no anything, hurt the Bible, hurt God, he's against God, he's against guns, he's against energy."

video
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
SweetP wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Thanks. When I saw the headquarters location, I became particularly confused. Still, wouldn't all they have to do is re-register in another state?

If Letitia James gets her way there won't be a NRA. Not likely.

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
Trump (waving his arms): "If Biden is elected...there will be no religion, no anything, hurt the Bible, hurt God, he's against God, he's against guns, he's against energy."

video

Wow, Biden must have immense powers if he can hurt God.

Trump sounds deranged.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
Gov. Mike DeWine of Ohio has tested positive for the coronavirus, his office said in a statement on Thursday, making him the second governor in the nation known to have received a positive test result.

Mr. DeWine, a Republican who has stood out in his party and among the nation’s governors for his decisive response to the virus, was tested as part of a standard protocol because he was scheduled to greet President Trump on the tarmac of Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland on Thursday.

Mr. DeWine did not meet with the president, who is expected to speak about the economy and visit a Whirlpool factory during a visit to Ohio on Thursday afternoon.

Mr. DeWine was not experiencing symptoms, his office said, and he was returning to Columbus, where he will be tested again. He plans to quarantine in his home for the next 14 days.

It seems a lot of people with no symptoms find out they're positive due to mandatory quick testing because they are scheduled to meet with Trump.

It makes you wonder how many thousands of asymptomatic people are wandering around passing the infection without ever knowing they are positive (and who never develop symptoms themselves)

Exactly! If we all had access to these rapid tests, think of how many asymptomatic people would be detected. Companies could test their employees on a regular schedule, schools also could. Walk-in clinics for people that think they might have been exposed. Quarantine the positives and do contract tracing like a normal industrialized nation and the spread would go way down.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

video

He's thisclose to dropping N bombs
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

video

He's thisclose to dropping N bombs

Or saying he spoke to God and God wants him re-elected.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

It makes you wonder how many thousands of asymptomatic people are wandering around passing the infection without ever knowing they are positive (and who never develop symptoms themselves)

Exactly! If we all had access to these rapid tests, think of how many asymptomatic people would be detected. Companies could test their employees on a regular schedule, schools also could. Walk-in clinics for people that think they might have been exposed. Quarantine the positives and do contract tracing like a normal industrialized nation and the spread would go way down.

A whole bunch of North Eastern states (including Massachusetts) plus a couple of others have banded together to put together their own ability to manufacture/acquire quick testing kits for wide use in their states. In other words, they are doing what the Federal government should have done months ago. The press asked Trump yesterday when these White House quick tests will be available to all Americans. He dodged the question. It's not only that Trump failed in January and February and March and April and May and June and July, it's that he is still failing. And has no plan to turn things around at all. His plan is to keep failing through the election but lie about it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2368, 2369, 2370 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 2369 of 3673
Jump to: