THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2272, 2273, 2274 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

The DC mayor is great: She gave Trump "the finger"!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Amen.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
trmiv wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins

During his press conference on the jobs numbers, Trump says, "Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying there’s a great thing happening for our country. It’s a great day for him. It’s a great day for everybody."

This is what an evil racist psychotic malignant narcissist moron sounds like.

I’m continually astounded that I can be continually astounded by the (bleep) this piece of crap says.

Yup. There is no bottom.

But a humungous ass.

who writes his speeches ? You can find better writers if you go to ads on craigslist ..... or maybe he went off script.

If I'm the Biden campaign, I grab this quote and run with it.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
I'm thankful when police arrive to protect people and property. I'm thankful for when they keep the peace and when they enforce just laws. I'm in favor of looters and people who are damaging property being arrested and thrown in jail, but it has to be said that the police have been exposed to the world for what they really are over and over again during these protests: A bunch of power tripping violent bullies who who cover and cover-up for each other when they abuse their power no matter the circumstances. What black and brown people have known for the longest time is finally becoming apparent to everyone else.

There needs to be a significant cultural and structural change in the how police across the USA go about their business.

Yep. For now, keep showing us your brutality, bullets and batons... the more they try to oppress, the more sustained outrage, the more the numbers will grow. Maybe we reach a tipping point.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Love, love, LOVE the DC Mayor:

Quote:
Mayor Muriel Bowser #StayHomeDC @MayorBowser

The section of 16th street in front of the White House is now officially “Black Lives Matter Plaza”.

video of working changing the street sign

That is the best thing I've seen in a while, lol.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
I'm thankful when police arrive to protect people and property. I'm thankful for when they keep the peace and when they enforce just laws. I'm in favor of looters and people who are damaging property being arrested and thrown in jail, but it has to be said that the police have been exposed to the world for what they really are over and over again during these protests: A bunch of power tripping violent bullies who who cover and cover-up for each other when they abuse their power no matter the circumstances. What black and brown people have known for the longest time is finally becoming apparent to everyone else.

There needs to be a significant cultural and structural change in the how police across the USA go about their business.

Yep. For now, keep showing us your brutality, bullets and batons... the more they try to oppress, the more sustained outrage, the more the numbers will grow. Maybe we reach a tipping point.

Pat Robertson breaking to what would have been considered "the left" on an issue seems like that point.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

The section of 16th street in front of the White House is now officially “Black Lives Matter Plaza”.

Dos it affect the actual address of the White House (1600 BLM Plaza) or just the park area in front of the WH? Can she, temporarily at least, change the WH official address to 1600 Trump Sucks Ave?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Dos it affect the actual address of the White House (1600 BLM Plaza) or just the park area in front of the WH? Can she, temporarily at least, change the WH official address to 1600 Trump Sucks Ave?

The WH is on Pennsylvania Ave, not 16th street unfortunately.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Pat Robertson breaking to what would have been considered "the left" on an issue seems like that point.

And now, a Buffalo police unit resigns in protest after the cops brutally knocked over a 70 year old man whose head then hit the concrete and started bleeding profusely. Then they walked right on past him with depraved indifference.

https://www.investigativepost.org/2020/06/05/police-unit-resigns-in-protest/

“Fifty-seven resigned in disgust because of the treatment of two of their members, who were simply executing orders,” said John Evans, PBA president.

Hm, they were just following orders. Where have I heard this before. Hm.

You don't beat people with clubs to create order. You beat people with clubs to create a riot. Depraved indifference.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Lady G is trending. And to quote Inigo Montoya, I don't think it means what you think it means.

Not that this is a surprise to me or many others, but if this went mainstream, it would be just deserts.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Lady G is trending. And to quote Inigo Montoya, I don't think it means what you think it means.

Not that this is a surprise to me or many others, but if this went mainstream, it would be just deserts.

Interesting aspect, one reason (allegedly) that the sex workers have stayed quiet is because of NDA's, which would actually be unenforceable since sex work is an illegal activity and thus any NDA's would be unenforceable.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Interesting aspect, one reason (allegedly) that the sex workers have stayed quiet is because of NDA's, which would actually be unenforceable since sex work is an illegal activity and thus any NDA's would be unenforceable.

How could he (or his advisers) not know this? Or is he doing this without telling any advisers? Regardless, I know this will be salacious (if true) for many just because he'll be revealed as a gay closet case, but far more salacious to me will be the fact that he was voting anti-gay for years, obviously. At least Larry Craig would know that he has company.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
Roger Goodell and the NFL say they "were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest” @brgridiron

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1269037740080812032

I got the same thoughts for him as I do for the people speaking out who used to work for Trump in the White House.

I genuinely appreciate the comments. But (bleep) you. You only get a sliver of respect for saying something after the fact. And the people working for Trump right now. Resign and/or come forward with what you know. Screw this after the fact BS.

The thought process screams Christian ideology. Lie, cheat, steal, sin all you like. And just repent before you die. And it's all good. NAH. It's not all good. Don't support it in the 1st place. And don't expect an atta-boy if you call out wrong after the fact.

Last edited by kikanga on Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

#FireGoodell

His comments and actions didn't become wrong once Floyd died. They were always wrong. Can him.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
#FireGoodell

His comments and actions didn't become wrong once Floyd died. They were always wrong. Can him.

He's a spokesperson for the racist owners (like every sports commissioner). If you want to strike a blow, stop watching or buying NFL gear.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:
#FireGoodell

He's a spokesperson for the racist owners (like every sports commissioner). If you want to strike a blow, stop watching or buying NFL gear.

I haven't watched the NFL or supported it for years. Ever since I found out about CTE.

Still. Fire Goodell.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

How could he (or his advisers) not know this? Or is he doing this without telling any advisers? Regardless, I know this will be salacious (if true) for many just because he'll be revealed as a gay closet case, but far more salacious to me will be the fact that he was voting anti-gay for years, obviously. At least Larry Craig would know that he has company.

To the first bolded, he probably is. To the second, yes, the interesting part would be his concerted efforts against the gay community, so hardly surprising that some have apparently said, "enough is enough".
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

EILI5?

Giuliani? huh.. Lady G?
Google "Donald Trump Rudy Giuliani Drag Queen Motorboat"
After Rudy Giuliani suggested people search the internet for proof of Hillary Clinton's health problems, Stephen suggested an alternate set of search terms.

I didn't know NYT KILLED it here
That Time Trump Felt Up Giuliani - NYT Opinion
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:
#FireGoodell

I haven't watched the NFL or supported it for years. Ever since I found out about CTE.

Still. Fire Goodell.

Yes, given his positions over the last few years in regards to CK and the kneeling, he needs to go. And there may be a need to give some of the owners the Donald Sterling treatment.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I was critical of Drew Brees's comments and dismissive of his apology. But he really stepped up in light of Trump's attack on him for apologizing. Drew's feet got held to the fire on all fronts and he has handled it well and fired back at POtuS in the most appropriate and sincere fashion.

People can learn if you make sure to educate them and correct them on their mistakes along the way.

We can do this. It's not going to be easy, but uphill battles never are. But such battles have been won before, and it's always as much more through enlightenment than force.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Biden has officially won enough delegates to secure the nomination.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Cue the Bernie Bros indignation . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I used to dislike it when you and BVH would call out Bernie bros. Because they are "progressive". Like me.

But after I heard "Barack was just as bad as Trump". I get where you guys are coming from. Bernie created a golem with his supporters. And now they are even more illogically divisive and contrarian than he is (at the moment).
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I used to dislike it when you and BVH would call out Bernie bros. Because they are "progressive". Like me.

But after I heard "Barack was just as bad as Trump". I get where you guys are coming from. Bernie created a golem with his supporters. And now they are even more illogically divisive and contrarian than he is (at the moment).

It’s unfortunate that you saw the cult of Bernie as being progressive like you. There’s nothing progressive about them. You understand that progress is a movement forward. As I have said before, people who overly identified and misappropriated Bernie’s original message aren’t interested in progress. They are focused on a selfish form of it that suits their own personal agenda. They don’t care about progress, as is evidenced by the fact that they are willing to (bleep) actual progress to serve their sense of entitlement. They refuse to accept or are unable to understand the reality that progress is a journey and not an a matter of immediate gratification.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:21 pm    Post subject:

I must say, the consciousness here makes me kinda tingly...there may be hope after all....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2272, 2273, 2274 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 2273 of 3671
Jump to: