THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2257, 2258, 2259 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

After it was pointed out that Trump hadn't mentioned the 100,000 dead Americans, one of Trump's toadies wrote a tweet for him so they could pretend he's a normal human being and not a soulless ghoul.

Quote:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

We have just reached a very sad milestone with the coronavirus pandemic deaths reaching 100,000. To all of the families & friends of those who have passed, I want to extend my heartfelt sympathy & love for everything that these great people stood for & represent. God be with you!
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject:

I have an e-mail account and a few boards that I visit, LG being one of them.

I make it a point to avoid (anti-)social media.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

Saw someone post the lyrics to Nowhere Man in ref to Trump on twit.

Pretty good fit.

He's a real nowhere man
Sitting in his nowhere land
Making all his nowhere plans for nobody

Doesn't have a point of view
Knows not where he's going to
Isn't he a bit like you and me?

Nowhere Man, please listen
You don't know what you're missing
Nowhere Man, the world is at your command

He's as blind as he can be
Just sees what he wants to see
Nowhere Man can you see me at all?

Nowhere Man, don't worry
Take your time, don't hurry
Leave it all till somebody else lends you a hand

Doesn't have a point of view
Knows not where he's going to
Isn't he a bit like you and me?

Nowhere Man, please listen
You don't know what you're missing
Nowhere Man, the world is at your command

He's a real Nowhere Man
Sitting in his nowhere land
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Trump on George Floyd: "I feel very, very badly. That’s a very shocking sight." He adds, "That was a very, very bad thing that I saw. I saw it last night and I didn't like it...what I saw was not good. Very bad."

He has the vocabulary of a four year-old.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
howardfineman @howardfineman

If @amyklobuchar is somehow going to make it onto the ticket with @JoeBiden , which seems increasingly unlikely, she’s going to have a lot of explaining to do to him and the country about her history with the police department of #Minneapolis.

I like her but she would not be my first choice for VP even without this "new" baggage.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

If @amyklobuchar is somehow going to make it onto the ticket with @JoeBiden , which seems increasingly unlikely, she’s going to have a lot of explaining to do to him and the country about her history with the police department of #Minneapolis.

I like her but she would not be my first choice for VP even without this "new" baggage.

I just can’t find any area of importance where she’s better than other candidates on the short list.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

I just can’t find any area of importance where she’s better than other candidates on the short list.

I think she'd do well against Pence in a debate, using her Midwest credentials and pointing how he sold his soul to Trump. But that's about it.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Trump on George Floyd: "I feel very, very badly. That’s a very shocking sight." He adds, "That was a very, very bad thing that I saw. I saw it last night and I didn't like it...what I saw was not good. Very bad."

He has the vocabulary of a four year-old.

Props to him for at least not using it for Base food...

He almost showed emotion there

I am not even willing to add these types of videos to my brain.. I rarely watch any of them.. Haven't watched this one..

**I am still traumatized by the kid in Fullerton the cops brutally murdered that was screaming I can't breathe etc

Ugly pic but read how many times he pled with them and how polite he was
https://davidshurter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/1606967_657564107634071_1059143545_n.jpg
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

I think she'd do well against Pence in a debate, using her Midwest credentials and pointing how he sold his soul to Trump. But that's about it.

She’s not the only one who can do that.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Amy could help in midwestern states. And if that's helps Biden defeat Trump's backwards policies. I'll reluctantly accept the decision to put her on the ticket.

But there is NOTHING I like about her. Be it her personality or policy she advocates for. But I'm a voter in a safe district and state (Los Angeles, CA).

She's actually right of Biden. I'd prefer Warren 100000000x more. I prefer pretty much everybody else mentioned for VP over her.

But at the end of the day we need Trump out. He's literally killing people now and in the future. He's not just conservative. He's extreme right.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:15 am
Trump is meeting with Tulsi Gabbard today. Would he really place someone so liberal in a cabinet level position? No desire to be sexist towards Mrs. Gabbard, but there are million jokes in there about Trump simply requesting to speak to the most attractive female in Congress.

I was trying to find an old article I posted about Putin enacting Internet Libel laws predicting Trump would do the same thing...

But I came across this gem.. Tulsi was selected by and met with Team Trump before he was even inaugurated...
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Whitmer, Warren, Harris, Demings in that order for me.
Gotta win Michigan.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Posted this in the George Floyd thread, but any "concern" from Trump supporters that he was going soft on Floyd was put to rest real quick within the past hour. He fed plenty of red meat to his base again. DON'T WORRY, THEY ARE THUGS, SO IF WE HAVE TO, WE'LL SHOOT 'EM DEAD! (That's basically what he said.)

As far as the VP choice, it feels like it's going to be Harris to me. I've had her as the favorite, I think, from the beginning (as have betting markets). I just think Biden feels a real rapport with her, despite the early debate tussle.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Posted this in the George Floyd thread, but any "concern" from Trump supporters that he was going soft on Floyd was put to rest real quick within the past hour. He fed plenty of red meat to his base again. DON'T WORRY, THEY ARE THUGS, SO IF WE HAVE TO, WE'LL SHOOT 'EM DEAD! (That's basically what he said.)

As far as the VP choice, it feels like it's going to be Harris to me. I've had her as the favorite, I think, from the beginning (as have betting markets). I just think Biden feels a real rapport with her, despite the early debate tussle.

Yeah, she checks a lot of boxes.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Yeah, she checks a lot of boxes.

As does Demings, which I suppose is why she's gaining a lot of momentum. She's not as well-known, but I think she checks a lot of boxes as well. Would she be an asset in Florida? Would her police chief background help or hurt? Will Harris' prosecutorial background help or hurt? I still think Harris will be the choice.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

from a link from Omar

https://mobile.twitter.com/dyllyp/status/1266166402521522176

too much wowza..
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h
....These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!

I think Harrris also for VP pick.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Not that I'm surprised, but this was another opportunity he missed. He could have called for collective calm and assumed some leadership. But no, Trump gotta Trump.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:06 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h
....These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!

Quote:
giabuchi @jaboukie 12h
looting target is unamerican. the real american thing to do is loot iraq iran kuwait pakistan yemen somalia syria afghanistan sudan vietnam mexico cuba panama haiti nicaragua jamaica north korea guatemala the philippines dominican republic guyana chile cambodia angola el salvador

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject:

Here's what twitter did with Trump's "thug" tweet:

Quote:

[This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain accessible. Learn more]

Then you have to click on a button called "View" to see the original tweet:

Quote:

And the Official White House twitter feed retweeted his call for violence against the protesters.

He's really going to (bleep) bricks today. Kudos to Jack at Twitter. This should have been going on for the last several years. Better late than never.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

As I said in that thread, "THUGS" = Dog Whistling 101.

Quote:

Here's hoping. I think they can move past the contentiousness of the debates because I think that was just gamesmanship on each other's part as opposed to actual antagonism. The only concern I have about Harris would be her career as a Prosecutor and some of the criticism surrounding it. That may not play well at a time like this.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h

Quote:
giabuchi @jaboukie 12h
looting target is unamerican. the real american thing to do is loot iraq iran kuwait pakistan yemen somalia syria afghanistan sudan vietnam mexico cuba panama haiti nicaragua jamaica north korea guatemala the philippines dominican republic guyana chile cambodia angola el salvador

As many have said in the last couple of days . . . every American not Native is standing on looted soil.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject:

It's small potatoes given all that's going on, but Twitter should deplatform Trump.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

[This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain accessible. Learn more]

Quote:

And the Official White House twitter feed retweeted his call for violence against the protesters.

He's really going to (bleep) bricks today. Kudos to Jack at Twitter. This should have been going on for the last several years. Better late than never.

I almost agree with Dorsey on this one - leaving it up provides and example of how heinous Trump is.

But here's why I don't. First of all, consistency. If anyone else on Twitter posts such a thing, it is not just flagged, it is removed and the user likely booted from the platform (as they should). That kind of inconsistency actually has the opposite effect intended by leaving it up for people to see. The message is, "The POtuS is allowed to do this mind of thing, but no one else is". It legitimizes it even with the flagging. MORE SO, it provides Trump's base with the rationale to say, "SEE! It's even Twitter agrees that calls for violence should be allowed, it's just tagging it for the snowflake libtards".

The only acceptable action for Dorsey at this point is to remove Trump from Twitter and there are more than ample grounds for doing so. Dorsey needs to take Trump's loudest and largest dog whistle out of his mouth, permanently. Lessen the the access from Trump to spread his vile hatred. You can't shut him up, but you can make it harder for him to verbally torch the nation. Who cares if his base on morally bankrupt Repugnicans what may say about "censoring" him.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I almost agree with Dorsey on this one - leaving it up provides and example of how heinous Trump is.

But here's why I don't. First of all, consistency. If anyone else on Twitter posts such a thing, it is not just flagged, it is removed and the user likely booted from the platform (as they should). That kind of inconsistency actually has the opposite effect intended by leaving it up for people to see. The message is, "The POtuS is allowed to do this mind of thing, but no one else is". It legitimizes it even with the flagging. MORE SO, it provides Trump's base with the rationale to say, "SEE! It's even Twitter agrees that calls for violence should be allowed, it's just tagging it for the snowflake libtards".

The only acceptable action for Dorsey at this point is to remove Trump from Twitter and there are more than ample grounds for doing so. Dorsey needs to take Trump's loudest and largest dog whistle out of his mouth, permanently. Lessen the the access from Trump to spread his vile hatred. You can't shut him up, but you can make it harder for him to verbally torch the nation. Who cares if his base on morally bankrupt Repugnicans what may say about "censoring" him.

I get your point, but I don't think anyone who would say the bolded is reachable anyway...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2257, 2258, 2259 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 2258 of 3671
Jump to: