THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2306, 2307, 2308 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Trump reminds me of Fredo, from The Godfather 2.

I'm smart!

2nd link

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:48 am    Post subject:

And when caught red-handed, lie, lie and lie some more.

Quote:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Intel just reported to me that they did not find this info credible, and therefore did not report it to me or @VP . Possibly another fabricated Russia Hoax, maybe by the Fake News @nytimesbooks , wanting to make Republicans look bad!!!

He almost has to say the whole thing is "fake" to explain why he's taking no action against Russia NOW - now that he knows. The intel community didn't leak this (bleep) to the media without back up.

I'm never going to stop being outraged by this immoral unfit piece of garbage. And neither should you. It doesn't matter that it's the 3,000th thing he should be impeached for but won't be. Keep the outrage going until we run this disgraceful person from the White House. And may the outrage create a blue wave that runs his complicit GOP supporters from their seats in Congress. And may that outrage create a wave that sends a message to everyone who voted for him that they are on the wrong side of history and the wrong side of decency.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:10 am    Post subject:

And now the AP confirms more details. Trump denies briefing about reported bounties on US troops

Quote:
The intelligence assessments came amid Trump’s push to withdraw the U.S. from Afghanistan and suggested that Russia was making overtures to militants as the U.S. and the Taliban were holding talks to end the long-running war. The assessment was first reported by The New York Times and then confirmed to The Associated Press by American intelligence officials and two others with knowledge of the matter.

There were conflicting reports about whether Trump was aware of Russia’s actions. The intelligence officials told the AP that the president was briefed on the matter earlier this year; Trump denied that, tweeting on Sunday that neither he nor Vice President Mike Pence had been briefed. Trump tweeted Sunday night that he was just told that intelligence officials didn’t report the information to him because they didn’t find it credible.

The intelligence officials and others with knowledge of the matter insisted on anonymity in order to discuss the highly sensitive matter.

Quote:
The officials the AP spoke to said the intelligence community has been investigating an April 2019 attack on an American convoy that killed three U.S. Marines after a car rigged with explosives detonated near their armored vehicles as they were traveling back to Bagram Airfield, the largest U.S. military installation in Afghanistan. Three other U.S. service members were wounded in the attack, along with an Afghan contractor. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack on Twitter. The officials the AP spoke to also said they were looking closely at insider attacks — sometimes called “green-on-blue” incidents — from 2019 to determine if they are also linked to Russian bounties.

In early 2020, members of the elite Naval Special Warfare Development Group, known to the public as SEAL Team Six, raided a Taliban outpost and recovered roughly $500,000. The recovered funds further solidified the suspicions of the American intelligence community that the Russians had offered money to Taliban militants and other linked associations.

One official said the administration discussed several potential responses, but the White House has yet to authorize any step.

More details will leak out each time he Trump says it's all "fake."
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:29 am    Post subject:

Retired General Barry McCaffrey who served in 3 administrations (Republican and Democratic), and who worked with the NSC and senior WH staff, says on MSNBC there is ZERO possibility Trump didn't know. ZERO. Especially given Trump trying to get Russia back in the G7 and current negotiations to withdraw from Afghanistan. The information bears directly on those two issues.

Richard Haas former diplomat security adviser during Bush administration: this information would NEVER have brought to the NSC unless it had been verified and vetted.

And by the way, it's also been confirmed by British Intelligence and others around the world.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:40 am    Post subject:

Well then I'm sure trump will take the necessary steps to discipline the Russians. Otherwise he would just be taking a dump on the intelligence community in favor of a foreign enemy, which he would never ever do.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Retired General Barry McCaffrey who served in 3 administrations (Republican and Democratic), and who worked with the NSC and senior WH staff, says on MSNBC there is ZERO possibility Trump didn't know. ZERO. Especially given Trump trying to get Russia back in the G7 and current negotiations to withdraw from Afghanistan. The information bears directly on those two issues.

Richard Haas former diplomat security adviser during Bush administration: this information would NEVER have brought to the NSC unless it had been verified and vetted.

And by the way, it's also been confirmed by British Intelligence and others around the world.

Is there an article confirming the Brits knew? This is an absolutely crazy story but I think everyone needs to take a step back and think it through. We are saying Russia basically declared war on us and Trump did nothing. I don't like the guy, can't stand him, and want him out of office yesterday, but this would be the most treasonous act in U.S. history given the office, so for the country's sake, we need to figure this out first.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

SCOTUS strikes down Louisiana law seeking to limit abortions by odious regulation of abortion clinics. Justice Roberts sides with liberals in 5-4 decision. Clarence Thomas wrote the dissent.

Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion clinic law
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject:

New numbers from the extreme right-leaning poll that Trump loves to quote. This seems to match his lowest Rasmussen approval number (he's frequently in the high 40's and even hit 50 & 51 a couple of times):

Quote:
Political Polls @Politics_Polls

Trump Job Approval:
Approve 42%
Disapprove 55%

@Rasmussen_Poll 6/24-28

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_history
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject:

Trump moved the GOP convention to Jacksonville, Florida because he didn't want attendees to have to wear masks or comply with social distancing.

Jacksonville to order mask-wearing ahead of GOP convention. A turning point came after decisions by the Coast Guard and Navy, which has two facilities in Jacksonville, to require indoor mask-wearing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Trump moved the GOP convention to Jacksonville, Florida because he didn't want attendees to have to wear masks or comply with social distancing.

Jacksonville to order mask-wearing ahead of GOP convention. A turning point came after decisions by the Coast Guard and Navy, which has two facilities in Jacksonville, to require indoor mask-wearing.

Have to do it. Every time I see Jacksonville I think of THIS

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Her age is greater than her I.Q.

She is a great example of what's wrong with this country.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Her age is greater than her I.Q.

She is a great example of what's wrong with this country.

She’s also a parody
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

She was joking?

I watched most of it, but not all of the video.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject:

Yeah, watching the whole video and looking around the site helped me see she was being funny (and making a point).

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
She was joking?

I watched most of it, but not all of the video.

Yes, she has a description that says I make satirical videos.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Mine was not the post you were looking for...

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

So Trump's team met with a bunch of Republicans in Washington and they've decided to attack the New York Times, as opposed to attacking Putin.

Ben Shapiro also came up with an explanation of why Trump posted that "white power" video: he probably saw it without sound and then retweeted it.

The gaslighting continues.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Igor Bobic
@igorbobic
·
30m
In floor speech on Russian bounties and Trump’s knowledge of intel, Sen. Duckworth says "ignorance isn't exculpatory.”

“'No one told me' is not an excuse for a commander in chief...it is in fact a confession of incompetence,” she adds

Quote:
Igor Bobic
@igorbobic
·
28m
"He's had time to call Joe Biden names, however....not once in the past 72 hours has he found time to express outrage that American service members are dead," Duckworth says. "Not responding here is a response in its own way."

Quote:
Igor Bobic
@igorbobic
Duckworth accuses Trump of making it "more likely that more spouses will be widowed and more moms and dads turned into gold star parents."

"How dare he still call himself the commander in chief?"

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
So Trump's team met with a bunch of Republicans in Washington and they've decided to attack the New York Times, as opposed to attacking Putin.

Ben Shapiro also came up with an explanation of why Trump posted that "white power" video: he probably saw it without sound and then retweeted it.

These guys are master spinners. Trumps base will eat it up like banana pudding.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

These guys are master spinners. Trumps base will eat it up like banana pudding.

And the WH is not meeting with any Democrats until tomorrow. So the R's will have a days head start to sell their version, get their talking points lined up, go on Fox to spin it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Trump never pushes back on Russia, his administration does not him. I have a theory as to why. I think Putin has something so devastating on him he fears if he say anything against him he will release the dirt.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

The problem is it was also independently confirmed by Washington Post, AP, Wall Street Journal (owned by same Rupert Murdoch that owns Fox News) and NBC News. They are lying traitorous idiots and they should all be voted out.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Trump never pushes back on Russia, his administration does not him. I have a theory as to why. I think Putin has something so devastating on him he fears if he say anything against him he will release the dirt.

My top fear with him before he was elected was how easily he could be baited or manipulated by some. And not because they might have something on him. Just his personality. He will bully those he think he can or get defensive/angry against those who attack him and then on the other side of things, he will act like a coward/buddy to those who he perceives as strong and/or those who kiss his ass. If you've got an agenda, it's just so easy to play him. All Putin has to do is kiss his ass a little, praise him and Trump will give concessions or be soft on whatever to try to get guys like Putin to like him. His ego wants their respect.

He's an insecure little man who wants to be king and told how great he is. Just play into that and you can get all kinds of things from him.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

It's obvious that people behind the scenes have had it with this traitor and aren't holding back any longer:

Carl Bernstein for CNN: From pandering to Putin to abusing allies and ignoring his own advisers, Trump's phone calls alarm US officials

Quote:
In hundreds of highly classified phone calls with foreign heads of state, President Donald Trump was so consistently unprepared for discussion of serious issues, so often outplayed in his conversations with powerful leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and so abusive to leaders of America's principal allies, that the calls helped convince some senior US officials -- including his former secretaries of state and defense, two national security advisers and his longest-serving chief of staff -- that the President himself posed a danger to the national security of the United States, according to White House and intelligence officials intimately familiar with the contents of the conversations.

The calls caused former top Trump deputies -- including national security advisers H.R. McMaster and John Bolton, Defense Secretary James Mattis, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, and White House chief of staff John Kelly, as well as intelligence officials -- to conclude that the President was often "delusional," as two sources put it, in his dealings with foreign leaders. The sources said there was little evidence that the President became more skillful or competent in his telephone conversations with most heads of state over time. Rather, he continued to believe that he could either charm, jawbone or bully almost any foreign leader into capitulating to his will, and often pursued goals more attuned to his own agenda than what many of his senior advisers considered the national interest.

Quote:
These officials' concerns about the calls, and particularly Trump's deference to Putin, take on new resonance with reports the President may have learned in March that Russia had offered the Taliban bounties to kill US troops in Afghanistan -- and yet took no action. CNN's sources said there were calls between Putin and Trump about Trump's desire to end the American military presence in Afghanistan but they mentioned no discussion of the supposed Taliban bounties.

By far the greatest number of Trump's telephone discussions with an individual head of state were with Erdogan, who sometimes phoned the White House at least twice a week and was put through directly to the President on standing orders from Trump, according to the sources. Meanwhile, the President regularly bullied and demeaned the leaders of America's principal allies, especially two women: telling Prime Minister Theresa May of the United Kingdom she was weak and lacked courage; and telling German Chancellor Angela Merkel that she was "stupid."

Trump incessantly boasted to his fellow heads of state, including Saudi Arabia's autocratic royal heir Mohammed bin Salman and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, about his own wealth, genius, "great" accomplishments as President, and the "idiocy" of his Oval Office predecessors, according to the sources.

In his conversations with both Putin and Erdogan, Trump took special delight in trashing former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama and suggested that dealing directly with him -- Trump -- would be far more fruitful than during previous administrations. "They didn't know BS," he said of Bush and Obama -- one of several derisive tropes the sources said he favored when discussing his predecessors with the Turkish and Russian leaders.

Quote:
One person familiar with almost all the conversations with the leaders of Russia, Turkey, Canada, Australia and western Europe described the calls cumulatively as 'abominations' so grievous to US national security interests that if members of Congress heard from witnesses to the actual conversations or read the texts and contemporaneous notes, even many senior Republican members would no longer be able to retain confidence in the President.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

My top fear with him before he was elected was how easily he could be baited or manipulated by some. And not because they might have something on him. Just his personality. He will bully those he think he can or get defensive/angry against those who attack him and then on the other side of things, he will act like a coward/buddy to those who he perceives as strong and/or those who kiss his ass. If you've got an agenda, it's just so easy to play him. All Putin has to do is kiss his ass a little, praise him and Trump will give concessions or be soft on whatever to try to get guys like Putin to like him. His ego wants their respect.

He's an insecure little man who wants to be king and told how great he is. Just play into that and you can get all kinds of things from him.

Well put. Also he's extremely stubborn. Once he has a position on someone or something, he refuses to change it. No matter what news comes out about them.
With the exception of if that same someone turns their back on him. The day before any of his ex-staff speak out against him, it's "he's a great person, because I only hire the best!". They day after they turn on him it's, "they're a hack, a failure, a vindictive liar and loser".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2306, 2307, 2308 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 2307 of 3673
Jump to: