THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2362, 2363, 2364 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject:

Trump uses irrelevant COVID charts to defend the indefensible:

Swan: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population. That’s where the U.S. is really bad. Much worse than South Korea, Germany, etc.”

Trump: “You can’t do that.”

Swan: “Why can’t I do that?”
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject:

So someone told him that seniors vote by mail in large numbers in Florida, so he says mail-in voting is perfectly safe in that state. But not in other states, where it's full of fraud.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject:

Trump is like that drunk-idiot-uncle at a family party, who says all kinds of outrageous and offensive stuff, except Trump isn't drunk.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
So someone told him that seniors vote by mail in large numbers in Florida, so he says mail-in voting is perfectly safe in that state. But not in other states, where it's full of fraud.

The Republican Florida Governor DeathSantis will do anything for Trump. ANYTHING.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject:

The illiterate fracking moron didn't know how to pronounce "Yosemite" and pronounced "yo-Semite."

video

If he wasn't born into wealth and been protected from the consequences of his actions for his entire adult life, he'd be a babbling homeless guy pushing a shopping cart.

If I could ask God one question it would be how did an immoral criminal psychopath ascend to the US presidency and con so many into supporting, defending and protecting him?

I suspect the answer includes the word Satan.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

And it's not just seniors in Florida. Republicans have always had an advantage in mail-in voting -- but he's too stupid to actually know that. Many GOP strategists are afraid he might scare GOP voters into NOT voting by mail, while Democrats increase both mail-in voting and in-person voting.
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
The full Axios interview aired tonight.

It's as batsh*t crazy as you expect.

i haven't laughed so hard in forever. It's funnier than any Netflix stand up special i've seen.

I was laughing so hard i was cleaning the tears from my eyes. Only to realize those were tears of sadness because this was no comedian. But our president. Ugh.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The illiterate fracking moron didn't know how to pronounce "Yosemite" and pronounced "yo-Semite."

video

If he wasn't born into wealth and been protected from the consequences of his actions for his entire adult life, he'd be a babbling homeless guy pushing a shopping cart.

If I could ask God one question it would be how did an immoral criminal psychopath ascend to the US presidency and con so many into supporting, defending and protecting him?

Or that there isn't one.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

video

Or that there isn't one.

This. Not to turn this down a path, but Trump and 2020 are plenty of evidence to indicate there isn't one.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Trump, as president, is attributable to his idiot voters. They were presented with a sh!+ sandwich, by Trump; that sandwich was smothered in Ranch sauce; they were told it would taste good--because Trump said so.

Look at them, now.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

video

Guess they never covered 4 syllable words at Wharton.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Kobeskillz wrote:
Wilt wrote:
The full Axios interview aired tonight.

It's as batsh*t crazy as you expect.

i haven't laughed so hard in forever. It's funnier than any Netflix stand up special i've seen.

I was laughing so hard i was cleaning the tears from my eyes. Only to realize those were tears of sadness because this was no comedian. But our president. Ugh.

My father has early onset dementia. It got to a point where he couldn't live on his own, so I lived with him for two months while we got everything set up to move him to an assisted living facility. He was okay more often than not, but the times when he wasn't were exactly why I was there. One night I woke up at around 2 and found him sitting at the dining room table. He was going through a stack of years old documents. I asked him what he was doing and ended up sitting next to him as he pointed to random figures on each page, reading them to me with no context whatsoever but with conviction like he was teaching me something.

That's what came to mind watching Trump.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

video

The most frightening thing is he may be reelected president.

Trump is Satan's Behemoth

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Ughhh...Biden is looking bad.

Sorry all, I kmow nobody wants to see or hear this, but ugh.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

Uhh... You haven't seen his opponent in the past years have you?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Trump is getting more desperate by the day. He thinks because he says it he can do it.

Trump vows to sue Nevada to block universal mail-in ballots

LINK
Quote:

Trump, who has repeatedly claimed without evidence that voting by mail will lead to rampant fraud, wrote on Twitter the legislation approved on Sunday was an “illegal late night coup” and told reporters his administration was already preparing a lawsuit.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

That's it? Seriously?

Is that host the Hannity of Australia or something? What an unprofessional buffoon. The comments are full of disgruntled BernieBros and Trumpies. They can both hope Biden will fall on his face (just like they hoped for that last debate with Bernie), but it won't happen.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

He's running against someone that told people to inject disinfectant and gloated about barely passing a cognitive test.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Surfit's been dying to roll one another of those "Biden is incompetent" videos for months now.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Krish Kobach loses the primary in Kansas. Had he won, the Democrats would have had a more realistic shot to take that Senate seat. He had already lost to a Democrat two years ago in the race for governor.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

He's running against someone that told people to inject disinfectant and gloated about barely passing a cognitive test.

I still don't believe he knew that test is typically used to check for early signs of dementia.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

If I could ask God one question it would be how did an immoral criminal psychopath ascend to the US presidency and con so many into supporting, defending and protecting him?.

He's a combination of the worst qualities of Palin, Quayle, Dubya, Cheney, Stone, Rove, and Nixon when you think about it. I'm just sticking to the American political creeps, not the Euro fascists he emulates. But even Dan Quayle and W wouldn't bleep up Yosemite.

It also means that he would accidentally pronounce Vegemite the right way. He wouldn't know how to pronounce it either, and he's probably never heard of it either, but he would accidentally speak it the right way.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

I watched a few minutes of his press briefing. Setting everything else aside for a second, he can't even appear presidential. The suit doesn't fit him, he walks like a caveman, he has no posture, his face is a mess, etc. And being overweight has little to do with it. He is just incapable of looking dignified.

And millions of people look at that and say: yep, that's my president.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

Even if the point wasn't just to get Trump out of there no matter who the hell was running against him, having a guy who sounds like Joe (even a dottering old fool as the Rs say) -- it was all good when Reagan was that guy and now they're just totally aghast at the Dems trying it. Hypocrites as usual. And bleep em anyway.

Biden is a probable 1-termer IIIIIIIIIIIF he wins. With all the sh Trump is doing to mess up this election, I'm not extremely faithful about those polls saying Biden is so far ahead that it's a done deal. Kind of a fool me twice feeling. However, he's going to have a capable VP judging by the list of candidates that have been aired this week. Any of them can handle the job. That's a much better scenario than 4 more years of chaos and destruction by Trump. And he is probably running with Pence again. Which would you rather have, that grabbastic Chreeischin as Pres or someone like Bass or Harris? We're in safe hands with Biden no matter what happens. But the Repubs are pulling the same thing they did with Hillary when they secured that golden egg that was her stumbling tape. And they didn't have any of this crap to say about Reagan who was probably already in the early stages of Alzheimer's by or during his 2nd term. He left office in 89 and wrote a letter to the public stating his exit from public life due to his condition in 94.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:18 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Surfit's been dying to roll one another of those "Biden is incompetent" videos for months now.

I saw nothing whatsoever that is alarming there. It's not like he's a poor confused old man who doesn't know where he is. He immediately corrected himself. So he misspoke for a moment; means nothing to me. As for what he said about trusting the scientists, yeah, that's exactly what we should do, and I got what he said. He's saying, yes, I'm a politician, but I'm going by the scientists, so if you're listening to me, it's only because you should be listening to the scientists. In other words, he's not going to go off on his own and put his head in the sand.

Talk about grasping at straws! I mean, is Biden the sharpest person the Democrats could have put up? No, but he is what the primaries produced, and produced fairly, and what he lacks in sharpness he makes up for in a lot of other areas. I believe he's a good man and at this moment in time, losing is not an option. So he's not the perfect candidate. Whatever. Just get him elected and let's start to fix this mess, and hopefully he passes the baton to another Democratic president in 2024.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2362, 2363, 2364 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 2363 of 3663
Jump to: