THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2310, 2311, 2312 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Jun 24, 2020,08:27pm EDT

Chances Of A Second Stimulus Check Just Got A Whole Lot Better

LINK

It shouldn't be an either/or situation, but if it comes down to it, expanded UI > stimulus check.

Man, I want my stimulus check. I've only have $283.81 left from the last one.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Political Polls @Politics_Polls

NEW @ChangePolls/@CNBC Poll (6/26-28):

#Arizona:
Biden 51% (+7)
Trump 44%
#Florida:
Biden 50% (+5)
Trump 45%
#Wisconsin:
Biden 51% (+8)
Trump 43%
#Pennsylvania:
Biden 50% (+6)
Trump 44%
#Michigan:
Biden 48% (+5)
Trump 43%
North Carolina:
Biden 51% (+7)
Trump 44%
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Pompeo's propaganda line is that the Russians have been doing shenanigans in Afghanistan for decades so this is nothing new. Really. The Secretary of State is saying it's no big deal. The entire administration is a disgrace. They know Trump is a treasonous snake and they don't care, they continue to cover for him.

Everything they accused Hillary of in 2016, they have actually now done themselves.

They are all traitors and when Democrats retake the Senate and the White House, I hope they go after every single one of them.

This is their standard tactic:

Its not true
It's partially true but I was never told because it wasn't credible
It's credible but not proven which is why it was in writing but not briefed to me orally
They do it all the time so it's not a big deal
etc.
And then start having people argue different answers at different times randomly.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

QUESTION:
How do you know when Trump is lying?

ANSWER:
His lips are moving.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Political Polls @PpollingNumbers

Battleground Senate Races:

#NCsen:
Cunningham (D) 51% (+10)
Tillis (R-inc) 41%

#AZsen:
Kelly (D) 53% (+9)
McSally (R-inc) 44%

#MIsen:
Peters (D-inc) 49% (+7)
James (R) 42%

@CNBC
/
@ChangePolls
(6/26-28)
1:26 PM · Jul 1, 2020·Twitter Web App

Tillis and McSally are both pro-Trump lackeys. Good to know at least *some* Republicans will pay a price for being complicit sycophants.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Pompeo's propaganda line is that the Russians have been doing shenanigans in Afghanistan for decades so this is nothing new. Really. The Secretary of State is saying it's no big deal. The entire administration is a disgrace. They know Trump is a treasonous snake and they don't care, they continue to cover for him.

Everything they accused Hillary of in 2016, they have actually now done themselves.

They are all traitors and when Democrats retake the Senate and the White House, I hope they go after every single one of them.

Its not true
It's credible but not proven which is why it was in writing but not briefed to me orally
etc.
And then start having people argue different answers at different times randomly.

One group they won't be able to fool with this misdirection: military vets and military families who lost loved ones in Afghanistan.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Sorry, that was a long drawn out answer Jo.
The "rats" in Congress have contemplated jumping. But they'll go down with the ship.
The "rats" in the Supreme Court are steadfast besides Roberts. He sleeps every night in the lifeboat. But keeps it on the down low.

Rats jumping ship was overstated. My contention is some will distance themselves from him.

The party as a whole will be there, less vocal but there. Trump is toxic. He's his own worst enemy. It's becoming more and more difficult to defend his positions.

Jacksonville Convention August 17, 2020. I'll be watching to see how many wear masks and if Trump does. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Amy Siskind @Amy_Siskind

This is important: Biden has broader support from the Democratic base at 91%-4% than Trump among Republicans 89%-8%.

Investor's Business Daily: Joe Biden Extends Lead As Coronavirus, Protests Sink President Trump Job Approval: IBD/TIPP Poll

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden has extended his lead over President Donald Trump to eight points among registered voters, the July IBD/TIPP Poll finds. Trump's reelection campaign is ailing as Americans widely disapprove of his handling of the coronavirus crisis, protests over George Floyd's killing and his overall job performance.

Joe Biden leads President Trump 48%-40% among registered voters, after Biden led 45%-42% a month ago. In May, the two candidates were tied at 43%.

Biden leads among independent voters, 40%-34%. Meanwhile, Democrats seem to have moved past intraparty squabbles and come home to Biden. He led Trump 91%-4% among Democrats. Trump is having a harder time holding down GOP votes. He leads among Republicans, 89%-8%.

Quote:
Among swing-state voters included in the IBD/TIPP Poll, Biden leads Trump, 57%-33%. Those states classified as swing states based on 2016 results include Florida, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

Quote:
Self-described investors, with household ownership of at least $10,000 in equities or mutual funds, narrowly back Trump, 47%-45%. But Trump's support dived among noninvestors. Trump trails Biden among noninvestors 35%-51% vs. 40%-44% a month ago.

Not all well-off people are choosing the tax-cut package when it comes with a side of racism and incompetence.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Its not true
etc.

It's the narcissists prayer:

THE NARCISSIST’S PRAYER:

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did...
You deserved it.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

I could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and they'd still support me.
I could facilitate the deaths of 130,000 Americans and they'd still support me.
I could let Putin hire terrorists to murder American soldiers and they'd still support me.

Every single Republican deserves to be booted from office, starting in November.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and they'd still support me.
I could facilitate the deaths of 130,000 Americans and they'd still support me.
I could let Putin hire terrorists to murder American soldiers and they'd still support me.

Every single Republican deserves to be booted from office, starting in November.

🤞🏾 🤞🏾

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

It shouldn't be an either/or situation, but if it comes down to it, expanded UI > stimulus check.

Same, but boosted unemployment is going to do more to help keep the bottom of the economy from falling out in the short-term.

It shouldn't be an either/or situation regardless, of course.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Same, but boosted unemployment is going to do more to help keep the bottom of the economy from falling out in the short-term.

I agree. My post was me being facetious , more or less.

Until a vaccine is found and proven, allowing people to return to work, the economy should be a front burner issue.

Helping those on furlough or have lost their jobs UI is more important than a stimulus check.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Schumer joins Bennett and Wyden - two of the more progressive Senate Dems - to argue for automatic stabilizers in the next round of stimulus. Obviously a losing proposition against McConnell, but another positive sign that a Democratic party controlled Senate under Biden could be much more aggressive than they were in 2009-10.

As an aside, I think greenfrog definitively lost the argument about leveraging McConnell for more concessions during the CARES Act negotiations in March. The leverage of electoral losses in the wake of a recession and even the horror of tens of thousands of additional dead Americans in red states has barely moved the GOP.

Maybe accelerationism does work...? BLM is popular. Upping immigration is now popular. Chris Coons is flirting with abolishing the filibuster while Chuck "how does it poll?" Schumer is backing automatic stabilizers. Huh. Bernie's "revolution" without Bernie...?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

I agree. My post was me being facetious , more or less.

Until a vaccine is found and proven, allowing people to return to work, the economy should be a front burner issue.

Helping those on furlough or have lost their jobs UI is more important than a stimulus check.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Fox News interview with Trump from today:

Quote:
"We're doing very good with Coronavirus. And I think that at some point it's going to sorta disappear. I hope. And I think we're going to have a vaccine very soon too."

This is the simplistic magical thinking of a child. Except he's the most dangerous man in the world causing the unneeded deaths of thousands due to his continued inaction, incompetence, lies, dangerous maskless rallies, misinformation and bad example.

Link to video
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Fox News interview with Trump from today:

Quote:
"We're doing very good with Coronavirus. And I think that at some point it's going to sorta disappear. I hope. And I think we're going to have a vaccine very soon too."

This is the simplistic magical thinking of a child. Except he's the most dangerous man in the world causing the unneeded deaths of thousands due to his continued inaction, incompetence, lies, dangerous maskless rallies, misinformation and bad example.

Link to video

Do everything you can to not tackle the issue, mock those who do, and if and when they succeed around you, claim victory.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Robert Gibbs, Jay Carney and Josh Earnest never had to hold a press conference to announce that the President reads

-Pete Souza, the Obama-era White House photographer
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject:

He has no answers, he's given up. I think people, especially those in the middle that could potentially vote for him, are recognizing it, too. And with Bountygate still in the headlines, he has nothing to say.

Unless some sort of economic miracle happens between now and November, he will continue with nothing to say. None of his arguments are working as this is not 2016.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Quote:
Robert Gibbs, Jay Carney and Josh Earnest never had to hold a press conference to announce that the President reads

In the past few weeks Trump and his administration have had to address whether this president can read, walk down a ramp and drink water with one hand. I feel as though they are setting the bar pretty low.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Trump is a troglodyte...with the power to launch us into nuclear oblivion.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

x1000. It isn't in other countries. It shouldn't be here.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Recently Trump asked, "where are you Roger Ailes?"

Oh don't worry Trump. You'll see him again one day. Same goes for Mitch McConnell.

And no I'm not threatening him, or encouraging violence against him. I'm just saying he's an unhealthy person.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Quote:

From the photos one of my favorite. 5-year-old Jacob Philadelphia, told Obama, "I want to know if my hair is just like yours." LINK Obama was genuine to a fault.

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Lincoln Project's newest:

A MUST SEE!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2310, 2311, 2312 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next
Page 2311 of 3670
Jump to: