THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2313, 2314, 2315 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject:

Current Repugnicants can only hope to hold power via voter suppression, pitting whites against non-whites, and foreign help.

They proclaim patriotism in public but practice treason in private.

They're worse than Judas Iscariot and Benedict Arnold.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Two presidents tweeted today.

Quote:
Barack Obama @BarackObama

This holiday weekend, let’s be safe and smart. It’s going to take all of us to beat this virus. So wear a mask. Wash your hands. And listen to the experts, not the folks trying to divide us. That's the only way we’ll do this—together.

Quote:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
·
NASDAQ HAD ITS 23RD RECORD CLOSE OF THE YEAR. OTHER EXCHANGES ARE FOLLOWING CLOSELY BEHIND. TREMENDOUS POTENTIAL REMAINING. BIG MONTHS UPCOMING. NEXT YEAR, DEPENDING ON AN ELECTION WIN, WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST EVER! @LouDobbs
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Political Polls @Politics_Polls

#National @MonmouthPoll

Biden 53% (+12)
Trump 41%

By Age:

18-34:
Biden 54% (+19)
Trump 35%
35-49:
Biden 54% (+14)
Trump 40%
50-64:
Biden 49% (+5)
Trump 44%
65+:
Biden 59% (+21)
Trump 38%
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Political Polls @Politics_Polls

#National @MonmouthPoll

Biden 53% (+12)
Trump 41%

By Age:

18-34:
Biden 54% (+19)
Trump 35%
35-49:
Biden 54% (+14)
Trump 40%
50-64:
Biden 49% (+5)
Trump 44%
65+:
Biden 59% (+21)
Trump 38%

Wow look at the numbers in the over 65 group. Guess letting granny die for the economy is not going over well.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject:

So President Lard-ass is on Lakota land to address a bunch of white folks on their "history". I expect he will leave out the genocide and slavery parts.

MAGA idiots yelling at NDN protesters that they need to "go home".
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
So President Lard-ass is on Lakota land to address a bunch of white folks on their "history". I expect he will leave out the genocide and slavery parts.

Also, no masks and no social distancing. They even zip-tied the chairs together so people couldn't space them apart even if they wanted to. They are all deplorable and Hillary was right about every damn thing.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
SweetP wrote:

Also, no masks and no social distancing. They even zip-tied the chairs together so people couldn't space them apart even if they wanted to. They are all deplorable and Hillary was right about every damn thing.

If Trump's traveling covid circus causes an outbreak that spreads to the surrounding reservations it could be very bad. Not a lot of medical resources/hospitals. Some places have no running water. Lot of people live in multi-generational households. Respect for elders is a key part of the culture, if the older generation die off, it will be devastating.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
SweetP wrote:

Just when I think he's been as stuuuupid as he could get he does this.

For corroboration

Quote:
Jim Acosta
@Acosta
Many of the seats at Trump’s speech tonight at Mount Rushmore are being ziptied together, guaranteeing no social distancing for scores of people attending the event. Discussing all of this and more on @CNNSitRoom this evening. Filling in for Wolf.

For those who missed MT Rushmore speech.

Watch Live: Trump speaks at Mount Rushmore event
FF 1:17 to hear Trump

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Don Jr's girlfriend tested positive for COVID.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Good
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:56 pm    Post subject:

VoteVets released this ad titled "Benedict Donald."

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:07 am    Post subject:

Apparently Trump's speech was a stinker last night. From reading reviews and watching a few clips, here's the summary -- it was written like a Stephen Miller 5th grade Nazi book report read off the teleprompter by someone who was reading it for the first time. He slurred and mispronounced words all the way through in that dead low-energy monotone he uses when he's trying to read. Plus he was probably sundowning. Embarrassing.

And in two weeks there will be a spike in COVID cases for many of the delusional idiots who sat through this without masks because Merica and Freedumb.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:42 am    Post subject:

NYT: Trump Uses Mount Rushmore Speech to Deliver Divisive Culture War Message

Quote:
Standing in a packed amphitheater in front of Mount Rushmore for an Independence Day celebration, President Trump delivered a dark and divisive speech on Friday that cast his struggling effort to win a second term as a battle against a “new far-left fascism” seeking to wipe out the nation’s values and history.

Quote:
Mr. Trump barely mentioned the frightening resurgence of the pandemic, even as the country surpassed 53,000 new cases and health officials across the nation urged Americans to scale back their Fourth of July plans.

Instead, appealing unabashedly to his base with ominous language and imagery, he railed against what he described as a dangerous “cancel culture” intent on toppling monuments and framed himself as a strong leader who would protect the Second Amendment, law enforcement and the country’s heritage.

The scene at Mount Rushmore was the latest sign of how Mr. Trump appears, by design or default, increasingly disconnected from the intense concern among Americans about the health crisis gripping the country. More than just a partisan rally, it underscored the extent to which Mr. Trump is appealing to a subset of Americans to carry him to a second term by changing the subject and appealing to fear and division.

“Most presidents in history have understood that when they appear at a national monument, it’s usually a moment to act as a unifying chief of state, not a partisan divider,” Michael Beschloss, the presidential historian, said before the speech.

Quote:
“We will not be tyrannized, we will not be demeaned, and we will not be intimidated by bad, evil people,” Mr. Trump said, referring to his political opponents and their supporters.

This has Stephen Miller written all over it.

Quote:
Mr. Trump sat on a packed dais with the first lady, Melania Trump, the national security adviser, Robert O’Brien, and Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff, none of whom wore masks.

As the president departed Washington for South Dakota on Friday, at least five states — Alabama, Alaska, Kansas, North Carolina and South Carolina — reported their highest single day of cases yet. Newly reported cases of the virus were rising in all but a handful of states, and many large cities, including Houston, Dallas, Jacksonville and Los Angeles, were seeing alarming growth.

Quote:
But the president’s attempt to drive deeper into the culture wars around a national holiday, during an intensifying health crisis that will not yield to his tactics, risked coming across as out of sync with the concerned mood of the country at a moment when his re-election campaign is struggling and unfocused.

Projection + Racism + White Supremacy + Victimhood + Ignorance + Denial
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:

If you ask them about irony, they'll say that Sunday is laundry day.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Apparently Trump's speech was a stinker last night. From reading reviews and watching a few clips, here's the summary -- it was written like a Stephen Miller 5th grade Nazi book report read off the teleprompter by someone who was reading it for the first time. He slurred and mispronounced words all the way through in that dead low-energy monotone he uses when he's trying to read. Plus he was probably sundowning. Embarrassing.

And in two weeks there will be a spike in COVID cases for many of the delusional idiots who sat through this without masks because Merica and Freedumb.

It was dull and divisive. I'm still having a hard time listening to it. I have it posted so I can go back to it now and again. I'll take time to force listen sometime today.

Trump spoke about the statues now being taken down. On that I issue, statues being removed have a place in American history and should be placed in a institution for remembrance. They're symbols of what not to do.

Yes remove them but don't forget them. They hold importance in the advancement of social evolution. They bear truth that is important. IMO they represent errors that forged paths to correctness.

I scanned the crowd. Very few wore masks and there was no social distancing. Melanie didn't wear a mask. She sat in close proximity to people not wearing masks. If she contracts COVID-19 (bleep) gonna hit the fan.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject:

I am tired of conservatives telling me how they aren't bias and they base their opinions on objective facts collected from various news sources to only conclude spouting an opinion that I have heard almost verbatim from some Fox News talking head like Tucker, Ingraham or Hannity.

On a similar note, their obsession with Obama and the Clinton's never ceases to amaze me. They don't even see their own tribalism, overly concerned with the speaker of the message rather than the message itself. So focused on criticizing the message instead of offering solutions more than abstract ideas like cut taxes and freedom. The details and any requirement of beyond surface analysis is always too much to ask. When did asking questions and demanding real answers become some sort of game that provokes a response "I'm not going to play your game."

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

That’s the least dangerous thing she could test positive for.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

It was dull and divisive. I'm still having a hard time listening to it. I have it posted so I can go back to it now and again. I'll take time to force listen sometime today.

Trump spoke about the statues now being taken down. On that I issue, statues being removed have a place in American history and should be placed in a institution for remembrance. They're symbols of what not to do.

Yes remove them but don't forget them. They hold importance in the advancement of social evolution. They bear truth that is important. IMO they represent errors that forged paths to correctness.

I scanned the crowd. Very few wore masks and there was no social distancing. Melanie didn't wear a mask. She sat in close proximity to people not wearing masks. If she contracts COVID-19 (bleep) gonna hit the fan.

The idea that you need a statue anywhere in order to remember the lessons of history is ridiculous.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

From Trump's Mt Rushmore speech:
Quote:

"This left-wing cultural revolution is designed to overthrow the American Revolution."

I don't think the UK wants us back as a colony at this point.

Quote:
"We settled the Wild West, won two World Wars, landed American astronauts on the moon, and, one day very soon, we will plant our flag on Mars."

While standing on land Lakota were murdered for to steal it back after gold was found in the Black Hills.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

They--the native (Indian) peoples--should have asked the Puritans for their papers, when they got here from being kicked out of Europe for being weirdoes.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Wilt wrote:

That’s the least dangerous thing she could test positive for.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Very good Biden 4th of July video message:

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1279414665542381568

(In stark contrast to the orange racist divider-in-chief.)
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Marry, date, dump.

Your options are Trump, McConnell, and Ben Shapiro.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Joe Biden 4th of July Op-Ed:

Joe Biden: Trump erodes America's foundation. This Fourth of July, I pledge to rebuild it.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
NYT: Trump Uses Mount Rushmore Speech to Deliver Divisive Culture War Message

Quote:
Standing in a packed amphitheater in front of Mount Rushmore for an Independence Day celebration, President Trump delivered a dark and divisive speech on Friday that cast his struggling effort to win a second term as a battle against a “new far-left fascism” seeking to wipe out the nation’s values and history.

Quote:
Mr. Trump barely mentioned the frightening resurgence of the pandemic, even as the country surpassed 53,000 new cases and health officials across the nation urged Americans to scale back their Fourth of July plans.

Instead, appealing unabashedly to his base with ominous language and imagery, he railed against what he described as a dangerous “cancel culture” intent on toppling monuments and framed himself as a strong leader who would protect the Second Amendment, law enforcement and the country’s heritage.

The scene at Mount Rushmore was the latest sign of how Mr. Trump appears, by design or default, increasingly disconnected from the intense concern among Americans about the health crisis gripping the country. More than just a partisan rally, it underscored the extent to which Mr. Trump is appealing to a subset of Americans to carry him to a second term by changing the subject and appealing to fear and division.

“Most presidents in history have understood that when they appear at a national monument, it’s usually a moment to act as a unifying chief of state, not a partisan divider,” Michael Beschloss, the presidential historian, said before the speech.

Quote:
“We will not be tyrannized, we will not be demeaned, and we will not be intimidated by bad, evil people,” Mr. Trump said, referring to his political opponents and their supporters.

This has Stephen Miller written all over it.

Quote:
Mr. Trump sat on a packed dais with the first lady, Melania Trump, the national security adviser, Robert O’Brien, and Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff, none of whom wore masks.

As the president departed Washington for South Dakota on Friday, at least five states — Alabama, Alaska, Kansas, North Carolina and South Carolina — reported their highest single day of cases yet. Newly reported cases of the virus were rising in all but a handful of states, and many large cities, including Houston, Dallas, Jacksonville and Los Angeles, were seeing alarming growth.

Quote:
But the president’s attempt to drive deeper into the culture wars around a national holiday, during an intensifying health crisis that will not yield to his tactics, risked coming across as out of sync with the concerned mood of the country at a moment when his re-election campaign is struggling and unfocused.

Projection + Racism + White Supremacy + Victimhood + Ignorance + Denial

And that was a couple days after he announced the greatest, most incredible, fantastic, historic economic news in the history of the universe (I'm paraphrasing his press briefing). But it says a lot that they don't think that stuff works with the base. Even when the economy was decent, his rallies were always about spreading hate and fear.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2313, 2314, 2315 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 2314 of 3663
Jump to: